A Black Mirror Community
Sunday 11:55 PM on Channel 4

LITERALLY SLOW NEWS

... For those of you who like slower-moving television, Animal Planet is moving forward with an eight-part series called Meet the Sloths. The series will be filmed at a sloth sanctuary and follow the furry guys as they navigate their complex social structure, which involves love triangles and even pranks.  No word on whether Kristen Bell will be involved. [Variety]

BUSINESS TIME

... Despite some people not digging Season 3 so much, this past Sunday's episode of Homeland matched a season high with 2 million average viewers. And one above-average viewer, me! [EW]

... It looks like TNT has renamed its upcoming reality series Nashville Confidential to Private Lives of Nashville Wives to better accentuate the fact that it's basically Real Housewives: Nashville. The network also announced a premiere date: Monday, February 24 at 10pm. Oh! I forgot to tell you what the show is about! It's about a bunch of "wives" trying to make it in the country-music business. It's like a less realistic Nashville. [TNT via press release]

... NBC has put an end date on the current season of The Voice. The festivities will come to a close over a two-night period, with final performances sung at you on December 16 and a winner named on December 17. Both episodes will run for two hours because if NBC isn't airing The Voice it may as well not air anything at all. [NBC via press release]

... Tim's Personal Recommendation Time! Hey it's me, Tim! And I have a personal recommendation for you! The U.K.'s anthology-miniseries Black Mirror is finally coming to the U.S. on November 12 and it's one of the best things I've seen all year. It's awesome and in the vein of The Twilight Zone but with an emphasis on how technology is affecting our culture. If you're into weird and twisted, you'll love it (trailer below). Also en route is Secret State, a conspiracy thriller following the aftermath of an industrial disaster. But here's the catch: Both will be exclusive to DirecTV. Hmmm... if only there was a way for Americans to watch programs that have already aired in the U.K. [DirecTV via press release]

... 12 Years a Slave director Steve McQueen is developing a project at HBO about a black man who enters New York's high society with a past that may not be what it seems to be. This one is being fast-tracked. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Channing is dipping his Tatum into all kinds of television nowadays. Following last week's news that he's developing a sitcom for CBS, Tatum is working on a reality series at A&E that would follow the goings-on and employees of a burlesque club in New Orleans. But why would he do that? Because he OWNS the club. Ahh, lame. [Variety]

CASTING NEWS

... Mitch Hurwitz, best known as the creator of Arrested Development and best forgotten as the creator of Running Wilde, will guest-star on Community as Preston Koogler, Greendale's biggest party animal. Hurwitz *has* appeared in front of the camera before: Workaholics fans will remember him as the company HR rep who tried to get the guys sober. Weirdo comics Tim & Eric will also drop by Community as people who are involved in one of the Dean's plans for fixing up the school. I have seen the future, and Season 5 of Community will be great. [The Wrap]

... NBC's The Blacklist is stuffing one of its upcoming episodes with a bunch of cool guest stars. Without much context to go on, here's who you can expect: William Sadler, recently seen on Homeland as Michael Higgins, will play a man from Liz's past; one-time shock comic Andrew Dice Clay will play a plastic surgeon who did some work on the week's big bad; and Justin Kirk (Weeds but also forever Animal Practice, which never got the chance it deserved) will play the villain on the Blacklist who Red and Liz hunt. No word on when the episode will air, but that sounds like a sweeps episode to me! [EW]

... Dina Manzo is returning to The Real Housewives of New Jersey after not being on the reality series for three-and-a-half seasons. Now you know. [E! Online]

... Former doctor to the mob Jordana Spiro will guest-star on CBS's The Good Wife as a sexy police detective who isn't above jumping into bed for a lead. She'll potentially recur on the series and make her debut in the December 1 episode, which is the series' 100th. [TV Line]

... Bob Barker will return to The Price is Right as part of his 90th birthday celebration. He'll help adopt out a pet during the show's big Pet Adoption Week (a cause Barker championed while he was on the air), and pitch in during a Showcase Showdown. Look for his episode to air on December 12. [CBS via press release]

... John Larroquette (Night Court) has landed himself a recurring role on Fox's upcoming sci-fi drama Almost Human. He'll play a robot-maker who "is a little broken," according to Fox. [Fox via press release]

... Jane Lynch will narrate the upcoming Discovery special Penguins: Waddle All the Way. The two-hour documentary will follow three species of penguins as they try on tuxedos and engage in long-term relationships, and it will be filmed with the help of a robot penguin. [Discovery via press release]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 2/25/2013

Season 2 : Episode 3

42 Comments
Comments (42)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I can see Mitch Hurwitz as a Greendale party animal, that's great casting. Almost as good as casting Mark Cherry as himself.

William Sadler on The Blacklist? Shiiiiit, he could play any fucking role on that show just right, that'll be awesome... so long as we don't have to see his sack as he strips down and does tai chi. Then Andrew Dice Clay as a plastic surgeon? I'm there. Justin Kirk as a villain? Good lord, this is dope!

Oh god, please don't bring Jordana Spiro into The Good Wife, especially not on that write-up, that character sounds attrocious and outside her range.

Bob Barker will be on TPIR for his 90th birthday? That's awesome! DVR, do your duty.

John Larroquette is the man, so I will now watch Almost Human.
Flag
Black Mirror is amazing! Hoping for a third season.

Kristen Bell + Sloths = OTP.
Flag
Staff
Sloth News. Slow News Day?
Flag
Staff
Low hanging fruit yo.
Flag
Staff
yep
Flag
I misread that as "Attention: Kristen Bell, Discovery making a sloth show", which made more sense and was really just the more positive headline overall.
Flag
Seriously, Bell better hosted that sloth show.
I can't imagine a more enjoyable weekly TV experience that watching her lose her sh*t every time she talks about them! Make it happen, AP, and I'm there!
Flag
Everyone in USA who enjoys very good quality programming you MUST watch Black Mirror.

It is really extremely good. It should be noted Tim that the above video is not a trailer as it contains no footage of the actual show, its more a teaser of concepts that are explored in the show.

Each episode is individual but all set in a realistic (although sometimes improbable) future, not full blown sci fi future but say between 10 - 50 years from now. The writing is top notch and the episode are simply entertaining. Oh and in true British fashion there are only 6 episodes in total over two seasons of three.

Anyway watch it, you will not be sorry.
Flag
I'd watch some Sloths. They're friggin adorable. :)
Flag
Finally sloths get the appreciation they deserve.
And why this 12 years a slave director McQueen really has to call himself "Steve" is beyond me.
Flag
Those meer cats were a bit to fast paced for me.
Yul Brynner is directed a show for AMC.
Flag
Then I guess we just have to wait for a Marlon Brando director also.
It's almost funny.
Flag
I haven't been as excited about casting news for a long time than I am about John Larroquette. He will be perfect in this.
Flag
Black Mirror is one of the best series you'll ever see, sheer briliance!
Flag
Someone has to stop Channing Tatum from staring in anything.
Flag
'Staring' is even better than 'starring' when you think about it. Love this comment.
Flag
LOL I missed an "r"
Flag
Oh God, that Kristen Bell sloth video makes me fall in love with her over and over again!
Flag
I'd never seen that sloth clip before. Apparently 17 million people saw it before I did and not a single one of them told me.

Poor Bell; this is the rest of her life now. People will constantly come up to her, say "THERE'S A SLOTH NEARBY" and laugh and point while she goes into panic mode. Sad.
Flag
It's an elated panic though so you would be doing her a service, in fact it is your duty to always send Kirsten Bell into said elated panic.
Flag
Thanks for Bell's sloth video. That was weird and funny art the same time.

There is a way for Americans to watch programs that have aired in the UK. It's called BBC America, but goodness forbid they even try. Of course, there's Hulu too, to some degree anyway.
Flag
And other places online. ;)
Flag
I missed the first half of the trailer because I thought it was a commercial.
Flag
It's not a trailer, by saying that Tim may scare some off who think it looks random.

That is a teaser just poking the issues involved with the show. Namely if we continue down our current technological path at our current rate how long will it be before some of the ideas that form the episodes come into reality.

The show is brilliant, do not miss it.
Flag
oh thank you i thought i was the only one thinking that
Flag
I really hope that in seeing these slothes Kristen Bell will be at a 11 because I find her extremely funny when she is at a 11 on the emotional scale.
Flag
After watching Black Mirror you will never look at a British Prime Minister the same again! Really good

Secret State was very good, but the final episode leaves a lot of unanswered questions and there is no word on whether there will be a 2nd season. It was a remake of A Very British Coup (which doesnt have a 2nd season either).
Secret State is worth watching and its only 4 episodes long
Flag
Which should be viewed first Black Mirror or Secret State?
Flag
Black Mirror is basically a series of one off's - like the twilight zone, but a lot more twisted.
You should definitely watch the first episode of Black Mirror, after that, you could watch them in any order
Flag
I watched the first two episodes and definitely liked the second one better. The first one just left me baffled haha. Good call on the show though!
Flag
I would really like to watch a video of Kristin Bell watching the sloth tv show.
Flag
Or host the show.
Flag
Sounds like a concept that would be slow to develop.
Flag
Just for some fun, Cards fan here so know we're taking your boys to game 7. :D
Flag
Follow this Show
Members