We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Bitten Community
Monday 8:00 PM on Syfy
"The Mutts Strikes Back"

"Settling" was CRAZY episode. Unfortunately, Syfy released just 8 photos this week so my options were very limited. You will have to use your imagination.

"The cleaner"

Is it me or is Logan finally becoming a great character? So he's either a hitman or a big fan of Léon: The Professional (which is one of my favorite movies of all times btw). I'm sure it wasn't the first time Logan used a string on a human / werewolf being. The look on his face when Rachel called him was priceless. Also poor guy got stabbed - I hope he'll be alright. It would be a shame to lose him now.

"The Fight"

Now that was a great action scene. It would be even better if they cut out the freaking techno (was it techno? I'm not an expert). It was really distracting. Also if Victor can use a kitchen knife then what is stopping Clay from doing the same?

"The truth comes out"

I have to say I'm disappointed. I thought Elena would eat Victor (or at very least castrate him). Instead she only bit off two of his fingers. Someone should tell her not to play with food.

This scene was awesome. Philip was so shocked and (probably) disgusted. He completely lost his tongue. When Elena was talking to him his eyes were screaming: get the hell away from me, monster! I guess he's not a fan of werewolfs, right? I really hope this episode concludes Philip's story arc and we won't see him ever again.
I loved Elena's turquoise sun dress. Too bad she didn't put on panties.

"For once I look normal"

Speaking of clothes - I loved Diane's blouse and especially her skirt. For the first time she looked like a sane person.

Other stuff:

- Jeremy invited Lady Sheriff for a coffee and they had a fantastic eye sex. One day they will kiss - mark my words!
- It's Santos who wants Elena as a prize for his service. He clearly has an obsession with her.
I give "Settling" a 7.5 out of 10. It was a good episode. Did you like it? Share your thoughts!
Comments (113)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
The first time we were introduced to Natalie Portman. That was so long ago, she was so young! Who doesn't remember 'Leon: The Professional' with affection? Jean Reno never really got to be a lead again in anything that played in the US again, but he was so good in that film.

Another great episode. Philip sitting on the floor speechless after what he saw was one of the best scenes this show had done. Its all over and she's there in the sun dress looking like Laura Vadervoort. Is he disgusted because he's still turned on?

Jeremy and Lady Sheriff are starting to have a spark simmering. She probably thought this whole time that he was gay - all these boys around the house, most of the time shirtless.

Starting for the first time to like Logan. They've redeemed him. Him and Elena really need one another and their relationship seems the most normal between the wolves. Don't want bad things to happen to Rachel.

Another good one continuing to fix what isn't working. More work to do but this was a very solid episode. Hopefully everyone in Canada and at SyFy figure out to how to bring it back again.
More+
Flag
I agree on the best scene with Philip and the wolf - it was really good! I was very happy with this episode overall.

hahaha I had a good laugh at your comment about the boys around the house shirtless... Good point :)
Flag
Lady Sheriff fancied Jeremy much earlier. Unfortunately, someone was always fobbing her off.
Flag
awesome episode awesome show
Flag
I despair at how the pack lot fail to ever kill a basic and new mutt easily, in fact, they're just looking weak now for all their we're gonna throw them out of this or that spiel. Why on earth would you just choke them to unconsciousness and leave them? Tsk.
At this rate Jeremy will have to turn the Sheriff because that's all that'll be left.
Elena's whisper style talk makes me want to have her spayed. Out of the recent Canadian shows, I'm glad I stuck with the cop one,19-2 as it's got better along the way, whereas this is getting more frustrating.
Flag
I hear your frustration but I am surprised that I hear it after the first great episode in weeks :) Last week I was pulling my own hair in despair too :) I just want this to work so badly!
Flag
Yeah, it's strange this. You get some really good ep's that are well written and then it's like they hand it over to someone with a bad hangover who makes odd things happen and continuity goes out the window. Arival female wolf would've been a good story arc - even one that was a weaker mutt. Still can't believe Clay cut mate's knackers off. Beyond harsh.
Flag
first really good episode of this show.
i don´t get the not killing victor-thing either. not only did he threatened her boyfriend he abused her as a child! and what does she do? take two fingers?!

Flag
The show is making a big deal of Elena not being a killer.
Flag
It was okay though it enters a section I even experienced when reading the books, the Elena can't take a beat section. Anyway, I laughed at Logan telling her she should be Alpha, I said, well hope there is a second season! I've never minded Logan as much as you, basically he has my loyalty from the book even though he died earlier than this (I think Peter took his place) I really liked him and the fact that he was really like Elena's brother. Like no kind of weird Nick flirting or Clay and his intensity (and when are they going to get to the point which they keep wavering on is that Clay is actually the one who broke Elena's heart not Elena just leaving). I am very glad we at least got to step one of identifying the real big bad, you know in seeing him and confirming he already is in Elena's life as Phillip's client (so you know, this isn't the last we saw of him and I almost suspect he is getting the bite from him to lure Elena). We don't have to be told he is also the guy behind the gallery and whatnot right? And spoiler..................that if they are following the book at all here, he is also Malcolm who is Jeremy's father who he beat for Alpha a couple months ago and this focus on Elena was a red herring (and they got their real first prize in getting Clay) to distract from the real goal of getting at Jeremy. I mean we have made reference to Malcolm more in the past two episode than in all others. I don't know why he is hiding from Elena, I don't think she would know him in the time line they have set up on the show.
More+
Flag
Well, I am sorry I read after "spoiler" :) But the truth is, I had thought about this possibility. They are mentioning Jeremy's father a lot and it has to have a meaning. However, the whole plot that you mentioned doesn't make a lot of sense... Why would anybody create such a messy plan instead of just attacking up front? No idea LOL.

I also think that Philip has a larger meaning that @Llostris would like to, obviously, since so many things are turning around him and he's been on screen a lot. If he is bitten, we will get to see the whole adjusting process, which has not been shown to us yet (or not much). I was fearing more that he would be killed to make Elena's reaction to these enemies even stronger and lead the way to changes in the pack.
Flag
Oh yes I agree it makes no real sense. I kind of wasn't super interested in the bad guy plots in the book either. Elena is actually a really cool character and the book is her pov. And honestly its only a half spoiler...I'm not even sure if Malcolm was the bad guy of this book or the second one.
Flag
For me this was the best episode in a very long time... and the first sights of werewolf evolution, finally! Very different from last week, were I could not see this going anywhere.

I totally disagree on Philip, nothing new here :) I think the scene where she becomes a wolf and back to person in front of him is one of the best things that has happened in this show so far. And he was awesome. I had my doubts if he was just a pretty face, but he did a good job here. You say he was disgusted, but it wasn't that what I saw. Speechless yes! Which I would have been too! She kissed him and he sort of kissed back, remember? I am sort of relieved to see that it was not my mind playing tricks with me, this show actually wanted to proof that Elena LOVES Philip, and not like in the books. And honestly, I would be surprised if this was the last of him that we are seeing. He knows now about werewolves, how could he disappear? Unless of course they kill him next week :)

No need to say that the sheriff will have to speak to me first before any kissing can take place. But I pretty much approve of her, so I think I will grant permission.

This was plenty of good stuff! Not sure yet if it will overcome all the prior bad stuff, but I'm so happy that this episode happened at least :)
More+
Flag
I think Philip returned Elena's kiss cause he was scared. It's like: "I have to kiss this monster back or she will eat me". That's how I see that scene. There was pure terror in his eyes.

I just want to see episode in which you and Lady Sheriff will fight for Jeremy's heart and mind. It will be EPIC :)
Flag
He was totally scared and could not believe what he was seeing, but I didn't get that "disgusted" feeling that you got, though. Cannot believe how little you guys like Philip :)

Haha, yes, it will be epic, and at the end Jeremy will pass on both of us :o) There is still no evidence that he is actually interested in the sheriff, but more like playing the sexy card to control the police... will have to see!
Flag
I think this was the best episode so far. And the fight sequences was the best I've scene on tv for awhile. I actually liked the techno. I like how we had the switch back between the two fights- the silent slow garoting of Logan's versus Clay's high energy messy fighting. I liked how the fight was more realistic , and hits and grappling looked real with the way they connected and were off center.

And yes Logan really showed his value this episode. Not only do I respect him for doing right by Rachel but how collected he was taking out the rivals. However, the fact he didn't kill them bodes sloppy, more dangerous for Rachel and I guess we get to see them in later eps. But then again Clay didn't kill them off either , but he has the excuse of being drugged.

To bad the mutts team decided to only invite violent criminals to their team. They probably could have totally got Logan to join them if they allowed him maternal rights.

You'd think some pack or mutts group out there would have have tried to gain supporters by allowing maternal raising. And if the wolves don't change until they are like 16, what is the harm? At the very well wait til the baby is fully nursed for full strength. The only reasoning I see is so that the members don't form outside bonds , and thus multiple loyalties and that the kids get brainwashed from the beginning. Otherwise wouldn't it have made more sense to run off with them later? And now with the technology of today and Amber alerts, it behooves them to work out a new strattegy.
More+
Flag
Yes, I think you are right, they take them away from their mothers very soon so that it is easier for them to grow in the pack from the beginning. I think it is awful, so I do cross fingers for that to change soon. I prefer to see the drama of the struggle of the women trying to fit into all this than taking babies away from their mothers or killing people that know about werewolves.

I think Logan didn't kill the guys but did a great job either way. Not killing them it is most likely due to the need of the show to still have bad guys next week :o) But Logan still had this opportunity to proof himself, which was long overdue.
Flag
I agree with everything you wrote (except the techno part).

Logan would be invaluable addition to Team Mutts.

Let's hope the werewolfs rules concerning women and kids will change once Elena becomes the new alpha - I think at this point we have no doubt it will happen.
Flag
I would think if she is supposedly the lone female, that she'd be able to get the males to kowtow to her in hopes to mate with her and produce likely superior offspring. Though..that's before the jealousies set in and they keep battling for that position.

Alas, many a werewolf story don't properly work the wolf pack mentality, where at the top its the alpha male and alpha female who have the sole reproductive abilities and the rest of the pack work for them.
Flag
This is actually not accurate. This is a HUGE misconception of pack behavior based on the early work of wolf researcher David Mech. He has actually written many articles to say that his early work which popularized the alpha male and female is basically all wrong. It was based on captive wolves that don't display natural behaviors.

In reality the alpha male and alpha female are just the mother and father. When the children grow up, they leave the pack and become father and mothers ('alphas') and the process starts a new. You shouldn't refer to the mother and father wolf as alphas anymore than you refer to a human families parents as alpha male and alpha female (you might do this colloquially). All the stuff about the alpha male eating first, leading first etc, is also all bogus. None of that is true.

David Mech has actually tried to get the company who printed his first book that keeps propagating myths about alpha male and females, but people love the idea and the company keeps printing the book even though the concepts are completely wrong.

Frankly all fiction about werewolves that uses the alpha descriptor are basically all wrong and all propagate the same untrue myths. I wish just once an author would actually be current on wolf behavior and pack structure.

Long rant, just annoyed that authors won't do the smallest amount of research and they keep pushing this alpha wolf myth.
More +
Flag
I wasn't saying wolves compete, but was referring to other animals there. However the breeding-pair, should you not want me to say alpha, would attack another pair in the pack should they try and mate.

As for the shrivling testicles maybe that is only with those battling males such as bears. Its like they loose their will to live once they had that taste for the top and thus loose their hair, weight and reproductive proess quite quickly.
Flag
The males that are not alpha testicles don't shrivel up. The males that are not alphas are younger wolves. When they mature they leave the pack and start their own.

The idea that alpha compete for leadership is the part that is that is the largest myth. This basically doesn't happen in normal wolf packs (or is an incredibly rare occurence, David Mech never saw it in decades of watching normal wolf packs).

Wolf packs are more similar to modern families. The kids grow up and start their own packs whose pups stay with them until they become mature and then start their own families.

Flag
i'm just saying mainly about reproductive rights since that's only the the part i know more about. the pack who aren't the alpha-their testicles shrivel up. it happens to many animal males-like bears who get defeated in a battle.
I think the other thing I know is that wolves have strong siblnig loyalty.
Flag
Well, mostly I am just so annoyed with the entire werewolf "alpha" trope.

It seems to be a terrible and cliche way to set up plot and character development, particularly as it no way maps back to actual wolf behavior.

I notice they keep certain "alpha" pack myth behaviors but not others like mounting as a show of dominance. That would be more entertaining to see Clay mount Phillip and Nik
Flag
Whoa... you want this story to make sense... That is as misguided as my desire to see a bi-sexual former mossad agent (perhaps played by Lexi Bloom) enter the picture and cut to ribbons the pack with a MP5SD!
Flag
Though I still think "Vengeance" was so far the best episode of Bitten.
Flag
that was the one with the abandoned factory right?
If so my problem wit hat ep is that serial killer dude should have totally been able to here her heavy breathing. Also the fact that homeless woman just happens to be wearing an outfit very similiar to Elena's. Maybe if it was the 80's where jean jackets were all the rage.
Flag
I actually enjoyed this episode. Sometimes shows work best when there's a bunch of crazy insane things going on (think Sleepy Hollow, Grimm or Helix). The acting and dialogue in Bitten is pretty weak, so I prefer when they have episodes like this where a scene doesn't linger too long on serious conversation.
I guess the Mutts don't really know how to fight. Both Victor & LeBlanc seem to rely on knives instead of skill.
Flag
You are probably right in terms of "serious conversations" LOL - Can't remember any of them, though... did you have a particular conversation in mind?
Flag
I think this would have been better:

Also they could have just waited until they leave the apartment and do something like this:

But, you do realize that hand-to-hand combat usually does include knives. The problem with this show is that it is cartoon bad. They need to get some help when it comes to creating the fight scenes.

Flag
I agree - the less characters of Bitten talk the better.

From what we've seen so far the knives are way more effective then Wolfies martial arts training.
Flag
Seeing Logan do by himself what Clay, Philip and Elena couldn't (dispatch two would be attackers) further prompts my question from last week as to why Jeremy sent Clay to Toronto at all. Logan can clearly be some pretty solid backup. But nice to see he's the only character that has both a lick of sense AND his priorities established. Pack a bag, grab your woman and G.T.F.O...being a part of this dysfunctional pack has next to zero upside as far as I can tell. Stay in Toronto or move to Jamaica, this whole a mutt can't establish roots is absurd. What the hell is this dumbass pack gonna do about it?

But this episode confirms that stupid is as stupid does and for as deplorable a person as Clay is, Elena and he belong together.

While it was awfully nice of Elena to turn into a wolf to help out...the first question is, why? These guys spend all sorts of time at Stonehaven pracicing their fighting techniques, so wouldn't the amount of time it took Elena to hide, change and come back be better served just jumping into the fight?

Second question: If Elena, as a wolf, could get from the stairwell to the bathroom, couldn't she just as easily gone back out the same way and avoided doing almost exactly what Clay did to her? She's taken it upon herself to doom Philip to death or life as a werewolf without so much as an, "Oh, by the way, how might you feel about...". I suppose though having established that Elena is the absolute WORST girlfriend ever, this shouldn't come as much of a surprise. On top of all the crappy things she's done to him, what harm is there in piling on a life altering detail?

Ugh
_______

"Léon: The Professional (which is one of my favorite movies of all times btw)"

Luc Besson for president of the world :)

"Also if Victor can use a kitchen knife then what is stopping Clay from doing the same?
"

Nothing, but Clay's not very smrt
More+
Flag
I also agree with Logan's decisions, but it is not as easy as it looks. He knows that a werewolf has little chances to make it without the pack, and he wants also his son to survive, so he had to think of it a lot. At the end, this is leading to changes that need to happen. It is an important piece of the story.
Flag
Which I think might be another major failing of the show. I'm really not seeing the down side, or at least the threat, of being a mutt. There's that map in Jeremy's basement that outlines pack territories and tales of Clay's sadistic nature when it came to hunting them...but there's been virtually zero evidence that as a mutt, the pack is any kind of threat or that you couldn't live any kind of life you wanted.
Flag
that is one of the main points missing, in my opinion - only reason we know it is because we are being told every episode and because we have seen other werewolves stories...
Flag
The news they leave behind?
Flag
I haven't followed that level of detail, but don¡t they know about them because of the news they leave behind?
Flag
Yup...lots of tell, very little show.

If I could remember the episode, I'd grab a screen cap of the map. But from what I recall, I don't think there were much more than a dozen territories in North America. If Stonehaven is representative of most other packs, then I find it impossible to believe that a Mutt who wants to settle down in one location couldn't do so with impunity.

At their peak, they had 7 members, 5 of which lived in other cities/countries/continents. If Stonehaven is somewhere near Rochester, NY with only 2 residents, are they really going to know about a Mutt living any of the dozens of small towns in upstate New York or Ontario?
Flag
i thought Elena turned because she was so emotional she couldn't control it. But yes biting off only two fingers is pretty useless. Maybe she didn't want to freak out Phillip more?
Flag
Because she just had to tell Phil that hey I'm not a bad person-- I just happen to be a werewolf.
Flag
Yeah. But if I was Philip, I'd wonder why the hell she didn't kill him after knowing that Victor was a werewolf, molested her, and just was stabbing Philip.
What's the point of dating a werewolf if they can't properly defend the home?
Flag
[cant directly reply to TatraFan]
Yeah I know! Things are so supposedly regulated about stealing children and raising them. But if they really were, I'd think they would have to always note who they slept with and keep tabs on them, in case a baby comes from their union.
And I think since they often kill the mothers, I would think that there have been a multitude of times were they have kidnapped females for breeding purposes and disposed of them afterwards.

Flag
What is the point of being a werewolf if the gene or whatever only works with male offspring? That seems to break the first part of the entire idea of the pack staying away from humanity because to reproduce they have to actively engage in sexual activity with human-women to create offspring! The 1970's must of been a really bad decade for the werewolves-- so many parties in Studio 54 and not a condom to be found anywhere-- but a ton of COCAINE! By the end of the 1970's it would seem that werewolves should have tons of illegitimate unknown offspring popping up all over the place! So, I wonder if the writer of this source material even attempted to think out this entire no female werewolves thing at all? Not to mention the consequences of having werewolves breading with human females... Not exactly conducive for a population that wants to go unnoticed in civilization.

It also doesn't make sense to steal your children away from their mothers. What is going to put more red flags than a father stealing his children from their mother? AMBER ALERT! I think the writer of the source material really just didn't care and wanted to write some trashy romance novel with a werewolves!

Because after all isn't Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) dirty Sexy???? So why not cash in on that entire aspect of human nature?
More +
Flag
@marcusj1973 yes, I agree, I thought that whole process, the time taken for the change was a really daft reason to show us the wolf version of Elena.

Unfortunately at a pivotal plot moment, and I thought it was really sloppy writing. I hope that is an exception because this show has potential.
Flag
I hope that is an exception because this show has potential.

Except it's REALLY not the exception...it's more of a rule
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
This is what I was thinking Philip was listening to before he proposed to her.
Dude... That's Dr. Clay to you of anthropology-- proving one thing Clay is better at writing papers than speaking his deep thoughts. I wonder how he orally defended his dissertation? Clay is not exactly effective with his big boy words!

Also his fighting abilities are questionable.

The other problem with this scenario is that even if Philip never witnessed Elena turning into a wolf.... He would have seen Clay kill two people. How could he pretend that he didn't see his girlfriend/fiancee's ex-lover kill two guys. That is a bad thing usually. How do keep Philip from going to Police. The usual method is kidnapping/killing the other method is to involve them and extort him in some manner. I don't really think that Philip can be involved in the plan so that would have left only one option: kidnap and kill Philip. So, basically any way you slice it Philip has to die after this episode. Seeing Elena the wolf-- doesn't really change anything.

Luc Besson is the worst French filmmaker. Goddard is so much better as was Renior.
More +
Flag
There was point where you have to give the show credit for paying attention to the little things.
Elena wedging the door to the stairwell open with her bag, so she could get back after getting all lupine
Flag
She props the door open and then gets into her bedroom from the fire escape how exactly? That big of writing made no sense.
Flag
She didn't come in through the fire escape, she came in through the bathroom where the sliding were already open. The one that Olsen closed as he escaped to stop Elena from following him
Flag
You realize that in most modern apartment buildings going into the fire-escape stairway would not lead you to anywhere but the next floor below right? So, I ask what good is being one floor below or above your apartment unless you have a pocket-repelling kit in your purse. What she needed was a HK MP5SD-- no reason to wake the neighbors... and few small bursting chargers (that might wake the neighbors) it would be like Seal Team 6...
Flag
Not Ideal... Hell, it is a bad idea... She turns into a wolf, not a small wolf but an abnormally large one, then moves through apartment undetected either by sent, sound, or visually (all of which the wolves have super acute versions of in human form) and hides in the bathroom--why? The Bathroom because she knew psychically that the fighting would finally go into the bathroom.
Flag
I agree it's not idea, but the only other people in the apartment were Clay and Santos who were busy kicking seven bells out of each other, so hardly a serious issue.
Flag
Okay-- so you say some how a very large wolf entered into the Kitchen of Apartment and no one noticed this large white wolf roaming around the apartment. That is a serious issue for the continuity of the scenes.

Flag
What's that got to do with anything?
I don't which floor Elena's apartment is supposed but for the sake of argument lets say it's on the 5th floor.
So Elena goes to the 5th floor, looks through the door to her apartment, goes to the stairwell on the 5th floor. She changes into a wolf and goes back out to the 5th floor. Goes through the open apartment door, then the open bathroom door and then through the bedroom door.
It's not complicated, no ropes required
Flag
Don't they have to kill or bite Philip now? I mean it is not like Philip is stupid dog appears-- goes into bathroom and then after that she returns as herself. Unless Philip is slightly stupid in the same vein as Louis Lane I'm pretty sure he will figure out his girlfriend is a werewolf!
Flag
I have also been thinking at why she turned. Maybe it was just for Philip to see. Eventually, I think that Elena has made a decision about things needing to change after having that conversation with Logan. You know, when they decide is time for "evolution" and new rules. So she felt it was time for him to know. However, she's still putting his life at risk by doing this.

And pretty much the reason why I'm sure he's not gone yet :)

Flag
they should make Elena kill him.
Flag
Cheee, you are really bloodthirsty.
Flag
I think most likely she would be given the choice to turn or kill him.
And if she'd turn him, chances are high he'd join another pack or possibly kill himself. Or maybe with his new found power he might just become an ass or just a problem and they'd kill him for the good of the pack.

I really hope that he just doesn't get killed off by the enemy or like promises to keep the existance of werewolves secret. That is the easy, weak writing choice.
Flag
Tatrafan, I think you are going to be more disappointed with this show that most of us... I smell it from here, this show is not about making Elena realize things about werewolves, but to make the werewolves realize things about the world and make a new set of rules. That would be messy, for sure, because otherwise there would be no story to tell.
Flag
Jeremy needs to regain control of the pack! He needs to tell her you kill Philip or the pack kills all of his family. Trust me idea is better-- it will force Elena to realize she is not of the world anymore.
Flag
They need to force her to do it.
Flag
Oh no, they shouldn't. Things need to change. It is pretty obvious that Elena is not going to kill anyone unless she has to. And defenitely not the case with Philip.
Flag
kou_shou_u you are right, it is the easy way out, which is why they are probably going to take it. I don't want Philip to die, but let's say, if he's going to die or disappear from the story, I hope it is in a meaningful way. Like, being the conduct for changes in the pack.
Flag
Personally I really hope Phillip doesn't die yet. I'm sick of that (or turning out to be a scumbag) plot development for the rival suitor in a love triangle. It's the easy way out, that often is not the real life case. Its a way to avoid the hurt feelings of a "good" guy.

And I really don't think Clay would kill him either since he knows that would have him loose Elena for good.
Flag
I think Elena knows that she is strong to the pack, like you say, and that they won't force this on her. But somebody else might just kill him anyways. For revenge or for pack's law. Probably not Clay. We still have to see if this will be what will change the pack's laws. It kind of looks to me that Philip is better for the story if he's dead for a good cause, but maybe they want to tell us a different story here, who knows. He represents what Elena likes in humanity.
Flag
Yeah they cant force it on her Elena is a special case. First, she is the sole female. Second, the Alpha's kid who was her fiance turned her against her will with the likelihood that she was going to die. Third, she stuck by the pack and became one of their strongest.

So given the fact that Elena is not only a hot commodity but also unique, they got to bend for her to keep her. The alpha knows this.

So they give her choices.
Or you know, fake a terrible accident for Philip down the line.
Flag
I believe only Phillip and pedophile guy witnessed her as wolf. Unless Clay heard her whine. So it's at their discretion. And he would definitely report that to Santos so that's another thing to hold over Elena's head. If Clay knows, he is either will give Elena the choice on what to do with him or just bite Phillip himself for Elena.
Flag
The Pedophile guy is a werewolf so person already knows. The problem is Philip. Not to mention she changed into the most useless thing in a fight with humans a wolf in an apartment. Sure in the country side that might be useful but not in an apartment with doors. She should just invest in a GUN!
Flag
This is kind of the problem of Clay being scary. The gang kids down the street could kill all of them with a glock pretty quickly. Frankly, it doesn't seem like being a werewolf is terribly useful.

I actually have no problem with it not being terribly useful but it makes the idea of the Pack being scary far less believable. I mean just buy some guns and shoot them all. Wolf martial arts are kind of worthless versus Colt 45 martial arts.
Flag
I agree that being a werewolf in this series goes from having super senses, agility and strength to being just good looking in your T-Shirt! They cannot seem to figure out if these characters Clay and Elena are good at hand-to-hand combat or if they they are just lucky?

I say go with the HK MP5SD every time... Clay would say his I'll take my time with you... and well two seconds later two in the chest and one head (for good measure) would make him a thing of the past... It's miller time.

The only real reason to watch this is too see how much of Larua's body will they show on the screen. They need to make an un-rated boxset for live streaming on Amazon-- that would make killer profits.
Flag
I meant that he knows that Philip was exposed to werewolves.

Or doors with handles instead of knobs :D .
Flag
I'm still trying to understand why she'd change back in the bathroom. She got from the stairwell to the bathroom so why not avoid exposure and exit the same way?
Flag
FEAR... That was obvious. The problem is why did she turn into a wolf at all. We spent the first half of this series' first season pretending she was awesome at this whole hand-to-hand combat thing. Now all of sudden she cannot protect herself unless she is a wolf.

Needless to say I was voting for this scenario:

See this is what this show needs.... And women with big fake breasts. That is what life is alll about in AMERICA! It would be all over but the crying.
Flag
I was going to say the only ting I still liked about this show was your reviews, but, even though the review was very good, the episode was quite good as well. Nice action in the end, important reveal. Bitten is trying.

"I thought Elena would eat Victor (or at very least castrate him). "
Well, to tell the truth, she has already (metaphorically) castrated Philip, so I guess she felt that was enough castration. Har, har. Sorry, I had to say that.

I laughed at Logan's "romantic" moment: "I booked a six-month vacation for us in Timbuktu, but we have to leave five minutes ago. Star Packing. NOW!!!" What woman could resist that?

The pack members are tough guys. Logan went all Toronto strangler on the mutts, and Clay managed to choke two mutts, each with one hand, and while under the effect of a sedative!

Speaking of Toronto, everybody in the show says "torono" and it drives me crazy. It's clearly missing a "t."

If Clay is a wolf, why does he look like a lion? That's a zoological contradiction.

Question for a poll: have you ever met a wolf in your bedroom? After that part, Elena could have told Philip: this is just a nightmare induced by blood loss! I bet he would have believed and her secret would be safe. And by the way why didn't it occur to the mutts to change, which they could've done even before? It's not like they had something to hide from Philip.

At this point, Philip must be thinking Miss Sweden wasn't that high-maintenance after all. But definitely not as exciting. Elena is exciting, like a game of Russian roulette.

Only two more episodes until the end. I guess I can put up with that if I've survived until now. Keep the good job, Liostris.
More+
Flag
It is true that Clay looks more like a lion LOL - I have had the same thought! I guess the important part was to make him look animalistic and wild,, and that ,he does :)
Flag
Speaking of Toronto, everybody in the show says "torono" and it drives me crazy. It's clearly missing a "t."

Ha! I didn't even notice that...I guess because I'm Torontonian. Most people who live or work in Toronto don't pronounce the "T" and say the name rather quickly. Some people joke that we say "Tronna"...but Torono sounds more like it. Those less familiar with the city pronounce it slowly and emphasize the second "T" like To-ron-toe.
Flag
Thanks mad-pac :)

Philip will need therapy after Elena - I'm not sure if Miss Sweden will be able to help him. Also he definitely feels like a cat person :)

As for "Timbuktu" thing - I guess Rachel now thinks Logan is in mafia and it's better not to ask any questions.

- Have you ever met a wolf in your bedroom?
- Does a plushy count?
Flag
Oh, I just remembered this one: Philip has learned the hard way that love hurts! But based on his stunned reaction I think he's more into cats...
Flag
What a great episode. Go Logan go it was nice to kind of see what he can do. Oh Philip you poor poor man :) not when he saw Elena it looked like he got bitch slapped across the face it was priceless, hopefully what happened in this episode putts Toronto and Philip to bed. can't wait until next weeks episode
Flag
I actually liked the fight scenes. Better than the ones they have had previously. Too bad Elena had no part in it until the end.
Flag
Agree on this! It was a good episode on that account. We even saw Logan fighting! And that guy Santos rolling up a table was sooo cool LOL.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members