A Bitten Community
Monday 8:00 PM on Syfy
"Weird Clothes & Bunnies"

First of all - "Descent" was a filler episode. It was setting a stage for things to come and so it wasn't very exciting. To be honest it was a bit boring. Let's call it necessary evil. Still there were few scenese worth mentioning.

"The break up"

It took 10 episodes, but Philip and Elena finally broke up. Or rather he dumped her after she admitted to having feelings for Clay. If Philip wasn't so boring I would probably feel sorry for him. However, he is the worst part of Bitten. So the sooner he vanishes from the show the better. Also I suspect that after leaving the apartment Philip ran straight to Miss Sweden's arms and the two of them had sex all night. So I doubt he will be heartbroken for long.

"Dirty man"

Nick's friend, Joey showed up. I have to say I wasn't really interested in his story of pain and torture. (Fast forward) In the end he led Jeremy, Nick and Logan to the Mutts (ex) hideout so I guess he served his purpose and now someone will kill him.

Also we found out that the Mutts are after Elena.

poll

"Photo Exhibition"

So Victor droped in to say hi. I'm disappointed. Now Elena knows he's in town and there will be no big surprise. Sure she feels threatened and we got a creepy bunny flashback (I really didn't need to see it) out of it. However, I expected something better from his reveal. At least Philip kicked Victor's ass.

Clay pulling Santos out of the car was definitley a high point of the episode. Like he didn't even bother to open the door. Classic Clay. So will Clay kill Santos in season's (series?) final?

"That's why I was avoiding you guys"

So Logan told everyone about the baby. And the wolfies were super happy. Even Jeremy was thrilled - one more wolf in his pack is a great news for him (since he's so crappy alpha). For once I support Logan (sorry Nick :( ) - he doesn't want to leave Rachel. I agree with him - every child should have a mother. I guess Logan will become a Mutt for breaking the Wolf Code.

Other Stuff:

- Philip's Sister, Diane - at some point she was wearing a crazy looking coat. And her dress from Photo Exhibition was horrible too. The writers have to really hate her character.

- So as many of you suspected - Philip's Boss, James Williams is also Santos' Chief and the New Big Bad. I'm not surprised at all.

- I give "Descent" 7 out of 10. It wasn't great, but it could have been worse. Did you like this episode? Share your thoughts!
Comments (74)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I just got back to this series last week, after a long break. I just watched "Settling", but this episode is still sticking in my head somewhat. I agree the episode was a bit slow. But there were still some positives.

1) The information the pack learned about the mutts, moved the plot along. 2) The scene at the gallery, when Elena was face to face with Victor was intense. I actually like Philip a little more now. He showed some intensity, where as before he was just there.

I don't mind setup episodes like this. It was far from, what i consider filler. It moved the plot along, and help setup some confrontations. I also scored it a 7.
Flag
The good news is the last two episodes of season 1 are very intense. And Elena finally becomes awesome.

As for Philip - he will have his best scene in the finale :)
Flag
A weird feeling as I saw that ring? Crap that was a red herring at about the halfway point of the book (because its Malcolm right? Behind all this?).

Well don't worry about Logan and the baby and Jeremy. I have to think they push a point from book two to the forefront...Jeremy wants to hand the alpha reigns over to Elena. And that is actually why she is the focus because sheis Jeremy's favorite and chosen heir. I actually think Rachel loses this baby though...

Flag
Can those that have read the book(s) please stop telling us what happens in the book.
Flag
I suspected Elena might become a new alpha - since she's probably the only one who could do the job.

I hope you're wrong about the baby though.
Flag
hey, I like that idea about a NEW alpha... not just to take Jeremy's place, but instead to form a new pack with new rules could be awesome. With all the love I have for Jeremy, I want all those stupid rules to change. However, I don't see any signs of this in the story right now :(
Flag
It is really out of the blue in the books too when Jeremy tells Elena and the transition is easy enough, because even in the show, they do look to her when Jeremy is not there to make a decision.
Flag
oh, ok, well at least we know that is headed in the right direction...
Flag
You know a lot can happen in 3 episodes. We'll just have to wait and see.
Flag
I only remember two werewolf kids but then I also thought Logan got killed and one of those children was named after him but wasn't his.
Flag
There are two eventual werewolf kids but they don't happen in book 2--they're later in the series. And yes--one is named after Logan. We never actually meet Logan in book one. He talks to Elena on the phone, and then she and Clay find his dead body. The alpha transition happens later in the series as well. (Not to be annoying but I have a freakish memory for series details in novels.)
Flag
I try to be as vague as a I can about book stuff just in case (though I couldn't resist the Malcolm of it all) people are really committed to spoiler free knowledge, but at this point judging by the reviews and initial comments (I don't watch the show until like Wednesday, if not the weekend) no one really cares anymore but the things people are concerned about are things in later books. The only thing that bothers me so far is the same thing in the book as to the why in the history of everything that Elena is the only woman who could survive the change, and less that what that had to do with Elena and what is it about other women. It never really seemed to be addressed (when I always thought a good ret con could have been that Eve or whoever cursed the werewolves, well, for shits and giggles).
Flag
This show is insulting on so many levels. Insulting to writers. Insulting to actors. Insulting to viewers. But mostly, insulting to women. Seriously, could it be more misogynist?

But, first things first. A big HIGH FIVE to Philip. Hopefully he'll let me buy him a drink before he heads over to Miss Sweden's because dumping Elena is the best thing he could do in life and deserves celebration. She treated like crap, emotionally closed off, the biggest liar he's ever likely to meet, a manipulator, leaves town without notice, ignores him and cheats. But, on top of ruining him socially, she's going to be the cause of some business problems. Worst. Girlfriend. Ever. Speaking of worst ever...

I find this story arc of Victor stalking Elena to be in poor taste. While I appreciate that it's part of the book, the show is so superficial impossible to take seriously, that this seems out of place. This was confirmed with Santos saying, "Of course she didn't love you, she testified against you.". Really? I know you're a villain Santos, but really? Her testifying is proof that she never loved him? Not because he's a child molester who kidnapped and raped her when she was far too young to have the slightest appreciation of love? Nah, that can't be it. Ridiculous. The recently concluded True Detective had an arc involving child molestation that was truly disturbing and creepy. This just seems exploitative and all kinds of wrong.

Other things wrong, Jeremy. On top of being a terrible alpha incapable of protecting his pack and not being very bright, he's easily the second biggest dick on the show. Knowing their history, why send Clay with Elena to Toronto? Logan's there. Any reason he could be her backup?

And last but not least, the newest contender for The Biggest Douchebag on TV Award, the...LMAO...professor of anthropology, Clay. Thankfully, Elena called him out on his, "You're always safe with me" delusion. But, it only got worse from there. "I promise I am done hurting you. We go to Toronto and I won't do anything to undermine your life there.". Early into the episide I knew it was going to be a head shaker. So, what does Clay do to show he's not going to undermind the life of the woman he claims to love?

- Throws the fact that she cheated on Philip in her face at first opportunity
- First thing he does after being asked not to touch anything...touches stuff. What is he, 12?
- Demonstrates that he fits on the couch just fine so he need not go to a hotel
- Oh, and my favourite...turkey bacon insults

What a tool. At this point, I'm not sure which is worse, Clay as a character or Greyston Holt's portrayl. Perhaps both, because by all counts, Clay's supposed to be a bit of a tick and Holt can't act his way out of a wet paper bag. His interpretation of Elena's photo was laughably bad.

There is however an upside to this absurd show. It re-enforces just how good some other series are. It also provies an outlet for my "love to hate" cause it's bad...REALLY bad. It's not quite Under the Dome bad, but it's definitely The Following and Revolution bad...and that kind of bad is always just a little fun :)
More+
Flag
Well, first of all that ridiculous rule of women cannot know about werewolves and they have to die if they know, that needs to go. A mother is not going to give up her children's safetey, I'm pretty sure they can know! And if she is not responsible enough, they will have time to take measures. What? So werewolves survival depends on women not knowing? That is all crap. Not buying it. Either that, or please werewolves go to extinction because you suck. You decide. Evolution is needed here. Show us the drama of it all, but please DO evolve!

Second, Philip might have been done boring by the writers, but he talks. He's a normal, decent fellow. And he most certainly doesn't deserve any of this. Cannot feel sorry for Elena and not feel sorry for Philip too. Why is she a victim and he isn't? And truly, Elena cannot help being a werewolf, but cheating on Philip, that was entirely in her hands. Conclusion: I have no idea what the show wants to do with Elena here.

I am not against Clay. The folk doesn't talk and spend scene after scene with his arms crossed, showing muscle. Still, I am not going to say anything bad about him because I think he is good were it is. However, he is NOT the second most important character of this show, as the credit seem to indicaste- He's just not. Even Nick is more important than he is.
More+
Flag
I often wonder how many women are in the writing and production teams and weather any of them ever stop and say, "Hey, wait a minute...". Women are too weak to be wolves, rape, co-dependent relationships and of course all male children need be taken away from their mothers because they're women and obviously can't be trusted, even under threat of death.

Ya, I find the hate towards Philip a little silly. As an individual/character, sure, he might not be for everybody...but look at his competition. How anybody could possibly suggest Clay is the better choice, I'll never know. But, when it comes to relationships, Elena's every bit the piece of trash, so maybe they belong together. And who knows, maybe she could cure him of being a psychopath. ;)
Flag
My understanding is that the story in the book was worse in terms of discriminating women. Since the main character is a female, it would make her a heroine trying to overcome all that testosterone law. I think the tv show will go further in terms of making the female character become the leader or something. But having said this, I do hope they are going to start soon, because if I don't see clear signs, despite the things I like from the show, I will stop watching.

I specially hope that Elena's role in life is NOT to save Clay from being a murderer (not spychopath... his enemies call him that, but he isn't a psycopath, obviously. Empathy and love being the key).

Flag
I know it may seem like the story paints women in an inferior light....but honestly I never once felt that way when reading the series(I say series, not just book ). Bitten was written as a one-shot book. When the publisher asked for more books Kelley changed werewolf gears and expanded the concept into a themed series called Women of the Otherworld. Supernatural women became the focus of the series with alternating protagonists telling the story in first person narrative. Besides Elena(werewolf) there is also a ghost, witch, necromancer and half demon. All the super macho manly stuff that this TV series focuses on is not really there after the first book Bitten.
If this TV series is renewed(which I highly doubt), it would be a smarter bet for them to expand the world like the books did. But as far as I know, the producers were only interested in the werewolf storyline.
Flag
I'm going to reply to myself....because I seriously haven't figured out how threads work at TV.COM. Why does the reply button sometimes disappear when a thread gets too long? Inquiring minds want to know!
Anyway...I just want to say I agree with ElisaDiaz. The series seems to move at the speed of a soap opera...which isn't good if you are trying to get renewed. They need to stop beating around the bush and put Elena in the drivers seat of this series. She is supposed to be the character that drives this show and we're not really seeing it.
Flag
that sounds a lot more interesting! It might be that the tv show is headed that way (that was what I thought originally), but if it is the case, it is going really slow and, although they are verbally giving Elena some importance, I don't see that she matters that much yet,. So far, this only looks like a girl between two boyfriends and a lot of very ancient traditions that don't do us any good. Don't you also gather this from the tv show?
Flag
I expect the werewolfs will either evolve or the show will be cancelled after season 1 (I wouldn't bet my money on the first option, sorry - at least not under current management)

What do you mean by "even Nick"?! As far as I'm concerned Nick IS the most important character of Bitten :)
Flag
I noticed in the opening credits that it goes 1. Elena 2. Clay 3. Jeremy 4. Nick - You tell me what that means!
Flag
Lies! All Lies! :P
Flag
I give this episode 10 out of 10! :) I love this show already! I hope Elena is pregnant with Clay's child, especially a girl!
Flag
Now here is a question if Elena gets knocked up by Clay does she have a werekid no matter what the sex of the baby? I mean let's say for some odd reason they write the heredity of the gene is from father to son-- so does that mean it is based on the sex of the were person? So Since Elena is the only werewoman on the planet does that mean if she had a daughter it would be a werekid too? Or are they sticking with the male only gene thing? In which case if she has a little Clay-let it would be a were-son?
Flag
That would be what I think. Or at least more likely, or at least for some of the daughters? But that would definitely be what all them wolves be wondering. Maybe it would be born super wolf.
Flag
Another great job Llostris. Favorite part, recognizing how much the writers and costume designers must sit around seeing what horrible thing 'Diane' should be saying/wearing to get the audience to dislike her. She is such a cliché annoying 'best friend' character. That dress at the exhibit - what was she thinking - she is soooo jealous of Elena. Good riddance to Mr. Boring. Could the actor have done anything to make Phillip seem less pathetic than the writers were making him. He was rush landing one of the most beautiful women in Toronto - engagement after 6 mos.? He knew that relationship wasn't lasting. How in the hell did he land Elena in the first place? At least the odd combination of deadly but really boring Clay had to bite her first. Clay is OK when he isn't just heavily pining and being written as the stalkiest stalker of all time. Him playing the 'I wouldn't be going home with you if Jeremy hadn't insisted' line was so weak. (It has nothing to do with him waiting for the other shoe to drop on her so he can be there to pounce when she's vulnerable again -& Goodbye Phillip, Clay to the rescue!) Of all the male characters, Jeremy remains the most interesting because we have no idea who this pack leader really is. The creepy Victor story is just uncomfortable and doesn't appear very well put together but it gives Ms. Vandervoort some work to do and she really was good in those scenes. I like Rachel and think she could have done a lot better than Logan. What he's doing to her lying every minute of every day and convincing himself that his behavior is 'for her own protection' is just plain cruel and also very male. How is it going to protect her to not understand the threat to her safety? I know he doesn't want her to be thinking about all this at this time but by not telling her, she is defenseless when alone. I guess its taken this much work, a lot of time wasted, to get us to where the only person who seems fit to be the pack leader is Elena. She seems to be the only character on this show opposed to murder. James Williams has been testing her resolve, I don't think he wants her hurt - he wants a leader. Glad Clay didn't kill Santos, his gross affinity for Elena is one of the best weird screwed up relationships on this show - he sent a person who made her a victim to her opening. He has a really weird way of expressing affection.

What happened to bondage wolf-girl? Are we sure that she didn't survive the change? Thinking about this more and more, sure they are way too close in age and I haven't read the books and maybe its just thinking about our writer, Llostris chosen accompanying picture, but how great could Tricia Helfer be as Elena's mom?
More+
Flag
Thanks for reading Whedonrules! :)

Finally, someone who sees Diana's wardrobe as a crime against fashion too. It's so good to know I'm not the only one who notices this heresy :)

Victor's story arc is one of the most uncomfortable things in the current tv. I would love if they just cut it out.

Rachel is a good character. Too bad her only role in Bitten is a human incubator. Such a waste of great actress.

Does James Williams want to be a leader or does he want Elena to be one? (like he's looking for a worthy adversary kind of thing?)

The Bondage Girl is dead. Either the transformation or the Mutts killed her. We have to deal with it :(

If Tricia Helfer or Natasha Henstridge (I love them both) played Elena's mom Bitten would be 100% more appealing to me. Also Katee Sackhoff could play Elena's older sister (and yes BSG is the best tv series ever created by a human being :) )
Flag
BSG went from moderately interesting to total crap in less than 10 episodes in the first season.
Flag
No way. Especially not in first season. In some later season it took a quick desent but I wouldnt venture into "total crap".
Flag
The show went from super realistic, then by episode 3 Starbuck was the Super-Solider (even a sniper) and by episode 10 they stealing the plot of The Return of The Jedi. That in my book was a total waste of time. Oh and they shot Jr. in episode 13!
Flag
Henstridge was so good on 'Secret Circle' and I haven't seen her in anything on television since because I live in US. Either would make this show better.

'BSG' so awesome. Last great show Syfy did on its own. One thing though Ron Moore's & & (the actual creator) Glen Larson's. Katie finally got a good role on 'Longmire' while her bestie Tricia Helfer is also still playing female cops. (Thankfully however, 'Killer Women' has been rightfully put out of our misery.)
Flag
Henstridge has been on some bad TV movies. I agree, she was good in Secret Circle. I still don't get why that was cancelled after only one season. Were the ratings terrible?
Flag
I don't think the ratings were that terrible.

I guess no one really knows why TSC was cancelled. The show had a really good fan base.
Flag
I just hope they will find a place for Tricia Helfer in Longmire. That way the two real life besties could work together again :)
Flag
I think Katie is working on it.
Flag
Why do they need Tricia Helfer on Longmire?
Flag
I bet everyone is thinking after an episode like this the show needs one thing: "Mossad Bi-Sexual Agent: Zohar Krakowski" [just an example name] A killer of human and beasts alike. She of course has a soft-spot for Blonde girls with a history of molestation and violent narcissistic ex-boyfriends. Zohar likes a challenge.

Think about it? Will the forbidden love turn this show on its ear or what? (I think it would... ) Imagine camo, sub-machine guns, leather (Frank Zappa would approve of this and shrink wrap), and unbridled warrior LOVIN'... It would be so much better than an episode about gallery openings. At end old Zohar like preying mantis could sleep with Clay and at the end of it put two in chest and one in the head-- DOUBLE TAP! Trade one killer lover for another! Symmetry isn't a great thing?
Flag
Great review as always Llostris - thank goodness for your sense of humour because I needed it.
But seriously, I think I've had it with this shows awful moral compass.
I didn't think this was a filler episode, I actually liked this episode better then last weeks. I don't know but I really don't find the action or the sex scenes on this show very interesting so I was glad to see an episode where things slowed down and people talked. I'll take uncomfortable emoting and verbal arguments over the fight sequences on Bitten any day. Plus, I really don't give a damn about the murky Wolves vs The Mutts storyline (I still don't see what the deal is?) so I was glad we were back in the city. Bonus ofcourse being that Clay came along to make things very uncomfortable for Elena and her uppity boyfriend and his boring family. Ugh, yeah I'm so glad they broke up! But not because that means that Clay can now keep forcing himself on Elena. I'm glad Philip is out of the picture because he was boring and because in the long run, there was no way these Wolves weren't going to kill him.
There are two things that really bother me about this show.
1. Its so sexist, it's sickening. The whole "you have to take the baby away from its mother because she isn't fit to raise a boy because: WAREWOLF" is absolutely disgusting. I really don't understand how the show is getting away with the sexism that occupies ever single scene. It's not just the baby thing but also the whole "women aren't strong enough to handle the transition". And Elena was!? But she's the weakest female character on the show! The constant damsel-in-distress who can't tell a bunch of supposed macho men - who btw constantly hug eachother and talk about their feelings to - eff the heck off! Seriously how can these dudes be so chill with eachother and so touchy-feely and open about their bro-motions and yet they can't wait to commit murder at the first opportunity and can't understand that these 10000 year old "pack rules" are ludoucris! We used to burn women who had moles at the stake because we thought they were witches but we don't do that anymore because we live in 2014! When were these books written? In 1678?
I really hoped that Elena would be this strong, independent woman but after tonight's episode and the way she reacted to the break-up & her childhood molester was just too much on top of how weak we've already seen her be every episode. Laura Vandervoorts constant constipated facial expressions are really starting to bug me! It's like you're a grown woman and FREAKING WEREWOLF Lady, get a fucking grip and straighten these dudes out. If you don't want Clay to accompany you to Vancouver then don't let him! Simple!

How a show managed to make an abuse victim so unsympathetic to me, I really don't understand. If I had seen this episode before I knew what a typical damsel they wrote Elena to be, maybe I wouldn't be this pissed off but enough is enough Bitten.
2. Oh and Clays obsession with her is so unappealing in every way, I can't. Plus, this guy kills people for sport, apparently. He's a disgusting human being. Too bad, I actually like the actor, I think he's doing an ok job but man who would want to play this character. "Darling. I'm real proud of you. Darling. I'm always going to be by your side (even if that means causing you emotional and physical distress) Darling." *shudder*
Yeah, this show is very screwed up with its morals.
These things wouldn't bother me so much if the show didn't want me to take its themes so seriously. So, yeah I know my comment is a bit full on and a bit serious but shows that spread this kind of message about men and women should not be taken lightly.
Or maybe I'm just pre-menstrual and a weak woman who can't sort out her emotions. Yeah, I need a Clay in my life! Darling. Lol
Sorry Llostris, nothing personal. I love your reviews but I just had to vent to someone. Like I said, maybe it's PMS.
More+
Flag
Thanks Mirela :)

I fear we may see Philip again next week. Also I think the less Bitten's characters talk - the better.

I totally agree with your "vent". I really can't believe the source material was written by a woman. Digital_dice wrote once that in the beginning of the 90s things were different in the supernatural genre. Maybe she was right. I doubt Bitten would become a hit series in 21 century.

Also PMS can be a real pain in the bum. Sometimes world is cruel and unfair.
Flag
I've liked the episodes and most of the prog is similar to the books that it based on.... however just lie all progs that are based on books they start like the books do and go completely off track...... bitten is no different but it hasn't completely went of track just a few bits for example in book victor olsen was a mutt but he had no connection to elena from childhood, elena and philip do break up but that after he beaten by the mutts when they kidnap clay from her apartment, and also in book it was peter and logan that died not peter and antonio....but still good program... books good to what better is started to read them after episode 1 so can picture what characters like when read the books...
Flag
I'm glad the break up happened it needed to happen just like this. I enjoyed clay this episode which was good, I always love nick so he's never an issue. Now I'm kind of glad they made Elena very vaunrable in that scene in the art gallery with victor, I hate that evil man he is discusting and I hope Elena rips him to pieces.
Flag
So, the biggest problem with this show is why everyone in the pack doesn't have a license to carry a concealed weapon.

If they had guns, the mutts would have been wiped out by now. Elena wouldn't have been almost killed by that serial killer.

And their security blows.

Danvers could have simply hired some people to watch over Elena, they would have seen Santos, and Santos would have been shot in the head.

If Clay had a gun, Santos would have been shot in the head.
Flag
The series would be more convincing if the pack was more numerous. It just doesn't make sense or believable that they can get away from annihilation at this point and under these circumstances.
Flag
I agree on this. I said the same in Teen Wolf, but at least in that show there is a number of heroes around the wolves "pack". Here, there were quite a few when it started, but now we are two down and Logan almost not showing, and that clearly proofs that this pack is of ridiculous size. One should expect something like 50 fellows at least, right? Even if we don't know them all?
Flag
From what I gathered is that they have allies and are trying to contact them, but still none seem to run to the rescue. Also, the castle isolates them and makes them an easy target no matter the protections. They can be very easily besieged and as the murders on their grounds show, they are not even numerous enough to control that perimeter. Although "realistic", it also takes them too long to change and this matter of disposing of their clothing is another issue.
I think a pack of twenty at least should e the norm with more than one enforcer.
Flag
I agree this episode was filler. But seeing Phillip exit this story and Santos' face smashed into a steering wheel was worth it.
I don't get the point of Santos sending in Victor either. So he publicly rattled Elena...big deal. There better be a grander plan coming or that whole gallery scene was pointless drama.
Flag
why are we so certain that philip is exiting the story? Just asking, I naturally would not expect that story to be ended, but you do... is it because of the books?
Flag
maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part :)
Flag
well you have read the stories, maybe you have some insight :) I just don't see why they spent so much time on him investigating if he's gone already. What a waste of time, then.
Flag
Philip is like a bad penny. He'll be back for at least one episode. Internet says so :(
Flag
I thought so... he has spent so many valuable minutes investigating the wolves video to just disappear now.
Flag
Joe needs to get some acting skills ASAP!
After being captive for days they bring him a glass of water!?
Elena said to Clay "Don't touch anything" Like isn't gonna touch everything and leave his scent.
In earlier episodes someone said it's stupid the idea of make weres out of serial killers; instead of marines for example;or at least someone who follows orders he/she is absolutely right. Santos is lost.
How funny was it that when Clay and Phillip were talking about Elena's work.( Clay is the thinker and Phillip shallow?)Really? To me they were dumb and dumber .
Flag
It seems every female character of shows I watch always say, "last night was a mistake," and the guy goes, "it wasn't a mistake for me." It always looks like the guys know what they want, and the women either don't, or are playing difficult to get. They are always terribly conflicted. For once I'd like to hear them say, "Yes, I wanted and I want it again."

Elena's family is so unusual, no matter the amount of explaining things will always sound suspicious. And in this case, they are more than that. I was just wondering. doesn't Elena have any real family? Lazily written fictional characters usually don't, as it avoids complications with more secondary characters.

I loved Clay's description of Elena's art work, something like (paraphrasing), "I see the wild side of human nature ready to get out, something which humans so desperately try to hide but ultimately find themselves unable to..." And I thought he was going to complete with "as two warm bodies eagerly share a carnal conjunction is desperate intimacy which brings up their most private desires in a communion of body and soul because nature dictates that they, and only they, should be together, and..." And Philip having to listen to that...
More+
Flag
I have like 10 of these dvr'd. Is it worth doing a marathon or should I be considering killing some byte space for other things?
Flag
I personally like it quite a bit and look forward to it each week. I wouldn't say it is a great show, but there is something mesmerizing about it, whether it be the slow pace, the coloring, the music... Maybe just the simple fact that it is a supernatural (in particular the werewolf/vampire sub-genre) show that is neither teen nor full on sex fest.
(Be warned it is clearly Canadian, so you start at that level.)

Furthermore, I don't think SciFi shows are available on hulu or ondemand so you have that to consider too. Plus you are 3 eps short of a full season.
Flag
Maybe watch it just so you can see the sick twisted logic the show operates on. It's really more morally screwed up then any CW teenage show. This show makes women look like weak-willed victims and it makes the men look even worse, aggressors & murderers with "feels".
Yeah it's so twisted it might just be worth the watch as an experiment of how much moral corruptness and badly written everything you can handle. But if you're shallow, there's some good looking people involved in a few ok sex scenes. Just don't expect anything remotely intelligent out of Bitten.
Flag
That's a tough call. I keep all my shows on external hard drives and sometimes I don't get around to watching them for months-year. I hesitate to say "delete them" because you never know if you might be in the mood to do that marathon...and once those episodes are gone it could be very difficult to find them again. You can try a half marathon....maybe 4 or 5 episodes to see if this show is your taste and decide whether to purge from there. Be warned though, Bitten is on the cheap side and the writing very uneven.
Flag
Ok, so I watched them all over two nights. The writing is all over the shop at times. There's far more male bottom on display than I'd like - I always said pc tv has been sneaked in by heterosexual women and gay men! Elena (really, no other name possible?) is a tad annoying for continually blaming Clay for everything but bad weather. It was Jeremy's fault he even bit Elena, if you pay attention to the scene, in the first place and it's under his orders that all the harsh behaviour goes on. Her b/f is a bit of a cock, as is the shrink werewolf for not helping out. I didn't really get/believe how easily Antonio and Jeremy got beaten but there you go.
Someone should've told Nic and Antonio to stop being so touchy feely as it just looks plain wrong. Or, told Nic that he's clearly gay and to stop leading women on.
Shame about mad eyes wannabe werewolf chick. It could've been good to have another werebitch. By the look on the Sheriff's face, they should try and change her out of all the other females in it, as she looks well up for eating half the dudes on the show! And her b/f's nads. May they rest in piece. It's pretty inconsistent how one minute Elena is picking men/things up like paper and crushing bones etc. and the next she struggles to lift someone in need and such. Is she majorly strong or not FFS?
More +
Flag
The whole thing is bad altogether to an exceptional degree, some of them you point out. the battle scenes are atrocious, I mean werewolves know not martial arts at all ( same thing in TW, by the way). I own some Avengers DVDs which I love to watch every now and then and this is exactly the same battle scenes except that the latter were done in the 60s. The premise and sub-plots are lousy and inconsistent,if not altogether far-fetched.
One of the fundamentals of werewolf lore is that they go savage and gory when they turn, but here the werewolves can actually be conscious of their acts. So they actually know they cannibals, WTF?? At least Hannibal Lecter cooks them first.
From the circumstances and look of things, the Sheriff is indeed going to be turned, but worse is that I'll bet you almost anything that Philip will show up at the Castle and be turned as well,
At the end of the day, the problems of the series and I would guess , the books, as well, is that they are bourgeois in the worst sense of the word. And this is something that cannot be cured.
More +
Flag
Now there's something to get torn over, Diana Rig or Joanna Lumley in those lovely outfits in spy capers?!
Flag
Well, the prices for external drives are getting lower and lower, so really, I am sure you can keep everything and later watch them when you're sick or in the mood or whatever reason.
Flag
I have liked the show so far. But, I am just "INTO" it. If you get my meaning. I want to love this show...but something about it keeps me on the edge.

Phillip has been an idiot this whole time, and lets me honest, he never stood a chance to be her boyfriend.

Clay has, from day one, come off as a stalker.
Flag
But, Darling. Clay will protect you to the ends of the earth. Because NO means YES PLEASE to Clay.
No seriously I agree, he is the worst stalker and torture-murderer of all the teen shows & movies combined. I thought Edward Cullen was creepy but he comes of as sweet & romantic compared to Clay.
Flag
Pretty much. By contrast, Clay and Elena make Edward and Belle look like they have the healthiest relationship EVER!
Flag
Clay doesn't know how to smile, make a joke, or even give a flirtatious laugh. I just wonder what direction the director or writer of the show is giving the actor when it comes to this character.
Flag
I'm gonna hang that on the casting director. Prior to this, Greyston Holt's big credits were Lost Boys 2 and Slapshot 3. This isn't a dude with some established acting chops. I'm sure things went something like, "He's pretty and visually fits the role. I'm not sure if he can act, but we can work around that because...well...he's pretty"

Add cardboard acting to elementary school level writing and how to direct for dummies type camera work and editing, and you get...da da da daaa...Clay Danvers and his travelling dog and pony show...lol
Flag
I really don't think it's the actor. Plus to me he's not pretty at all, he is barely handsome. I think it's just very bad writing and production. Laura Vandervoort is terrible in it as well.
Flag
Probably something along the lines of: "Ok, in this scene that stick up your ass has doubled in thickness: GO! Action."
Flag
I didn't watch this yet... so Phillip's boss was the one who shot the videotape??
Flag
Follow this Show
Members