A Bitten Community
Monday 8:00 PM on Syfy

It looks like Syfy got a taste of something it likes, because the network announced Friday that it  acquired the supernatural—and Canadian!—werewolf drama Bitten for a second season. Based on the first book of Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series, Bitten stars Laura Vandervoort as the world's only female werewolf; according to Syfy, the series averaged 1.1 million viewers during its first season, based on Live +7 data. 

Bitten had already been renewed for Season 2 by Canadian network Space; we were just waiting on confirmation that Syfy would once again be airing it for American audiences. All 10 episodes of the show's second season will be making their way to the U.S. in 2015, just as soon as Elena and Co. update their passports and get all the necessary werewolf shots.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/25/2016

Season 3 : Episode 10

59 Comments
Comments (59)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Oh and wat time
Flag
Did i miss season 2? What do does it come on?
Flag
Aired tonight in Canada...
Flag
When exactly is the Series Bitten to air on the CW? I love this show, the writers and action/drama, let's hope it returns soon!
Evie
Flag
It's not on the CW. If you're in the US, it's on the Syfy channel. So happy it's back!!!
Flag
Yey, so happy this show is back for a second season. Let's just hope we can keep it going as these networks do tend to cancel shows after a few short seasons and I HATE that! Spread the word everyone.
Flag
Oh and most importantly, Bitten has Laura Vandervoort my number 1 hollywood crush!

Flag
To everyone that thought that the ratings were low, your absolutely right. A large number of fans such as myself were introduced after and that could have given the numbers the jump they needed. Either way, ive been googling season 2 for bitten for a long time without any real hope of it comming back on and i gotta say it feels real good. Bitten has just the right amount of violence, sex and originality in the storyline to be a good candidate for many more seasons with any luck, so spread the word peeps!
Flag
The only possible down side for this show is that SYFY has a habit of cancelling shows after just a few, very shortened seasons - right when the audience is really loving the show.
Flag
I'm so glad it will be back for another season!!! Networks should be more democratic - let the fans vote for shows to get renewed instead of us having to wait to see if the network thinks it will make enough money. Too many good shows are cancelled. Lucky for us Bitten fans it's renewed! Can't wait!!
Flag
Circle Circle Dot Dot - now you have your werewolf shot!
Flag
I absolutely looking forward to season 2! I just couldn't get enough of it.
Flag
This show is so good
Flag
when dose Bitten come back on
Flag
It guaranteed syfy will cancel this show.
Flag
I am so happy lol
Flag
It's easy for Syfy to renew a show that's going to be made regardless. And it's cheaper than actually developing shows of their own.
Flag
Thank God! Getting to see Laura Vandervoort is damn good TV.
Flag
I am very surprised. I guess the numbers were better than I thought. Let's hope they learn from both the mistakes of last season, and every successful book/tv/film adaptation that has come before. Stick to the script. Any changes should make things better or clearer not worse and more convoluted.

That said, they got some good will with me, by killing you know who. And I'm still completely hot for Clay's body (despite his hair). So I'll at least watch the first episode. :)

I hope they fix the cgi wolves though.
Flag
I'm surpised this got picked up. The ratings were pretty low, but I guess an import doesn't need high ratings. That being said, I watched about 20 minutes of the pilot and turned it off. Terrible acting imo. I thought about going back and trying it again, but I have so many other (and better) shows to catch up on so I'll probably just forget about this one.
Flag
It's an ok show. I hope they will improve for the second season a loooot of stuf....
Flag
Good news. Canadians are the best.
Flag
Good to hear this. After cancellation of sevral new Good shows at other networks I was prepared to let go of this one too.
Flag
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy yay!!!!!!
Flag
wiiiiiiiii
I mean Grrrr
Flag
Season two...................................Yes!
Flag
I'm so glad it got renewed I can't wait.
Flag
great news Bitten was very very good!!
Flag
i watched all the episodes except the last one.. lol!don't like the seriez...and the actors!!! i aint gonna watch s2
Flag
I'm a bit surprised this was picked up given the flaws of the first season, but I'm looking forward to seeing if the show is able to keep up the momentum it built toward the end of the season. The show left off with a great potential storyline/villain. Hopefully as it gets farther from the source material the writers can build a logical world, as logic was one of its biggest flaws, especially in the first half of the season.

Flag
the show was fine, it picked up after a while but I wouldn't really have missed it. I don't mean it to sound derogatory or anything, but you can tell when a show is Canadian and this was a little too 'Canadian' sometimes
Flag
Just think how the rest of the world feels about the dominence of American television then...
Flag
Yes!
Flag
I watched first 2 episodes, neither hated it or necessarily liked it. Very mediocre show so decided to give up... Good news nevertheless.
Flag
I got through 9, still have 4 to catchup on. I'm a little surprised, that the episode order went down from 13 to 10.
Flag
I wouldn't read too much into the episode reduction. If anything, it's probably due to SPACE/Bell Media. SPACE's other series--Orphan Black and The Killjoys (2015 debut) are also 10 episode orders. Maybe they just consider 10 a more manageable number up here.
Flag
I gave up after episode 2, I should give it another go??
Flag
No. If you ask me the first couple of episodes was the best ones. It got so boring and stupid the second half of the season.
Flag
The show hit its stride toward the end of the season although it wasn't perfect. So if you have time, you could consider checking out later episodes.
Flag
OMG Laura Vandervoort's body double need keep that butt trained and ready for screen time another season, LOL :)
Flag
Cool. It's not a bad show; it's a little dry, but a lot less stupid compared to others...but it still finds a bit of room for stupid.

Yeah, so...cool.
Flag

Poll

Flag
Interesting how Elena on Bitten seems to be more popular than Elena on TVD.
Flag
The conflation of character and actress damages my soul. Elena Michaels is the better character because Elena Gilbert is the worst character. Ever. However Laura Vandervoort isn't all that good an actress, but Nina Dobrev's turns as Katherine, and a few other things have shown she's really quite a good actress who just happens to play the most boring awful character on television. Kinda like how Anna Torv didn't shine until she played Altlivia.
Flag
Elena (bitten) is a lot older and darker in a lot of ways than Elena (TVD), she can go to more dirtier places.
Flag
Excellent news! I love this show. Can't wait!
Flag
I have to say I'm both happy and surprised Bitten got second season. I will of course continue to review the show. See you all next year!
Flag
Surprised as well. I would have bet against it being renewed. Still, a 2nd season means a second chance to move past all the growing pains of that first season. And some of those episodes were painful to watch.

And I guess that means no return of James & Arla for Haven huh?
Flag
When I think about "Stalking" a word "painful" sounds like euphemism. Luckily Bitten got better later. The last 6 episodes were ok.

As for James & Arla - if Laura and Steve show up (which I doubt at this point) they will only be a one time guest stars.
Flag
Awesome news in the headline, but your news made it even better. Read ya next year!
Flag
Awww - thanks :)
Flag
It was already renewed here in Canada, and up until Orphan Black came back, it was the highest rated show on the Space Channel.
Flag
Syfy waiting this long to announce they are continuing the partnership didn't make much sense. Don't they want to get good news out quick?
Flag
hmmm....I didn't realize SPACE had picked it up already. A good move if they want to invest in more original content.
Flag
That's good (especially since the books got better too) and it was really taking on its own mission at the end of season 1 that might be separating itself from the books (though I still want them to perhaps seek out the witches for help so we can meet Paige).
Flag
I think this series and The 100 have the potential to have very interesting sophomore seasons as they start breaking away from the source material. I agree about Paige though. I think if they want to "world build" in the second season and stay within budget, then an urban witch is probably the supernatural they should go with.
Flag
And Paige is interesting as she is sort of the geeky type that wouldn't seem like friends with Elena but they are each other's best allies. Then if a third season is possible, they could introduce the wizards and Lucas and the werewolves owe Paige one.
Flag
I just finished the first season on Netflix and loved it! Can't wait for season 2.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members