A black-ish Community
Wednesday 9:30 PM on ABC

Thursday night is Shonda night on ABC this fall. The network will move Grey's Anatomy and Scandal to 8pm and 9pm, respectively, to make room for Shonda Rhimes' new series How to Get Away with Murder in Scandal's current 10pm time slot. When How to Get Away With Murder wraps its first season in March, new Ryan Phillipe drama Secrets and Lies (which has a 10-episode order and will likely be a limited series) will take over the 10pm time slot. 

Another shift in scheduling: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is getting bumped back an hour, to 9pm on Tuesdays. It will follow new comedies Selfie and Manhattan Love Story.

New comedy Black-ish will air Wednesdays at 9:30pm, getting the plum post-Modern Family spot. Earlier on Wednesdays, '80s-set comedy The Goldbergs will setting into a new time period between The Middle and Modern Family

New Captain America spin-off Marvel's Agent Carter and fairy-tale musical Galavant will serve as "bridge programming" during the winter hiatuses of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and Once Upon a Time, respectively. Note that in 2013-2014, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was originally expected to be used similarly—during OUAT's winter hiatus—until ABC decided to schedule it at 8pm on Thursdays, where it ultimately failed pretty spectacularly in the ratings. 

Currently unscheduled series that will premiere at a later date include dramas American Crime and The Whispers and comedy Fresh Off the Boat

ABC'S FALL 2014-2015 SCHEDULE 
New shows are listed in ALL CAPS

MONDAY

8pm-10pm – Dancing With the Stars
10pm-11pm – Castle

TUESDAY

8-8:30pm – SELFIE
8:30-9pm – MANHATTAN LOVE STORY
9-10pm – Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. MARVEL'S AGENT CARTER
10-11pm – FOREVER

WEDNESDAY

8-8:30pm – The Middle
8:30-9pm – The Goldbergs
9-9:30pm – Modern Family
9:30-10pm – BLACK-ISH
10-11pm – Nashville

THURSDAY

8-9pm – Grey's Anatomy
9-10pm – Scandal
10-11pm – HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER / SECRETS AND LIES starting in March

FRIDAY

8-8:30pm – Last Man Standing
8:30-9pm – CRISTELA
9-10pm – Shark Tank
10-11pm – 20/20

SUNDAY

7-8pm – America's Funniest Home Videos
8-9pm – Once Upon a Time GALAVANT
9-10pm – Resurrection
10-11pm – Revenge

Upfronts 2014 HQ:
New Shows, Network Schedules, Video Previews, and More

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/28/2016

God

Season 3 : Episode 2

Next Episode

AIRS ON 10/5/2016

Season 3 : Episode 3

32 Comments
Comments (32)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Grey's getting the 8pm slot might mean it has to tone down on some of the adult activities. If the networks and the FCC care anymore.
BTW I am a Grey's fan.

Flag
Black is the new show TV title these days... Black List, Orange is the new Black, Black-ish, Black Box, Orphan Black...
Did I miss any?
Flag
Does anyone know what the situation is with The Astronauts Wives Club? I read that they had some delays but I assume it's still going ahead?
Flag
I was hoping for a new day and/ or time for Nashville, but obviously ABC are content with not gaining any more viewers for the series. Whatever the case, Black-ish has to be the worst series ABC could have used to lead into it.
Flag
I don't know if Marvel's Agents of SHIELD is a strong enough series to be basing an entire night of new series around it on Tuesdays...

Thursday's looks great though, and Once Upon A Time and Galavant will be a good pairing on Sunday's.
Flag
I think this is one of ABC's weakest schedules. The comedy choices are sludge. I was more interested in An American Education, Bambi Cottages, Irreversible, Saint Francis and The Winkler's. They have a few good drama offerings but I was also interested in seeing Agatha, The Club, Dangerous Liaisons and Sea of Fire.
Flag
I have literally never heard of a single one of the shows you mentioned, which is quite surprising given my overall knowledge of trivia and TV shows.

That;' some obscure guilty pleasure list you've got going on there, dude...
Flag
Wow, Grey's Anatomy moved an hour earlier.
Flag
moving Shield to 9 on Tuesday is a very smart move. Whether you like NCIS or not, it is a juggernaut and hard to go up against. Probably get better ratings against NCIS LA.
Flag
I think SHIELD moving to 9 pm is a good idea, it's a darker show and a bit too heavy for 8 pm. Since I DVR Face Off anyway, I can watch SHIELD live. I'm really looking forward to Agent Carter, and it will work very well as a bridge show for SHIELD.
Flag
It's nice to see SHIELD possibly moved away from NCIS, however we won't know what the CBS and CW schedules will be like until tomorrow and Thrusday. Currently Supernatural is on at 9pm Tuesday, so it's possible it could go head-to-head with Supernatural. The FOX and NBC competition are sitcoms.

Forever looks interesting but 10pm Tuesday is currently the spot for Person of Interest, however it's possible that might be used for NCIS:NOLA and PoI moved.
Flag
I understand SHIELD's move back and hour, the latter episodes have had a 'darker' tone to it, so I think it could do well at 9/8c or even 10/9c if they wanted to get heavier. I guess Agent Carter won't have many episodes? I guess I'm fine with that, they can compact it some and hopefully avoid all the filler Agents of SHIELD went through. but I hope it will last more than one season, more Hayley Atwell is NEVER a bad thing.

Apart from Selfie and Agent Carter, and maybe The Whispers, all I'll be watching are my returning shows.
Flag
S.H.I.E.L.D. being moved back an hour makes me unhappy. I like to watch Faceoff at that time, and now it will be head-to-head. I will watch Agent Carter, Once Upon A Time, Shark Tank, and Galavant, meaning I will probably watch ABC more than any other network.
Flag
You know, at first I thought the SHIELD move was dumb, but actually that probably makes sense. Families haven't drawn heavily to the series at 8pm, might as well own the loss on NCIS and move forward.

The bridge programming idea could work too, but they have to build interest early and FOLLOW THROUGH.

Putting Black-ish behind Modern Family could work, but they better make the show really solid.

Oh poor Friday, that's sad.
Flag
Interesting move, putting old reliable Grey's Anatomy in the traditionally deadly for ABC 7 pm Thursdays slot. Considering a lot of people might be turned off by Sandra Oh's leaving at the end of this year, it'll be interesting to see if this is the beginning of the end for an ABC staple... Also, How to Get Away With Murder, despite the mouthful of a title, seems intriguing with a great cast. I think it'll do extremely well after Scandal, which hopefully will calm down a little in its fourth season.
Flag
Another site had Last Man Standing in its usual current time with Cristela afterwards. Is the above correct or is this? Honestly, I think both of these should be put on Sunday instead of Home Videos, but I guess ABC is afraid 60 Minutes and football will kill them and and can afford Home Videos to take the hit.

I am the type that would put The Goldbergs before The Middle, as it is set in the 80's, and I have a thing about chronology.

Nice to see S.H.I.E.L.D. bumped up.

I think Grey's Anatomy may get hurt being pushed back though.
Flag
Staff
We fixed the times on Friday nights, sorry about that.
Flag
This is another weird schedule. I don't understand why "SHIELD" is following two comedies. Other than that show and "Agent Carter" nothing looks to be of any interest. When the reviews start showing up I'll decide for certain, though.

I liked "Suburgatory" but I'm astonished "Selfie" got past the pilot stage even with Kapnek behind it.

"Galavant" is a musical. These things have a high risk of being embarrassing failures. Maybe I want to watch just to see how bad it'll be.
Flag
The Tuesday sitcoms are expendable, ABC knows they lost the war on viewers for the 8pm timeslot so they're going a totally different route, instead of trying to do action against NCIS they're doing comedies. The comedies are light and lead into the light action/drama fare of SHIELD which leads into Forever which is a little heavier but still a touch lighter than the average procedural (or at least so it seems). It's a pretty good flow. I think those are the wrong sitcoms to lead into SHIELD, but ABC doesn't really have anything that would work.
Flag
Can I say how happy I am to see they finally moved AOS to 9. Its not like I don't have other things to watch, its just now I can watch the whole episode without it cutting out on me (because POI starts at 10:01). And there might be less need for it to occasionally feel like we keep pre 8:30 stuff almost G rated, PG 13 after 8:30.
Flag
I'm pretty pleased with the move too. Also, super happy they're keeping Agent Carter as a bridge series.
Flag
I feel like I am still on pins and needles that ABC sticks with that decision, after all I think at this point in time last year OUAT Wonderland was supposed to just be a bridge between the Neverland half and the Wicked Witch half of the mothership. As I know the ABC president took fault for what happened there, and then saw that they didn't enjoy the gap in the season, that he will stick to his guns.
Flag
You had it on SHIELD. How heartbreaking/amazing were those FitzSimmons scenes though? Im still digesting. Fitz had better be alright next season! They're scaring me with all this talk of him never being the same...

I doubt they'd kill Felicity, if only because they'd have to be absolutely daft to go that direction. She's beloved, plus they can use her to tie in to the new Flash show. Sad that I kind of would be okay with Laurel dying though, if only because that would mean we could keep Sara? It'd be devastating for sure, but I still like Sara more...
Flag
Yea, I'm hoping they learn from that mistake and just leave it.

I just realized I keep talking about how I'm going to continue to watch SHIELD in the fall, but that really entirely depends on the fate of FitzSimmons tonight. Dying waiting for that finale.
Flag
Who's the arrow death? Swear to God, if it's Sara or Felicity I'm gonna be PISSED.
Flag
I know, the thing that has sort of saved me from really being anxious is that the showrunner from Arrow gave some cryptic interviews today where while I was all confident that one character was the one kidnapped, but have deduced she isn't, but that the character I thought was going to be kidnapped might be and holy crap this would be probably the most dramatic death this season on all shows (including Will Gardner from the Good Wife), so I am suddenly so concerned. I am still thinking Fitz's homing beacon is going off and they are just about to escape on their own when they are rescued by Nick Fury who I might think the open sea was the best place for him to hide after Captain America.
Flag
Great move for AoS and The Goldbergs.
Flag
The good news is I will be able to watch some of AOS live. Also I think 9 PM is a better time slot for it and will increase the likelihood of the season three.
The bad news, for two years in a row the new showed that I want to watch the most, this time Selfie, is in a time slot that pretty much guarantees it will be a DVR favorite, because I'm never going to be home at that time.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members