Blackadder

Goodbyeee

Aired Wednesday 9:30 PM Nov 02, 1989 on BBC

• One of the greatest episodes ever!

"Plan F: Goodbyeee"

Grade: A*

One of the darkest, best written, and funniest episodes of any show ever. Goodbyee was a perfect example of a British Comedy tackling both humour and very serious moments at the same time. As we see Blackadder and the rest of the squad head up for "the big push", we realise that this is more than a Comedy show, it's reality of what happened back in the First World War. As our heroes go over the top, firing happens and certain death is for sure, but just as it ends we see a field of poppies, realising what the soldiers did for us and our freedom.

Goodbyeee not only relies on a powerful ending, but the episode is quite possibly the funniest of all the Blackadders. Blackadder pretending to be mad was awesome, and Baldrick singing the "Boom! Boom! Boom" song was fantastic, as well as the Hot Mud drink being milked by Spit. As the episode goes on though, the tone gets darker and less funny as expected, due to us viewers knowing how it's all going to end, but it's done so brilliantly. By far the best episode of this series!