Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

Bleach Tournament ROUND 2: Moved to a new thread.

peaceknuckle

[1]Dec 23, 2008
    • level: 15

After days of collaberat?tion with a team of mad crack scientists from right here on the TV.com Bleach forum, I have completed a 64 person/hollow tournament for the right to be called the CHAMPION OF BLEACH!!!!! At risk of clogging the board with too many threads, we are going to take it slow, 1 match at a time. Vote for the character that you think would win each fight, this is not supposed to be a popularity contest. There will be 4 sections of 16 characters per section, the winners will go on to face each for the right to be called the CHAMPION OF BLEACH!!!!!! We are going to start things of in the Hueco Mundo bracket. The characters are seeded based on input from our aformentioned team of crack Bleach scientists. I'll start out putting a new match up every other day, but I might switch it to every day depending on how the voting goes. The whole first round of the Hueco Mundo Bracket is listed below. Vote for who you think would win and discuss why, obviously some arguments should be more compelling than others.

1 Aizenvs 16 Dondo Chakka

8 Soi Fongvs 9 Kuchiki Rukia

4 Neliel (Adult)vs 13 Matsumoto

5 Ichimaru Ginvs 12 Ciruiucci

3 Urahara Kisukevs 14 Ise Nanao

6 Zaraki Kenpachi vs 11 Aaroniero

7 Tessai Tsukabishivs 10 Madarame Ikakku

2 Kyouraku Shunsuivs 15 Charlotte Coolhorn

Obviously the higher ranked characters should have easier matchups. On to the first match.

Number one overall ranked Aizen Sousuke will take on lowly regarded and slightly hated Dondo Chakka. Nobody should expect much from Dondo, he is basically just fodder to get the almight Aizen warmed up for his second round fight.

Edited on 02/03/2009 8:53pm
    Edited 67 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ericwashere15

[2]Dec 23, 2008
    peaceknuckle wrote:
    1 Aizen vs 16 Dondo Chakka

Number one overall ranked Aizen Sousuke will take on lowly regarded and slightly hated Dondo Chakka. Nobody should expect much from Dondo, he is basically just fodder to get the almight Aizen warmed up for his second round fight.

Do I detect favoritism here?

Aizen - No explanation neccessary.
    Soi Fong - Obvious reasons.
    Nel - Unless Rangiku would have knowledge of Bankai.
    Gin - Cirucci would never see him coming.
    Kisuke - Wins hands down. But since he has no grudges against Nanao I suspect he'd forfeit.
    Zaraki - He'd see through all of Aaroneiro's abilities.
    Tessai - More experienced in combat, with the addition of Kido.
    Shunsui - A highly regarded Captain against a fraccion that Yumichika beat...That's almost as one sided as Aizen's match.

I hope I did that right.

Fishbulb13

[3]Dec 23, 2008
    • level: 16
    Who came up with these rankings?

LordMordor

[4]Dec 23, 2008
    • level: 12
    yeah, where are these so called rankings coming from?

also, how were these brackets decided...were they randomly selected out of a hat or something, because there are some rather obvious mis-matches...i mean, how the hell is Aizen supposed to beat Dondo Chakka? The guy carriers a worm the size of a building in his stomach! HAX!!

soniccomics

[5]Dec 23, 2008
    • level: 22
    Dondo Chakka has various secrets we have never seen. plus I doubt even Aizen would be able to go really long without getting incedibly annoyed at Dondo. And his power level-it's over 9000!

peaceknuckle

[6]Dec 23, 2008
    Fishbulb13 wrote:
    Who came up with these rankings?
    The rankings were done by me, with input from several other users on this forum. The matchups were done to give the higher ranked fighters easier fights early which will make for some one sided fights, but as the tournament moves on, things will balance out. I would suggest discussing each matchup as it happens.

Fishbulb13

[7]Dec 24, 2008
    • level: 16
    I think it would be more fair to have completely random rankings.

amber_jahn

[8]Dec 24, 2008

Fishbulb13 wrote:

It would be more interesting at least.

peaceknuckle

[9]Dec 24, 2008
    amber_jahn wrote:

Fishbulb13 wrote:

It would be more interesting at least.

For the most part, the rankings are random, the exceptions are the top 25 or so fighters were ranked that way by several people on this site. They were done this way to avoid overloading the most powerful characters in the same spot. I didn't want to end up with Aizen vs Yamamoto in an early round, but after the top 25 characters, everything is random, drawn out of a hat.

I'm declaring Aizen the winner of the first matchup due to the fact it was kind of arbitrary in the first place, although apparantly two people think that Aizen would lose to Dondo Chakka. On to matchup number two.

Rukia vs. Soi Fong

Kuchiki Rukia, unseated shinigami, 13th division. A fairly skilled sword fighter with exceptional kido abilities.

vs.

Soi Fong, Captain of the 2nd division, Commander of the Onmitskidou. Former protege of Yoruichi, long time member of the second division. Zanpakuto has two hit kill capability. She can also use a kido based fighting style called Shunko, although she is not very experienced with it. So who wins this fight?

amber_jahn

[10]Dec 24, 2008

Sorry but Rukia doesnt stand much a chance...At best she's only as powerful as a 3 seat, maybe 2 if she pushed herself...but there's no way she could hack it with Sio Fon, she too fast, too powerful, and Rukia wouldnt know what hit her.

Ranemoraken

[11]Dec 24, 2008
    • level: 20
    Yeah, anyone not picking Aizen were just goofs.

And Rukia vs Soi Fon is brutal! I love Rukia, but in my heart, against Soi Fon, she'd be toast. Crud.

Llama_guy

[12]Dec 24, 2008
    • level: 53
    I'm pretty sure Soifon could own Rukia in an instant with her two-hit kills, so I'm going for Soifon on this one.

btw, very nice idea, peaceknuckle.
    Edited on 12/24/2008 12:36pm

OneNotTaken

[13]Dec 24, 2008
    • level: 21
    amber_jahn wrote:

Sorry but Rukia doesnt stand much a chance...At best she's only as powerful as a 3 seat, maybe 2 if she pushed herself...but there's no way she could hack it with Sio Fon, she too fast, too powerful, and Rukia wouldnt know what hit her.

She is absolutely without a doubt vice captain level, it's just difficult to keep proper rankings in mind with ikkaku as a 3rd seat and renji as a vice captain.

She still wouldn't stand a chance against Soi Fon though.

She wouldn't even know that she was dead.

She would blink and instantly disintegrate into nothing.

Zelda_Fan94

[14]Dec 25, 2008
    • level: 1
    I agree. Rukia is at the level of a Vice Captain, easily the strongest of the Thirteenth Division with the exception of Jushiro, the Division's Captain.

Even so, she wouldn't really last for even a little bit against Soifon, despite what the last Bleach filler portrayed.

totallyaninja

[15]Dec 25, 2008
    • level: 13

OneNotTaken wrote:
    She wouldn't even know that she was dead.

amber_jahn

[16]Dec 25, 2008

Zelda_Fan94 wrote:
    I agree. Rukia is at the level of a Vice Captain, easily the strongest of the Thirteenth Division with the exception of Jushiro, the Division's Captain. Even so, she wouldn't really last for even a little bit against Soifon, despite what the last Bleach filler portrayed.

To be fair we havent seen anybody in the 13 Sq. fight save for Rukia and Ukitake, and all hes done so far is release his shikia...we cant very well say that she's the second strongest in the division if we have seen anyone else to compare her to. The two third seats could still be more powerful than Rukia.

OneNotTaken

[17]Dec 25, 2008
    • level: 21
    amber_jahn wrote:

Zelda_Fan94 wrote:
    I agree. Rukia is at the level of a Vice Captain, easily the strongest of the Thirteenth Division with the exception of Jushiro, the Division's Captain. Even so, she wouldn't really last for even a little bit against Soifon, despite what the last Bleach filler portrayed.

To be fair we havent seen anybody in the 13 Sq. fight save for Rukia and Ukitake, and all hes done so far is release his shikia...we cant very well say that she's the second strongest in the division if we have seen anyone else to compare her to. The two third seats could still be more powerful than Rukia.

It is incredibly unlikely. If one of them was worthy of the seat I believe that ukitake would assign it. And rukia doesn't just "have" shikai, she has mastered her shikai and all 3 of its abilities. She has likely already started materialization meditation/training for bankai. Not to mention the fact that she is incredibly proficient in high level kido, and has proved incredibly skillfull in battle on multiple occasions. To me she has proven her worth as a vice-captain level shikai more than many of the vice captains, but most likely due to the fact that she is a main character and we have seen much more of her.

Ranemoraken

[18]Dec 25, 2008
    • level: 20
    Also, keep in mind that Jushiro caught Byakuya from behind, while sick. That should qualify the levels he is above Rukia.

peaceknuckle

[19]Dec 26, 2008

First off, Merry late Christmas everyone. And now on to the carnage. So as would be expected Soi Fong takes out fan favorite Rukia with a healthy 10 to 1 margin. The next fight pits Matsumot Rangiku vs Neliel Tu Oderschvenk.

Matsumoto is the Vice Captain of Squad 10, we know she has shikai, but not much else about her power. She is one of the more experienced Vice Captains, and despite her outer appearance, Matsumoto seems like someone who all the other VC's look up to, she always seems to be willing to lend a hand, except on paperwork.

Neliel Tu Oderschvank is the former number 3 espada. After a run in with Nnoitre, Nel reverted to child form because of a hole in her mask. When her or her friends are in danger Nel transforms back into her more powerful adult form. Can her adult form hold up to take out Matsumoto, or would she run out of spirit energy and revert back to a child. Who would win this fight?

amber_jahn

[20]Dec 26, 2008

Next choice: Ummm lets former Espada against a VC?

No contest if Nel was a match for Nnotria(sp?) who in turn put up a good fight against Kenpachi Rangiku is a goner. She could hardly handle three fraccion, even though they were damn strong and there were three of them, they arent stronger than Big Girl Nel. So long Rangiku