Blade: The Series Forums

Spike TV (ended 2006)

Official Episode Discussion:"Conclave"(*Spoilers*)

rate this episode

danharr

[1]Sep 12, 2006
    • level: 45
    The season finale enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

melbye80

[2]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 33
    We are finally there. let's hope it doesn't turn out to be the series finale

MysticSentai

[3]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 3
    HOLY CRAP! Chase was with the purebloods all along! DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!

firedrakes

[4]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 13
    lmao i did. but yeah i hope season 2 is made

Jones15

[5]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 30

Okay I knew for sure Chase wouldn't of died from falling all that way down and second just as I saw that scene after the battle. I figure that Marcus found out about Krista, but what got me is I thought he was going to snap her neck. So I'm like as if Krista is going to die.

This has been the best episode of Blade and I really hope it gets picked up.

crazybabecake

[6]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 13
    Great episode! I'll be bummed if they don't renew for season 2. I didn't see that either, Chase being with the pureboods. Not surprised though, with Marcus all Lovey-Dovey with Krista. I kind of figured Krista was the reason he found Blade's place. The guy must have like million spies, did she honestly think she could sneak around and have him not find out. I was glad he didn't get killed. Why would Krista think dropping Chase down a dozen flights of stairs would kill her? She survived that fire. Duh! Was I mistaken or was Chase's body gone at the end? I really couldn't tell what we were looking at. Great way to end the season!

makgambit

[7]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 11
    I loved this episode. My nails and eyes were hurting watching those two scenes. I loved how shen got to go along with blade this time

DrAbysmal

[8]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 2
    It was a puddle of blood, but no ash or body. It implies that the fall injured Chase, but did not kill her.

While I hope there is another season to continue the story, I think the ending was done in such a way that if the show is not renewed, everything can now be left to the imagination.

As for Marcus and Krista, he wasn't prepared to kill her just yet, he wanted to find out how long she was working for him and how much he knew through her. I don't see why he should be that surprised about it - Krista's brother worked for Blade, and Marcus DID murder him, did he not expect her to still try and get her revenge, even if he had turned her? I always thought he was way too trusting, even unrealistically so, of her. I just hope that if there's a season two, he doesn't get all soft and spare her life because he cares about her, his ruthlessness is a great part of his character and off-sets his well spoken charm. Whether he loves her or not, she betrayed him. Snap her neck.

DygitalNinja

[9]Sep 13, 2006

crazybabecake wrote:
    Great episode! I'll be bummed if they don't renew for season 2. I didn't see that either, Chase being with the pureboods. Not surprised though, with Marcus all Lovey-Dovey with Krista. I kind of figured Krista was the reason he found Blade's place. The guy must have like million spies, did she honestly think she could sneak around and have him not find out. I was glad he didn't get killed. Why would Krista think dropping Chase down a dozen flights of stairs would kill her? She survived that fire. Duh! Was I mistaken or was Chase's body gone at the end? I really couldn't tell what we were looking at. Great way to end the season!

Krista wasn't very carefull about how she contacted Blade, she regularly stopped by at his hideout ...called him directly using open lines, she was stupid enough to take serum right next to the blood pool at the house of Lichen and leave bottles of it lying around (she also kept serum in her room which wasn't too smart either)...when her mom was turned she even got into his car RIGHT OUTSIDE THE HOUSE OF CTTHON!!!!!!!(this was right after she got busted by Glynnes)

as for Chase working for Marcus. Great twist, but I saw it coming and of cousrse the Purebloods knew what was up with Marcus. Charolette called somebody (Chase maybe) before Blade killed her!!! And she's not stupid she was one of the oldest vampires ever.

I'm still sad Collins is dead...it would have been cool seeing him working this Blade to stop Marcus in this episode

If the show gets renewed the next Season 2 should be good. Marcus will be going underground on the run from the Vampire nation. Chase is basically the on the top of the food chain in Ctthon now. And if Krista escapes getting ashed via Marcus what will her role be with Blade and Shen now...(and whats up with those Vamps Shen whats revenge on)

Edited on 09/13/2006 8:51pm

dragon22a

[10]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 32
    will marcus snapping her neck even kill her. i think that she can just snap it right back into place. if anything he may tear her head clean off. now that will really show him as ruthless.
    Edited on 09/13/2006 8:57pm

DygitalNinja

[11]Sep 13, 2006
    dragon22a wrote:
    will marcus snapping her neck even kill her. i think that she can just snap it right back into place. if anything he may tear her head clean off. now that will really show him as ruthless.

that would be such a killer way to start the new season...

I also I really think Blade needs to do a better job of securing his hideouts. In this episodes vamps take out his whole system in about 2 minutes. In all 3 Blade movies, Blade's hideouts get infiltrated by Vampires.

danharr

[12]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 45
    Good finale I didn't expect Chase's betrayal and keeping her around is good but come on making Krista look like an idiot by thinking just dropping her would kill her.  I think they wrapped everything up nicely i'm not disappointed by the holes in the story to segway to season 2 good job.

arob22

[13]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 10

DygitalNinja wrote:
    dragon22a wrote:
    that would be such a killer way to start the new season... I also I really think Blade needs to do a better job of securing his hideouts. In this episodes vamps take out his whole system in about 2 minutes. In all 3 Blade movies, Blade's hideouts get infiltrated by Vampires.

Blade:  While Blade's away vampires come in and turn Whistler.

Blade 2: His new assistant lets vampires waltz in and fight him.

Trinity:  While Blades away Dracula wrecks house and Kidnaps Hannibal and the girl.

Series:  Marcus taps Kristas Call and they cause havoc.

Great season Finale loved when Blade gave it to marcus but glad they left it open for another season.

UltraTraveler

[14]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 9
    Chase's betrayal was expected from the beginning, for blending in twist. I guess she didn't know Marcus would have Charlotte killed, or did she and not to say a thing? I was kind of suspecting Marcus knowing Krista's business with Blade. It was further confirmed when Marcus seemed so interested in Krista torturing Shen. But Marcus loves Krista. Krist did save Marcus from Blade back then. And Marcus needs help now more than ever. If everything goes well, Marcus would probably still take Krista with him even after taking over the house. It would be interested to see how this develops in a second season.

tommy0122

[15]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 12
    Great show! Looking forward to next season.

Moviemaster2222

[16]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 16
    Loved the season finale, though I kinda suspected chase would betray him I still honestly didn't see it coming, I guess as of this episode we can assume that Marcus and Chase will be show villains instead of season villains, really hope this show keeps goingit got much better as it went on.

Greatest quote ever Blade,"Figures the sword of Cthon is a piece of s**t"

DygitalNinja

[17]Sep 14, 2006
    arob22 wrote:

DygitalNinja wrote:
    dragon22a wrote:
    that would be such a killer way to start the new season... I also I really think Blade needs to do a better job of securing his hideouts. In this episodes vamps take out his whole system in about 2 minutes. In all 3 Blade movies, Blade's hideouts get infiltrated by Vampires.

Blade:  While Blade's away vampires come in and turn Whistler.

Blade 2: His new assistant lets vampires waltz in and fight him.

Trinity:  While Blades away Dracula wrecks house and Kidnaps Hannibal and the girl.

Series:  Marcus taps Kristas Call and they cause havoc.

Great season Finale loved when Blade gave it to marcus but glad they left it open for another season.

For Trinity I was really thinking about when The Vampires set him up for that Familiar's(would the cops/loved ones have noticed him raising again and escaping the morgue) death and the FBI busted into Blade's hideout

what ticked me off about that even more was that They killed Whistler, its just stupid to bring a character back from the dead just to give them a cheap death in the next movie

RogueShadow0618

[18]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 8
    I agree with Ninja about the Hideout situation in Trinity as it was not Blades base of operation that Dracula trashed, it was the Nightstalkers.
    About the finale, when Marcus had Krista torture Shen I knew that he knew about Krista. But that on scene sure made MY nails hurt.

jdbond

[19]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 6
    So blade is an average vamp afterall according to this TV series. I mean marcus giving a good fight to blade while a "pure blood" beating the crap out of marcus! Obviously according to this TV series, Blade would stand no chance against a pureblood! As for as charecter of Blade goes, this TV serial is a joke.
    Edited on 09/14/2006 8:52am

tinker99

[20]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 9
    Marcus successfully finished aurora vaccine, huh? If so, why didn't he inject it to himself? or.. it works only for purebloods?