We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

Bleach Tournament!!!! Championship...Aizen vs. Yamamoto (SPOILERS probably)

Who would win this fight?

peaceknuckle

[101]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 15
    Yoruichi wins that matchup. Next is Kurosaki Isshin vs. Rose, former captain of squad 3 and current Vaizard. Who wins?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

YoruichiMeow

[102]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 21
    Pure speculation, I give this one to Isshin. He's Ichigo's dad and we don't know what rank of shinigami he was, but we do know that Rose was a new captain at the beginning of TBTP arc...so...I guess main character's dad wins out over a Vizard who was made a captain just before Urahara.

Llama_guy

[103]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 53
    YoruichiMeow wrote:
    Pure speculation, I give this one to Isshin. He's Ichigo's dad and we don't know what rank of shinigami he was, but we do know that Rose was a new captain at the beginning of TBTP arc...so...I guess main character's dad wins out over a Vizard who was made a captain just before Urahara.
    Agreed.

LordMordor

[104]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 12
    im unfortunately going to have to go with Rose...yes its massive speculation from both sides, but the fact is we have far more information on Rose than we do on Isshin.
    We know Rose is a captain, and we also know he is a Vizard.
    we know NOTHING abou Isshin.

the speculation from him being the main characters father can only take him so far against people we actually have confirmed information on. If we actually knew something about Isshin i would likely go the other way. But I can't in good concious vote for him just by assuming that he is not only captain class, but can somehow surpass a captain class vizard who has had over a hundred years of experience with said powers, based solely on his status as Ichigo's father

could107

[105]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 16
    Llama_guy wrote:
    YoruichiMeow wrote:
    Agreed.
    2nded

Llama_guy

[106]Feb 20, 2009
    LordMordor wrote:
    im unfortunately going to have to go with Rose...yes its massive speculation from both sides, but the fact is we have far more information on Rose than we do on Isshin.
    We know Rose is a captain, and we also know he is a Vizard.
    we know NOTHING abou Isshin.

the speculation from him being the main characters father can only take him so far against people we actually have confirmed information on. If we actually knew something about Isshin i would likely go the other way. But I can't in good concious vote for him just by assuming that he is not only captain class, but can somehow surpass a captain class vizard who has had over a hundred years of experience with said powers, based solely on his status as Ichigo's father
    Though an imperfect one, he did beat the Grand Fisher in his Arrancar form with a mere swing of his sword, and he wasn't even at full power, or so he said.

SsriTelQuessir

[107]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 26

Ok, first a few words about the concept of Captain Class. Eventhough it's a class of it's own, it is not, in and of itself, a level playing field. Not all captains are created equal. All have their particular strengths and some have notible weeknesses. The scene where Shunsui and Jushiro are about to fight Yamamoto comes to mind. By my reconning, Shunsui is 3rd in power and I would not put Jushiro at the bottom of the list. In that scene, Yamamoto said of Shunsui and Jushiro that they were unmatched when it came to combat. Now, even given that, Shunsui's internal monologue was something like, "How long has it been since I have felt such fear?". So, while the argument can be made that captains are stronger than vice captains, probably to a T; but it is not hard to imaging that some captains have much, much more power than others. Now, on average, I think that a vizard is more powerful than a shinigami...just like on average an arrancar is more powerful than a shinigami. But giving the diversity of power among the captains, there are individuals shinigamis excede individual vizards and arrancar. For example, in the current manga arc, I am expecting Shunsui to defeat Stark. laugh all you want. I'd be slightly suprised if in the end, numero uno came out on top.

Now...akwards segue...

I voted for Isshin...like most of my votes here...based on 92.4% speculation, 9.8% convoluted logic, and -2.2% poor mathmatics...I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about. Now that that's out in the open, for those of you who have not already guessed that of me, I voted for Isshin on the belief that he's something like former captain of 0 squad or part of the royal family or something outlandish like that. I mean, this is shounen, after all.

talimgirl

[108]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 5
    I voted for Rose... I don't know why. I guess it's because of Rose's vizard status. I don't know enough about either one of them to make a fair and balanced judgment, so I'll just go with my gut feeling.

peaceknuckle

[109]Feb 21, 2009
    I voted for Isshin. I know Rose was a former Captain and a Vaizard and I would rank him high on the power chain. Isshin is Ichigo's father, the reason this matters is because of Ichigo's natural power and untapped potential. This power had to come from somewhere. If Isshin was strong enough to wipe out the Arrancarized Grand Fisher after just getting his powers back, it's enough of an implication of what his power should be to me, at least enough to take out Rose.

HIMYM1993

[110]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 11
    I think a former captain with hollow powers is stonger than a captain level shinigami. Rose wins.

peaceknuckle

[111]Feb 24, 2009

Kurosaki Isshin wins that matchup. The next fight will be the 3rd Espada vs. the 6th Espada. Halibel will take on Grimmjow. Who wins this fight?

YoruichiMeow

[112]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 21
    I'm voting Halibel. Aizen did my work for me by numbering Halibel 3 while Grimmjow was 6...it's speculative, to be sure, but I'm assuming she could take Grimmy.

talimgirl

[113]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 5
    Yeah, I think Halibel could beat Grimmjow. Just pure speculation.

SsriTelQuessir

[114]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 26
    This one is almost as easy as Stark vs Gangu. If Grimmjow could beat Halibel, he already would have.

LordMordor

[115]Feb 25, 2009
    man, matches between Espada sure are easy.

Halibel wins obviously, hope this one doesn't last to long, far to easy

could107

[116]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 16
    Halibel. She's ranked three. Meaning she's stronger then Ulquiorra. Grimmjow doesn't stand a chance.

trainjokers34

[117]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 7
    lol i think the same...

peaceknuckle

[118]Feb 25, 2009
    While I think that there would be exceptions to the espada numbers rule, I don't think this would be one of them. Grimmow is a straightforward brawler and from the information we have, there's no way he's going to win a strength contest with the number 3 Espada, espescially if she is a VL.

Llama_guy

[119]Feb 25, 2009
    What people have said.

LordMordor

[120]Feb 25, 2009
    peaceknuckle wrote:
    While I think that there would be exceptions to the espada numbers rule, I don't think this would be one of them. Grimmow is a straightforward brawler and from the information we have, there's no way he's going to win a strength contest with the number 3 Espada, espescially if she is a VL.

the only two i could really see being possible exceptions to the Espada rankings are Szayel and Arroniero.

Szayel because if he has enough information on his target he could very well negate all their abilities and create a situation where he has the advantage, and Arroniero because of the mass numbers of special abilities he would have access to in his released form (which he unfortunately didn't get to show off vs. Rukia)

The only other possibility would be Zommari with his amor, but it honestly must have a weakness otherwise he would be borderline invincible and would certainly be ranked higher. Its similar to Kido so i suppose a strong enough opponent could break the spell.