Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

Is Bleach the masculinty Sailor Moon?

nyfan

[1]Sep 13, 2009
    • level: 20

I know it sounds crazy but hear me out, do you think Bleach is the masculity Sailor Moon, was Kubo a fan after all I have seen SM references on the show, for example one of the outfits that Yuzu made for Kon a Sailor Senshi outfit?

Here is some simularities, it starts out with the main character living a nomal (besides Ichigo seeing ghosts) but it is soon discovered they have special powers that they didn't know about, and amoung those people that have the power, they are special even among them and are the choosen ones.

They start out basicly on their own fighting villains, they shortly others join them and they become leaders of a team, Usagi has the other four Senshis, Ichigo hads Orihime, Uryu, and Chad. Than later Rukia and Renji though he loses Orihime as his allie as she is captured by Aizen.

Also in the beginning you see a lot of the main character's family and classmates. But as the series progressive their roles shrink and they slowly become forgotten.

On Bleach they clinse the Hollows and allow them to be reborn and giving a second chance. In Sailor Moon they sort of did that to some of the villains, they forgave them and let them be reborn or memories erased and start a new.

The differences in what might defines between men and women is, while Usagi and friends didn't want to fight but did if they had to, Ichigo and friends they love to fight. (except for Orihime)

Last but not least, both series had talking cats.

Edited on 09/13/2009 4:52pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fishbulb13

[2]Sep 13, 2009
    • level: 16
    No?

Ranemoraken

[3]Sep 13, 2009
    No.

and...yes.

But only if you compare Bankai with Make-up.

The rest is coincidental/homage to Yu Yu Hakusho.

nyfan

[4]Sep 13, 2009

I will say this, one difference is Sailor Moon is dominated by female characters, there is like one male male character of sugnificants in the series. I guess Takeuchi didn't know how to write for male characters. Bleach has many strong female characters. Sure it is a series geared towards boys, but it is not just guys in the series.

Edited on 09/13/2009 8:17pm

Fishbulb13

[5]Sep 13, 2009
    • level: 16
    There is more than one difference.

peaceknuckle

[6]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 15

I see.....

amber_jahn

[7]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 12
    nyfan wrote:

Here is some simularities, it starts out with the main character living a nomal but it is soon discovered they have special powers that they didn't know about, and amoung those people that have the power, they are special even among them and are the choosen ones.

They start out basicly on their own fighting villains, they shortly others join them and they become leaders of a team.

Also in the beginning you see a lot of the main character's family and classmates. But as the series progressive their roles shrink and they slowly become forgotten.

On Bleach they clinse the Hollows and allow them to be reborn and giving a second chance. In Sailor Moon they sort of did that to some of the villains, they forgave them and let them be reborn or memories erased and start a new.

Last but not least, both series had talking cats.

The similarities you mentioned are basic ingredients in nearly every anime/manga...so using your reasoning you could basically just plug in any two anime and find startling similarities

Llama_guy

[8]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 53
    I could probably find things that almost every one of the hundred or so series I've watched have in common.

So, no.

xcrystalstarx

[9]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 5
    Ranemoraken wrote:
    But only if you compare Bankai with Make-up.
    HAHAHA! XD