Bleach

Conclusion of the Death Match! White Pride and Black Desire

Aired Tuesday 7:00 PM Nov 22, 2005 on TV Tokyo

• Suspenseful and dramatic.

It seems that whether it's Ichigo or Byakuya, they each have a new weapon or technique up their sleeve they use to one up each other. Byakuya releases his annihilate form of his bankai, and when all hope is lost for Ichigo, his hollow form takes over and easily takes care of Byakuya. Like in all major fights, this one ended in a typical "the last attack determines the winner" fashion, and you can expect who won. The fight was rather entertaining with some twists here and there, most notably Ichigo's hollow form taking over, but it was pretty predictable.
  • The final part of the epic fight between Byakuya and Ichigo...with a guest appearance from Super Special Awesome hollow!!

Wow this episode really caught my eye. The fact that Ichigo's bankai is having negative effects shows the audience that he is still trying to master it, and yet can kick the crap out of Byakuya. Also the fact that the hollow appeared and started pulverizing him makes this episode way better. This is the episode that truly made me appreciate this anime. It was pretty original in my books and happen very excellent animation done for it. We also get to see different moves that ichigo's bankai can do when the hollow takes over and it goes to show you that more will be in store for us as the series progresses. I give this episode 10/10 for being my favourite episode
  • Best episode I have ever seen!

The conclusion to the most anticipated battle in the show up till this point ever since Kuchiki destroyed Ichigo's death god powers. The reveal of ichigo's inner hollow was simply genius as it would ultimately foreshadow the inner struggle within Ichigo's soul. i.e Dark side vs the Light side. This episode actually made Byugaya one of my favorite characters int the show, he is amazingly powerful yet graceful. This is simply one of the best anime I have ever seen and I am very proud to say i watch it, but as for this episode, it was amazing, what else can I say, Ban...KAIIII!!!!!
  • The conclusion of the fight between Kuchiki Byayuka and Ichigo

This episode mainly focuses on the fight between Kurosaki Ichigo and Kuchiki Byayuka. They are fighting for a while and then Byayuka uses his Scatter technique but Ichigo has learnt the Flash Step so he avoids the attacks. However, Ichigo then tells Byayuka to use his Bankai. Kuchiki Byayuka sends out his Bankai which is an arena of pink swords. Ichigo gets hit and then he tries to use his lash Step to move faster. Byayuka however, tells Ichigo that Ichigo had slowed down. Ichigo then takes a beating and when he collapses, his Hollow side takes over and starts hitting Byayuka. However, the normal Ichigo controls the Hollow Ichigo and rips off his mask. Eventually, Byayuka tells Ichigo why he wants to kill Rukia. Meanwhile whitey-chan and the tall ginger woman make a shocking discovery in The Office of the Forty-Six and Orihime and the gang find Ichigo.
  • The time has come for the showdown between Ichigo and Byakuya. This episode is a proud episode for the show for it takes a turn in each line. Already Ichigo has revealed his maximium power but what of his hidden source. Is Byakuya done with this move?

It all starts off within Byakuya\'s Bankai\'s true form which is Thousand Cherry Blossoms Brutal Shadows. Ichigo is trapped between a thousand blades and his worse enemy or arch rival so to speak. The one person that showed Ichigo that he was not strong enough to save everyone. No it shows more so then that.

When Byakuya first took him down it shattered Ichigo\'s pride but only made him want to bring Rukia back even more. Now it was time to show that he was not just a fly in the way of the swatter. He was the wall in front of the car and he is not going down without a fight. They go neck and neck, fighting mono o mono but something is not right, Byakuya is getting faster or is Ichigo getting slower?

It turns out that being within those walls of blades Ichigo would loose power every moment he was within there and by the next attack he was unable to move himself. The sword itself would not lift, his eyes were shutting and right before his journey was ended, something happened. That same evil that he had seemingly defeated before arose from the bowels of his soul and released itself on it\'s own accord. Jumping right into the battle and proving to both Ichigo and Byakuya that maybe theres more that they must gain. Or at least Ichigo knows that theres more to gain to get rid of the curse that haunts his soul.

The conflict raged between foe and foe and the Captain himself was failing to stop the brutal assault of the Hollow. Right before a fatal attack was made, Ichigo struggled to regain his body, and regain the pride that was just stolen from him. He wanted to win on his own so that he knows that he could. That it was he who saved Rukia, not him. So once he ripped the mask off it was amazing to see just how the battle came to the final ounce of power. Each giving his all and in the end, it was not Ichigo\'s power that won but his reasoning.

We see that he had finally conquered the hill, rose onto the pedastal and made himself a new person. It was a step into another ring for Ichigo and it showed the potential of the show at it\'s best. This episode held both drama, action, and even a bit of horror in the mix. One of the best, not my favorite but still ranks high on the list.