Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

Bleach Tournament!!!! Championship...Aizen vs. Yamamoto (SPOILERS probably)

Who would win this fight?

peaceknuckle

[41]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 15

By my count that put's Gin into the next round 11-5. Next matchup is Urahara Kisuke vs. Zaraki Kenpachi.

Urahara, former Captain of squad 12, and founder of the SS Research Institute, takes on the madman Captain squad 11, Zaraki. It's the classic brains vs. brawn, who wins this fight?

As crazy strong as Zaraki is, I think Urahara is way to smart to try to brawl with him. My vote is for Urahara to win in some crazy genius sort of way.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

totallyaninja

[42]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 13
    Well, Urahara's the true villain, so it'd be pretty sad if he couldn't even beat Zaraki.

Llama_guy

[43]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 53
    Zaraki is, as stated, all (mostly) brawl and doesn't have any special abilities (aside the eyepatch and kendo), while Urahara's a scientific genius and implied to be very powerful. I'm all for Urahara on this one.

YoruichiMeow

[44]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 21
    Pimp hat > bells in pointy hair

LordMordor

[45]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 12
    I to am going for Urahara, the main thing about these science type captain class people (Urahara, Mayuri, Szayel) is that if they have prior information as to your abilities, they WILL quickly develope counter measures. Urahara was able to completely negate Yammi's bala attacks after just watching them.

Urahara obviously already knows about Zaraki Kenpachi (yoruichi knew, so it stands to reason he would to), so he would know full well what to expect and will develop counter measures.

Zaraki may be able to brute his way through some of Urahara's tricks, but not all of them. Zaraki has been lucky as most of his battles involve straight up physical opponents, and Tousen could have easily killed him had he taken things seriously from the start.

could107

[46]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 16
    Hat n clogs wins!

cartoonsrdbest

[47]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 22
    Urahara, brains beats brawn this time.
    Edited on 02/08/2009 2:43pm

SsriTelQuessir

[48]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 26
    We've seen a lot more of Zaraki in combat, although we have since much more of how Urahara thinks. My impression is that Urahara is very powerful and a number of different levels. I recall a scene very early in the SS arc after Ichigo defeats Ikkaku and he asks Ichigo who trained him. Ichigo drops Urahara's name, and the image goes to Ikkaku's mind's eye and he reflects with fear on the memory of Urahara. (had no idea that Ikkaku had been in the SS that long) Anyway, I can't guess at the extent of his power and ability. When Zaraki fought Tousen, it was to a large extent I believe, that Tousen lost due to his arrogance. Zaraki proved to be remarkibly fast and adaptive. I don't think that Urahara would make the same mistakes that Tousen did.

amber_jahn

[49]Feb 8, 2009
    Im going w/Urahara on this one...who know s waht crazy stuff he learned up in the maggots nest

talimgirl

[50]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 5
    Urahara definitely. I don't know anyone in this series who I would vote for if they were against him. He's the genius of this show, in my opinion.

LordMordor

[51]Feb 8, 2009
    SsriTelQuessir wrote:
    We've seen a lot more of Zaraki in combat, although we have since much more of how Urahara thinks. My impression is that Urahara is very powerful and a number of different levels. I recall a scene very early in the SS arc after Ichigo defeats Ikkaku and he asks Ichigo who trained him. Ichigo drops Urahara's name, and the image goes to Ikkaku's mind's eye and he reflects with fear on the memory of Urahara. (had no idea that Ikkaku had been in the SS that long) Anyway, I can't guess at the extent of his power and ability. When Zaraki fought Tousen, it was to a large extent I believe, that Tousen lost due to his arrogance. Zaraki proved to be remarkibly fast and adaptive. I don't think that Urahara would make the same mistakes that Tousen did.

I agree on Zaraki vs Tousen...Tousen could have just gone for the vitals with his first few attacks instead of taunting Zaraki. and even when Zaraki turned out to be fast enough to avoid getting hit after a while (i still don't buy him being fast enough to avoid those attacks like he did, but whatever), he could have always just tossed some destructive Kido from a distance.

Nightmare_Sea

[52]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 3
    I can never see the giddy goofball, no matter how powerful he may be, as ever being a villain.

I'm pretty sure Sosuke Aizen will now and forever till the manga ends be its main antagonist. I mean, Ichigo even said he'd take down Aizen himself.

Oops. Off-topic.

I vote for Kisuke. I'm pretty sure he'd outsmart Kenpachi [no matter how much I like that character's love of fighting] and we haven't even seen his Bankai yet.

Ranemoraken

[53]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 20
    One of the compelling interests in the story are how these characters will release. It's surprising how little we know about most of the main characters. Very little is known about Urahara's shikai even.

LordMordor

[54]Feb 9, 2009
    eh, id be surprised if it turned out his Shikai has other abilities besides the shield and blast attacks it already has. That said, with a name like 'crimson princess' i shudder to think what his bankai is.

totallyaninja

[55]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 13
    What we don't know about his shikai is where the blood is coming from. Could be a very important detail, whether the sword is bleeding or using his blood.

talimgirl

[56]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 5
    I've always thought that his bankai would do something to the other person's blood in some way. But that's off topic.

lstinwonderland

[57]Feb 9, 2009
    • level: 22
    I voted for Urahara. Being the master of creating extrodinary things, he could create something to counteract Kenpachi's strength. There is just so much unknown about him and we understand Kenpachi's limits.

peaceknuckle

[58]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 15

Urahara takes out Zaraki in a runaway. Next matchup is Tessai Tsukabishi vs. Kyoraku Shunsui. Tessai the former Kido Corps Captain and longtime assistant of Urahara, takes on the 8th squad Captain, Kyoraku Shunsui. Who wins this fight?

My vote is for Shunsui, one of the most powerful and oldest Captains, to take out Tessai, the kido expert, who we know little about his fighting ability.

YoruichiMeow

[59]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 21
    Wow, this one's hard for me. I think I'm gonna sit back and see if one side's arguments convince me, because honestly, I'm leaning towards Tessai for no real reason.

could107

[60]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 16
    YoruichiMeow wrote:
    Wow, this one's hard for me. I think I'm gonna sit back and see if one side's arguments convince me, because honestly, I'm leaning towards Tessai for no real reason.
    I'm with you YM. I'm not sure at all.