Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

Isshin Kurosaki (spoilers)

DuoMaxwell007

[1]Nov 17, 2011
    • level: 12

Other than him taking out the grand fisher then making a reappearance to smack Aizen around a bit do we EVER learn more about him? I mean its kinda unfair to introduce a charact er that big (big as in Ichigo's dad who for 6 or so seasons we thought was just an oddball paraent) that sso powerful he could smack the likes of Aizen around with one finger.

Not really fair you get a character like that but then never go into more detail about hishistory.. like why hes so strong... how he became a soul reaper, why the current captains (especially yamamoto) dont know how... would that mean hes been around been longer than Yamamoto and thus older than he is? etc etc. The Vizoreds got a whole 6 episode arc explaining their origins they could at least give us 1 episode to give us details about Isshin.... sooo do we even find out more eventually? Or will that remain one huge plot thread left unsolved? (btw i dont watch teh subs or read the manga so I would prefer to know if any of those questiosn are answsered without spoiling it.. I just dont wanna waste my time hoping/waiting for something thats never gonna happen)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ghost_face99

[2]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 8
    It's a story in progress. It'll be answered in time.

All I can really say about it.

DuoMaxwell007

[3]Nov 30, 2011
    do you KNOW that or is that just speculation? because with teh current non filler arc after that arrancars it seems liek teh writter is running out of ideas.. i mean.. lightbring? they just bring up a "new threat" everytime at least Naruto stays consistant...

also what about the kenpachi and his zanpukto thing? will that ever be wrapped up too or will bwe remain a captain who cant use shikai or bankai?

ghost_face99

[4]Nov 30, 2011
    Fullbring, it's called.

And it's a power user that's been around all along. They are not newly introduced. [The characters are, the type of power user is not]

And I don't think he's running out of ideas at all. The last threat was wrapped up and now a new one has been introduced. Plain and simple. That's pretty standard fare for a series with more than one arc/antagonist. [and let's face it, Aizen was never, at least IMO, going to be the only antagonist the series ever had]

And yes, I do know as Kubo has said it is a plot point that will be addressed. [along with the Royal Guard]

Let's have some patience now. The story isn't even close to over.
    Edited on 11/30/2011 3:27pm

syrusfan

[5]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 38

Yeah. After all, Kisuke's story was not really brought up until they went to the Soul Society, and even then his story never got much insight until deep in the Hueco Mundo arc. The other plot points might be touched upon, it'll just take a while.

DuoMaxwell007

[6]Dec 1, 2011
    not close to finish? and thats the bad thing.. animes getting over 300+ episodes get boring fast.. some of us would like to see a conclusion while weer still alive.. i mean one piece is 500+ episodes.. ho many of you can say youve seen ALL of them. I would think after DBZ ppl would wanna keep their shows to 300 eps max so ppl dont get bored or -shock- die,. before they know how it all ends.

As for new enemies coming up and running outta idea what I mean by that is take naruto for example.. from the beginning isnt been all about the tailed beasts, naruto and sasuke... 300+ episode later its STILL about tail beasts naruto and sasuke.. and im sure once those plot points are tied up the show will end.. sure in the middle of that new enemies and situations came into play (orichimaru, akatsuki, new hokages etc etc.. but the OVERALL plot line iis still the same...

bleach was doing the same thing up until Fullbring. I mean first the soul society arc.. when rukia was rescued they needed something new so they had a captain that was a bad guy... that still has a tie in and something to do with the soul society and its arc so I can see how that connects to the arrancars and AIzen.. but after the aizen and arrancar thing is finished its like they said "ok Ichigo is powerless so lets come up with Fullbring now" I mean how does the whole Fullbring thing connect with aizen and the arrancars? its like it came outta thin air.. what shoulda happened is we Know Ichigo is a Vizored so after the whole arrancar thing he coulda officially been a Vizored and joined them instead of officially being a soul reaper (that snot to say they still wouldnt be friends and whatnot) and new enemies and things coulda come during that phase.. at least it would keep everything consistent to the overall plot.

ghost_face99

[7]Dec 6, 2011
    While I more understand what you meant, I think you're applying a universal model to things....which doesn't work.

Fullbring doesn't connect to Aizen or the arrancars. And it doesn't need to. The story doesn't revolve around them.

When they were the antagonists, they were the main obstacle. But case in point, the story was never actually about them.

Bleach is more like DB. The overall story is about the main character and his journey as well as the affair of the world(s) around him. The actual subject is different depending on the arc.

As for Naruto, of course, Naruto and other central characters are a focus, but the Bijuu themselves aren't exactly a central focus. [It's really more about peace-disrupting villainous ninja and the strife brought upon the ninja world in an overall antagonistic context and what needs to be resolved]

Needless to say, though, comparing the plot structures of both of those is fruitless. One is arc-by-arc while the other has an overarcing conflict even with arc diversity.

As for longevity, I personally never found that to be an issue with anime. [and let's not exaggerate. I doubt these will even see a 30th of a single lifetime, much less a whole lifetime.]

A story is a story and I'd much rather the whole thing be told than get cut short on a misplaced sense of limit. And this goes for any fictional medium.

They have their ending points, but let's not cut the journey short on impatience. [besides, there are enough short anime as it is.]

Anyway, though, you say you're further back than all of this. I really wouldn't worry about it. Just know the conflict you're currently seeing in the story isn't all there is to said story.
    Edited on 12/06/2011 5:45pm
    Edited 2 total times.

DuoMaxwell007

[8]Dec 13, 2011
    Well as for their being enough Short animes out there um short sweet and too the point is a good thing... for example I dont think Fullmetal Alchemist woulda been HALF as great as it is if it were 100+ episodes... same for death note

as for your dragonball comparison.... not really because every single arc and new enemy that came into play the dragonballs played some part or made an appearance in every arc so as far as Im concerned DB stayed consistent too.

ghost_face99

[9]Dec 14, 2011
    Different stories. Not relevant. [This is not a universal topic that can apply to any narrative]

I still think longevity is, no offense, a poor reason by which to judge a narrative. Stories come in different lengths and there are those that take longer to tell. There are long and short [and there are some cases of the latter that feel incredibly rushed in doing so]. That's the plain and simple fact.

Neither is inherently better than the other either.

And I don't really see it that way. That was really only one theme. Going off of that logic, they're easily still keeping within boundaries in this series and a vast majority of others. Because they're still keeping with a series theme.

You'd really need to see it because I really do not think you have the full picture here.

But oh well. You're entitled to what you think. But I do find that length isn't a factor to any narrative, whether they span a mere amount of months or years.
    Edited on 12/14/2011 5:32pm
    Edited 2 total times.

MatejDijanin

[10]Apr 23, 2012
    • level: 5
    As long as it's logical and intelligently written it doesn't matter if it lasts 5 or 500 episodes... The thing is take a show like ''Dr. Who'' it's been running forever and people are still watcing becaus it is iteresting and that is the main point... People like things that are interesting and Blech or Naruto or DB are still interesting even though they been running for years.... Hell, fans are still hoping that DB will return someday... I went beside my point which is the lenght does not matter in the least, what matter is the substance, and luckily bleach has that in abundance... That's all...