Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

How does the Zanpakktou are fic it to the main line?

RedDragonMaster

[1]Aug 14, 2009
    • level: 4

This arc can't fit into the main line at all can it? I mean on the previous episodes before the start of the arc weren't they all fightin the Espada? Now all of a sudden Ichigo and the humans are on earth and all the captains are back in SS. I mean seriously I think it would have been better to show repeats in Japan then to add an arc right in the middle of another. I'm all for filler cause it adds interesting twists but this one just crosses to many lines.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fishbulb13

[2]Aug 14, 2009
    • level: 16
    It could fit in anywhere before Ichigo and co. went to Hueco Mundo, but, just like the Shuuuuusuke Amagai arc, it doesn't really go anywhere. Expect minor inconsistencies, and apparently spoilers.

KingofIPirates

[3]Aug 15, 2009
    • level: 32
    It would at least help if they were even considerate enough to demonstrate when/where these obscure occurences are taking place at the beginning of each of these filler episodes but they're too lazy to do it. It would also make sense to simply point out that this is an alternate reality (if they have that much trouble incorporating them into the storyline) as opposed to fighting one minute and lounging on the beach the next.
    Edited on 08/15/2009 7:38am

Fishbulb13

[4]Aug 15, 2009
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    It would at least help if they were even considerate enough to demonstrate when/where these obscure occurences are taking place at the beginning of each of these filler episodes but they're too lazy to do it. It would also make sense to simply point out that this is an alternate reality (if they have that much trouble incorporating them into the storyline) as opposed to fighting one minute and lounging on the beach the next.

By nature, filler is never supposed to fit in the main storyline. That's why there are often inconsistencies.

Llama_guy

[5]Aug 15, 2009
    • level: 53
    Eh. I think of it this way: Bleach goes on hiatus, rather, they air some random spin-off series of it.

Fishbulb13

[6]Aug 16, 2009
    I think a spin-off starring Chad and Nova would be a fun show. Think of the dialog:

Chad: ....
    Nova: .......
    Chad: ...
    Nova: ....?
    Chad: .....!

Ranemoraken

[7]Aug 17, 2009
    • level: 20
    Fishbulb13 wrote:
    I think a spin-off starring Chad and Nova would be a fun show. Think of the dialog:

Chad: ....
    Nova: .......
    Chad: ...
    Nova: ....?
    Chad: .....!

Play some "dust in the wind" and you've got an emmy award winning montage.

ross93

[8]Aug 17, 2009
    • level: 14
    its a filler need i say more??? well if i have to its just so that the anime dosnt catch up too quickly to the manga and needs the manga to be a it further ahead than the anime. ie naruto. the anime is about 18months to about 2 years behind the manga lol

KingofIPirates

[9]Aug 17, 2009
    • level: 32
    Fishbulb13 wrote:

By nature, filler is never supposed to fit in the main storyline. That's why there are often inconsistencies.
    Granted but it should at least be a branch off of the actual storyline where it doesn't blatantly interrupt the flow of the overall story. As you surmised fillers by nature are inconsistent but at least other animes make an attempt to disguise them by not introducing an entirely new story in the middle of an ongoing one without the guise of literary devices.

Phire_Therra

[10]Aug 17, 2009
    • level: 1
    Hahaha, you guys are all funny.

Personally, I think what they're doing is great.

1) This sudden drop from the fighting and probably very long pause in the main plot is creating tension. We all want to see what happens!

2) I'd like to point out how flippin long the fight is in the manga. They're not even DONE it yet. They're using the manga as a base, if they go past what they've wrote, oh well we've got another Full Metal Alchemist situation. Two different story lines with the same characters. The writers for the managa and anime are different people.

3) The Zanpaktou arc happens after the war. It would make sense for it to be after the war and not before it because before it Histugaya was in the human world. And Ichigo would be all running after Inuoe because she went to hueco mundo. Also, the third bleach movie, is after the war too. 4) Agreeably, the filler should be hidden a little better, but you try going from a middle of a massive fight the series has been aiming for, to something else, without cutting the massive fight off and dispointing everyone.

5) To all those who think the Bount (spelt with an o on the end?) arc is filler, to you I laugh at you and your incompetnance (and me for not being able to spell). It was stated IN the anime the war would take place a year after Aizen, Tousen, and Gin left the Soul Society. 6) In the 'A New captain aka Aamagi Shuuske' arc, and this Zanpaktou arc the opening song as both said "You've changed to the story" or something along those lines. Indicating the story has changed.

7) The reason why they have to come up with these fillers is because the episodes are already ordered. They can't do reruns it would case ratings to go down, and it would cause people to be less interested in the show when it did come back on. It's a money thing. I like having these fillers because I'm reading something and watching something that have two different plot lines. I'm not watching something where I already know what's going to happen. 9) agreeably the two or three RANDOM episodes at the end of season... 10? the ones right before the zanpaktou arc were incredibly odd. I will say that. Although one showed us the events, or day, how every one met before the first episode. The beach one seemed like one of the short clips at the end of the credits. Odd, yes, funny... yeah I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the stupid things.

totallyaninja

[11]Aug 17, 2009
    • level: 13

Phire_Therra wrote:
    5) To all those who think the Bount (spelt with an o on the end?) arc is filler, to you I laugh at you and your incompetnance (and me for not being able to spell).

I don't think you know what filler is.

peaceknuckle

[12]Aug 17, 2009
    • level: 15
    totallyaninja wrote:

Phire_Therra wrote:
    5) To all those who think the Bount (spelt with an o on the end?) arc is filler, to you I laugh at you and your incompetnance (and me for not being able to spell).

I laugh at people with incompetnance too. It's funny when old people have to use diapers.

Fishbulb13

[13]Aug 17, 2009
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    Fishbulb13 wrote:

Granted but it should at least be a branch off of the actual storyline where it doesn't blatantly interrupt the flow of the overall story. As you surmised fillers by nature are inconsistent but at least other animes make an attempt to disguise them by not introducing an entirely new story in the middle of an ongoing one without the guise of literary devices.

There are some anime that do that, but Bleach isn't really one of them. The problem with having a filler arc that is integrated into the storyline is that there is no room for character development (lolz), and everything must be back to the way it was before the filler arc started. Filler integration works well enough in the short term (for example: the Menos forest arc), but would not in the long run (the Bount arc).

Phire_Therra wrote:
    Hahaha, you guys are all funny.

Personally, I think what they're doing is great.

Don't get us wrong, many of us enjoy, or at least tolerate filler. Personally, I liked all of the filler they've done so far, save for the Bount arc.

Phire_Therra wrote:
    4) Agreeably, the filler should be hidden a little better, but you try going from a middle of a massive fight the series has been aiming for, to something else, without cutting the massive fight off and dispointing everyone.

If that's the case, the anime writers could have easily inserted filler during the Turn Back the Pendulum arc, where it wouldn't be so obtrusive. Instead, they waited until there was really no way they could seamlessly transition to filler.

Phire_Therra wrote:
    5) To all those who think the Bount (spelt with an o on the end?) arc is filler, to you I laugh at you and your incompetnance (and me for not being able to spell). It was stated IN the anime the war would take place a year after Aizen, Tousen, and Gin left the Soul Society.

By its definition, filler is anything that does not occur in the manga. Since the Bount are an anime only phenomenon, they are filler.

Phire_Therra wrote:
    7) The reason why they have to come up with these fillers is because the episodes are already ordered. They can't do reruns it would case ratings to go down, and it would cause people to be less interested in the show when it did come back on. It's a money thing.

Naturally.

Phire_Therra wrote:
    I like having these fillers because I'm reading something and watching something that have two different plot lines. I'm not watching something where I already know what's going to happen.

A lot of us are watching because we want to see the manga chapters animated. Sure, the zanpakuto rebellion looks like it will be an interesting diversion, but many of us are itching to see Ichigo v. Ulquiorra.

Phire_Therra wrote:
    9) agreeably the two or three RANDOM episodes at the end of season... 10? the ones right before the zanpaktou arc were incredibly odd. I will say that. Although one showed us the events, or day, how every one met before the first episode. The beach one seemed like one of the short clips at the end of the credits. Odd, yes, funny... yeah I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the stupid things.

You'll find it even more odd that those were actually taken from the manga, or, more specifically, from Omake chapters.

Ranemoraken

[14]Aug 17, 2009
    • level: 20
    peaceknuckle wrote:
    totallyaninja wrote:

Phire_Therra wrote:

I laugh at people with incompetnance too. It's funny when old people have to use diapers.

I think, that this is funny. And I shall quote it.

I suppose now that Bleach has gone all "WTF" for filler now, that it really opens up a new world for them. It was bad the first time, but now its not so bad. At least the canon isn't too slow in the anime. And btw, They are doing the FMA thing right now, but they are also doing the manga. Stupid cake...and eating it...

FlareFox92

[15]Sep 5, 2009
    • level: 24
    I really like the current filler thats happening, we get to see the personalities of everyone's swords and everything

seeing Shirosaki is always a plus not to mention I believe Kubo wrote this filler or something along the lines similar to that, at least thats what I heard

dancingbeatle

[16]Sep 8, 2009
    • level: 45
    Not munch to say, since I have only watched the first two episodes from this arc, but I do like seeing the spirits of the zanpakutos.

Darketernal777

[17]Oct 2, 2009
    • level: 7

I must say that this filler arc feels, at least to me, as though Kubo wrote it or at least supervised it. I'm not entirely sure the filler writers would be given enough leeway to completely come up with manifested zanpaktou forms, especially since so few zanpaktous were revealed in manifested form in the first place.

Secondly, I may be mistaken on this one, but didn't one of the recent episodes feature a bakudou spell that wasn't in any manga? It was the one that momo did to seemingly ensnare her zanpaktou, but she was actually aiming for the other one?

One could say that because the physical forms look different than the manifested ones that this filler isn't sanctioned by canon, as in the case of Renji where his manifested form is a monkey with a snake tail, and in this one is a monkey haired woman with a snake-like little kid joined by a chain. These alterations could be argued to make this filler arc completely kubo unrelated, but it still has a nice canon-ish feeling to it. Hopefully it won't take too long, though.

peaceknuckle

[18]Oct 2, 2009
    • level: 15
    Darketernal777 wrote:

I must say that this filler arc feels, at least to me, as though Kubo wrote it or at least supervised it.

Someone give this guy a cookie. He's at least had a pretty good deal of input on the arc, but as far as canon goes, I'm not sure yet, let it finish and see what other crazy stuff comes about.