Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

Manga Discussion (Spoilers up to current chapter in Japan)

Fishbulb13

[10421]Apr 15, 2013
    • level: 16
    Or hollow Bishonengetsu that can fire Quincy arrows?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

invisiblish

[10422]Apr 16, 2013
    • level: 9
    Psh... Getsuga Tenshou Arrows all day!!!

1 handed even!!!

Fishbulb13

[10423]Apr 17, 2013
    Now that I think about it, I guess we know how Aizen knew about Ichigo's mom without being a super creepy stalker.

invisiblish

[10424]Apr 17, 2013
    Well gosh, I really liked the idea of Aizen being a perv. Gave him some character... lol

CrimsonDragon24

[10425]Apr 18, 2013
    • level: 1
    But he IS a super creepy stalker! He stalked Ichigo!

Fishbulb13

[10426]Apr 18, 2013
    CrimsonDragon24 wrote:
    But he IS a super creepy stalker! He stalked Ichigo!

And Rukia. But at least he wasn't stalking Masaki.

CrimsonDragon24

[10427]Apr 18, 2013
    • level: 1
    I think he may have been stalking Masaki AND Isshin, since he told Ichigo that he'd known about him since he was born. That implies that he kept an eye on the parents.

invisiblish

[10428]Apr 19, 2013
    I don't think he was actively stalking them. He clearly saw them together right now and I'm going to bet that at some later point he will 'run into' them again. Ie. just putting 2 and 2 together to make 4.

I really don't think that Aizen is going to sit there and actively observe Ichigo's conception and their marriage and everything that follows.

Fishbulb13

[10429]Apr 20, 2013
    I sense a great potential meme here.....

MatejDijanin

[10430]Apr 23, 2013
    • level: 5
    I expected for it to be love... I seriously did... And it turns out it was because of Isshin honor.. At least we know from where Ichigo gets it... My opinion is that Aizen actively observed them since she(masaki) is the first quincy that was hollowfied...

Fishbulb13

[10431]Apr 23, 2013
    So, let's see.... Masaki is going to end up getting disowned or something, and eventually fall in love with Isshin, which will make Ryuuken angry/jealous/anotheremotion. I hope we get to see the ramifications of Isshin's decision, and whether or not it will be considered a desertion, or if Isshin will just be considered missing in action. Either way, that would explain why he took Masaki's last name, so as not to be discovered for whatever reason.

Something to ponder: how much does Masaki know (or how much will she know) about how she was saved? Will she find out that Isshin can't use his Shinigami powers as long as she's alive, and if she does know that, does she allow Grand Fisher to kill her rather than defend herself so that Isshin can be restored? Or does her partial hollowfication corrupt her Quincy abilities, preventing her from defending herself?

MatejDijanin

[10432]Apr 23, 2013
    Fishbulb13 wrote:
    So, let's see.... Masaki is going to end up getting disowned or something, and eventually fall in love with Isshin, which will make Ryuuken angry/jealous/anotheremotion. I hope we get to see the ramifications of Isshin's decision, and whether or not it will be considered a desertion, or if Isshin will just be considered missing in action. Either way, that would explain why he took Masaki's last name, so as not to be discovered for whatever reason.

Something to ponder: how much does Masaki know (or how much will she know) about how she was saved? Will she find out that Isshin can't use his Shinigami powers as long as she's alive, and if she does know that, does she allow Grand Fisher to kill her rather than defend herself so that Isshin can be restored? Or does her partial hollowfication corrupt her Quincy abilities, preventing her from defending herself?

So many questions, so few answers... Kubo is really getting ridicuolus...

invisiblish

[10433]Apr 24, 2013
    By Urahara's explanation, Masaki too would be unable to use her powers. It seems that he has to tie them together so as to hinder her powers (mostly the Hollow powers, but the Quincy powers would be a bi-product of that hindrance). This also explains why Masaki died saving Ichigo: she couldn't see (just as Isshin) the Grand Fisher's trick and could only yell at Ichigo to stop before jumping in to grab him. What's more she didn't have her powers to use and kill the Grand Fisher to begin with. It's the only possibility left for them. After what she did to that Hollow (One-Handed Quincy Arrow to the head) she wouldn't have an issue defeating a Hollow like the Grand Fisher unless she didn't have the ability to do so (A'la Urryu post Soul Society Arc - saved by Ryuuken).

I don't think we will see much more from them: Isshin will go missing in the real world, nobody will be able to detect him because of his lack of spiritual powers. Ryuuken will spite Isshin because he was the one able to save Masaki and double his spite because Isshin 'let' Masaki die. Urahara is still in hiding, nothing else to really wrap up. We can all but guess that Urryu is the son of Ryuuken and Kata-Giri.

Any more story development on 'the past' would be a waste of time, just give us some snip-its of the post incident life and jump back to Isshin and Ichigo discussing current events and actions to be taken.

Fishbulb13

[10434]May 1, 2013
    Is Shonen Jump on holiday break or something this week?

MatejDijanin

[10435]May 1, 2013
    Fishbulb13 wrote:
    Is Shonen Jump on holiday break or something this week?

seems like it...

invisiblish

[10436]May 8, 2013
    Sometimes I wish the chapters were released 2 at a time, especially with lackluster chapters such as this. Interesting information was given though: Isshin has been in the real world for 20 years or so.

Hmm... I'm curious and a little worried by the upcoming chapter. It's like going back and saying that Ichigo beat Byakuya because Byakuya had a cold and was limited in his fighting ability... don't mess with key facts just for shock value.

MatejDijanin

[10437]May 10, 2013
    invisiblish wrote:
    Sometimes I wish the chapters were released 2 at a time, especially with lackluster chapters such as this. Interesting information was given though: Isshin has been in the real world for 20 years or so.

Hmm... I'm curious and a little worried by the upcoming chapter. It's like going back and saying that Ichigo beat Byakuya... because Byakuya had a cold and was limited in his fighting ability... don't mess with key facts just for shock value.

I don't think it will be just for shock value. Ichigo was 8 at the time of masaki's death, and all we know about her death is that she was killed by grand fisher, and we know that because of his bait... but remember we only got glimpses of her just prior to and immeditely after her death and all from an 8 year old boys perspective (and kids tend to warp facts in their mind or even block traumatic events so as to cope with them ).. So it might well be a revelation of how she actually got attacked and/or why was she attacked... Putting aside Ichigo's sense of guilt, he might not be the reason why Masaki was killed (even by proxy) and I know that Ichigo saw the bait and ran to save it, but it was never stated that the bait was for Ichigo and not for Masaki.. Maybe there was an ulterior motive (maybe bach(everyone is forgetting about him it seems) or Aizen orchestrated the attack)

invisiblish

[10438]May 10, 2013
    MatejDijanin wrote:
    invisiblish wrote:

Hmm... I'm curious and a little worried by the upcoming chapter. It's like going back and saying that Ichigo beat Byakuya... because Byakuya had a cold and was limited in his fighting ability... don't mess with key facts just for shock value.

I don't think it will be just for shock value. Ichigo was 8 at the time of masaki's death, and all we know about her death is that she was killed by grand fisher, and we know that because of his bait... but remember we only got glimpses of her just prior to and immeditely after her death and all from an 8 year old boys perspective (and kids tend to warp facts in their mind or even block traumatic events so as to cope with them ).. So it might well be a revelation of how she actually got attacked and/or why was she attacked... Putting aside Ichigo's sense of guilt, he might not be the reason why Masaki was killed (even by proxy) and I know that Ichigo saw the bait and ran to save it, but it was never stated that the bait was for Ichigo and not for Masaki.. Maybe there was an ulterior motive (maybe bach(everyone is forgetting about him it seems) or Aizen orchestrated the attack)

I'm actually going to feel very cheated if it is revealed that Bach is behind her death. No offense but if he turns out to be just like Aizen I might seriously just wait for the story to end before picking it up again. Aizen, for all his great build up, feels more like a let down in the end. Granted he isn't dead so he could return to glory but overall his story felt empty in the end. I don't want another Aizen, criminal master-mind who is manipulating everything. Just give us a super-powerful enemy that is well informed on our heroes and able to defeat most of them handily. It's great that he has some personal history (Yama-ji) but don't make him that master manipulator that Aizen was. Got one, don't need to overplay it with 2, ya know?

Speaking of things, I'm going to a bit upset too if it turns out that Ichigo's hollow struck out and killed Masaki. It would make sense but that's a little too much don't you think? If his fragile state of being isn't broken it should be after learning that. I'm obviously leaning towards Hollow Ichigo striking out to the presence of the Grand Fisher (ie. imminent death) where as Ichigo wasn't in immediate death with Rukia arriving on scene to start the series.

invisiblish

[10439]May 15, 2013
    Well I'm cheated but not very cheated, nor do I think of Bach as Aizen. I thank the ending of this chapter for a saving grace. I find it hard to believe but it would be interesting to see Uryuu as a true enemy.

MatejDijanin

[10440]May 15, 2013
    invisiblish wrote:
    MatejDijanin wrote:
    invisiblish wrote:

I'm actually going to feel very cheated if it is revealed that Bach is behind her death. No offense but if he turns out to be just like Aizen I might seriously just wait for the story to end before picking it up again. Aizen, for all his great build up, feels more like a let down in the end. Granted he isn't dead so he could return to glory but overall his story felt empty in the end. I don't want another Aizen, criminal master-mind who is manipulating everything. Just give us a super-powerful enemy that is well informed on our heroes and able to defeat most of them handily. It's great that he has some personal history (Yama-ji) but don't make him that master manipulator that Aizen was. Got one, don't need to overplay it with 2, ya know?

Speaking of things, I'm going to a bit upset too if it turns out that Ichigo's hollow struck out and killed Masaki. It would make sense but that's a little too much don't you think? If his fragile state of being isn't broken it should be after learning that. I'm obviously leaning towards Hollow Ichigo striking out to the presence of the Grand Fisher (ie. imminent death) where as Ichigo wasn't in immediate death with Rukia arriving on scene to start the series.

Well he isn't behind her death, at least not explicitely... He's behind Uryuu's mom's death... Which makes me wonder why would Uryuu go to Bach? To infiltrate his ranks and seek revenge or did he become one of the bad guys for no real apparent reason?