B.J. and the Bear

NBC (ended 1981)

B.J. and the Bear Fan Reviews (11)

• BJ And The Bear

Hello there, this is Derrick Ferguson from Little Rock, Arkansas. I like to watch this classic television show, and it's called "BJ And The Bear", because it brings back some of my memories. Please send me an e-mail to my new e-mail address, and it's derrickferguson2010@yahoo.com. Thanks! See you all again real soon.

Derrick Ferguson

Little Rock, Arkansas
  • B.J. and the Bear Was the Best TV Series Ever Created

I have watch this show every episode from the movie pilot to where they had B.J. and the Bear in CA, including the movie after. There has never been or will ever be a TV series as good as this again. Greg is one of the best actors of all time next to Bear. HA! I met them and the truck one time when they came through Montgomery, Al. They parked the truck at the Eastdale Mall where I was working at the time at Morris Cafeteria. We would love to have the entire series including any missing episodes on DVD or it should be put back on TV for a whole new generation to see. Not a remake, but the original series with Greg and Bear. www.claimyoursnow.com/work-at-home
  • One of those shows that i grew up watching and My Dad never had any complaints of the kinda trash the TV was dishing out

I've always been waiting to get my hands on a DVD of this show from the past.One of the first shows that I remember watching as a Kid and one that we discussed the next day at school with all my friends about how great Bears antics were.
    looking back and seeing what I see on Discovery/Nat Geo of how Chimps and other animal stars are abandoned in the old age after the fame and fortune has faded,
    and the various tortures inflicted on them to get 'em to perform the stuff that looks good on camera,seem to leave me with mixed feelings.

But on the whole it was a great show for us kids growing up in the late 70's early 80's.
    Truly an all time classic
  • BJ and Bear always had a mean trucker to put up with and I can not remember his name.

I think this was one of the greatest shows ever made. It was something diff., you did not before this show or after this show see one that was set like this. I would love to see this put on dvd. For me, what get me into this show was the Rig. I grew up loving big rigs. Then after I watched it for the first time, Bear became my fav. He was the show really.
  • you must be kidding

1.3
    how on earth did this show ever get made? a show about a trucker and his monkey. i bet greg evigan is really proud of this show. i remember seeing it once or twice. the other thing i can not believe is that it was successful enough to get a spin off.
  • Great show!

I remember this show as a kid growing up in
    Miami and also it came back on syndication for a
    Time. It starred hunky Greg Evigan as a good-looking and
    Honest trucker who also seems trained in the martial arts
    As he is a good fighter who hangs around his chimp pet
    Very funny as well as really a good show for the family to watch!
  • One of my all time favorites

' BJ and the Bear ' was one of my favorite shows as a child and one that I wish would either come to DVD or show up on a network like TV Land. This spawned another great classic, ' Sheriff Lobo '.
    This show came about during the trucking craze which was brought on by movies such as Smokey and the Bandit and Convoy. BJ traveled across the country with his monkey, Bear and would find himself in trouble in somne way with the law, Sheriff Lobo, bandits or dishonest businessmen. The show failed bebacuse it appealed more to children rather then to adults.
    It is one of many shows that I would gladly buy if it ever came to DVD.
  • B.J. and the Bear blew past my expectations. At first, I had expected same old same old plot development but twist after turn of excitement and action just way exceeded my expectations.

B.J. and the Bear blew past my expectations. At first, I had expected same old same old plot development but twist after turn of excitement and action just way exceeded my expectations. Mind you, there were some problems (most discontinuity issues) that I don't have the time to mention but all in all, a solid 9.
  • I love this show... B.J. was cute but Bear took the show...

See I can relate to B.J. because I come from a family of truck drivers and my eldest step brother still drives the big rigs.
    This is one show I would love to see come back. Again I do not know why they took it off for to begain with...
  • I think that Greg Evigan did a great acting job in B.J. and the Bear.

The show was extremely entertaining with a little bit of everything. It was funny, dramatic and action packed. It was one of the best tv series on. It should have ran longer and should have reruns on now. I believe that the show would be as big now as it was when it first came out.
  • This show was a personal favorite show of mine. Maybe because it was kinda similar of Dukes of Hazzard. With the good guy against the corrupt sheriff and his dimwitted deputies.

This show should be put back on TV and on DVD, it would sell like crazy. Claude Akins was a friend of the actor I represent Sonny Shroyer, both from GA. Sonny also knew Greg Evigan as well. And he was associated with Slim Pickens who play Sgt. Wiley on the show, when Sonny was on Hee Haw.

This show had action, comedy and sometimes moonshine in the mix. I think they tried to copy Dukes. They thought Brandon Tartinkoff was crazy at NBC with this one as with many of the shows when he was there. Saturday Night Live made fun of him when he was on their show, by scrolling a list of bad shows he put on the air, BJ and The Bear was on the list. In my opinion BJ and The Bear was a great show and they should put it back on the air.