TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

Eye Candy Tournament (Girls)

Round 8

SsriTelQuessir

[81]Jan 24, 2009
    • level: 26

amber_jahn wrote:
    SsriTelQuessir wrote:
    I know this is a peripherial post to this thread, but I didn't think that it warrented it own post. But...did anybody catch the most recent installment of the Shinigami Women's Organization sketch? Rangiku pulls open Isane's kimono...my left eye started twitching.
    I figured you'd had said something sooner...

I only just now recovered.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ranemoraken

[82]Jan 24, 2009
    • level: 20
    I don't usually watch the subs, but I did watch the last third of that one. As soon as I saw the ending, I immediately laughed and thought of your reaction. It made the scene all the more funny.

SsriTelQuessir

[83]Jan 24, 2009

Ranemoraken wrote:
    I don't usually watch the subs, but I did watch the last third of that one. As soon as I saw the ending, I immediately laughed and thought of your reaction. It made the scene all the more funny.

I was at work...and I annouciated out loud (a redundancy, I know) "Sweet mother of mercy". Of course, this drew the attention of my coworkers. Try explaining, 1, why a 40 year old therapist is watching anime, then try explaining, 2, why I watched that scene a couple times. Yeap, they already think that I'm a nut. And they are probably right.

LeonMorado

[84]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 19
    so...about rin, that delightfully androgynous member of squad 12. it turns out that according to the bleach colorful bootleg, chich despite its naim is actually pretty official, rin is a dude, but viz meida refers to rin as a chick. frankly, i'm not expecting many votes for rin in either poll, so it's pretty moot. whatev, these threads are dying anyway so iit's time to move on to the quarter-finals fairly soon. i'm gonna try and make it to ten rounds so there are 20 quarter-finalists. after that things should wrap up fairly quickly.

SsriTelQuessir

[85]Jan 27, 2009
    I voted for Rin. Partly because I find the debate amusing. Partly because I am a Rin+Hanatarou shipper.
    Edited on 01/27/2009 5:20pm

SsriTelQuessir

[86]Jan 27, 2009

Hmmmm...can I change my vote? I'll go for Rangiku instead. I wasn't much of a fan of her character until later in the series when she got all motherly with that little boy soul. I have liked her since then...and since she opened Isane's kimono.

peaceknuckle

[87]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 15
    SsriTelQuessir wrote:

Hmmmm...can I change my vote? I'll go for Rangiku instead. I wasn't much of a fan of her character until later in the series when she got all motherly with that little boy soul. I have liked her since then...and since she opened Isane's kimono.

I too am fond of Rangiku and her fashion sense, and any part of it that rubs off on other female Shinigami, except the Yachiru part of that, kind of disturbing.

SsriTelQuessir

[88]Jan 27, 2009
    peaceknuckle wrote:
    SsriTelQuessir wrote:

I too am fond of Rangiku and her fashion sense, and any part of it that rubs off on other female Shinigami, except the Yachiru part of that, kind of disturbing.

Yeah, thank goodness that Yachiru was laying down. I have thought generally that Nemu was a cutie so I didn't mind the bare-shoulder action.

Ranemoraken

[89]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 20
    I saw kotetsu at 0 and thought ST'Q hadn't voted yet, then puzzled when he did claim to have voted, then realized that it's a different Kotetsu. This was followed by a drawn "ah-hhh"

SsriTelQuessir

[90]Jan 29, 2009

Ranemoraken wrote:
    I saw kotetsu at 0 and thought ST'Q hadn't voted yet, then puzzled when he did claim to have voted, then realized that it's a different Kotetsu. This was followed by a drawn "ah-hhh"

yeah, that's the 'I think I love you, Captian' Kotetsu.

lstinwonderland

[91]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 22
    I don't see why anyone isn't voting for her. Though she does look like a 10 year old boy. Still suprises me Rin is getting votes >_>.

YoruichiMeow

[92]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 21
    I voted for Rin because I thought it was funny s/he's included...

Besides, I shipped Rin/Hanatarou before I found out Rin's a dude, too.

lstinwonderland

[93]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 22
    No reason they can't still be shipped. I'm sure they have Pride parades in SS too.

totallyaninja

[94]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 13

YoruichiMeow wrote:
    I voted for Rin because I thought it was funny s/he's included... Besides, I shipped Rin/Hanatarou before I found out Rin's a dude, too.

WAIT, HOW CAN YOU SHIP SOMEONE WITH A CHARACTER THAT DOES NOT EXIST

MIND=BLOWN

YoruichiMeow

[95]Jan 29, 2009
    Lol......um...I guess I missed something? Is it because we found out Rin's a dude when we found out Rin existed? Because I can explain that...I think...>_> I watched all the dubs I could before switching to subs, so I was unclear on Rin's gender (really I thought he was a chick) because of that, then the subs made it clear he was a dude.

Am I completely missing the point?

totallyaninja

[96]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 13
    Actually, I might be. Has Rin ever been shown in any canon material? I was thinking he was a filler character, but now I can't remember if he ever appeared in the manga or not...

YoruichiMeow

[97]Jan 29, 2009
    Come to think of it, I don't think Rin is canon. I can't find anything to back me up, so if I'm not lazy tomorrow I'll do a better job of hunting for evidence.

AnotherAnimeFan

[98]Jan 30, 2009
    • level: 14

Oooooooooooookay! Rin Tsubokura was originally a character created by Kubo as a mascot for the Japanese Bleach-Fan news site. It seems that he became so popular that Kubo decided to put him in the manga and the anime. He is a timid scientist of the 12th Division that likes sweets and jumps at the chance to go to the real world just to buy sweets unavailable in the Soul Society. He first appears in chapter 190 of the manga.

Note: I used "he" because my copy of SOULs calls him that on page 100. (not that my copy is special)

peaceknuckle

[99]Jan 30, 2009
    • level: 15
    AnotherAnimeFan wrote:

Oooooooooooookay! Rin Tsubokura was originally a character created by Kubo as a mascot for the Japanese Bleach-Fan news site. It seems that he became so popular that Kubo decided to put him in the manga and the anime. He is a timid scientist of the 12th Division that likes sweets and jumps at the chance to go to the real world just to buy sweets unavailable in the Soul Society. He first appears in chapter 190 of the manga.

Note: I used "he" because my copy of SOULs calls him that on page 100. (not that my copy is special)

My book is surprisingly the same, although this is the first time I've actually read the part about Rin. Just in case you guys missed what animefan is saying, Rin is definitely canon. If I'm not mistaken he's the one who alerted SS of Ulquiorra and Yammy when they first appeared. Just because he was part of the worst episode of any anime filler ever (cake episode!!!) doesn't mean he's not a real boy.

SsriTelQuessir

[100]Jan 30, 2009
    peaceknuckle wrote:
    AnotherAnimeFan wrote:

My book is surprisingly the same, although this is the first time I've actually read the part about Rin. Just in case you guys missed what animefan is saying, Rin is definitely canon. If I'm not mistaken he's the one who alerted SS of Ulquiorra and Yammy when they first appeared. Just because he was part of the worst episode of any anime filler ever (cake episode!!!) doesn't mean he's not a real boy.

I actually liked that episode. It's one of my favorite filler eps. I liked the message. Also, it answered some questions for me.