Blackadder Forums

BBC (ended 1989)

Blackadder coming to the big screen?

pendo86

[1]Jun 20, 2006
    • level: 7
    http://movienews.virgin.net/Virgin/Lifestyle/Movies/virginMoviesNewsDetail/0,15384,1288943_movies,00.html
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

enervator

[2]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 38
    That could be great...although it didn't sound like they were confident it would actually happen.  I was actually surprised to read in it that they are doing another Mr. Bean movie.

Guru-Nator

[3]Jul 8, 2006
    • level: 2

YYYEEESSS!!! I seriously hope this is going to happen!

We should put a gun to Atkinson's head and shout "DIE! YOU EVIL MAGGOT" if he turns around and says "oh, I've changed ny mind".

Brooks1878

[4]Oct 26, 2006
    • level: 6
    I'm sorry I have to dissagree,like with all good show's you have to know when to call it a day.
    Blackadder was without doubt the funniest shows of the 80's and early 90's but thats where it should stay.dont get me wrong I love this programme and grew up with it but when I watched back & forth I knew then it had run it course.The ending of Blackadder Goes Forth when they leave the trenches was so fitting for a show that killed us with laughter and left us with tears,thank god for Ben Elton.
    It was a real master stroke not giving us the HOLLYWOOD ending and not even Blackadders Christmas Carol (Hilarious) could takeaway the sadness when remembering Blackadder, George, Baldrick and of course Cpt Darling running to their deaths.
    So please Just let Atkinson do Mr Bean and Laurie do House and i'll die happy

zhangliao1

[5]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 6
    mr bean is rubbish and i mean compared to black adder

i hate to see my fav shows ended i would be soo happy if they made new ones even if they arent as good

mc31

[6]Nov 23, 2006
    • level: 13
    As long as SKY One has nothing to do with the Film I will be pleased.  I hated Back and Forth.

ferdiaob

[7]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 11
    pendo86 wrote:
    http://movienews.virgin.net/Virgin/Lifestyle/Movies/virginMoviesNewsDetail/0,15384,1288943_movies,00.html

Invalid link dude, prob proves that its not gonna happen.

randy_roes

[8]Jan 31, 2007
    I honestly hope that they'll never make a BlackAdder movie.

I mean, I love the episodes, but I can't watch 3 off them in a row. (something about Rowan Atkinson, but I can't put my finger on it)
    And a movie would basicly be 2 or 3 episodes pasted together.

Maybe, one day, they will make another special episode.
    However, I kinda doubt that because off the slim succes of Back and Forth.

mc31

[9]Feb 6, 2007
    • level: 13

The scary thing might be lack of investment to do the film.  The Americans will not be happy unless they convert every successful British comedy series (Red Dwarf, The Office, The Vicar of Dibley, etc) into an American show with American actors.  I really can't see Kirsty Alley replacing Dawn French can you?  The other report was that they were thinking of getting Steve Martin to do an American Father Ted.

So are we all worries that Blackadder might be hijacked by the Americans and ruined?  I am.  We can only be thankful that the Americans like Rowan Atkinson and Hugh Lawrie.  But what about the rest of the cast?

ferdiaob

[10]Feb 11, 2007
    mc31 wrote:

The scary thing might be lack of investment to do the film. The Americans will not be happy unless they convert every successful British comedy series (Red Dwarf, The Office, The Vicar of Dibley, etc) into an American show with American actors. I really can't see Kirsty Alley replacing Dawn French can you? The other report was that they were thinking of getting Steve Martin to do an American Father Ted.

So are we all worries that Blackadder might be hijacked by the Americans and ruined? I am. We can only be thankful that the Americans like Rowan Atkinson and Hugh Lawrie. But what about the rest of the cast?

That cant do that, it would suck, Blackadder is only funny because its so British.

ferdiaob

[11]Feb 11, 2007
    Same goes for Father Ted and Irishness actually

percy89

[12]Feb 26, 2007
    i really hope this will happen.Blackadder the Third RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wbafan2

[13]Oct 25, 2008
    mc31 wrote:
    As long as SKY One has nothing to do with the Film I will be pleased. I hated Back and Forth.

I liked it

kieran3486

[14]Nov 15, 2008
    I think if they tried to do a film they'd struggle to get funding - same sort of situation they had with the Red Dwarf movie that never got made. I hope they don't make a movie because i don't think it would work. The only thing that MIGHT work is if they did a new series. Another special or movie or (god help us) american version would probably just be dire.

Auxtran

[15]Dec 27, 2008
    The BBC documentary 'Blackadder Rides Again' that aired at Christmas seemed to imply that there will never be another Blackadder project. Tim McInnery said he wouldn't do another as he feels people prefer the memories than to see the actors they way they are now. Stephen Fry said he felt such things were better left in the past and Rowan said it was simply a thing of the past.

archangelwho

[16]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 18
    mc31 wrote:

The scary thing might be lack of investment to do the film. The Americans will not be happy unless they convert every successful British comedy series (Red Dwarf, The Office, The Vicar of Dibley, etc) into an American show with American actors. I really can't see Kirsty Alley replacing Dawn French can you? The other report was that they were thinking of getting Steve Martin to do an American Father Ted.

So are we all worries that Blackadder might be hijacked by the Americans and ruined? I am. We can only be thankful that the Americans like Rowan Atkinson and Hugh Lawrie. But what about the rest of the cast?

As someone from the US I must take offense to what you said about Americans & British TV. You greatly under stated what US TV would do to the great British's shows. What ever you have to do keep the US hands off of the British TV
    Edited on 02/22/2009 6:09pm