Blackadder

Sense and Senility

Aired Wednesday 9:30 PM Oct 08, 1987 on BBC

• I Love this episode! Aahhhhh. Hot potato, off his drawers, Puck will make amends. Aaahh.

I Love This episode!

My Favorite scene:

Mossop: ...lest you continue in your quotations and mention the name of the "Scottish Play".
    Keanrick: Oh-ho... never fear, I shan't do that.
    Blackadder: By the "Scottish Play", I assume you mean Macbeth.
    Mossop and Keanrick: Aahhhhh. Hot potato, off his drawers, Puck will make amends. Aaahh.
    Blackadder: What was that?
    Keanrick: We were exorcising evil spirits. Being but a mere butler, you will not know the great theatre tradition that one does never speak the name of the "Scottish Play".
    Blackadder: What, Macbeth?
    Mossop and Keanrick: Aahhhhh. Hot potato, off his drawers, Puck will make amends. Ohhh.
    Blackadder: Good lord, you mean you have to do that every time I say Macbeth?
    Mossop and Keanrick: Aahhhhh. Hot potato, off his drawers, Puck will make amends. Owwww.
    Mossop: Will you please stop saying that. Always call it the "Scottish Play".
    Blackadder: So you want me to say the "Scottish Play"?
    Mossop and Keanrick: (shout) Yes.
    Blackadder: Rather than Macbeth?
    Mossop and Keanrick: Aahhhhh. Hot potato, off his drawers, Puck will make amends. Owwwwww.
    Prince George: For heaven's sake, what is all this hullabaloo, all this shouting and screaming and yelling blue murder? Why... it's like that play we saw the other day, what was it called... umm...
    Blackadder: Macbeth, sir?
    Prince George: No, no, it was called Julius Caesar.
    Blackadder: Ah, yes, of course. Julius Caesar... not Macbeth.

In the episode Blakadder says Macbeth a total of 9 times.
  • extremely funny

7.1
    another great episode
    the actors you really love to despise in this episode, so much so you love what happens at the end when blackadder has them arrested for conspiracy. My favourite quote in this episode would have to be the conversation between baldrick and blackadder:
    Blackadder: I just about had it up to here with that prince! One more insult and I'll be handing in my notice!
    Baldrick: Does that mean I'll be butler?
    Blackadder: Not unless some kindly passing surgeon cuts you head open with a spade and sticks a brain in it.
    Baldrick: Oh right
    Blackadder: I don't know why I put up with it I really don't! Every year at the Guild of Butlers' Christmas Party I'm the one who has to wear the red nose and the pointy hat for winng the "Who's got the stupidest master?" competition. All I can say is that he better watch out! One more foot wrong and the contract between us will be a broken as this milk jug.
    Baldrick: But that milk jug's not broken
    Blackadder: You really do walk into these things don't you Baldrick
    [Blackadder smashes the milk jug over Baldrick's head]