Blake's 7 Forums

BBC (ended 1981)

Who else liked Blake's 7?

bmoshier

[1]Oct 11, 2006
    • level: 46

It has been awhile since I saw a Black 7 episode but I enjoyed watching them.  Anyone else?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nachtfalter

[2]Oct 11, 2006
    • level: 19
    Yeah, me! I love Blake's 7, it was a great show. Avon is my favourite tv character, by the way.

bmoshier

[3]Oct 11, 2006
    Hey Nachtfalter, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one here!

Nachtfalter

[4]Oct 12, 2006
    My thought exactly. *g* And I'm glad you started the first forum entry for Blake's 7. Nice to see that this old show has still some fans.

bmoshier

[5]Oct 19, 2006

Nachtfalter wrote:
    My thought exactly. *g* And I'm glad you started the first forum entry for Blake's 7. Nice to see that this old show has still some fans.

Thanks!  Any suggestions on threads to open?

Nachtfalter

[6]Oct 19, 2006
    Hm, since we seem to be the only ones who who will participate in any discussions... What about the usual to start with, say, favourite characters, episodes etc. Hopefully, someone will join in later.
    Uh, about your other question, I haven't any DVDs yet, I'm still saving money (bloody expensive these boxes, and hard to come by here in Germany too). As soon as I have one, I will let you know, but I'm afraid this won't be anytime soon. Maybe around Christmas...

bmoshier

[7]Oct 20, 2006

Yeah, I understand on the cost.

Honestly, it has been several years since I saw an episode.  I remember not really liking it until it was near the end (before it ended, though) and then I couldn't get enough.

As for characters and episodes, I'll admit I need to watch them again to be specific.  I have some memories of being on the ship, teleporting, the arguing, etc., but nothing specific enough to say.

Nachtfalter

[8]Oct 20, 2006
    Oh dear, me and my lack of patience, I ordered the season 2 box yesterday... I got it for 45.99 € (I think this would be 58$) instead of 79 €, so I just had to. *g* And no shipping charges. I sent you the link of the shop per pm, because I don't know if I'm allowed to post it here. They ship worldwide - without charges.

bmoshier

[9]Oct 20, 2006
    Thanks!

Nachtfalter

[10]Oct 20, 2006
    You're welcome.

rickyn2

[11]Oct 29, 2006
    • level: 22

I loved blake's 7 too. Uk Gold showed re-runs a few years ago. Remember some of the eps,  but not that many. 

I guess one of my favourite eps was the one wher Gan died. Also when Orac predicted the destruction of  the Liberator. Do you remember when they killed the Servalan (spelling?) cloned embryos?   She was great and sexy too.

Edited on 10/29/2006 8:29am

Nachtfalter

[12]Oct 29, 2006
    Hey, another fan!
    Yes, Servalan was one hell of an evil woman, wasn't she? I can't think of any other female villain who was more vicious than her. When I first saw Farscape a couple of years ago, Mele-On Grayza kind of reminded me of her, but she never reached Servalan's standard.

Nachtfalter

[14]Nov 5, 2006
    LMH68 wrote:
    How does it stand up to viewing now?

Oh, it stands up very well, for me at least. Well, let's not talk about the special effects', but if you can bear the classic Who episodes, than you shouldn't have a problem with Blake's 7.
    The main reasons why I love this series so much are 1) the characters, especially Avon, 2) the dialogues, and 3) the story.

LMH68 wrote:
    Most cheesy memory - Blue Peter showing us how to make Blake's 7 gear

They put this one on the season 4 DVD special ("how to make your own Liberator bracelet").

supperkat

[15]Dec 1, 2006
    • level: 6
    Yeah,I caught this before in went of the air in 1981 man I was just getting into it before it was gone from the air. I was interested in getting maybe download of the show or the DVD on Amazon.com.It's a cool show man they should remake but not on video put on film for tv networks. Or a mini series like a ten part movie a episode one every week.I needed my sci-fi fix.I guess I'll have to wait for Star Wars in 2007!

orac666

[16]Dec 5, 2006
    • level: 2
    I'd snap it up in a heartbeat if it ever came out on DVD in the states.  I have the whole run on the mid 90's VHS releases, but the tapes have seen their better days.

The ending of the series has to be the best ending to a TV show ever.

siftybastard

[17]Jan 9, 2007
    And just when you thought the thread was dying, another B7 fan pops up to say his piece.

I loved the show, and could never get enough of it down here.  I'm a huge doctor who fan, and love terry nations contributions there too.  He sure knew how to create space nasties.  it would be great to see his work revived and brought into the 21st Century, like they have done with many other older scifi shows (like Doctor Who, and Battlestar Gallactica)

And it seems like it is finally going to happen, with the audio plays being released this year.  is this a wise move? or should they have just gone to TV from the start?  remake the old, then make some new?

comments?

Hal_10000

[18]Jan 16, 2007
    • level: 38
    I like the series so much, I couldn't wait for region 1. My Aussie wife has an all-region player so I went ahead and paid the shipping to get the DVDs, replacing my old public television VHS tapes.

For US fans, Blake's 7 was inextricably linked with Doctor Who. They were usually shown on the same night or at least cross-advertised. I was hoping that revival of Who would lead to renewed interest in Blake. No suck luck so far.

It's hard to find, but you should seek out Tony Attwood's "Afterlife", a sequel to the series finale. It's quite good -- and make Avon even more interesting. It evens wraps up some mysteries raised in "Terminal".

rickard5

[19]Jan 17, 2007
    • level: 1
    Avon for dictator

supperkat

[20]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 6
    It's a great show and good sci-fi for thoughs who the genre. It's classic sci-fi tv can't get any better than that. Just like DR.WHO back in the 70' and 80's. Like I said before the show remake this show I'll be great to see it again. Put it on Saturday @ 11: AM