Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

1st Bleach movie on [adult swim].

jah1415

[1]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 12

Looks like adult swim really love bleach and are giving anime movie another shot. On my schedule it list bleach Memories of Nobody on September 5th. They also ran commercials of it. They also ran promos to promote the new hueco mundo arc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQpFbUQPcM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sw6kEdK_Ek

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

YamiGuzz

[2]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 15
    It seems AS is giving Bleach a chance to shine. Pretty good, i can't wait to see it. I haven't seen the first movie.

danharr

[3]Aug 25, 2009
    • level: 45
    Now this is going to be awesome hope the show arc and the movie coincide I don't want spoiler for the show.

Fishbulb13

[4]Aug 25, 2009
    • level: 16
    I don't believe there are any spoilers in the first movie.

Llama_guy

[5]Aug 27, 2009
    • level: 53
    Fishbulb13 wrote:
    As long as you've watched past episode 116 (revelation of Rukia's shikai), there's no spoiler.

game_man1

[6]Aug 27, 2009
    • level: 8

Llama_guy wrote:
    Fishbulb13 wrote:
    As long as you've watched past episode 116 (revelation of Rukia's shikai), there's no spoiler.

well actually the movie did premier before that episode so rukia's shikai was actually first seen animated in the movie.

Brodoin15

[7]Sep 2, 2009
    • level: 20

Personally, I'm glad to see [as] giving their anime some respect. I'll watch this for sure, help give it higher ratings to hopefully help get them to air other movies.

Honestly, I think they do like, at least, Bleach. They just don't want to admit it.

Crash6

[8]Sep 5, 2009
    • level: 6
    Less than a half hour left!!!!!!!

YamiGuzz

[9]Sep 6, 2009
    I gotta say the movie was pretty good. It's a shame i had to wait almost 2 years to see it. Anyway it's about time AS started showing movies again. Maybe they'll show the FMA movie later on, hopefully.

warnerbroman

[10]Sep 6, 2009
    12 hours ago it was awesome
    Edited on 09/06/2009 9:50am

Brodoin15

[11]Sep 6, 2009

YamiGuzz wrote:
    I gotta say the movie was pretty good. It's a shame i had to wait almost 2 years to see it. Anyway it's about time AS started showing movies again. Maybe they'll show the FMA movie later on, hopefully.

I don't know what the ratings were, but if they were high, and if we're lucky, it might make the people at [as] think: "Maybe we should air more anime movies."

S-Shield

[12]Sep 6, 2009
    • level: 21

Yeah, when the Vizard arc started at the same time they started playing two episodes a night, AS said that Bleach got their highest ratings in a while, better than King of the Hill even. So I think Bleach is pretty well-respected at the AS offices

For some reason I didn't much like the first movie when I first saw it online. But when I watched it last night, I loved it. Maybe I was just in a bad mood that day, and so my expectations where really low this viewing (I just watched it because nothing else was on), so there was nowhere to go but up. Of course, getting to actually listen to it instead of reading it probably helped, as did being in a comfy chair instead of in front of the computer in the basement.

Whatever the case, I really enjoyed it. I liked Movie 2 about 100x better, so now I'm really looking forward to them showing that one on AS.

Fishbulb13

[13]Sep 7, 2009
    • level: 16
    Brodoin15 wrote:
    Personally, I'm glad to see [as] giving their anime some respect. I'll watch this for sure, help give it higher ratings to hopefully help get them to air other movies.

Honestly, I think they do like, at least, Bleach. They just don't want to admit it.

Once DBZ, Inuyasha, and FMA were done running, and they could no longer milk the repeats, Bleach filled the hole a little bit with pretty good ratings. I honestly think they could do well with One Piece, but that may just be me.

dancingbeatle

[14]Sep 8, 2009
    Doesn't help that most of their anime shows have been completed. I wonder if showing Naruto: Shippuden would help.

SsriTelQuessir

[15]Sep 8, 2009
    • level: 26
    I am waiting for Could to chime in on this. I missed it - my overnight job doesn't have cabel any more. Haven't seen adult swim in about a year. I am curious about who did the voice acting for Senna.

game_man1

[16]Sep 8, 2009
    • level: 8

SsriTelQuessir wrote:
    I am waiting for Could to chime in on this. I missed it - my overnight job doesn't have cabel any more. Haven't seen adult swim in about a year. I am curious about who did the voice acting for Senna.

well according to anime news network Gina Bowes did the voice of Senna.

skaizun

[17]Sep 9, 2009

POSSIBLE SPOILER!

I was a little disappointed in the story line. Although it was fast paced and stood pretty much on its own (i.e., except for the parts about Bankai and of the personal relationships, anyone could have watched and understood it without having seen the series), I thought it was little more than an extension of the series, rather than a separate movie, unlike the Naruto series and movies shown on Cartoon Network, which stood perfectly well on their own. I liked the character of "Senna" and had hoped that she would have been able to be recruited as a Soul Reaper, though I still don't understand how she got their powers or a Zanpaktou, despite the glossed-over explanation given within the movie. I was also very surprised that the other Soul Reapers weren't given proper credit or thanks for their bravery and efforts when it was all over. Overall, I have the feeling that it was originally intended to be serialized, and, probably, would have been a good one, but, perhaps, they couldn't figure out a good place to put it in the regular series. I'm giving it a C+.

Edited on 09/09/2009 1:44am
    Edited 2 total times.

danharr

[18]Sep 24, 2009
    It was ok too many characters I like to see the talent of a few put on display really wanted to see Kenpachi destory that place and yes the storyline was weak.