We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Bitten Community
Monday 8:00 PM on Syfy
"Finger in a glass"

We begin with Wolfies bidding farewell to their fallen pack member. Everyone is devastated with Peter's death - and no wonder - he was a great guy (I miss him already). Elena is taking his demise especially hard. The wake is interrupted by wolf's howl. The Wolfies quickly come to conclusion that it has to be Peter's killer and try to catch him.

Unfortuantely, when Elena, Jeremy and Clay reach the site - the Mutt is already gone. They only find Peter's jacket. Jeremy decides that the next day they will hunt for the murderer.

In the Morning Elena talks with Logan. She wants to know why Peter was killed. Logan suspects that someone is challenging the pack's rule. Elena thinks she should stay in Stonehaven till they find Peter's murderer. Logan asks her if she talked with Philip - really Logan? Do you have to encourage her? The truth is Elena can't share her grief with Philip - cause he doesn't know she's a werewolf. Their relationship was doomed from the start - the sooner it ends the better for Elena.

Outside Elena joins Jeremy, who is scattering Peter's ashes. We learn that Elena has never bewailed a family member - she lost her parents when she was 5 years old and for a long time she believed they would return to her. Jeremy assures Elena that although the pack can't replace her birth family - they will always be there for her. Elena doesn't like that being a werewolf means living between death and love. She still wants "normal life"- nothing changed in that matter since last week. It turns out Jeremy loves Elena like a daughter he never had and would be heartbroken if she died. Elena demands that they avenge Peter's death. Jeremy tells her she should reject blood lust cause it's not in her nature.

In the town we meet our new Mutt (more about him later).

In the forest Elena takes it out on tree. Clay joins her. He comforts and hugs Elena. She doesn't want to talk about her feelings. Clay says they should go for a run - and starts to undress in front of her. Elena tries to discourage him, saying someone will see them - but it's clear she likes what she sees. And after a moment she starts to undress herself. Seems like grief overcomes her privacy issues.

The two of them run together and then Clay jumps on Elena. Elena looks cute even as a wolf.

Jeremy talks with the Lady Sheriff. The old Mutt is dead - but it's not over for her. She found out that the boy's body was moved - in other words - the crime scene was staged. She asks Jeremy if he has any enemies. Jeremy plays the dumb, innocent painter card. The Lady Sheriff doesn't buy his story. She's smart - someone should change her into a werewolf.

Elena and Clay changed back into humans. They're still naked. Elena is spooning Clay and touching him. He kisses Elena and she returns the kiss! Then Elena realizes it's not a dream and she runs away. Something tells me they had sex off-screen.

At the house Elena walks on Nick and Logan. She's half naked and she's covering her bosom with a blouse. Wouldn't it be easier to just put it on? Anyway Nick and Logan tell Elena that Jeremy wants to see everyone in the Great Room. Elena says she needs to change and goes upstairs. A moment later Clay walks into the house. He's totally naked. I think he might be an exhibitionist. Nick seems happy to see him and asks Clay how was his run. He wants to know if there was any nuzzling (so that's how werewolfs call it these days!) Clay claims nothing happened - but Nick and we know better - right?

And here comes the best line of the episode:

Nick: Hey listen, I don't mind when Elena runs around the house naked, but please put some clothes on!

Nick - I officially love you!

And then something terrible happens - Philip calls Elena - and judging by the look of her face she's not happy about it. They talk about cold beds and Estonian Vodka. Philip wants to come to Stonehaven for funeral but Elena fobs him off. Also Philip heard about Rave Party from last week. It turns out Philip's sister, Diane is getting married soon. Elena promises to come back for it - I guess we will have to see the wedding, right?

Antonio and Jeremy talk in the werewolf classroom about Mutt's infestation. Jeremy has a bit of a blood lust. He blames himself for Peter's death. Antonio says that the whole pack underestimated the threat. And then they hug.

Elena tells Clay that the run was fine, but everything else was a mistake. In other words she feels guilty for kissing Clay.

Jeremy orders Antonio to tie up Peter's loose ends and contact other werwolf packs.

The Lady Sheriff visits The Old Sheriff, Emerson. She asks him about Jeremy and Co. According to the rumors The Danvers are either: Mafia, Devil worshippers or sex cult. No wonder Jeremy wants to keep Elena in Stonehaven - he needs her for sex cult - I'm joking, of course. Anyway Emerson tells The Lady Sheriff about some telephone worker who vanished near Casa del Jeremy. They have never found his body. I guess someone ate the poor guy. The Lady Sheriff tells Emerson about the boy's body. Emerson coaxes her to take a closer look at the Danvers.

Jeremy orders Nick and Logan to wipe clean the old Mutt's house. Logan has other plans - he wants to go to some psychology conference - looser. Jeremy then sends Elena and Clay to the town to gather information and pick up the scent of a new killer. This time he really wants the murder alive.

Thanks to her great sense of smell Elena confirms that the wolf they were chasing a day before and Peter's killer are the same person. In the bar Elena eats an appetizing sandwich. Since she's a werewolf she doesn't need to worry it will go straight into her hips. One of the girls at the nearby table has hots for Clay. The other suspects his married to Elena. After a while one of the hunters from the last episode walks into the bar. It turns out the poor dog is still missing and now his owner vanished too. The remaining hunter asks Clay about his pal. He claims the dog's owner went to Casa del Jeremy to make things square. Clay says he didn't see the missing hunter. He and Elena are about to leave when the hunter attacks them. Elena blocks his fist with ease. She's clearly much stronger then humans. Then the two of them leave.

Antonio impersonates FBI agent and asks the band guy about Peter. He implies Peter has troubles and is a person of interest for FBI - meaning he won't be coming to work any time soon. A moment later Antonio crashes a smart phone with his bare hands! How strong are werwolfs exactly? Could they for example lift a car?

In Toronto Philip meets up with his sister, Diane - and girl what the hell are you wearing?! Your clothes are screaming: I'm emotionally unstable. Perhaps you should put the wedding off? Better idea - totally forget about it. The last thing Bitten needs is more scenes with Philip and his family. Philip discovers Diane (who is supposed to be Elena's BFF or something) has no idea Elena went for funeral or that she has a family. Also Philip has been sleeping with Elena for 6 months. And then Philip and Diane talk about Elena and her trust issues.

Back in Town (which is called Bear Valley - I'm not sure if I mentioned that) Elena picks up the scent of Peter's killer. She and Clay follow it to City Motor Hotel. Elena suggests they should split - she will search one floor and Clay will check the other. Clay plays the "we're a team" card (and let's be honest so far Elena and Clay are a terrible team) and Elena accuses him of thinking she can't hold her own. Clay replies that he needs her to cover his back - nice save, Clay!

Elena and Clay enters into a lair of Peter's killer. Clay finds a body spray (this IS important!) and Elena pulls out the new Mutt's scrapbook full of trophies from under a matrress. It turns out that Peter's murderer is both a serial killer and a serial rapist. And here plot thickens - Elena realizes that someone is turning psychotic murderers into werewolfs. At that moment our protagonists hear a car coming. They spot Zachary Kane (we talked about him briefly in episode two), the new Mutt and... Karl Marsten!

Karl Marsten is the new BIG BAD! How should we call our new enemies? I propose The evil Trio. Anyway Karl and Co pick up the scent of our protagonists. Elena quickly grabs the scrapbook, sparys a body spray around the Mutt's lair (to cover her and Clay scent) and hide with her ex in the second room.

The evil trio enter the Mutt's lair. Judging by Karl's face expression Elena has to smell deliciously. He calls her scent "intoxicating". Does he have hots for Elena? Elena and Clay escape from the motel.

At the old Mutt's house Nick found prison shoes (It happened off screen) It turns out the Mutts are escaped convicts. According to Jeremy a month earlier 3 men escaped from prison. One of them was the old Mutt (aka Scot Brenden). Surprise - he was a serial rapist and a murder who was serving a life sentence. I think we have a pattern here. Also if I understand correctly there should be one more Mutt somewhere. Jeremy fears that the Mutts will reveal werewolf's existence to humans which would be very bad. The pack can't let that happen. The wolfies have no choice but to kill all the bad guys. The normally pacifist Elena agrees to participate in mass murder along with her pack mates.

In Toronto Daniel Santos (we talked about him in second episode) pays Logan a visit. He came to talk about werewolf situation in Stonehaven. Daniel wants to join the forces with Wolfies. He's willing to look past the fact that Clay killed his brother.

Meanwhile, Elena, Clay, Jeremy and Nick arrive to the motel. Clay is about to enter to the Mutt's lair when Elena notices a trap and warns his ex in last moment (probably saving his life) The shotgun kills the door. Jeremy deduces that all town must have heard the shot and police is probably already on its way. So the Wolfies have to scram.

Suddenly Elena notices Peter's finger in a glass (EwwW!!!) and then she picks it up (Ewww Again!!!) Next she passes it to Jeremy. Seeing it Jeremy licks his lips - Dude seriously that's gross!!

And then we notice an inscription on wall: "I'm coming for my scrapbook bitch" - looks like it's personal now and Elena has just become the Mutt's new target. And since Elena is a badass she says: "Let them try!" (or "Let them dry" - I'm not sure) The end!

I liked "Grief". After last week's terrible episode it was a step in the right direction. We have new villains - and even a new BIG BAD. The plot thickens and I have to say I'm looking forward to next episode. I give "Grief" 7,5 out of 10. What did you think about "Grief"? Did you like it? Share your thoughts!

Ok, time for 4 episode test. So far we had one weak episode (the pilot aka "Summons"), one terrible episode ("Tresspass") and two good episodes ("Prodigal" and "Grief") My suggestion is - give Bitten a chance and keep watching. Laura Vandervoort is great as Elena and the story is interesting. My only wish is that Peter and all his family die in some horrible massacre (Diana's wedding reception?)

poll

See you next week!

Questions:

What is Daniel Santos' deal? Does he really want to help the Wolfies? Or is he trying to get to Stonehaven so he can avenege his brother's death?

Karl has hots for Elena, right? Does it mean they have history? Is Karl a creepy stalker?

What is it with all this violence against women? Do the Mutts have to be rapists? Can't they be bank robbers?

Are you glad to see Noah Danby? (he's playing Zachary Kane)

Comments (56)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Answers:
Daniel is a creep.

ALL werewolves are hot for Elena, only female of the species...sure turn on.

Not all werewolves ARE rapist just the bad mutts but they are generally rapist/murderers (not necessarily in that order). But even the pack mutts aren't all that great to women. They are the wham bam thank you mam type, and if the poor woman gets prego and it's a male they KIDNAP the kid. Ironically enough Karl Marsten IS a thief and not a rapist/murderer.....not that he hasn't killed if he has to (other werewolves and humans that know too much). Werewolf powers are a great skill set to have if you are a professional thief.

Noah Danby....eh.
Flag
I would love to see this show being renewed! I love it!
Flag
This was a good episode the shows coming into its own I like how I can see the chemerty between clay and Elena it's slowing growing which is sometime better then it looking likes it's been forced from the start, and yes I think they had off screen sex and I'm glad I still don't like Philip I dont know why but there's something about him. Next week should be good id love to see how Elena handles the challenge she received and how the rest of the pack especially clay let her deal with it.
Flag
Llostris I really do not want to be a jerk but your recaps are always the ones I dread reading. The good news is they can be fixed. Your recap/review is neither a recap or review. It is a step by step guide about everything that happened in the episode. A recap would highlight certain aspects of the show that you deem important and a review would be a little bit more of a recap but also encompassing your thoughts and reactions to the material. Just my opinion from one avid tv watcher and writer to another.

As for your end questions:
Daniel Santos is an interesting character. The book and the show differ on his introduction. Going off the book I know exactly what his deal is but I do not want to spoil anything. Since they are deviating his character (and Logan's by the way) I am curios to see which role he will full fill. Is he the big bad of the season hiding in sheep's clothing? Or is he genuinely trying to help the pack? I have not yet decided.

Karl does not have the hots for Elena. She is pretty much, if not the only if you go by the book, the only female werewolf in existence. That makes her desirable for many reasons among the werewolves of the world. Karl has already stated his intention. He wants territory.

Not all of the mutts are rapists. The thing each of them have in common are they are criminals who have honed their hunting and stalking skills while they were human, which led to their incarceration. That is why these mutts in particular were targeted to be turned.

As for the nudity you kept bring up. These are werewolves who change from one form to another being naked. Having free reign over Stonehaven means they can change and go for runs whenever they want. Thus nudity is not a big deal as everyone has seen it many times before. And Nick is not bisexual. His behavior reflects the bond/attachment seen in wild wolves.
More+
Flag
In future I'm planning to focus more on the wolf-plot and less on anything else that happens in Bitten (and by that I mean Philip & Co's stuff) I try to encompass my thoughts now and then - maybe I should do it more bluntly.

As for nudity - it's no big deal for male wolfs - but for the first 3 episodes it was important for Elena to have privacy when she was undressing.

Also the last thing I want to do is to trigger dread in anyone. I'm sorry to hear you feel that way - maybe it will be better not to read my posts then?
Flag
I agree they need to do something with Phillip and quick because he is just dragging everything down. The Elena moments with him, okay I understand that, but him on his own. Well he is useless. I don't know if dread is the right word and I really did not want to offend you because you do put a lot of effort into these recaps. But the majority of what you include I already know having seen the episode so I don't really need a play by play. Unless your recap is targeted towards those who have not seen the episode yet. And you are right, it could be just me. I loved the books, and the show even though it needs to find its footing and target more what it does well, because if it doesn't I'm afraid it could get pulled. I will say I read a lot of recaps and reviews on this site and you are the best for commenting with people.
Flag
No worries, you did not offend me. We're good.

Next week's review will be a bit different - I hope you will like it more.

For me the best part of writing community post is the possibility to discuss the subject with you gals and guys. That's why I always choose "discussion" and not "story" option.

One things that bothers me in Bitten is the fact that without people like you, digital_dice and KateSullivan - aka the ones who read the book - I would be totally confused. The show shouldn't require the book knowledge to make sense. After 4 episodes we know nothing about Elena's motivation. We have no idea why she behaves the way she does - no mention of her abuse. The same goes for werewolf's lore and Elena's origin story.

I'm happy we'll finally find out how Elena became a werwolf - but that's kind of info IMO the writers should have given us in the beginning. Tv is a different medium then a book. What works on the paper doesn't necessary look great on screen. If I were watching Bitten without access to internet I would probably have already given up.
More +
Flag
I am rather disappointed with this show. Its so cringey with a weak script. I went to read the book. Also dissapointed with the characters. Theres so much potential though but I think I will pass...maybe pick it up on rainy days. Clayton is so damn hot.
Flag
I thought Nick was bisexual and likes seeing both men and women naked. Him saying the old boring line (like naked guys are ugly or something) felt odd. If Elena had time to drag her skinny jeans on her, she definitely had time to put the shirt over her head. It would make more sense if she had shirt on her with no pants. CGI wolf run looked so cartoonish

The four episode test: I'd like to stick around for more Clay (naked) scenes but I have a feeling that the character will be killed off and I don't want to be invested in this show only to find him killed. I have a trouble remembering who is who on this show (and I remember everyone from Game of thrones and haven't read either books) except Clay and Elena. I might stick around if nothing better comes along and I have a flu or something though.

I don't get one thing. If werewolves are only supposed to be males, are they all created by bites? The Hannibal fan guy said his granpa was alpha, so I assume he was born into a werewolf family, not bitten. Alpha doesn't like Elena having a human BF but if he had a human GF and had a child with her (who would presumably be a werewolf) that would be fine? What? Really?
More+
Flag
Mazzie-
According to the book lore the majority of werewolves are born. The gene is passed down from the males so there are only male werewolves born. They are taken from their mother when they are born to live with the father. Other werewolves can be created by being bitten although the survival rates of those bitten are very very low. Elena is the only female to have been bitten who survived.
Flag
I don't like this lore. I don't like that kids are taken away from mother and that parents don't raise the kid together. I just don't.
Flag
I thought Nick was bisexual too - perhaps he sees naked Clay so often that it's not any pleasure for him anymore? And I agree - if I were Elena I would put on shirt first and then pants.

Elena and Clay are the two main characters. So no worries - Clay won't die.

I hope the show clarifies how werewolfs are created. I fully support your questions.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Ok, since few of you apparently don't like the recap thing I'm thinking about trying something different next week. So here is my question:

Poll
Flag
{deep exhale}

I'm thinking this might be the beginning of the end of this show for me...there's just zero depth to the characters and the story lines. With the number of high quality shows making their mid season premieres and seemingly a million new shows that look REALLY good, I'm not seeing space in my rotation for a show that I want to be good, but really isn't.

I don't like it when new shows get rushed. Take your time. Build things up. Then let the story flow. Way too many shows have been cancelled too soon because they didn't pander to the attention deprived viewer. But given SyFy's current stable of shows, I don't think 'Bitten' will have to do much to pick up a renewal. Maybe I flip this show over to the summer schedule. It would seem top notch when compared to 'Under the Dome'.

So, Elena's been belly aching for 3 episodes about how she doesn't like the violence that's associated with being a werewolf and explains that to Jeremy...again. But then not 10 seconds later talks of revenge for her fallen friend? Ohhh...she's one of THOSE girls. The hot/cold games with Clay are suddenly making more sense. Perhaps these two dummies deserve each other after all.

For 3 episodes we've directly and indirectly seen about how much Elena hates Clay for something that happened in the past. Yet now, after 4 episodes, I've still got no clue as to what that is. Sure, the violence has been harped on, but given Elena's proclivities, it's gotta be more than that. Why is the foundation of the major relationships in this show being kept a secret? If it's not something groundbreaking, what's the point? If it is something groundbreaking, it'll be a typical cheap TV cheat/ploy and likely call into question Elena's actions up to this point.

Based on what I've been shown thus far, Elena is becoming less of a sympathetic woman, unwillingly dragged into a world of misogyny and struggling to build the life she wants and avoid the one she didn't ask for. Now she's coming off as more of a twit who doesn't know whats.

How do packs work? Who regulates them? How many packs are there? Does Stonehaven have no allies, or is that werewolf taboo? I have no idea how this world works.

'Bitten' has one more episode in my trial run to at least make an attempt at establishing a foundation for the current stories I'm supposed to care about because without it, all I'm just seeing a bunch of superficially developed characters doing a bunch of stuff that, at best, has little motivation behind it...and that ain't gonna cut it for me.
More+
Flag
From what I understand the next episode should give us the answers for at least few of your questions. We'll finally find out how Elena became a werewolf - and perhaps why she and Clay split up. Fingers crossed.

Elena should really stop complaing how she wants to go back to her boring life with Philip - after 4 episodes we know it all too well.

And I agree with you - we need more werewolf's lore.
Flag
After posting, I took a peek for a promo of next week. And boy do I wish I hadn't. In addition to the regular promo, which makes no mention of Elena's origin story being told (1st hint), there's also two short preview clips, one of the moment she gets bitten.

Going strictly by these 80 seconds, I'm going to go with the notion that Jeremy did not instruct Clay to turn and bite her. If that's the case, Clay is even more of a dick than he's let on so far which would make Elena even more of a twit than I believe her to be.

Best case scenario, Clay took it upon himself to turn Elena into a werewolf. No warning given. No permission requested. No advanced discussion. Nada. There's an "surprise anal sex" in there somewhere, but I'm not gonna make it. Worst case scenario, since Clay had absolutely no reason to think that Elena would survive the transformation, this is no better than him shooting or stabbing her in the heart only to have her miraculously defy medical science and survive.

Either way, if this is how the story really played out, then Philip should count himself lucky because he's about to dodge a bullet cause Elena is bat sh*t crazy and deserves whatever life she gets with this sociopath.
More +
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Oh Llostris!
I can definitely tell by your "review" or should I say scene-by-scene recount that your heart's just not in it when it comes to writing about this show...
There's just no snark and you rarely give your opinion on what you thought about this or that. It's a bummer because this show could really use some comedic reviews. I do enjoy the one-liners on the pics though.
OH AND OMG! Was this the first time a werewolf show went there while the characters were in wolf-form? I think so! You didn't mention it in your review. At first I was like, oh that's cute - they're playing! But THEN I'm like oh my god: ------> CGI WEREWOLF SEX! Lol

I don't know why (maybe the super weird/SO WRONG animal sex?) but I'll give this show a couple more episodes. I dunno, the writings pretty terrible but somehow it's fun to watch!?

P.S. Yes Elena is a super-cute wolf! I complained about how her wolf should be blonde/beige in the pilot but I didn't realise it until this episode. It actually is beige - it's even got blue eyes! Now all she needs is a pink collar! #BarbieWolf

More+
Flag
Writing a recap takes a lot of time and to do it I have to practically watch the episode for a second time. So it's possible my sense of humor suffers a bit. Also no matter how much I try I don't find Bitten as funny as Haven.

It's possible that next week I'll write Haven's style review instead - we'll see.

As for first CGI werewolf sex - you're wrong - we've already seen it in Being Human UK ;)
Flag
Please don't take it the wrong way - I still enjoy and appreciate that you're taking the time to review Bitten at all. :)
Oh I did not know there was werewolf-sex in BH: UK. I've only seen the first season of the U.S. version.
Flag
I encourage you to check first 3 seasons (the rest is pretty much garbage) of BH: UK when you get a chance. It's really good. Nina, John and George are fantastic characters. And John is played by Aidan Turner (aka Kili in The Hobbit movies) so he''s just the icing on the cake :)
Flag
[Spoiler] They killed 3 of 4 main characters and added two new ones.

As for the end of Haven's S4 - now that Syfy ordered 26 episodes I'm sure they will straight out Mara's thing. Sooner or later Audrey will return :)
Flag
I might have to give it a go. How come only S1-3. What happened to the others that makes you think they're garbage? Did they pull a Haven in S4 or something? Lol I have hope for Haven now that it's got 26 to sort out the bad though. :)
Flag
Back to back episodes with a "review by numbers" recap of what happened. Though given the quality of the episodes, it's hard to blame anybody for it.
Flag
That's true, it's hard to put the words "Bitten" and "fun" into the same sentence. I wasn't blaming Llostris, just an observation.
Flag
Daniel Santos has got to be evil. Just look at his haircut! That's the typical haircut of a smarmy, intellectual psycho we see quite often in television ;)

So this episode was good...and the series passes my 4 episode test despite its problematic storytelling. I like the low-key nature of Bitten and how it offers some different angles to the mythology. I still maintain the casting could have been better(Clay, Jeremy, Karl Marsten!)...but I guess we'll see how it goes.

I'm glad that Elena is staying put in Stonehaven for the time being as her life there is much more interesting. I hope the next few episodes can explore more of her in her wolf environment and her relationship with the Pack.

Flag
"The two of them run together and then Clay jumps on Elena. Elena looks cute even as a wolf."
When CGI-wolf Clay pinned down CGI-Elena on the ground and they both wolf-smiled to each other I found them so cute. Awwww! I want to take them home. They are like care bears, except that they are CGI care wolves...

"Nick: Hey listen, I don't mind when Elena runs around the house naked, but please put some clothes on!"
I loved the part in which Nick said Clay was making him and Logan feel bad about themselves, and Logan added, "hey, don't project your own insecurities on me." (or something like that)

"The last thing Bitten needs is more scenes with Philip and his family."
Most definitely.

"The Lady Sheriff doesn't buy his story. She's smart - someone should change her into a werewolf."
I don't think she would make it. She's not a supergirl!

"Suddenly Elena notices Peter's finger in a glass (EwwW!!!) and then she picks it up (Ewww Again!!!) Next she passes it to Jeremy. Seeing it Jeremy licks his lips - Dude seriously that's gross!!"
Positively gross. But to his defense it must be a wolf delicacy, the wolf version of licorice for someone with an extreme sweet tooth...

"What is it with all this violence against women? Do the Mutts have to be rapists? Can't they be bank robbers?"
Better yet, embezzlers! Can you imagine, accountants by day and wolf embezzlers by night? That would be awesome!

Nice review! Keep them coming!
More+
Flag
Thanks mad-pac :)

1. Wolf-Elena and wolf-Clay were adorable. I would love to have a plush Elena.

2. Positively gross. But to his defense it must be a wolf delicacy, the wolf version of licorice for someone with an extreme sweet tooth...

Ewww! Even if Jeremy likes to eat fingers - that one belonged to Peter! Does he have no shame?!

3. Better yet, embezzlers! Can you imagine, accountants by day and wolf embezzlers by night? That would be awesome!

And suddenly "Wolf of Wall Street" takes a whole different meaning.
Flag
Even with people talking about the book , I still want to know about this series.It looks different story.(Not in the way usually werewolves are rendered.)
Flag
I keep watching this show in the hope that something that isn’t in the book happens but I get disappointed every time. (and I know some things are in the series that aren’t in the book but it’s nothing major)
Flag
I tried not to be too spoilery and they have already altered the book, but I have read Bitten and most of the follow up books in this series.

Wait til you discover more about Karl Marsden....like that this is only step one.

I totally forgot about Daniel Santos (there is a character like this in the book, I just didn't remember him, but when I saw the previews for next week and he makes a joke about whoever getting serial killers to match Jeremy's in Clay I laughed because that is a line directly from the books). I sat there the whole time with him with Logan being kind of nervous for Logan though....see my first paragraph.

I believe next week's episode will cover all of this in detail since it might be flashback heavy, but Elena is the only bitten female werewolf to survive the change, so she is either resented or sought after and then the other wolves all view her as Clay's mate and they all hate him, well, because he is kind of psycho. But if I am right and remembering correctly...Jeremy's initial instinct is correct and the person behind this is actually after him though it appears they are initially going after Elena.

I really really really can't remember anything about Phillip and I kind of suspect Elena just spends too long away, but I keep wondering are they going to shoe horn him in.
More+
Flag
You can't remember Philip because he was little more than a guest character in the book. I read somewhere that it was Daegan Fryklind (executive producer/co-showrunner) who decided that Philip's character needed to be expanded in the series...which is why see so much of him and his boring life. From what I understand Fryklind is also the one who adapted the first book into this TV series...so many of the glitches we see in the storytelling can probably be attributed to her.
Flag
Yeah, looks like next week we'll finally see Elena's Origin Story :)

And let's be honest so far the flashbacks are the best part of Bitten. I can't wait for the next episode.

From what I understand Karl Marsten is in charge of the villains, Zachary Kane is the muscule, and the rapist guy is the cannon fodder. I really hope Karl will be the nemesis for at least few episodes - I can't wait to find out more about him.

Since Elena is the only female werewolf in the world it seems logical that all the wolfs want nuzzle with her.
Flag
If I remember correctly, Karl is actually a middle man. Some werewolves feel that way about her, but others are threatened by her and others just want to hurt Clay. Clay is actually funny in later books, he like barely speaks anymore and usually only to Elena and spoiler, their kids, but he gets like much funnier.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members