Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

Manga Discussion (Spoilers up to current chapter in Japan)

Patchi

[81]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 6

Lando65203 wrote:
    Well, and this is just my theroy I'm not trying to say this is accurate or anything I just kinda like it, Considering that whenever she uses any of her powers she ends it with "I reject" (at least in my translations) I imagine that they all work in more or less the same way. And if Aisen could get Hinamori to stop trusting Hitsugaya whom she grew up with (or something I'm a little off on how exactly that works in Soul Society either which way they spent alot of time together before they became Shinigami) Then he can probably hypontize her into becoming the type of person that could and would use Tsubaki to his full potential.

Well, regarding Hinamori, Hitsugaya was her childhood friend, but she was also extremely loyal to Aizen, being his vice-captain and all.  When he died and saw his body impaled on a building, she was obviously traumatized.  When someone that she was extremely close to and believed was infinitely strong (somewhat of a father-daughter relationship) to die, it obviously skewed her reality and she was thus willing to accept anything.  She attacked Kira, who she was good friends with, and then Hitsugaya, since she was pretty much ... going crazy, so to speak.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ultrassjstuart

[82]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 11
    Well it would take a while for something that big to sink in, i mean first you find the person you idolize to the point of loving brutally murdered, then tricked into thinking her oldest childhood friend was the killer, THEN finding out he was actually still alive and to top THAT off, it turns out hes really a scheming evil fiend whos been decieving you since you first met AND as the icing on the cake he ends up running you through with his sword! With all that trauma its only natural she would subconciously create some kind of mental defence to stop herself going off into a full scale nervous breakdown

Lando65203

[83]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 12
    LoL okay okay I give, I'm not saying that it's going to happen, but do you all think that given enough time that it could be possible?

otaku_4_lyfe

[84]Aug 28, 2006
    • level: 14

I was just thinking of something. Don't you have to be dead to be a shinigami (except in Ichigo's case)? So doesn't that mean that Urahara, Yoruichi, and like, almost everyone else in the series (besides the Karakura town regulars) is dead? And what about Ichigo's dad? I hope we find out more about how he became a shinigami soon! Is he even going to help in the war? From what I can gather, he is of captain level strength and could be a big asset.

I also want to see Urahara's bankai. Sorry if any of these topics were already mentioned.

WaywardUsername

[85]Aug 29, 2006
    otaku_4_lyfe wrote:

I was just thinking of something. Don't you have to be dead to be a shinigami (except in Ichigo's case)? So doesn't that mean that Urahara, Yoruichi, and like, almost everyone else in the series (besides the Karakura town regulars) is dead? And what about Ichigo's dad? I hope we find out more about how he became a shinigami soon! Is he even going to help in the war? From what I can gather, he is of captain level strength and could be a big asset.

I also want to see Urahara's bankai. Sorry if any of these topics were already mentioned.

there's been a lot of talk about this. and yeah technically i think they are all dead because the are spirits. Even Ichigo, he killed himself when he aquired Rukia's powers so technically he is dead, he just has the ability to reanimate his body, whereas the others don't have any bodies to go back to. At least that's the way i see it. Some people might see it differently though, idk.

Patchi

[86]Aug 31, 2006
    • level: 6

ultrassjstuart wrote:
    Well it would take a while for something that big to sink in, i mean first you find the person you idolize to the point of loving brutally murdered, then tricked into thinking her oldest childhood friend was the killer, THEN finding out he was actually still alive and to top THAT off, it turns out hes really a scheming evil fiend whos been decieving you since you first met AND as the icing on the cake he ends up running you through with his sword! With all that trauma its only natural she would subconciously create some kind of mental defence to stop herself going off into a full scale nervous breakdown

Not at all.  It's called shock.  Obviously, she DID have some sort of a breakdown, considering she attacked two of her lifelong friends.  She was definitely mentally scarred.

ladychaos1985

[87]Sep 1, 2006
    • level: 8

Chapter 241.  Something really interesting in this one.  Isshin meeting with Ishida Ryuken... apparently he had actually lost his powers at one point...  Interesting...

I loved Ishida's somewhat twisted logic justifying his trip to Hueco Mundo with Ichigo.

Well, at least it didn't take them 3 chapters to get into Hueco Mundo... should be interesting to see what happens next.  Looks like we'll have a fight right off the bat... with something very large judging on the size of it's hands.

I'd love to see what's happening in Soul Society right now... maybe we'll get to see something soon... ... maybe.

otaku_4_lyfe

[88]Sep 1, 2006
    ladychaos1985 wrote:

Chapter 241.  Something really interesting in this one.  Isshin meeting with Ishida Ryuken... apparently he had actually lost his powers at one point...  Interesting...

I loved Ishida's somewhat twisted logic justifying his trip to Hueco Mundo with Ichigo.

Well, at least it didn't take them 3 chapters to get into Hueco Mundo... should be interesting to see what happens next.  Looks like we'll have a fight right off the bat... with something very large judging on the size of it's hands.

I'd love to see what's happening in Soul Society right now... maybe we'll get to see something soon... ... maybe.

Hey, it's not twisted logic! He just "found a loophole" as he puts it.

Also, didn't Isshin Kurosaki say that he used to be a captain? I wonder what squad he was captain of? Maybe he was squad eleven's captain and then Zaraki beat him and Isshin lost his powers! Just a theory.

ladychaos1985

[89]Sep 1, 2006
    otaku_4_lyfe wrote:
    ladychaos1985 wrote:

Also, didn't Isshin Kurosaki say that he used to be a captain? I wonder what squad he was captain of? Maybe he was squad eleven's captain and then Zaraki beat him and Isshin lost his powers! Just a theory.

It was twisted logic that lead to his loophole... still hilarious though.

He never said that he was a captain, but he has a captain's coat connected to his arm.  He couldn't have been captain of 11th squad 'cause Zaraki killed the previous squad 11 captain.  My theory is that Isshin was 5th squad captain, and that Aizen was his vice-captain.  But that's just a strange theory I have.  I kinda doubt that it's true.  Of course, I never believe any of my theories could be true...

otaku_4_lyfe

[90]Sep 1, 2006
    ladychaos1985 wrote:
    otaku_4_lyfe wrote:
    ladychaos1985 wrote:

It was twisted logic that lead to his loophole... still hilarious though.

He never said that he was a captain, but he has a captain's coat connected to his arm.  He couldn't have been captain of 11th squad 'cause Zaraki killed the previous squad 11 captain.  My theory is that Isshin was 5th squad captain, and that Aizen was his vice-captain.  But that's just a strange theory I have.  I kinda doubt that it's true.  Of course, I never believe any of my theories could be true...

Isshin told that Hollow that came looking for Ichigo something like captains control the size of their zanpakutos because otherwise they would all be as tall as skyscrapers. He said that after the Hollow was so proud of his huge sword and making fun of Isshin's small one. So that kind of confirms that he was a captain.

ladychaos1985

[91]Sep 1, 2006

That just shows that he knows about Captains, not that he was a Captain.  At least with my logic that's what it means... I have a twisted logic at times...

otaku_4_lyfe

[92]Sep 1, 2006
    ladychaos1985 wrote:

That just shows that he knows about Captains, not that he was a Captain.  At least with my logic that's what it means... I have a twisted logic at times...

Twisted logic? Are u sure it's not just a loophole (laughs)? But the fact that he has a captain's coat is pretty significant, and I thought he said something like WE captains.

ladychaos1985

[93]Sep 1, 2006
    otaku_4_lyfe wrote:
    ladychaos1985 wrote:

Twisted logic? Are u sure it's not just a loophole (laughs)? But the fact that he has a captain's coat is pretty significant, and I thought he said something like WE captains.

The translation I read didn't have him use "we", but that doesn't mean that he didn't in the Japanese version...  But yeah, since he does have a captain's coat it's pretty much a given that he's a captain, I just don't think he's come right out and specifically said "I used to be a captain".  I just wonder why the heck he has it strapped to his arm... O_o seems like a weird way to keep it with you... Maybe has something to do with him leaving Soul Society.  Doesn't want to (or can't) be seen as a Captain now.

Edited on 09/01/2006 7:56pm

otaku_4_lyfe

[94]Sep 1, 2006
    ladychaos1985 wrote:
    otaku_4_lyfe wrote:
    ladychaos1985 wrote:

The translation I read didn't have him use "we", but that doesn't mean that he didn't in the Japanese version...  But yeah, since he does have a captain's coat it's pretty much a given that he's a captain, I just don't think he's come right out and specifically said "I used to be a captain".  I just wonder why the heck he has it strapped to his arm... O_o seems like a weird way to keep it with you... Maybe has something to do with him leaving Soul Society.  Doesn't want to (or can't) be seen as a Captain now.

You're right about him not clearly coming out and saying "I used to be a captain", but it's just that there is a lot of evidence. Kinda like all the evidence about Yondaime Hokage being Naruto's father (sorry I just had to sneak that in there).

WaywardUsername

[95]Sep 2, 2006
    This is my theory too. Every1 expects him to be captain of 11th squad. From the reactions of Tousen and that rogue shinigami Ichinose, Zaraki didn't just beat the former capt. he brutally murdered the former capt. so there's no way he could be. That could be why in Sajin's flashback they showed Aizen as a liutenant and not a captain. Only prob. with this is that Aizen has been a capt. longer than 20 years.

otaku_4_lyfe

[96]Sep 2, 2006

WaywardUsername wrote:
    This is my theory too. Every1 expects him to be captain of 11th squad. From the reactions of Tousen and that rogue shinigami Ichinose, Zaraki didn't just beat the former capt. he brutally murdered the former capt. so there's no way he could be. That could be why in Sajin's flashback they showed Aizen as a liutenant and not a captain. Only prob. with this is that Aizen has been a capt. longer than 20 years.

Well,  first the Bount episodes that Ichinose appears in are fillers, meaning that what happens in them can't be always taken as being true. So you never know. But second, who is Sajin?

ladychaos1985

[97]Sep 2, 2006

Komamura Sajin, captain of 7th division.

I also want to note that even though Aizen had been captain more than 20 years, so has Kurotsuchi.  Kurotsuchi must have taken over directly after Urahara left, so if Aizen took over after Isshin left, it makes them both captains at the same time.

Edited on 09/02/2006 1:22pm

otaku_4_lyfe

[98]Sep 2, 2006
    ladychaos1985 wrote:

I also want to note that even though Aizen had been captain more than 20 years, so has Kurotsuchi.  Kurotsuchi must have taken over directly after Urahara left, so if Aizen took over after Isshin left, it makes them both captains at the same time.

If they never showed the captain of 5th division when Aizen was vice-captain, then it is very possible that Isshin was 5th squad captain.

Oh and thanx, I didn't know that Komamura's first name was Sajin.

Lando65203

[99]Sep 2, 2006
    • level: 12
    Lando65203 wrote:
    ladychaos1985 wrote:

This better not be a long rescue arc. I don't really want to have to read through 100 chapters of them in Hueco Mundo...

It's cool that Chad's gotten a lot more powerful. That'll make it a little more interesting.

I love that Ishida very quickly broke his promise to his father about not having anything to do with Shinigami...

Well I don't know if you can say he completly broke his promise...He is helping Ichigo break a command given to him by the leader of the shinigami, so maybe that's like a loophole? Also is it just me or does Urahara just love doing stuff to iritate the crap out of soul society?

I posted that on 8/21 ... Just wanted to say I called it :-D

ladychaos1985

[100]Sep 2, 2006
    otaku_4_lyfe wrote:
    ladychaos1985 wrote:

If they never showed the captain of 5th division when Aizen was vice-captain, then it is very possible that Isshin was 5th squad captain.

Oh and thanx, I didn't know that Komamura's first name was Sajin.

They didn't show the captain of 5th division.  I checked.

You're welcome.  I hate not knowing character's names, so I tend to keep a list going.