Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

Japanese Sub Discussion (Spoilers)

Rukia_Kuchiki

[161]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 25
    If I remember correctly, Byakuya was surprised by Renji shi-kai without callings its name, and was about to ask about ban-kai. So Aizen being a captain, that probably wouldn't be to hard to get him in hypnosis. It would be after Ichinose released the shi-kai in the first part of the episode. Aizen (probably) couldn't see through the illusion of lights, but yet Ichinose couldn't hit him because of the hypnosis. I know Aizen would heads down, but I think it would be interesting.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ladychaos1985

[162]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 8
    lostminstrel wrote:
    Whoa! Aizen vs. Ichinose is a good match-up suggestion! And I don't mean just for the fight. Depending on when Ichinose left, he may never have seen Aizen's sword-release. If he didn't see it (i.e. in a "demonstration", like the vice-captains had), then he would be immune to the hypnosis, wouldn't he?

Suddenly, that makes him much more valuable to Soul Society. If I was them, I would have been rounding up all the Shinigami that were absent when Aizen did his "demonstration", since they would be the only ones that wouldn't see the illusions. Ichinose, due to writers' error, may have been such a Shinigami.

Anyone who sees his sword being released, at any point in time, falls under the hypnosis.  The ONLY person who is immune to the hypnosis is someone who cannot see; ergo, the only person who is immune (that we know of) is Tousen.

lostminstrel

[163]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 5
    What I was saying though was that if he was absent long enough, Ichinose never saw Aizen's sword released. They were in different divisions and stuff afterall. If Ichinose was always in the Real World (either on missions, or because he ditched Soul Society), then he could have missed seeing Aizen ever release his sword.

If that's the case, Ichinose would be immune to Aizen's illusions, as long as he doesn't see the sword release at a later point. And, now that he is back in Soul Society (although dead), and Aizen's technique has been found out, then he can learn to fight blindfolded.

Basically, I am wondering if he HAD similar value to Ichigo, who as a new Substitute-Shinigami, never saw Aizen's release either, thus making him a good candidate for fighting Aizen.

WaywardUsername

[164]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 11
    he prob. would be a good match but like Rukia_Kuchiki mentioned since Aizen is a captain he can probably unleash Kyoka Suigetsu's shikai without having to say its name and just catch Ichinose offguard.
    Edited on 10/08/2006 8:22pm

lostminstrel

[165]Oct 8, 2006
    True, but since everyone already knows how it works, he could blindfold himself like I said. Then again, he's already dead, so it doesn't matter. I guess it falls to Ichigo and crew.

terrabreak13

[166]Oct 9, 2006

lostminstrel wrote:
    I agree. I thought they overdid Ichinose's power by quite a bit. Still, even though he was a non-vice Captain when he left, and probably a lower seat (perhaps 5th like you say), he could have become stronger since that time. However, it was lame that he pressed Kenpachi so hard. His shikai is pretty much the opposite of Tousen's bankai (light instead of darkness), but it comes with an "auto-kill crush all shadows" feature. That made it pretty "cheap", and sort of a major "oops" for the writers to do that. I did like Kenpachi's line though in response to the attack. Something to the effect of: You're trying to eliminate all shadow using light? Idiot! Wherever there is light, there will be shadow! - he's right, because it is light that casts the shadowd, and also good and evil cannot exist without the other...if you want to get metaphorical.

I don't think Ichinose's power was overdone in anyway. Kenpachi looked to be taking it easy the whole fight. He also always allow himself to be cut by the enemy. When Ichigo fought Kenpachi he couldn't even go Bankai yet and his sword handling skills were poor before he tarined with Zengetsu. He was still able to beat Kenpachi then without Bankai. This means Ichinose is weaker than Ichigo was then. Plus he has been away for a long time look at how far Ichigo and Renji came in a short time.

As for Tousen's bankai it's more than just complete darkness. The opponent also cannot hear or smell and I think his reitsu cannot be sensed.

lostminstrel

[167]Oct 9, 2006
    I guess you are right about Tousen's bankai, but at the same time, Kenpachi said he had some trouble moving and stuff inside Ichinose's shikai. Also, I mainly think he was "overpowered" because Kenpachi had to take the eye-patch off (if only for a little). I guess I just don't want to believe that some scrub "filler" character can be that good.

terrabreak13

[168]Oct 10, 2006
    Get over it they are strong. Plus the fillers would be lame if they didn't present a challenge. The next fight with Kariya should be really good.

WaywardUsername

[169]Oct 10, 2006
    From the looks of it I'm guessing they really are gonna have Ishida be the one to bring Kariya down. he's the only 1 left to really hold a grudge against Kariya. Ichigo fought him twice so it'd be kinda boring to still have him fight, Byakuya has a grudge but his fight came to a stalemate.

lostminstrel

[170]Oct 10, 2006
    That's what I'm thinking too. Ishida will be the one to get Kiraya in the end, and he'll break the bracelet in the process. That way, when they go back to the Human World, he can be his powerless-self like he was in the comic after the Soul Society arc, and things can pick up again from there.

And I don't hate it that much that a filler character is that strong, I was just being silly.

WaywardUsername

[171]Oct 11, 2006
    next episode looks like the epitome of filler. No1 even had their sword out. But thats just from the photos. mayb there'll be a surprise.

lostminstrel

[172]Oct 11, 2006
    Nothing can be worse than episode 80. C'mon, having Claud and Riri (or whatever) lay lame traps to prove to Ichigo that they can lay good traps was beyond terrible. That episode even had Keigo see that Afro-Shinigami guy! Is he even suppose to be able to see Shinigami at this point? I hold episode 80 in lower regard than those episodes about the Kamakura Heroes and Don Kinoji or whatever he's called.

WaywardUsername

[173]Oct 12, 2006
    lostminstrel wrote:
    Nothing can be worse than episode 80. C'mon, having Claud and Riri (or whatever) lay lame traps to prove to Ichigo that they can lay good traps was beyond terrible. That episode even had Keigo see that Afro-Shinigami guy! Is he even suppose to be able to see Shinigami at this point? I hold episode 80 in lower regard than those episodes about the Kamakura Heroes and Don Kinoji or whatever he's called.

oh yeah i remember that. that was like the epitome of filler.

Master_M2K

[174]Oct 12, 2006
    • level: 58
    I would have to say that the latest epsiode was kind of boring compared to the over recent epsiodes and how does the title "Shinigami vs. Shinigami! The Uncontrollable Power" have anything to with what happened. I didn't see any Power, let alone uncontrollable power. Unless you count that skinny little ninja who chucked that bitto at So Fong.

WaywardUsername

[175]Oct 12, 2006
    Master_M2K wrote:
    I would have to say that the latest epsiode was kind of boring compared to the over recent epsiodes and how does the title "Shinigami vs. Shinigami! The Uncontrollable Power" have anything to with what happened. I didn't see any Power, let alone uncontrollable power. Unless you count that skinny little ninja who chucked that bitto at So Fong.

i guess the uncontrollable power was Rizu (that flower doll thing). would've been better they actually showed the shinigami under Rizu's control actually fighting instead of just the Soi Fong incident. oh well i'm anxious to see Mayuri face that old guy; a big fish vs. a big worm lol.

Rukia_Kuchiki

[176]Oct 17, 2006
    Not all episodes titles match (or tell) what the episode will be about. Like the upcoming episode. Soi Fong Dies?

Anyways tomorrow Bleach will reach a big milestone for an anime, 100 club, not too many animes make it this far. Going to be odd it will be a filler, like 50.

It is going to be odd, too see if Soi Fong shi-kai will work this time, because she quit the last time...

Demonic-Master

[177]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 10
    Alright ! Its Big Fish vs. Big Worm next episode I wonder what the old guy will do about the poison

terrabreak13

[178]Oct 28, 2006
    I'm guessing episode 101 didn't come out this week. Is that so?

ladychaos1985

[179]Oct 29, 2006
    • level: 8
    Nope, no episode 101 this week.  Apparently there was a game the kept the show from being on.
    But for the rest of the year there are episodes scheduled.

Rukia_Kuchiki

[180]Oct 29, 2006
    Sad I must say when sports or games run long, for the cooler shows.