TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

Bleach Tournament!!!! Championship...Aizen vs. Yamamoto (SPOILERS probably)

Who would win this fight?

  • Avatar of cartoonsrdbest

    cartoonsrdbest

    [21]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 10/01/07
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 1,641
    I think Nel would win, for some reason I think Gin's being overestimated.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of could107

    could107

    [22]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 03/28/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 753
    YoruichiMeow wrote:
    I'm voting for Nel. Not sure why, I just think she'd win. Also, I'm scared of lions.
    Speaking of Leons. Where is our purple friend?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of YoruichiMeow

    YoruichiMeow

    [23]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 02/21/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,412
    He'll pop by when he's good and ready, I'm sure.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LeonMorado

    LeonMorado

    [24]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 11/25/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 5,332
    .....around.

    nel would pwn! and that's probably only 35%-40% fanboy gushing. she held up against nnoitra better than kenpachi did before he started bleeding all over the place and got serious, and she could have probably finished him off if she hadn't poofed. gin hasn't shown much of his fighing ability, but what he has shown wasn't particularly impressive.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of could107

    could107

    [25]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 03/28/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 753
    LeonMorado wrote:
    .....around. nel would pwn! and that's probably only 35%-40% fanboy gushing. she held up against nnoitra better than kenpachi did before he started bleeding all over the place and got serious, and she could have probably finished him off if she hadn't poofed. gin hasn't shown much of his fighing ability, but what he has shown wasn't particularly impressive.
    You know what I'm gonna disaggre just for the heck of it. Nel was kinda even for awhile with Nnoitra. Besides Kenpachi always bleeds a lot serious or not. Plus Nel needed her release just to hurt him in non released form. So if Nnoitra released he very well may hav ewon. We'll never know. I think we just got off topic.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LeonMorado

    LeonMorado

    [26]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 11/25/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 5,332
    could107 wrote:
    LeonMorado wrote:
    .....around. nel would pwn! and that's probably only 35%-40% fanboy gushing. she held up against nnoitra better than kenpachi did before he started bleeding all over the place and got serious, and she could have probably finished him off if she hadn't poofed. gin hasn't shown much of his fighing ability, but what he has shown wasn't particularly impressive.
    You know what I'm gonna disaggre just for the heck of it. Nel was kinda even for awhile with Nnoitra. Besides Kenpachi always bleeds a lot serious or not. Plus Nel needed her release just to hurt him in non released form. So if Nnoitra released he very well may hav ewon. We'll never know. I think we just got off topic.
    off topic my arse

    ***SPOILER***
    nnoitra couldn't lay a scratch on her. she only released to finish the fight faster so no one else would get hurt.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of could107

    could107

    [27]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 03/28/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 753
    LeonMorado wrote:
    could107 wrote:
    LeonMorado wrote:
    .....around. nel would pwn! and that's probably only 35%-40% fanboy gushing. she held up against nnoitra better than kenpachi did before he started bleeding all over the place and got serious, and she could have probably finished him off if she hadn't poofed. gin hasn't shown much of his fighing ability, but what he has shown wasn't particularly impressive.
    You know what I'm gonna disaggre just for the heck of it. Nel was kinda even for awhile with Nnoitra. Besides Kenpachi always bleeds a lot serious or not. Plus Nel needed her release just to hurt him in non released form. So if Nnoitra released he very well may hav ewon. We'll never know. I think we just got off topic.
    off topic my arse

    ***SPOILER***
    nnoitra couldn't lay a scratch on her. she only released to finish the fight faster so no one else would get hurt.
    What were they're ranks before the poof incident?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lstinwonderland

    lstinwonderland

    [28]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 02/25/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 2,838
    Hmmm, I went with Gin. I think he's up there with Aizen for a reason. I believe he held back in his fight with Toshiro because he didn't think he would be much, plus we haven't seen his Bankai.
    Edited on 02/06/2009 8:22am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Llama_guy

    Llama_guy

    [29]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 02/26/06
    • level: 53
    • rank: Commander in Chief
    • posts: 2,836
    could107 wrote:
    LeonMorado wrote:
    could107 wrote:
    LeonMorado wrote:
    .....around. nel would pwn! and that's probably only 35%-40% fanboy gushing. she held up against nnoitra better than kenpachi did before he started bleeding all over the place and got serious, and she could have probably finished him off if she hadn't poofed. gin hasn't shown much of his fighing ability, but what he has shown wasn't particularly impressive.
    You know what I'm gonna disaggre just for the heck of it. Nel was kinda even for awhile with Nnoitra. Besides Kenpachi always bleeds a lot serious or not. Plus Nel needed her release just to hurt him in non released form. So if Nnoitra released he very well may hav ewon. We'll never know. I think we just got off topic.
    off topic my arse

    ***SPOILER***
    nnoitra couldn't lay a scratch on her. she only released to finish the fight faster so no one else would get hurt.
    What were they're ranks before the poof incident?
    Nel was 3 and Nnoitra was 8...

    Also, I'm absolutely not sure who'd win. Nel seems pwoerful, but we haven't seen so much of Gin. As lst said, he's there with Aizen for a reason. Now that I think back, wasn't he something of a child prodigy (or at least very powerful while we was still young)? I'm running Gin on this one.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LordMordor

    LordMordor

    [30]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 11/04/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,519
    Llama_guy wrote:
    could107 wrote:
    LeonMorado wrote:
    could107 wrote:
    LeonMorado wrote:
    .....around. nel would pwn! and that's probably only 35%-40% fanboy gushing. she held up against nnoitra better than kenpachi did before he started bleeding all over the place and got serious, and she could have probably finished him off if she hadn't poofed. gin hasn't shown much of his fighing ability, but what he has shown wasn't particularly impressive.
    You know what I'm gonna disaggre just for the heck of it. Nel was kinda even for awhile with Nnoitra. Besides Kenpachi always bleeds a lot serious or not. Plus Nel needed her release just to hurt him in non released form. So if Nnoitra released he very well may hav ewon. We'll never know. I think we just got off topic.
    off topic my arse

    ***SPOILER***
    nnoitra couldn't lay a scratch on her. she only released to finish the fight faster so no one else would get hurt.
    What were they're ranks before the poof incident?
    Nel was 3 and Nnoitra was 8...

    Gin killed the third seat officer of the 5th division when he was around the same age he and Rangiku meet, and even then Aizen trusted him enough to bring him with him when he confronted Shinji.

    I'm keeping my vote for Gin.

    as for Nel and Nnoitra, they were fairly even in their unreleased states, Nel knew how strong Nnoitra's skin was so it makes sense she would be able to peirce it. Kenpachi was able to as well once he got used to is unusual strenght. I'm fairly sure that if Nnoitra released the two would still be reletively even.

    Also, I'm absolutely not sure who'd win. Nel seems pwoerful, but we haven't seen so much of Gin. As lst said, he's there with Aizen for a reason. Now that I think back, wasn't he something of a child prodigy (or at least very powerful while we was still young)? I'm running Gin on this one.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wolf17128

    wolf17128

    [31]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 11/03/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 7
    Neliel would destroy him! I dont get why you all are going for ichimaru. It's true we know little of either of the characters, but Neliel was the former third espada. People say it doesnt matter and that the rankings have changed dramatically, but she's at least stronger than ichigo and kenpachi. Her power level is amazing! She probably could retake her seat (although Halibel would pose a serious challenge; I think their power levels are similar). True, she could revert back to a child at anytime; but remember that she can heal herself with her saliva/vomit and could possibly heal the wound on her head and keep herself in her true form. Look at how she destroyed nnoitra! (he told her he was kicking her ass, but who was doing the ass kicking? and when she released, he didnt even bother releasing b/c he knew he didnt have a chance against her form). I hope I've convinved someone out there on Neliels superiority! I could see her going all the way; maybe getting beat by Aizen or one of the top two espada. She has the strengh, intelligence, and heart to win this fight. How could you vote against her?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of wolf17128

    wolf17128

    [32]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 11/03/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 7
    btw I do believe Ichimaru is powerful as well, but he seems unreliable, and simply as a pawn to Aizen. He's smart and creepy, but no match for Neliel. She hit Nnoitra on her first attempt and sent blood spewing, while kenpachi took forever just to get one scratch on him (and I know that if it was Kenpachi vs. Ichimaru, Kenpachi would be up on the votes). And, as far as we know, Neliel has never been touched in (fair) battle. Her only scar (that we know of) is on her mask and thats from an unfair doubleteaming. I think vs nnoitra was the first time she released too (to quickly end the fight, I think she kinda knew her time was running out)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of peaceknuckle

    peaceknuckle

    [33]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 10/19/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,388

    I don't disagree that Neliel is strong, she did pwn Nnoitre. But Nnoitre was unreleased, and I'm pretty sure he didn't hold back from releasing because he didn't think it would do any good. He seems more like that he would want to prove how strong he was to her, no way he doesn't release if she had landed that blow and left him alive like she said she would.

    I always kind of viewed Ichimaru as how Hitsuguya would turn out if he were evil. He seems like he's extremely gifted, but it's like he doesn't take anything very serious. He's been Aizen's protege for over 100 years, so I guess my vote goes more on what Gin can be potential than what we've seen from him. We've already seen what Neliel's limits are with the cracked mask leaking reiatsu she can't hold her released form for very long. Gins potential > Neliel's limits

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of horacus

    horacus

    [34]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 01/10/08
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 788
    An other close one, but I like to think that Gin is the right hand of aizen for something, even I think it will be a close battle. I go with Nel, I like her character better and we know her abilities better than ichimaru.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of talimgirl

    talimgirl

    [35]Feb 5, 2009
    • member since: 09/21/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 146
    Nel runs too much of a risk of turning back into a child in the middle of the fight, and Gin is super fast. I have to go with Gin.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SsriTelQuessir

    SsriTelQuessir

    [36]Feb 6, 2009
    • member since: 04/15/07
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 3,477

    I'm going with Nel on this one. I recall the fight between Gin and Toshiro in the SS arc, Toshiro came away from that one with what I would call a slight edge - Gin was injured, and Toshiro was not, despite Gin's trickery. Now, my thoughts on Toshiro is that he's on the bottom half of the captain strength scale, so I put Gin there as well.

    Now, I'm giving this vote to Neliel on the conceptual possiblility that she won't pop back into a child.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of peaceknuckle

    peaceknuckle

    [37]Feb 6, 2009
    • member since: 10/19/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,388
    SsriTelQuessir wrote:

    I'm going with Nel on this one. I recall the fight between Gin and Toshiro in the SS arc, Toshiro came away from that one with what I would call a slight edge - Gin was injured, and Toshiro was not, despite Gin's trickery. Now, my thoughts on Toshiro is that he's on the bottom half of the captain strength scale, so I put Gin there as well.

    Now, I'm giving this vote to Neliel on the conceptual possiblility that she won't pop back into a child.

    I always try to view the SS fights by their context and not the results. There is very little doubt in my mind that Ichimaru was toying with Toushiro all the way up until the end of the fight. His purpouse was to draw all blame for the Aizen murder and conspiracy towards himself, not to take out Toushiro. After reading TBTP arc, it just seemed to me that Gin was the Toushiro of 100 years ago, the child prodigy who killed a 3rd seat with no problem. 100 years later, I consider him to be one of the stronger Captains not wearing long sleeves.
    Edited on 02/06/2009 5:24am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of thomas004

    thomas004

    [38]Feb 6, 2009
    • member since: 09/01/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 45
    my vote goes for gin, there is a reasson why he is still alive and by aizens side i mean espada would kill weaklings that rule over them(look at what grimjow did to lupi) i'm sure that if gin was the weakling you guys are saying he is then that either stark or baragan would have killed him without aizen stopping them.
    The guy should not be underestimated seriously
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ranemoraken

    Ranemoraken

    [39]Feb 7, 2009
    • member since: 04/18/07
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 3,333
    Gin, and this is because of the nature of Shonen. If he were not more powerful than the Espada, then once the Espada are defeated then it would be anticlimactic to fight him. Besides, these captains have to maintain order over their espada - ruling with fear when necessary.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of totallyaninja

    totallyaninja

    [40]Feb 7, 2009
    • member since: 09/22/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,169

    Because we know so little about Gin, this one will inevitably come down to who you want to be stronger.

    With that said, Gin was a child who'd only been in the academy for a year when he killed a third seat, saying he wasn't even worth the effort. Not long after, he decimated an entire squad, including the Captain, albeit with a sneak attack. His shikai is just terrifying. It's simple, sure, but it give him incredible range. And it's not just a thrusting attack either. Watch the flashback where he took out all the huge hollows- he can swing the darn thing like it's a regular sword when it's fifty feet long. I get the feeling his true power and his bankai are going to be insane.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.