Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

Bleach Tournament ROUND 2: Moved to a new thread.

SsriTelQuessir

[141]Jan 14, 2009
    • level: 26

This may be the toughest choice for me so far. We have a pretty decent idea on how powerful Mayuri is. And I agree with TN's observations that he is as powerful as he needs to be to further the plot. He was well matched against Gantz, but I wonder how he would do against a melee type, say Nniorta where he isn't matching wit-for-wit. Lisa was - emphasis placed on the past tense - a 2nd seat, and of all the seated positions in the SS, the second seet seems to have the most diversity - some are just about at captian class and some would struggle, as has been shown, with the 4th (labled 5th) seat of another squad. Now, just thinking out loud here, we know reatively little about Lisa althought he feeling I get is that she would be much more powerful than, say, an average 2nd seet, by mere fact of the vizording of her power.

So, anyway, I'm voting for Lisa on this one, as I see Mayuri as a relatively narrow nitche character, albeit very well matched in that nitche. Given what the potential of Lisa could be, I am thinking...without knowing, for you linguists out there...that she could be not just stronger than Mayuri, but much stronger. As long as she doesn't eat Nemu before the combat. And the chances of that are about as slim as me following though on my new year's resolution.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OjamajoRini

[142]Jan 14, 2009
    • level: 13
    i say lisa on this she has 100 years of training with her vizard powers to beat Mayuri and i think she achieve bankai by now

Llama_guy

[143]Jan 14, 2009
    • level: 53
    I say Lisa, because of what has already been said (yeah, I know I'm lazy...)

KotomiIchinose

[144]Jan 14, 2009
    • level: 11
    Lisa can win without a doubt

LordMordor

[145]Jan 14, 2009
    • level: 12
    im going to agree with Lisa, unless Mayuri is given prior knowledge of her abilities (and thus given time to develop countermeasures). If Mayuri knows who he is fighting before hand, he should be able to win. But if Lisa just pops up and they fight, im giving the advantage to her.

Mayuri really is in the same boat as Kenpachi, they can basically beat anyone if the plot requires it. Zaraki by just being nuts and using his brute force, Mayuri with his science

Onpuchan

[146]Jan 14, 2009
    i agree with LordMordor Mayuri can only win if he has knowledge of his enemy to win

peaceknuckle

[147]Jan 15, 2009
    • level: 15

Lisa is in the next round, the mad scientist goes home. Next up is Chad vs. Kensei

Sado Yasatoro, Ichigo's best friend, big guy, bigger arms, maybe the most powerful "human" around. He will be facing Kensei Mugurama, former captain of squad 9, Vaizard. Kensei, is no doubt powerful being a Vaizardized (did I just make a new word?) Captain, has a pretty cool sword release. Of the Vaizards aside from Hiyori and Hirako, we've seen the most of him so far, plus he has forever influenced generations of shinigami withi his top of the line 69 tattoo. Big strong Chad, or perpetually pissed off Kensei, who wins this fight?

OjamajoRini

[148]Jan 15, 2009
    i am going with Kensei on this one he has his hollow powers and bankai. Chad does not stand a chance to win even if he is in HM

could107

[149]Jan 15, 2009
    • level: 16
    This is a repeat of Rose vs Uryu.

amber_jahn

[150]Jan 15, 2009

could107 wrote:
    This is a repeat of Rose vs Uryu.

this is repeat of a lot of match ups but, random is as random does sir... *takes swig of Dr. Pepper*

Oh yeah, Im hopping the Kensei band wagon too

SsriTelQuessir

[151]Jan 16, 2009
    • level: 26
    Yeah, don't see this as much of a match up, although I like Chad enough to ship him with Orihime. Sometimes...eg, almost always...nice guys finish last.

Ranemoraken

[152]Jan 16, 2009
    • level: 20
    Well, the thing about Orihime, is that she can likely reject people in either direction, so I might vote her over Aizen when the time comes.

peaceknuckle

[153]Jan 16, 2009
    • level: 15

Kensei wins over Chad. Next matchup is Ichigo vs. Zomari

Zomari Leruoux was/is the number 7 Espada. He claimed to have the fastest sonido of all the Espada, on top of that, his released form's special power "amore" might be a difficult match for the wrong person. He will face off against our protagonist, Kurosaki Ichigo. Ichigo can match anyone's speed in bankai form, and with Getsuga Tenshou and his Hollow powers, it would be hard for anyone to beat Ichgo. So, the eye covered hollow, or the orange head protagonist, Who wins this figh?

Llama_guy

[154]Jan 16, 2009
    • level: 53
    If Ichigo used his speed to its full potential Zomari wouldn't really get a shot at taking control of him after releasing his sword. And even before I doubt he'd have anything really special that could hurt Ichigo... I'm leaning on Ichigo for this one.

LordMordor

[155]Jan 16, 2009
    Im really not sure on this fight, with just Bankai I think Ichigo might break even with Zommari in the speed department, but once the mask comes on thats a completely different story.

whats bothering me is Zommari's release. Byakuya not only had the perfect counter to it by blocking his vision with Senbonzakura, but once he figured out the 'Amor' ability was kido based he was able to use his own kido to shield himself. Ichigo has neither of these as options. The only way he could avoid is by being fast enough that Zommari couldn't keep sight of him, but even then once Ichigo stopped moving to attack he would be vulnerable to the spell.

I'm going to give Ichigo the benefit of the doubt here. Technically grimmjow shouldn't have any ability to that could counter Zommari either, yet he is still ranked above him. So perhapse if one had enough spiritual power they could break 'Amor' Byakuya being just a shinigami didn't, but Vizord and higher level Arrancar might.

Ichigo it is

totallyaninja

[156]Jan 16, 2009
    Looks like I'm the only one to vote Zomari so far. Without plot armor, I think Ichigo's in for it on this one. He has a very direct style, and no knowledge of kido whatsoever. Basically Zomari's ideal target. Ichigo wouldn't have the cool head or the experience, really, to sever his tendons if a limb got taken over, either. Zomari wins this one.

talimgirl

[157]Jan 16, 2009
    • level: 5
    totallyaninja wrote:
    Looks like I'm the only one to vote Zomari so far. Without plot armor, I think Ichigo's in for it on this one. He has a very direct style, and no knowledge of kido whatsoever. Basically Zomari's ideal target. Ichigo wouldn't have the cool head or the experience, really, to sever his tendons if a limb got taken over, either. Zomari wins this one.
    Although I voted for Ichi, you're probably right. More than likely, this is the reason Kubo didn't have Ichigo fight him.

Ranemoraken

[158]Jan 16, 2009
    • level: 20
    I've thought about this long and carefully, so I'll write a speech.

I believe that the Espada are ranked for a reason, and since Amor and (like grantz ability) seem impossible to break, there must be an inherent weakness that as not fully explored. The situation for Byakuya's fight was that Rukia was in severe danger. Ichigo's reaction would have been bankai and fast attacks. Once released, Zommari becomes stationary and I'm not sure if he'd be able to capture Ichigo with his speed. Even if he could, he wouldn't be able to counter a Getsuga tensho to the face. Since both of them are very sporting, the first amor wouldn't kill Ichigo. Ichigo probably wouldn't go all out with the mask until he was hit by that first amor, but Zomarri's personality makes him want ot break his opponent before killing them. All this in tow, I vote Ichigo.

totallyaninja

[159]Jan 16, 2009
    I figured the Espada must be ranked by both strength and achievement, since so many of them have unique abilities that give them the edge against stronger opponents.

OjamajoRini

[160]Jan 17, 2009
    I say Ichigo can beat Zomari he took down grimmjow and doing good against Ulquiorra for now