Bionic Woman

Trust Issues

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Nov 14, 2007 on NBC

• As good as it gets (so far)

*SPOILERS* Action packed, but not full of drama. At least not the type that builds up with tension. For me, this is an episode that promised so much and failed - again.

The "effects" demonstrating Jaime's bionic attributes have become pitiful. The running and jumping don't ring true in their motions. Thats the smallest of concerns though.

The plot just never has the chance to ferment and draw the viewer into the storylines. Dialogue is at times better than usual, but I still have no real connection to Jaime or any other character on the show. The only real occurance: Antonio's death is about the only redeeming aspect of this episode. The penultimate scenes are probably the best this show has had to date.

If you enjoy presidential assignment story line dont be fooled by it. There only purpose it serves is to setup the Antonio suspect/death plot. For that reason it never gets going as we chop between the primary locations where the president is threatened and Jaime going back to her flat. That really doesnt make sense - why are they on-duty then off-duty in a matter of minutes?!

The encounter with CIA agents was a bright spot. Jaimes friction with the agency could well have grown in one of the promising storylines of this show (if it had continued beyond 8).

However, all aspects: locations, scenes and dialogue just dont gel and appear bity!

A good attempt but not well made. Still worth a watch though.
  • I loved it!

Jaime and Antonio work together to stop an assassination of a president from out of the country. Jaime suspects that Antonio may be working with the assassin. Becca wants Jaime and Tom to stay together as they have their date. Antonio has not been working with the assassin. The assassin knows Antonio. She also shoots him, which causes his death. Jaime receieves comfort from Tom after Antonio's death and she tells him that she can't do it anymore.

This was a great episode! Living Jaime's life would be pretty hard. I can't believe that Antonio is dead! I liked him! Nathan is so funny! This episode receives a 9.5 out of 10!
  • Another foolish mistake

"Bionic Woman" has always been a series in crisis. Every episode or so brings with it a new showrunner, and the show has suffered wild tonal shifts as a result. A show that once seemed ready to explore new ground has fallen back on questionable tropes that have been done to death. Even the concept has slowly but surely lost its novelty. Jaime Sommers and her bionics seem rather ordinary and underutilized, especially given that her limitations are never truly explored.

The writers' strike has shut down production for the show, and there's already talk that the final episode produced could serve as a series finale. If so, that's probably not any contingency built into the episode on the production side; it's spin after the fact. The show has undergone too many changes and setbacks for an early-season episode to bring things to a satisfactory conclusion.

There's also the statement from Katee Sackhoff to consider. Sarah Corvus was a fixture of the first few episodes, and without a doubt, that guest character made Jaime Sommers look like a chump. More to the point, Sackhoff makes Michelle Ryan look like a rank amateur. The show has been suffering from her absence, and Sackhoff has made it clear that she has no intention of returning to the show if it manages to survive past the strike.

I cannot overstate the effect this would have on the show. The early episodes brought a necessary level of complication to the series. Corvus was a window into the kind of transformation that Jaime might endure, and saving Corvus gave Jaime a means of saving herself. There were also a number of long-term plot elements connected to Corvus. Without that mythology to draw upon, the series has been faltering, grasping at any chance to become a Michael Bay knockoff on the small screen.

One might wonder what all of this has to do with this specific episode. It's actually quite simple. With the lack of creative focus and the loss of Sarah Corvus from the narrative, the show needed someone with gravitas to make up for the lack of strong characterization. Miguel Ferrer could do the job, but Jonas is toothless. Jae has been completely sidelined, it seems, and Jaime's CIA boyfriend is about as bland as it gets. The only remaining option was Antonio, played as well as could be expected by Isaiah Washington.

The actor was only hired for a limited number of episodes, but the show will suffer tremendously from the lack of a solid supporting cast. His final appearance is actually one of the better episodes of late, particularly when the Jaime/Tom material is forgotten and Antonio's machinations are front and center. If anything, the story underscores the utility of such a character, reminding the audience of everything that will be lost now that he's gone.
  • Getting better.

I loved that the script kept us guessing. Althought I didn't think Antonio betrayed the team, you weren't really ever sure until he was confronted at the race tracks. Then the whole thing with Tom having Jaime tailed. I wasn't sure if it was personal or professional, again until Jaime confronted him. The script as a whole was pretty interesting. The concept of protecting, essentially a bad guy. The whole idea of needing to do a job they have a hard time swallowing. However, Jaime losing Antonio the way she did will change how she does her job. I thought that her turning to Tom was piviotal. I also like the I idean of Jaime making some changes at the office. This should be interesting.
  • Antonio and Jamie are sent on a mission together. She has to, however, evaluate her relationship with Tom.

It was not a bad episode, but hardly that fabulous. The main points were the death of Antonio and a little insight into his character before that happened. His death validates his point about relationship for people like himself and Jamie. Therefore I am definitely waiting to see where Jamie's relationship with Tom is going. Especially since I do not trust Tom at all. I am convinced he's a spy for the CIA or something. As for the other relationships in the episode. Jamie's sister finally meets Tom, but it was very uninteresting. Overall the episode was just VERY slow, so kind of disappointing. There was no Sarah, which might be a cause for it. Sarah mystery seem to have been placed on the shelf.
  • A basic episode it was ok to watch but it had one major event the death of Tony. We began with Jamie and Tom having a dinner with lil sis which of course was interrupted by a call from their prospective agencies. The case they are called for

A basic episode it was ok to watch but it had one major event the death of Tony. We began with Jamie and Tom having a dinner with lil sis which of course was interrupted by a call from their prospective agencies. The case they are called for makes them protect an African despot and Tony appears to be looking to help his mystery assassin. I find it awful that after crawling out from the events of Grey's Anatomy. Isiah Washington is out of work again and if I didn't particularly care about him I really did like his character. Don't understand why he had to go but his exit was well done and the only good thing about this episode.
  • great episode

Jaime and Antonio are assigned to stop an assassination plot on a foreign leader who plans to watch a horse race in the US. Jaime invites Tom for a dinner at her apartment. Jaime goes to an apartment after an assassin's bullet gets traced to that location. When she gets there, she finds Antonio talking to the sniper by phone. It's a really cool episode, the action is awesome. The bionic super human scenes were well made. The running sequence looked so good, it's a homage to the 70s bionic woman, it's really well made. i can't wait for the next episode.
  • Trust issues!

Well the show shows that again trust issues play a big role in the show. As whether you can trust the person or not. As Jaime has a lot on her plate as usual. As Antonio keeps butting in on her private life. And that she finds out that a crooked President is due to arrive in the US for a horse race. Meanwhile, Jaime tries to show Tom off to her sister Becca but a change of plans take place. Also Jaime overhears a conversation between Antonio and the assassin which questions her to trust him or not. In the end, he was trustworthy but now he is dead. Really good episode!
  • Best yet! Pivotal to the development!

In my opinion this was probably the best episode in this young season. We finally get to see Jamie test in a true hostile scenario which I think everyone can believe in. An assassination plot (though used a lot) was a true test of her ability as an agent and civilian. Loved how we also get to see her little sister growing into the situation some and waining away from the childish tantrums.

I am disappointed in the lose of Pope (Washington) but the way he played in this one was amazing. We finally get to learn something about him we didn't know, a glimpse as to why he had that tough exterior and now he's gone...shame! Season saver this episode by far. Didn't really see anything about this one I didn't like except for a little too much Tom; we could of seriously done without seeing him. But if she's going to be dating him we have no choice.

Two Thumbs Up!!!