Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

bleach v naruto

saikoh

[41]May 22, 2006
    • level: 3
    shooty101 wrote:
    IMO Naruto is more of a kids show..like Dragon Ball Z or Pokemon (yes its sad I know ) whereas Bleach is marketed for Teenagers/Young Adults.

So Bleach for me...I just find Naruto gets repeditive and boring after a while.

Naruto and Bleach are targetted towards the same demographic, actually.

In Japan, they're both serialized in "Shonen Jump", a magazine for young boys. They're also very popular among young girls and somewhat among older teenagers, but (most) adults don't read this kind of stuff.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

saikoh

[42]May 22, 2006
    • level: 3

EvilAznGamer wrote:
    bleach kind of pisses me off in the fact that only ichigo gets stronger. everyone else stays the same or gets weaker. having only the main character get stronger gets boring fast

Yeah, I noticed this too. Orihime and Chad were pretty useless in Soul Society.

I hope Bleach's author doesn't allow the others to fall too far behind Ichigo in the current arc.

Edited on 05/22/2006 9:45pm

jasowaso

[43]May 23, 2006
    • level: 4
    orihime maybe, but she learned about having to use her attacks better the hard way. and chad did pretty well considering he faced a captain!

but back on topic; as far as the anime goes, naruto seems like it doesnt have much physics rules. like everytime they need to bring the fight forward they just make up a absurd technique, that makes no sense whatsoever.

and for that i perfer bleach, but i hate the blood in it at times

Patchi

[44]May 24, 2006
    • level: 6
    saikoh wrote:
    Naruto and Bleach are targetted towards the same demographic, actually.

In Japan, they're both serialized in "Shonen Jump", a magazine for young boys. They're also very popular among young girls and somewhat among older teenagers, but (most) adults don't read this kind of stuff.

While that's true, I personally believe that Bleach is generally more "mature", and I think many people would agree.  I live in Japan, and generally it's the younger kids who are talking about Naruto and trading Naruto playing cards, while the teenagers are reading the manga.  Hardly any adults read either of them, but Bleach uses more symbolism, character depth, and carnage than Naruto, and features an older group of protagonists.  Bleach is definitely for a slightly older age group.

jasowaso wrote:
    orihime maybe, but she learned about having to use her attacks better the hard way. and chad did pretty well considering he faced a captain!

Pretty well?  He did absolutely no damage on the guy, who easily sliced through him.  His life was even (fortunately) spared in benevolence.

OccultGrave

[45]May 24, 2006
    • level: 10
    Both are Way Overrated, But there isn't even an argument for naruto being better. It's definitely bleach.

terrabreak13

[46]May 26, 2006
    • level: 11

It's not a definite win for Bleach here. Though Naruto (the character) can be annoying at times he has some traits that Ichigo doesn't have. Naruto never backs down from an opponent no matter who or how powerful they are. We've seen Ichigo running scared many times. eg. In the fight with Ichigo vs Kenpachi, training with Uraha etc. Naruto is only bad now because of the quantity of the fillers.

Bleach however got better jokes (Kon is hilarious) and better opening and ending songs. I can't decide on which artwork I prefer they are both great.

flip4soccer

[47]May 30, 2006
    • level: 5
    ok, ive watched about 180 episodes of naruto, and just tonight i watched the first two episodes of bleach for the first time ever and i was like"holy crap, this show rocks!" so, ya. bleach seems like an awesome show, but i like naruto too

Chobits006

[48]Oct 23, 2006
    I think that Naruto is better.. But I've only seen 6 episodes of Bleach

Shining_Bullet

[49]Oct 24, 2006
    i don't thin kanyone should post about bleach until they get to atleast the soul soceiety arc. the show is completely boring as opposed to the soul society arc, up until the bount arc anyway. meeting the taichou's is the msot fun i've had with the series. and those of you have only seen a few episodes should definitely wait to talk about it til then, its way better.

ensatsu-ken

[50]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 19
    I've seen the first season of Bleach (first 26 eps.). It was kind of boring at first but got better. Anyways, Although I still like Naruto a little better, I'm starting to get annoyed with the Naruto series (for various different reasons) so I may end up liking Bleach better pretty soon (if Naruto doesn't get better again). Anyways, IMO, for the most part, their both really good series.

titansgirl2

[51]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 10

Well i think someone said this before but they really are both very good. I like each show for different reasons.  Bleach does seem more mature at times but Naruto is has very serious/deep themes and undertones.  Naruto has more actual emotions and Bleach is more about fighting/power/right vs. wrong.  Both shows have great animation, songs and plots. 

One of the reasons I think Bleach is winning in here is 1 this is a Bleach forum and 2 the Bleach filler is better than the Naruto fillers.  They are both mediocre but at least the bleach filler makes sense and is constant the naruto fillers are random and annoying and way to long.

In terms of dubs Naruto wins I hate the Bleach voices.

and btw people shouldn't really come in here if they haven't seen a majority of both shows. Not just the first few or first 20 of one because that is unfair judgement.

Shining_Bullet

[52]Oct 25, 2006
    i hate everything abotut he naruto anime
    it got ruined, thdey shoulda left it as just a manga. bleahc rocks as ananime. and while i don't much care for fillers, they are IMMENSELY better than naruto. and yes, i am referring to bleahes fillers and saying that the fillers are better than ALL of naruto...except temari...*drool*...

CableGuy15

[53]Oct 25, 2006
    Bleach is the better show. I havent even seen all of Bleach yet, only up to episode 68, but let me tell you, for fillers, Bleach really makes them interesting, even if they are fillers, it feels like a real story. While in Naruto, the fillers seem endless, and horribly thought out. I might be counting wrong, but I think the fillers in Naruto have gone on for 75 STRAIGHT EPISODES. That's expecting alot from the fans considering how terrible their fillers are. Bleach has also been more consistant than Naruto with their fillers. Considering they stick to a story that is by far more interesting than naruto's fillers. Enough about Fillers though, Im not completely on Bleach's side here. Naruto's character develpement is probably the best in anime today. Also, techniques are well thought out, and actually require a thinking strategy. Bleach doesnt do this as much....... Bleach's battles are way more memorable to watch, because in Naruto, for some reason, when i go back to watch an old fight that I liked, it doesnt seem as good. The REAL problem with Naruto is the pointless flashbacks IN THE MIDDLE OF EVERY SINGLE FIGHT. I never understood why they would do that, it takes the momentum from the fights IMO. They should just show flashbacks before the fights. That builds up tention, which makes the fight even better. Bleach usually does this, instead of making flashbacks in the middle of he fight.

Overall, both are great shows, but Naruto just has a few more problems than Bleach. Note: neither are my favorite shows.......

moonlightway

[54]Oct 26, 2006
    • level: 27
    I like both of them!

Shining_Bullet

[55]Oct 26, 2006
    i hae naurto, and i LOVE bleach!!!

ensatsu-ken

[56]Nov 21, 2006
    Shining_Bullet wrote:
    i hae naurto, and i LOVE bleach!!!

Naruto's awesome! However Bleach has gotten a lot better for me now that I've finished the Soul Society arc, and started the third arc (in the manga; however I don't know what its called). Right now for me, I can't decide, Bleach and Naruto are of equal status in my eyes. However Naruto is probably gonna end up dragging on at some point in time, because I just feel like its getting to be to long, however the same thing could happen to Bleach within a few years. IDK, Their both good for their own reasons. However if I did have to say which one I liked better, I'd probably say Naruto, but only by a really small margin.

YamiNarutoBrief

[57]Nov 22, 2006
    • level: 42

all boy, one of these..

they are two different shows w/little if any similarities...i personly like both the same sine they aren't in the same catorgory...if, and this is hypertitical, they were....i wouldn't be able to say one way or the other...maybe naruto cuz you get to know all the characters invovled and eventually feel for them in their times of need and encourage them in their times of triumph...bleach characters haven't totally been expounded on and therefore you can't totally feel for them....of course i did feel for ichigo in ep8, i think, where he learns how and why his mother died...*to read more about this ep, please read my review of it*...still, i haven't seen or read past what CN is showing, i think ep10, so maybe i/m being rash about this?....don't know......anyway, thats all i have to say on this topic.

Edited on 11/22/2006 9:26am

YamiNarutoBrief

[58]Nov 22, 2006
    • level: 42

CableGuy15 wrote:
    Bleach is the better show. I havent even seen all of Bleach yet, only up to episode 68, but let me tell you, for fillers, Bleach really makes them interesting, even if they are fillers, it feels like a real story. While in Naruto, the fillers seem endless, and horribly thought out. I might be counting wrong, but I think the fillers in Naruto have gone on for 75 STRAIGHT EPISODES. That's expecting alot from the fans considering how terrible their fillers are. Bleach has also been more consistant than Naruto with their fillers. Considering they stick to a story that is by far more interesting than naruto's fillers. Enough about Fillers though, Im not completely on Bleach's side here. Naruto's character develpement is probably the best in anime today. Also, techniques are well thought out, and actually require a thinking strategy. Bleach doesnt do this as much....... Bleach's battles are way more memorable to watch, because in Naruto, for some reason, when i go back to watch an old fight that I liked, it doesnt seem as good. The REAL problem with Naruto is the pointless flashbacks IN THE MIDDLE OF EVERY SINGLE FIGHT. I never understood why they would do that, it takes the momentum from the fights IMO. They should just show flashbacks before the fights. That builds up tention, which makes the fight even better. Bleach usually does this, instead of making flashbacks in the middle of he fight. Overall, both are great shows, but Naruto just has a few more problems than Bleach. Note: neither are my favorite shows.......

well well, so you come here to, huh? neat. while to rome around, be sure to stop by my last letter game and post something...thanks.

Edited on 11/22/2006 9:28am

Hokai

[59]Nov 22, 2006
    • level: 4
    Did the poster forget he was posting in the Bleach forums? The opinions are gonna be biased.

ensatsu-ken

[60]Nov 24, 2006
    Hokai wrote:
    Did the poster forget he was posting in the Bleach forums? The opinions are gonna be biased.

Yeah, that's the only problem with these vs. threads.