Blade: The Series

Descent

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jul 12, 2006 on Spike TV

• I don\'t know for the life of me why I like this series so much. It\'s not like it has the best acting, or storylines. ( I really do like Chase and Marcus though, they\'re the villians you love to hate).

7.8
    I don\'t know for the life of me why I like this series so much. It\'s not like it has the best acting, or storylines. ( I really do like Chase and Marcus though, they\'re the villians you love to hate). I miss Wesley Snipes as Blade oh, so much, and and yet every week I come back watching. It\'s just one of those guilty pleasures for me, and this week didn\'t fail to entertain.

We got some good Blade and Shen(funny as always) scenes today, and for once Blade got as much screen time as Krista in an episode. In some scenes it even seemed like Blade was loosing a little of the I\'m trying to intimate Wesley Snipes so I\'m faking a scruffy voice, but overall for the episode it stil was annoyingly there.

Krista was faced with her first vampire feeding since she began taking the serum, and she wigged out. While it probably raised Chase\'s suspicions, I could see her two options. She either could feed, and become the uncontrolable moral free vamp she was in the first episode, or she resist, like she did, and possibly alert the vampire community to what was giong on.

Apparently Chase uses AA meetings as a feeding ground. She thoroughly seems to enjoy the whole process of being a vampire: luring people in, getting there defenses down and then going in for the attack. It was fun seeing her act as a sleazy southern girl, and she was one of the most entertaining parts of the episode.

Overall it was a good episode, not great, but good. The hour did fly by for me, and I felt the ending was abrubt, so I know I\'ll be coming back next week.

Final Notes and Quotes:

- Detective Boone is still running around, although he didn\'t make an appearance in this episode.

- I finally figured out why the whole Krista plotline seemed so familiar. It reminds me very much of the early days of \'Alias\', except replace vampires with C.I.A. and terrorist.

- Krista doesn\'t seem to be getting along with her \"handler\" (Blade) and doesn\'t seem to be enjoying being a double agent for him, some more Alias similarities. (Okay, I\'m sure by now you\'ve figured out I was a fan of \'Alias\')

- We got another mention of a Vampire House today, (Agatha I believe?) and it looks like next week another house, The House of Lichen, will make an appearance.

- I enjoyed watching Shen jump around on the casino table as an angry gambler.

Final Rating: 3 out of 4 stars.

- Tim Bronx
    Find more reviews at www.motionpicturereviews.com