Bionic Woman Forums

NBC (ended 2007)

Michelle Ryan

slim324k

[1]Dec 30, 2007
    • level: 12
    My question to you all is now that this show is "axed" do you think they should give Michelle another chance on some other show? If so would she be better in a starring or support role?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kdtfiles

[2]Dec 30, 2007
    • level: 23
    She is like every other actor/actress. If the show ends she will have to go out and try and get another one. IMO, sure she is ok in BW, but I don't think she is good enough, yet, to warrent her being just given another show, she is going to have to work for it.

RosAzzo

[3]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 29
    She is a good actress so if this show gets 'axed' which I hope it does not happen, I think we will see her on other shows.

hollacious

[4]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 18
    She might come back to British TV which will be more likely to give her a show

slim324k

[5]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 12
    Well we know this show is canceled so no disputing that but I personally hope to see some minor roles. She is a decent actress but a little more to her credit couldn't hurt.

hollacious

[6]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 18
    No not for sure yet, they have more episodes coming, there are 13 in total I read and they'll be coming after the strike, so don't count your chickens just yet, lets hope these episodes prove to be a big turnabout for the show with great plots and better dialogue and maybe, just maybe it may survive, it's a long shot but we can hope

djariya

[7]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 19
    Unlike the opinions of alot of people, I actually like Michelle Ryan. I think she's attractive and has done a decent job with the material given to her on BW. I assume the producers of this show and her management probably thought this role was going to make her a star, which obviously hasn't happened. I hope she gets another chance in Hollywood if this show does get canned for good. She's really young and deserves another shot.

topoopon

[8]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 19
    3 words: Jekyll Series Two

ebayking90

[9]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 9
    I am not familiar with her work over in the UK, but I do feel that she is a talented actress. For one, I feel her being able to do an American accent is amazing and I just found out that Lena Headey does the same thing too. I saw her in 300 and also in Terminator: TSCC and I would have never known that she was British. So, along with being to pull off that accent and to do convincing acting is quite an accomplishment for the both of them. In my book Michelle Ryan is an amazing actress and even if it doesn't work for Bionic Woman, she will either get to show her talents in some otherproject in the US or UK.

magog2

[10]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 2
    topoopon wrote:
    3 words: Jekyll Series Two

Yes, Jekyll was great and so was Michelle as supporting character. James Nesbitt was brilliant...and very evil.
    Anyone who hasn't seen this show should take a look:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497298/

I don't think you can blame Michelle Ryan for the stupid scripts written for Bionic Woman.
    They did too many stupid things like dropping Chris Bowers (aka Will Anthros) for example. At least they could have done that better. His wound was only a scratch and the next episode he's dead...what the (f-word) is this?

I also have to say that I don't like the Sarah Corvus character at all. I'm glad she's gone (at least I hope so).
    I'm sorry to say so but I also don't like Katee Sackhoff as Starbuck on BSG...she's playing in both series (IMHO) a very annoying character maybe that's the reason.
    I think the recast of Becca Sommers (Lucy Hale) was a good choice and I don't think this role is totally useless.
    Beside being "cute" the sister is needed so Jamie has a family member to care about (as someone else wrote it above).

I have my doubt that the show is getting good enough for the remaining episodes to be renewed.
    There were far better shows in the past that got the axe.

Serevinus

[11]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 14
    I don't dislike BW, although I have seen better, it is better than all the reality shows they put on TV these days.
    That said, If it was a choice between this, and The Sarah Connor Chronicles being cut, I would choose this. (SCC is the closest thing I can think of to BW)
    I would love to see MR in another season of Jekyll. Now that was a great show that would keep you hooked and waiting in anticipation of next weeks show.

melasthanatos

[12]Jan 24, 2008
    • level: 3

Serevinus wrote:
    I don't dislike BW, although I have seen better, it is better than all the reality shows they put on TV these days. That said, If it was a choice between this, and The Sarah Connor Chronicles being cut, I would choose this. (SCC is the closest thing I can think of to BW) I would love to see MR in another season of Jekyll. Now that was a great show that would keep you hooked and waiting in anticipation of next weeks show.

I totally agree. I'm getting sick of reality shows.

EddieGuerreroET

[13]Apr 13, 2009
    • level: 8
    I thought she played a good role i'm still not sure why this show got canceled so quickly.