A Black Sails Community
Saturday 9:00 PM on Starz

Yo ho yo ho it's a pirate's life for free! In advance of the January 25 premiere of Black Sails, Starz has decided to post the first episode of the swashbuckling drama online for free. So grab a bottle of rum, teach your parrot to say, "Gimme some booty!," and watch the pirate pilot episode embedded below. (Of course, if you want to see it with the sex and the curse words, you're going to have to pony up for a Starz subscription.)

Black Sails follows the pirate Captain Flint as he brings on a new matey and sails the seas of the Caribbean, a-plundering and a-pillaging. The drama stars Toby Stephens, Hannah New, and Luke Arnold, and Michael Bay is a producer, so the over/under on big explosions is 483. 

This could be the beginning of a pirate trend on television; in addition to Starz's Black Sails, NBC will air Crossbones sometime later this year.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/26/2016

Season 3 : Episode 10

60 Comments
Comments (60)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I think I'm going to enjoy this, it's a shame we only have eight episodes this year.
Flag
I couldn't get through the first 15 minutes...
Flag
"Pirate trend"...??? Hm...
Well, I have been getting a bit burnt on the Zombie theme...
Loved the show Starz, thanks!!!
Flag
I am not much into pirate stuffs but I liked the first episode of Black Sails. It seems like the show is of good quality, especially the female actresses who give the show character. I don't know if I am going to be watching this show, but I will definitely see one more episode before I make my decision. A big LIKE for Blackbeard, one of a kind.
Flag
Very good pilot program
Flag
Watched the first episode last night, and it was everything that I hoped it would be: bitches, booty, bastards, and badassery. Everything I would expect from the network that gave us Spartacus. Was not disappointed, and can't wait to see the rest of the season.
Flag
This uploader has not made this video available in your country...
FUUUUUUUU!!! ANTI-CLIMAX!
Flag
The video is from Youtube so try their instead.
Flag
Thanks but didn't work there either, but already dowloaded it from a piratebay proxy :)
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
John Silver guy looks like young Antonio Banderas. I keep expecting him to speak with a strong foreign accent and he fails me every time. Also I finally witnessed what it means to beat up a guy to a bloody pulp. Thank you Black Sails and Starz.
Flag
Just watched this - Starz did it with Spartacus, and now they have done it with Black Sails. What an amazing start, loved the world setting immediately.
Flag
Wait...they removed the gratuitous language and sex, and in return, publish that version for free? Win-win.
Flag
I'd like to see Brosnan in order to repeat the swordfight from DAD again, the rest of the show was meh, except for those two girls at it. That felt so out of place it made me wonder what the heck I was watching.
Flag
I hope we will see Edward Kenway in future.
Flag
That first episode was quite good as an introduction. The acting was good and the story was quite convincing. The exception Now, it's to time to develop the characters. It is definitly something i'll be watching for the next 3 or 4 next episodes.
Flag
Mirrors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP-vbDtyMXw (censored) and http://www.starz.com/videos/embed/371 (uncensored)
Flag
Blackbeard was scary. 8-)
Flag
i did not read the article, per se, but i enjoyed spartacus and thoroughly enjoy period dramas (give me a the tudors or a downtown abbey, any day), but I enjoyed the first episode, and will indeed watch further.
i thought it was fairly well written, and acted, but i do understand the limitations of the high seas voyage. like an allen courtermaine in africa, you need to realize the limitations of the ability to portray, effectively, location, without actually shooting ON location.
Just ask the cast of Mogambo; Spencer Tracey went to africa for a reason, and NOT to act (his wife, Katherine Hepburn, was shooting on location; If i recall my TCM, John Ford and Spencer Tracey.. or maybe it was Bogart.. two of the three, anyways, they never got malaria because they never drank water, only whiskey and other liquors:P)
Flag
This reminded me a lot of the same general feel I got from Da Vinci's Demons; a terribly poor replacement for the loss of Spartacus, but not a terrible show in and of itself. Its also fun to draw the parallels between this and Da Vinci's Demons with the 2nd and 4th Assassin's Creed games. I'll keep watching for now, swashbuckling and nudity are a favorable combination to watch.
Flag
NUDITY //AND// SWASHBUCKLING?? WHERE IS ERROL FLYNN WHEN YOU NEED HIM????

wait, i mean, .. what?? ;)
Flag
It's about what I expected from a Starz pilot, nothing special. I will keep watching though
Flag
Ohh I really want to watch this, but I think ill wait for the uncensored version.
Flag
STARZ has it: http://www.starz.com/videos/embed/371
Flag
Thanks for that! :)
Flag
You're welcome. ;)
Flag
Kinda felt like a not-as-good Vikings to me. Same kinda vibe. The episode wasn't terrible, but it didn't really attract me in any way. I'll try it some more.
Flag
It's been online for awhile but I figured it was censored so I'm fine to wait for it to air so I can watch it as it was intended. Also if I really like it (I hope I do) then the wait for the next eoisode will be easier.
Flag
http://www.starz.com/videos/embed/371 is uncensored.
Flag
it was ok. I like J P Kennedy, but there really isn't much of her in it. Not enough to make me give a damn. I'll watch a few more eps at least.
Flag
Overall I thought it was good, but I felt like it was trying too hard to be "edgy" with the language and nudity, none of which I found offensive but it felt too forced to me.

Flag
It was a little slow, but so was the sparticus pilot. I was surprised how big a role max played, i was expecting her to be a secondary character
Flag
I thought it was great, but I could have done without the nudity and language, the show would do fine without it.
Flag
I thought YouTube's was censored due to TV-14 rating. I know STARZ's is not censored.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
You'll probably want to hold off for Crossbones on NBC then, less chance for nudity, profanity, entertainment, etc...
Flag
Nudity and profanity is entertaining?
Flag
I like to believe it is, but then, some might say I'm not the most wholesome, conservative type either...
Flag
:D I have the tendency to be pretty uncouth myself.
Flag
it's Starz... that's what they do there.
Flag
It's getting old.
Flag
What guy from Merlin?
Flag
It's pirates. I do see your point though, but can't imagine pirates without prostitutes, booze and foul language unless it's striving for a more Pirates of the Caribbean feel which it isn't.
Flag
I think with something like Spartacus, that felt adult constantly, but with this show half the time it feels just like a family show and then all of a sudden... hello! I think with the guy from Merlin in it it's throwing me off. :)
Flag
Follow this Show
Members