Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

Bleach Tournament!!!! Championship...Aizen vs. Yamamoto (SPOILERS probably)

Who would win this fight?

totallyaninja

[61]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 13
    I'm going with Shunsui. Tessai is probably better in Kido, but Shunsui's been around for 2,000 years, so he's probably pretty amazing at it too. Shunsui wins in every other area, being one of the oldest and strongest captains, and apparently trusted to go one on one with the Primera Espada. I wouldn't be surprised if he's surpassed Yama by now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LordMordor

[62]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 12
    i went ahead and voted for Shunsui, although its really a decision id rather not make as we really know so little about either of their abilities. Tessai could very easily be just as old and experienced as Shunsui, so that argument is out.

this is another of those speculation based matches. While im fairly sure no one other than Aizen or maybe Yamamoto could match Tessai in Kido, I'm thinking Shunsui is likely more well rounded. Basically while Tessai is a total master of one of the 4 shinigami arts (kido in this case), Shunsui is exceptional at all of them. I honestly can't picture Tessai being able to go sword to sword against Shunsui...and I'm fairly confident Shunsui has enough Kido knowledge not to be killed outright and will be able to bring things to close range.

cartoonsrdbest

[63]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 22
    It's hard to chose ... I'm voting for Shunsui this time.

Llama_guy

[64]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 53
    For the reasons stated, I'm going with Shunsui

LordMordor

[65]Feb 10, 2009
    totallyaninja wrote:
    I'm going with Shunsui. Tessai is probably better in Kido, but Shunsui's been around for 2,000 years, so he's probably pretty amazing at it too. Shunsui wins in every other area, being one of the oldest and strongest captains, and apparently trusted to go one on one with the Primera Espada. I wouldn't be surprised if he's surpassed Yama by now.

I wouldn't say he was 'trusted' to go one on one against the Primera...he just happened to get Stark by coincidence, he actually hoping Stark wasn't the Primera. and I have a hard time thinking he could have surpassed Yama since back in the SS arc both he and Ukitake fighting together had a hard time holding off Yama

totallyaninja

[66]Feb 10, 2009
    Did they have to work together? Did they even really fight him at all? All they did was defend and prevent him from going to the execution grounds, that doesn't mean Shunsui was going all out, or couldn't have done it by himself.

LordMordor

[67]Feb 10, 2009
    i don't recall the scene completely, but I believe i recall that when Isane's message about Aizen reached them Yama was relatively unphased while both Ukitake and Shunsui were breathing heavily. Granted even if my memory is correct it wouldn't really prove anything conclusively.

that said, i don't think there is anything whatsover to indicate that shunsui has become more powerful than Yamamoto.

SsriTelQuessir

[68]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 26
    This is a tough one. Some of the Kido seems really powerful and I'm not sure how people can shrug off the spells. I would think that Shunsui is #3 behind Yama and Unohara, so that implies a signigican level of power too. Also, Tessai and Shunshi are contemporaries, both were captains at the begining of TBTP. I voted for Shunsui, but not out of certainty, just the gut feeling that he got the edge...doesn't mean that Tessai can't pull out a 99th level forbidden Kido of unimaginable power.

YoruichiMeow

[69]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 21
    I voted Tessai, because the unknown factor is too great for me to just wing it with Shunsui. I think either one of them could win from what we know, but I think Tessai would be more likely to take the fight seriously faster, and seeing how his power level is very likely near Shunsui's...well...I dunno, I thought Tessai deserved my vote.

totallyaninja

[70]Feb 10, 2009

LordMordor wrote:
    i don't recall the scene completely, but I believe i recall that when Isane's message about Aizen reached them Yama was relatively unphased while both Ukitake and Shunsui were breathing heavily. Granted even if my memory is correct it wouldn't really prove anything conclusively. that said, i don't think there is anything whatsover to indicate that shunsui has become more powerful than Yamamoto.

No, but it's possible. Someone's gotta replace him when Aizen kills him, so it'd be nice if Shunsui was at least close. It would be really cool if the student had surpassed the master, though.

lstinwonderland

[71]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 22
    I voted Shunsui. Just because honestly I feel he would have an upperhand in battle being trained by Yama. I have no idea if Tessai even had a sword and if he did, theres no idea as to what his shikai and bankai are.

talimgirl

[72]Feb 11, 2009
    • level: 5
    Shunsui

Just because it felt right.

could107

[73]Feb 11, 2009
    • level: 16
    I voted for Tessai. He has an unbeatable secret weapon.

peaceknuckle

[74]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 15
    By the written count that makes it 8-2 in favor of Shunsui, so either the polls still on the fritz or some people are still ghost voting. Oh well. That finishes up the second round of the Hueco Mundo bracket. Now we move to the Rukongai bracket. The first matchup is a 3 way because of a tie in the first round. It will be Hirako Shinji vs. Hitsuguya Toushiro vs. Shiba Kuukaku. Who wins?

SsriTelQuessir

[75]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 26

I voted for Shinji. I suspect that Shinji was a relatively powerful captain as the other captains seemed to be following his orders in those couple chapters in TBTP. Now, at to that the amplification of his powers via hollowfication. I put Toshiro in the bottom half of the current captains. I am not even sure if Kuukaku is captain level; I suspect not. Renji would probably beat her.

YoruichiMeow

[76]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 21
    I too voted Shinji, although I think Kuukaku has a chance against Hitsugaya. We really don't know much about her besides she has a missing arm and has an explosive personality...

peaceknuckle

[77]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 15
    STQ pretty much summed it up for me. I'm voting Shinji. No Contest.

LordMordor

[78]Feb 13, 2009
    SsriTelQuessir wrote:

I voted for Shinji. I suspect that Shinji was a relatively powerful captain as the other captains seemed to be following his orders in those couple chapters in TBTP. Now, at to that the amplification of his powers via hollowfication. I put Toshiro in the bottom half of the current captains. I am not even sure if Kuukaku is captain level; I suspect not. Renji would probably beat her.

Never underestimate Renji's ability to lose a fight!

anyway, I'm inclined to agree. Hitsugaya is most likely on the lower end of the scale in regards to captain power levels, and unlike Mayuri he doesn't have any kind of gimmick to make him more of a threat. Kuukaku I don't think is anywhere close to captain. We've seen her pull some good Kido, but thats about it.

Shinji on the otherhand is the apparent leader of the Vizards, and was an experienced captain before that. My vote goes to him

could107

[79]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 16
    Shinji all the way.

Llama_guy

[80]Feb 13, 2009
    • level: 53
    peaceknuckle wrote:
    STQ pretty much summed it up for me. I'm voting Shinji. No Contest.
    qft