Blade: The Series

Turn of the Screw

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Aug 16, 2006 on Spike TV

• Forty-nine percent suspense. Fifty-one percent angst.

Last week, I was on the edge of my seat wondering whether or not Krista would vampirize her mother. Well, she did.

So, now, it was a question of whether or not she and Blade would be able to save Mrs. Starr that proved nerve-wracking. Especially, when it was revealed that she had escaped during the awesome "kick-ash" fight between Krista and Lady Charlotte's internal auditor. Whoa!

Equally awesome was the look on Agent Collins' face when he saw the two ladies vamp out in front of him. Dana Scully, herself, couldn't have looked more shocked, during the first season of X-FILES!!!

Best of all, of course, was the revelation that the bio-fluid recovered from Vanessa Simms is some kind of flesh-eating bacteria. Genetically engineered to affect only Pure-bloods. Well, that; plus my own shock at realizing that the whole Vegas deal was just an elaborate scam to capture Chase's old flame, as a guinea pig, for testing the stuff.

What a treacherous bee-yotch! She really had me thinking there was a good side to her, after all. But, like I said in my review of the pilot/premier: this show is going to prove delightfully Machiavellian.

So, I'm definitely tuning in for next week's episode. And, I daresay that's the one part of this review no one will disagree with. ;-)
  • coming together very well

this series has come from the bottom to a good level, thinking that they haveto compete with the movies of blade, that is not easy task let me tell you. In this episode the story becomes more deep with the inclusiomn of krista's mom as a vampire. A vampire made by krista to save her mother. Blade helps her to find her and sees that krista is a problem now. Now we now that the project aurora works and we find the real intention of marcus in thius series.
  • Awesome episode.

Krista's turns her mom into a vampire, it turns out to be a bad idea when her mom Lisa quickly becomes an addict and attacks her uncle. Blade helps out in finding Krista's mom but they might be too late, she fed too many times already, even though they take her to Blade's hide out they fail to turn off the effects of the thirst. This episode is action packed, it's really exciting, the scenes were fast paced, and the drama was not lame. It's an action packed episode, the vampire effects were so cool. I really loved this episode.
  • Forty-nine percent suspense. Fifty-one percent angst.

What a treacherous bee-yotch! She really had me thinking there was a good side to her, after all. But, like I said in my review of the pilot/premier: this show is proving to be delightfully Machiavellian.

• Krista's newly turned mother is out on the loose, while Agent Collins questions Marcus. Aurora's purpose is finally exposed.

Maybe it's my lack of a life or maybe this series is just really great (I think it's both). Turn of the Screw was succesful in providing us with more plot points, character development and some nice ass kicking.

I really enjoyed how Chase got more screen time this round (we only saw her for like 30 seconds last episode.) She's an awesome character and showed us that she can be deceiving and trick people into things. Which is just the best qualities for a villian to have. I was a little concerned for awhile.. i did think that Marcus was pissed.. i guess he's tricky too.

I'm all for mother-daughter relationships but i'm relieved that Krista's mom is ashed and out of the story. She liked to suck (pun intended) up screen time. I think that the non-existence of Krista's family will really add to Krista's character and maybe sway her to embrace her vampirism more. So I must keep watching for that.

I liked how Blade showed some compassion toward Krista for not ashing her mom right away. Atleast he gave her mom a chance with the serum, and when it came down to it, let Krista do the deed. Which i'm sure will land her therapy some day, but it makes for a good plot.

Finally, we found out the secret to Aurora. I was beginning to wonder how long they were going to make us wait. It's not like we are immortal and will live forever. Aurora is great (well its death but great death). We can kill the purebloods. Well more like boil their blood and turn them into balck skeletons.

So this was an awesome episode and everybody should keep watching this show.
  • This episode is full of twists and turns. *contains Spoilers

First of all, I have to say that the writers did an excellent job. Not only was it better than the previous episode, I personally think this was the best episode on Blade so far.

\"Turn of The Screw\" is revealing and makes you want to watch more and more. It really shows Chase\'s character in which she can be very evil.

Then it also reveals Marcus\' master Plan. To kill purebloods so that he and the turned vampires can rule the Vampire Nation. Mwahahahah!!! That\'s so like him.

Then there was the twist(s) in the episode that really struck my cord. I was stunned. I bit all my nails.

I really can\'t wait \'till the next episode.
  • Much better than the previous episode. (some spoilers)

This show was definately better than the previous one (and most of the ones before it). A lot more action.

Finding out what the substance in that 'pregnant' woman was actually to mix with aurora to kill purebloods was very exciting. That was the 'side project' marcus was working on he didn't want the child pureblood to find out.

Looks like he wants to exterminate all purebloods so that the 'infected' vampires can then rule the vampire empire.

I honestly didn't expect things with Krista's mother to turn out like that. But they didn't actually showed her mother dying, so I really am looking forward to the next episode now.