Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

bleach movie 3 (spoilers)

game_man1

[1]Oct 4, 2009
    • level: 8

so the 3rd bleach movie is finally subbed and i'm wondering what everyone thought.

personally i think this is the best one yet the story was great and the action sequences were awseome. they really seemed to find a good balance between the talking and action. plus urohara gets to fight a bit and that alone made this movie great.

Edited on 10/04/2009 4:51pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nyfan

[2]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 20

Despite no Orihime, Chad, and Uryu, I liked it. Always helps that is focuses on a canon character, instead of introducing a new character like the first movie or the New Captain arc.

Just like in the second movie, I empathis with the villain oppose to the villains in movie one in which they came off of just whining about everything and blaming the Soul Society.

KingofIPirates

[3]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 32
    Eh, didn't know a Bleach movie came out.. better go watch it.

NaveGIn

[4]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 1
    A good movie, I think it's much better than the second movie and at least as good as the first. The central plot reminds alot of early bleach but without any of Ichigo's non-shinigami friends. I was also surprised at kon's fairly large role (in comparison to his normal role) in the movie as a supporting character, but I think it mostly works out (except for one part where you're kinda of asked to take a stuffed lion's tears seriously). My favorite quirk is probably Mayuri having backup memories.

virginia17

[5]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 25

Well, it looks like DiamondDust Rebellion remains my favorite Bleach movie.

To me, this movie was the most dramatic and depressing (mostly at the end of the fight), of course, when it involves Rukia, it's always like that.

And what I hated most was that Uryū, Chad, and Orihime, whom are primary characters along with Ichigo and Rukia, were totally absent while Urahara and the useless, obnoxious modsoul character Kon (neither whom are primary characters) get plenty of screen time. It's so unfair and being an Uryū fan, I find that an outrage!

Edited on 10/05/2009 2:48pm

KingofIPirates

[6]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 32
    Mediocre movie at best, was relatively mundane and dull throughout. I agree that Diamond Dust Rebellion remains the best movie.

OneNotTaken

[7]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 21
    I thought the story of this movie was the best, but that Diamond Dust was much more superficially entertaining. This story appeased me more because it is far more plausible, and doesn't severely clash with any established canon material, and it was just more interesting. The story of Diamond Dust bothered me because it makes absolutely no sense that two people would have the same zanpaktou spirit, and thus the whole premise just irritated me... but the animation and fight scenes were supremely entertaining... so to me, the 2nd and 3rd movies were around the same overall quality.

peaceknuckle

[8]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 15
    I pretty much agree, but the supreme amounts of Rukia-ness in this movie downgrade the enjoyment level for me. I think I actually like both of the first two better.

OneNotTaken

[9]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 21
    Just out of curiosity, is there absolutely any canon evidence to support that urahara has, or could use the ability he does in the movie where he fires multiple beams from his shield at once?... as far as I know, it's completely filler fabricated, but I just wanted to be sure.

peaceknuckle

[10]Oct 9, 2009
    He hasn't used the shield for anything but to block, and hasn't even come close to using that ability anywhere in the manga or anime. So yeah, completely filler.

framebreak01

[11]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 9

I had mixed feelings about this one. It seemed to be a combination of old stuff more than a new movie.

First of all it was about memories. While it didn't have the same plot as Memories Of Nobody, I still felt like they could have went in a different direction.

Second, it was like watching the SS arc all over again. Rukia's in trouble, Ichigo gos to SS to save her, everyone in SS is his enemy etc.. It couldn't get anymore similar.

Third, I'm sure I wasn't the only one who noticed they borrowed a little form the Pendulum arc. Kisuke visiting Mayuri in jail was just like when he came to see him in the Maggot's Nest. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing for me.

Foutrh, the end of the movie was just like the end of the last movie. The entire Gotei 13 having an all out battle against some giant enemy/construct or whatever. Oh and I almost forgot, said enemy also changed the way Seireitei looked, just like in the last movie.

Despite all that I loved all the fights, especially Ichigo vs Renji. Like someone else said, seeing Kisuke fight is always a plus. Rukia looked awesome at the end and all the fight animation was excellent. I would say that this was the worst movie of the 3 but not necessarily a bad movie. It could have been better if it had a lot more originality.

Edited on 10/09/2009 9:07pm
    Edited 2 total times.

peaceknuckle

[12]Oct 9, 2009
    I got kind of bored with the repetitiveness of the last half of the movie. Ichigo tracks down Rukia, says why don't you remember me, we're nakama, Rukia has an aneurysm, her little Inuziri buddies get ticked off and run away. Wash, rinse, repeat. The fighting wasn't really all that great either, the only plus for me was seeing Urahara in action.

rockyking

[13]Oct 16, 2009
    • level: 6
    OneNotTaken wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, is there absolutely any canon evidence to support that urahara has, or could use the ability he does in the movie where he fires multiple beams from his shield at once?... as far as I know, it's completely filler fabricated, but I just wanted to be sure.

it was on Soul Carnival ( the last Bleach game )

SsriTelQuessir

[14]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 26

This one was my least favorit of the movies. I thought that the premis had some potential, but it was inadiquately developed or explaned. The action sequences were ok, but nothing to write home about. For me, it had the feel of a long filler episode. Glad I saw it, but I won't rewatch it like the Dimond Dust Rebelion or Memories of Senna.

YamiGuzz

[15]Nov 8, 2009
    It was a good movie, but it could have been better. And why did Uruhara wear the goeti jacket again?

Diamond Dust had the best story, hands down.