Black. White. Forums

FX (ended 2006)

Episode 3

kibb

[1]Mar 23, 2006
    • level: 1
    I'm confused. I'm watching what my TiVo recorded on March 22 at 11pm. Is this the 3rd episode? The beginning has a synopsis of what happened and showed Rose's class going to the house and Carmen saying, "Black Creature" (which I thought was episode 2). But then in the middle of the episode they go to all white cowboy place, which I coulda sworn aired on the first episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SunsprayHoney

[2]Mar 24, 2006
    • level: 12
    It's the 3rd episode.

JLUVANIME

[3]Mar 25, 2006
    • level: 6
    Kind of off topic but why didn't Carmen know that calling someone a "Black Creature" wouldn't be offensive? If I called someone a white creature, what do you think they would say?

hound562

[4]Mar 28, 2006
    • level: 4
    yea that was the part that was a little extreme. i mean calling anyone a creature is kinda mean. its like you are calling them a monster or someone.

faitho113

[5]Mar 29, 2006
    • level: 1
    I have heard many times as a white person the statement, "God's beautiful creatures" I believe she made her statement in that context. It seems she was trying to imply that god had created a beautiful black individual. I do understand how it could/would be taken in a negative connotation because the term creature is often attributed to monsters, but in the bible, the word creature refers to god's creations.