Black Sash

The WB (ended 2003)

Black Sash Fan Reviews (5)

7.6
  • Russell Wong stars as an ex-cop who sacrificed everything and must now rebuild his own life as a teacher and mentor to a diverse group of teenagers. Black Sash features a great cast, dazzling martial arts and stories of hope and redemption.

This series had its flaws but it was an o.k. show when it was airing on television. Even though some of the things in this series when it was on television was not always great. But it did have its good even great moments while airing. I hope that they try to make a series like Black Sash because I think it was somewhat interesting. For anyone who have not seen this series ever, I suggest you try to find it because it good to watch to pass time. If they ever being this series back on television, I would check it out to see how **** it is.
  • This is a pretty good television series.

This is a pretty good television series. This is a show that I would suggest watching if you get the chance. Check the bargain bins at Wal-Mart, the online movies sites (Amazon.com and such) and all of the cable channels that run reruns of shows. USA, TNT, Nick at Nite and TV Land are great for theses kind of shows. They will even do a week long spot for shows that only had 6 or so episodes. Then you have your super stations. They run a bunch of older shows too as well as current shows in rerun form. All in all a pretty good show.
  • different people from different backgrounds find one thing in common- martial arts. and they end up helping each other, and becoming better people. well done, great acting, amazing plot.

fantastic show. i started it after it already ended on youtube, after i found it thanks to one of my favorite actresses (i wqas seeing what shed done in the past) loved the plot, so i watched, and it was amazing. i cant believe they ended it so soon! they need to bring it back. when i was choosing a classification, i couldnt choose between 'bring it back' and 'personal favorite', but i want more episodes, so i said bring it back. i luv this show!!! why didnt they do more? it was fantastic! even though it would sorta ruin it if they restarted it now, i still want them to. i miss it. i think im just going to rewatch the 6 episodes they made until they make more. or i find another good show. but id rather they at least make a new sesion with 'a few years later' so it fits, and finish it better this time. that would be better than this.
  • Black Sash follows the lives of five teenagers that learn to deal with daily life due to the control and responsibility gained through the practice of martial arts.

As a martial artists myself, for quite a while as a matter of fact, I love this show. Finally I had something to relate to. I saw teenagers that were going through the same problems I was going through. I saw teenagers coming into their own, struggling to make a name for themselves in the world. And then, in a flash, it was gone. A lot of people, not being martial artists, couldn't accept the subtle stories that were told in the background. I also heard complaints about the fight scenes. Since they weren't high flying wire tricks they must be fake. Alas, because of the ignorance of a portion of the audience a good show with the potential to be great was taken off the air.
  • Martial arts with Tom and the 'gang'...

I never really actually watched this show. It never went on tv, actually. I first watched it because of Drew Fuller, who plays Nick Reed for three episodes. And once seen these three episodes, I started liking this show. I'm only sorry it didn't survive, because it's a different kind of show, it's not only about love or teenager's problems or surreal things...it's all of this besides martial arts. And martial arts kind of appassionate me. Loved all the characters, escpecially Nick, with his bad boy ways and Allie, attracted by Nick (as far as I could tell) and the fights were super! I would have liked this show to keep going on...cause it was really great!!!!