Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

Bleach Tournament ROUND 2: Moved to a new thread.

LordMordor

[281]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 12
    even then she would have to worry about whether or not the sleeping Aizen is an illusion.

I really can't see Soifon having any kind of shot against Aizen. Even if you assume she can match Aizen's speed, there really is nothing she can do against Kyouka Suigetsu.

even taking away the illusions I can't see her being so much faster than Aizen that she could score 2 hits in the same spot.

Aizen wins
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

peaceknuckle

[282]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 15
    Although she would give a tough match to most with her above average speed and her two hit kill shikai, Aizen could use Kyoka Suigetsu to confuse her, that's saying he would need to, I'm going with Aizen.

amber_jahn

[283]Feb 2, 2009
    Not to mention Aizen's ability to perform kido up to 99 w/o do the little chant. I doubt SioFon can due kido that high even if she is a captain. So yeah, point Aizen.

could107

[284]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 16
    Aizen.

Ranemoraken

[285]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 20
    Soifon seems to be one who'd wait from afar and look for opportunities to strike. Considering she knows that she'd never be able to strike, she'd at least be able to shadow Aizen for a very long time. She strikes me as someone who'd be impossible to kill when evasive. Still, as there is no situation that might lend Aizen to lose, I'll have to go with him here.

AnotherAnimeFan

[286]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 14

Awwwwwww. I don't like Aizen. It could be Aizen vs. a rock and I'd want the rock to win. Maybe if Komamura was willing to take hado 90 again and Soi Fong had Urahara's reiatsu masking cloak then maybe. Right? ...stupid Aizen. Point for him...

Actually come to think of it Soi Fong could have killed him back in SS. She landed right on him and could have ended it there. Now perhaps Aizen let that happen because he is so cocky that he doesn't care if a Captain is hanging on his arm. I dunno. Still don't like him.

Edited on 02/02/2009 3:54pm

SsriTelQuessir

[287]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 26

Now, this is a very intriguing match-up. I have a lot of speculation on this one, but I would like to think that at least I thought this through to some extent. Anyway, I voted for Aizen just on the concept of implied power. However, having said that, if anybody has a shot against Aizen, aside from Unohana, it would have to be Soi Fon. Conceptually, she has the most powerful shikai out there. Can't beat it. One can only try to avoid it. And given that one manga chapter where she nixes the arrancar, for all intensive purposes she killed her with a single hit...that instantaneous double double thingy she now does. Now, follow my train of logic here...given that her shikai is arguable the most powerful, try to immagine her bankai. Now, I know that not all bankais are extentions of their predecessing shikais like Byakuya's. But immagine that Soi Fon's bankai is something along those lines (of course, it could be something entirely different like Ichigo's - and frankly, when Soi Fon appeared in the manga again a few chapters back, I found myself hoping that we'd see some Soi Fon bankai action because my curiosity has been peaked). Anyway, so my point is that Soi Fon has the single best puncher's chance against Aizen. She may have an extraordinarily difficult time landing a hit on Aizen for a number of reasons well stated above. However, let's say a hit is landed on a non-illusionary Aizen...then he's a gonner, despite all his grand power. Aizen called his sword's power 'perfect illusion'; one can call Soi Fon's perfect death.

horacus

[289]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 7
    It will be an interesting match, more balanced than those before this. But, even if I like Soi Fon, I think that Aizen has the upper hand in this one.

Ranemoraken

[290]Feb 2, 2009
    Well, STQ, her bankai might be something like Mayuri's where his shikai and bankai are very different in abilities. Admittedly, Mayuri's bankai is a more elaborate killing machine than his shikai, but it doesn't paralyze.

Ranemoraken

[291]Feb 2, 2009
    ...Why is the score even? glitch?

LordMordor

[292]Feb 2, 2009
    im not even seeing the pole now...i did when i posted but it didn't seem to accept my vote for Aizen.

SsriTelQuessir

[293]Feb 2, 2009

Ranemoraken wrote:
    Well, STQ, her bankai might be something like Mayuri's where his shikai and bankai are very different in abilities. Admittedly, Mayuri's bankai is a more elaborate killing machine than his shikai, but it doesn't paralyze.

Granted. I had consided that possibility on my previous post. Could be something different. And now that I think this out loud, it probably is...because, given how powerful her shikai is against an single opponant, can there really be anything 5-10x more powerful than that??

Even with her shikai it is easily concevible that Soi Fon could kill Aizen if she could only get a finger on him. The last thing an opponent would want is for Soi Fon to give them the finger.

totallyaninja

[294]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 13

Consider the possibility that there is a defense against Soi Fon's shikai: having such immense spiritual pressure that it overwhelms hers, making her blade unable to pierce anything. Aizen's the guy who stopped Ichigo's sword with a finger, so that's a very real possibility.

While I think Soi Fon is strong enough to beat Barragan by herself (not that she's close to as strong as him, mind you, but that she CAN win), I think Aizen's got this one.

These polls do sometimes let you vote more than once, so let's say someone wanted to vote for Soi Fon, but the poll disappeared when they voted, so they clicked it again and again until the score was tied. I'm giving whoever it was the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't on purpose, because it would honestly be pretty sad if someone put that much stake in who wins this thing.

SsriTelQuessir

[295]Feb 2, 2009
    totallyaninja wrote:

Consider the possibility that there is a defense against Soi Fon's shikai: having such immense spiritual pressure that it overwhelms hers, making her blade unable to pierce anything. Aizen's the guy who stopped Ichigo's sword with a finger, so that's a very real possibility.

Granted. At this point, I am willing to believe it either way. Perhaps after we see some more of the manga, we'll have a better idea of the relative power/strength/ability of some of the major characters.

LordMordor

[296]Feb 2, 2009

true, Soi Fong is one of the few characters who will pretty much always have a good shot at beating anyone, even if they are stronger than her. As long as they don't have absurdly more spiritual power than her that she can't peirce them or fast enough that she can't land a hit (unlikely as even Yoruichi couldn't avoid being hit, only avoid being hit in the same place twice), she pretty much always has a shot.

that said, if anyone could make a case for the first scenario of having that much more spiritual power, its Aizen.

as for the vote, if it comes down to it, should Aizen just be given the victory since pretty much every poster is claiming a vote for him and there have been zero posts in direct favor of Soi Fong?

edit: The poll is being really weird it seems, last night it showed me the two were tied at 17/17, now for some reason soi fong is ahead 9/3, and still no one is posting anything in direct favor of her.

Edited on 02/03/2009 11:34am

peaceknuckle

[299]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 15

I've decided to move round 2 to another thread due to certain problems.