TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

Japanese Sub Discussion (Spoilers)

darkforce7

[141]Oct 1, 2006
    • level: 22
    ladychaos1985 wrote:
    darkforce7 wrote:
    echelon101 wrote:
    Anyone know why they aren't airing the next episode next week?

According to another site i go to it says that the episode is coming on 4th of october

You know, they did ask why the episode wasn't going to be shown last week; not when the next episode was going to be shown...

oh no, i misread the question thank for clearing that up

Edited on 10/01/2006 7:02pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

2redeyes

[142]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 2

Looking forward to the next episode because Kenpachi rules.

Unless I'm missing someone... 5 bountou and Ichinose make 6 enemies remaining right?

lostminstrel

[143]Oct 3, 2006
    • level: 5
    echelon101 wrote:

Anyone know why they aren't airing the next episode next week?

I am going to hazard a guess that it might have to do with other scheduling conflicts. Both Bleach and Naruto are shown on the TV Tokyo channel (I think).

There is a lame 90 minute filler episode of Naruto happening this week. Since that no doubt cuts into other shows, they had to move things around. Bleach was sacrificed, since it is the same genre as Naruto....but WAY better.

Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. That's also highly probable.

Rukia_Kuchiki

[144]Oct 3, 2006
    • level: 25
    I think it could be there are trying to make the filler last longer. Also on a side note, we will see a new opener and new closer this week. The opener is by Yui, yes her again for you Life likers. I think it is ""Rolling star". The new ender is by June "Baby it is all you". So I think we are in about for another 23 filler episodes, or at least 12 more.

lostminstrel

[145]Oct 4, 2006
    I heard the number of incoming "filler" was lower...so I would lead on your 12 prediction. Also, I can't see them making this Bount arc last much longer. 23 more episodes seems excessive to wrap things up (though I realise that they can have "other" filler afterwards). At the same time, 12 episodes might not be enough if they are going to have extentensive battles for each of the remaining Bount and the "itchy nose" guy. So, your 23 might be right too.

It took approx. 180 chapters to make approx 60 episodes, so that's a huge rate of decay (3 to 1). We are now on chapter 245, and in 12 weeks that'll be 257. That's 97 new chapters, or just more than 32 new episodes worth with the 3 to 1 ratio. Still doesn't seem like enough to go ahead and start following the comic again/end fillers.

2redeyes

[146]Oct 4, 2006
    • level: 2

lostminstrel wrote:
    It took approx. 180 chapters to make approx 60 episodes, so that's a huge rate of decay (3 to 1). We are now on chapter 245, and in 12 weeks that'll be 257. That's 97 new chapters, or just more than 32 new episodes worth with the 3 to 1 ratio. Still doesn't seem like enough to go ahead and start following the comic again/end fillers.

Thats discouraging. I can think of two more factors to provide additional time to that evaluation ^^^

- 24 more episodes of filler combined with the absence of  episodes probably makes it closer to 28 weeks. (big deal I know)

- 28 more weeks of filler will allow for about 38 new weeks/episodes instead of 32 (again big deal)

Wishful math says... 28 weeks of filler allows for 37-38 weeks of new episodes = 65 week seperation. It could be an even larger gap if they skip episodes every so often when they resume from the filler, but the guys writing the source material need breaks as well right?

Edited on 10/04/2006 12:13am
    Edited 2 total times.

lostminstrel

[147]Oct 4, 2006
    Yea, it is discouraging to think about it that way. However, I've recently started reading the comic (after getting caught up in the episodes), and I noticed that some things are omitted, at least early on. The comic has a lot more "family time" and "school time" scenes it seems, relative to the episodes that were about those same segments of the story. This makes for a very poor comic to cartoon ratio, since with many of those scenes omitted, certain chapters of the comic become a lot shorter after they are made into the cartoon.

I don't know how it is later on, but I suspect chunks of chapters continue to get left out to varying extents. If this is not done however, then the ratio I would guess would be a lot better, perhaps closer to 1.5 to 1.

At the same time though, most of what I've noticed has been omitted is silly stuff. Things like Chizuru being wacky, Keigo over reacting, and Tatsuki lecturing Orohime on how it was dum to not let Ichigo walk her home because she missed a chance to put the moves on him.

Silver-storm

[148]Oct 4, 2006
    YES! The new opening has MANGA STUFF IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we saw a glimps of sode no shirayuki and a definit Grimmjaw

ladychaos1985

[149]Oct 4, 2006
    • level: 8
    Silver-storm wrote:
    YES! The new opening has MANGA STUFF IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we saw a glimps of sode no shirayuki and a definit Grimmjaw

I do not see where people are seeing Grimmjaw in the new opening.  I've seen Aizen in it and possibly Gin, but no Grimmjaw or other Arrancar.
    The only real manga stuff that I see in the opening is Ichigo vs Hollow Ichigo and Hitsugaya et al on Earth.

Silver-storm

[150]Oct 5, 2006
    Oops my bad, it was Aizen, not Grimmjaw

Rukia_Kuchiki

[151]Oct 5, 2006
    I sort of figured it out for the exact number. Besides episode 1, which was chapter 1, pretty much every other chapter covers about 2.3 chapters, sometimes about 3 chapters. 2.3 fit.  Right about now they would have enough for about 40 episodes of the regular arc, that means the manga would make one every week, for the next 40 and it would be even with that chapter. 62 gaps 2.3 per episode is about 26, 26/2.3 would be about 11. Making for about 40 episodes. I think this manga arc is going to last longer then the Soul Society, because it doesn't seem to moving anywhere, unlike the SS arc.

Also cool to see Maki get his butt handed to him. Glad he is down, didn't really like him.

lostminstrel

[152]Oct 5, 2006
    Good analysis of the chapter to episode conversion - and of course, as they start showing episodes based off the manga again, the manga continues on, slowly (every 2.3 weeks, you say) adding to what the show can copy from.

Given how the manga starts off again after the Soul Society arc, I think it is likely that the show will resume with the comic's story line once this Bounto thing ends. The reason being that after they are done in Soul Society with the Bounto, they can leave Rukia behind again and return to the Normal World - putting things exactly in line with how they were in the manga after the Soul Society arc (with the exception that it is no longer the end of summer vacation I guess). Of course, something will need to be done about Ishida and his Bracelet of Spirit Partical Gathering, but that's easy to do.

Lastly, why did you hate Ichinose? He was a bit of a loser (just a follower), but I thought he was a good fighter. I was a bit disappointed that they made his technique so strong that Kenpachi needed to pull of the eye-patch for a second, since that is saying lot about his strength, but oh well.

terrabreak13

[153]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 11
    What's the name of that little girl vice captain again, Yachiru? It was really cool how she flipped on top of Kenpachi's shoulder in the end . The fight was ok I guess, I was hoping that Ichinose was able to go bankai but his attack was powerful nonetheless. I wonder who Hitsugaya will fight.

Rukia_Kuchiki

[154]Oct 6, 2006
    Ichonise strength just seemed way to off for a non Vice Captain. I mean if his shi-kai was strong enough to kill Zaraki, will Ichigo worked his butt off. I just didn't like how they how they made him too strong for not even a high seated officer. (My personal beilef he was about 5th seat, when he left.) That is more or less, why I didn't like him. I mean you strong shi-kai, but Ichigo struggled aganist him, but not Ikkaku. 

lostminstrel

[155]Oct 6, 2006
    I agree. I thought they overdid Ichinose's power by quite a bit. Still, even though he was a non-vice Captain when he left, and probably a lower seat (perhaps 5th like you say), he could have become stronger since that time. However, it was lame that he pressed Kenpachi so hard. His shikai is pretty much the opposite of Tousen's bankai (light instead of darkness), but it comes with an "auto-kill crush all shadows" feature. That made it pretty "cheap", and sort of a major "oops" for the writers to do that.

I did like Kenpachi's line though in response to the attack. Something to the effect of: You're trying to eliminate all shadow using light? Idiot! Wherever there is light, there will be shadow! - he's right, because it is light that casts the shadowd, and also good and evil cannot exist without the other...if you want to get metaphorical.

WaywardUsername

[156]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 11
    lostminstrel wrote:
    I agree. I thought they overdid Ichinose's power by quite a bit. Still, even though he was a non-vice Captain when he left, and probably a lower seat (perhaps 5th like you say), he could have become stronger since that time. However, it was lame that he pressed Kenpachi so hard. His shikai is pretty much the opposite of Tousen's bankai (light instead of darkness), but it comes with an "auto-kill crush all shadows" feature. That made it pretty "cheap", and sort of a major "oops" for the writers to do that.

I did like Kenpachi's line though in response to the attack. Something to the effect of: You're trying to eliminate all shadow using light? Idiot! Wherever there is light, there will be shadow! - he's right, because it is light that casts the shadowd, and also good and evil cannot exist without the other...if you want to get metaphorical.

good point. it might be some sort of symbol that there needs to be a balance of the two. lol. i meant to point out how funny it is that Tousen tried to kill Zaraki encasing him in a shell of darkness, and Ichinose tried to kill him encasing him in a shell of light..theres speculation that he used bankai. but idk i don't think the writers would forget to have him say "bankai". But who knows.

Silver-storm

[157]Oct 6, 2006
    Probly cause Banki is really special and a filler character would be a waste

lostminstrel

[158]Oct 6, 2006
    Yea, I don't think it was a case of forgetting to have him say "Bankai!", so much as it was an oversight of abilitiy balancing. They quite very nearly made a chumpy nobody able to kill people of captain level. That's huge. Already, aren't vice-captains typically ahead of the other seats by a fair margin? ...with 11th squad perhaps being the exception to this rule. And further ahead of them, captains are exponentially superior. To have some chumpy chump with a grudge be THAT good with his auto-win light-crush move...kind of careless charcter design.

Rukia_Kuchiki

[159]Oct 7, 2006
    I'll use fake numbers this would probably include the 11th division, but they have too many secrets, so there seated officers aren't in the right order. For the most part I think a captain is about .5 to 2 times powerful then there Vice Captain, and it probably stays that way through the rest through the seated officers. Which would probably explain why Chad struggled aganist Shunsin so much, even though he pwned the third seater. As for Ichinose I still think he was about a 5th seater when he left, hanging with the bount probably put him with 3rd seater.

Zaraki was right though shadows can't be get rid of in the light. The thing I want to see know is Aizen take on Ichinose with that release. Since he was good at hiding his raitisu. It would be an interesting battle, under Aizen hypnosis, but Aizen couldn't see him. I still think Aizen would win once he cut him, like in the Tousen vs. Zaraki battle.

lostminstrel

[160]Oct 7, 2006
    Whoa! Aizen vs. Ichinose is a good match-up suggestion! And I don't mean just for the fight. Depending on when Ichinose left, he may never have seen Aizen's sword-release. If he didn't see it (i.e. in a "demonstration", like the vice-captains had), then he would be immune to the hypnosis, wouldn't he?

Suddenly, that makes him much more valuable to Soul Society. If I was them, I would have been rounding up all the Shinigami that were absent when Aizen did his "demonstration", since they would be the only ones that wouldn't see the illusions. Ichinose, due to writers' error, may have been such a Shinigami.