Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

Movie #1

  • Avatar of ElijahHawkins4

    ElijahHawkins4

    [1]Jul 20, 2009
    • member since: 07/31/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 149
    I was wandering after which episode does the first movie come??
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of game_man1

    game_man1

    [2]Jul 21, 2009
    • member since: 08/22/03
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 258
    i believe it takes place just after the soul society arc. so that's like episode 65 i think.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LeonMorado

    LeonMorado

    [3]Jul 22, 2009
    • member since: 11/25/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 5,332

    the movies aren't canon. they aren't in the timeline at all.

    also, BAM!

    Edited on 07/22/2009 1:34pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of game_man1

    game_man1

    [4]Jul 23, 2009
    • member since: 08/22/03
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 258
    LeonMorado wrote:

    the movies aren't canon. they aren't in the timeline at all.

    also, BAM!

    well no but it makes more sense if you've seen all of the soul society arc.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Llama_guy

    Llama_guy

    [5]Jul 23, 2009
    • member since: 02/26/06
    • level: 53
    • rank: Commander in Chief
    • posts: 2,836
    Because of the powers introduced. This also makes it awkward to watch during/after the Arrancar arc. In a way.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of game_man1

    game_man1

    [6]Jul 24, 2009
    • member since: 08/22/03
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 258

    Llama_guy wrote:
    Because of the powers introduced. This also makes it awkward to watch during/after the Arrancar arc. In a way.

    not even in that arc yet here in canada which is a pain with the second movie supposedly coming out in september. gonna be some confusing parts for my sister.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of peaceknuckle

    peaceknuckle

    [7]Jul 24, 2009
    • member since: 10/19/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,388
    game_man1 wrote:

    Llama_guy wrote:
    Because of the powers introduced. This also makes it awkward to watch during/after the Arrancar arc. In a way.

    not even in that arc yet here in canada which is a pain with the second movie supposedly coming out in september. gonna be some confusing parts for my sister.

    It shouldn't really be a problem, the only thing with the movies is they don't fit into the canon timeline. Rukia was only in the real world before the SS event and after the Arrancar invasion, and she's in the real world at the start of both movies. Comparing that to hers and Ichigo's powers during the movies, they don't really fit. I'm pretty sure in the second movie, Ishida has powers that he doesn't get until much later in the series.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of game_man1

    game_man1

    [8]Jul 25, 2009
    • member since: 08/22/03
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 258
    peaceknuckle wrote:
    game_man1 wrote:

    Llama_guy wrote:
    Because of the powers introduced. This also makes it awkward to watch during/after the Arrancar arc. In a way.

    not even in that arc yet here in canada which is a pain with the second movie supposedly coming out in september. gonna be some confusing parts for my sister.

    It shouldn't really be a problem, the only thing with the movies is they don't fit into the canon timeline. Rukia was only in the real world before the SS event and after the Arrancar invasion, and she's in the real world at the start of both movies. Comparing that to hers and Ichigo's powers during the movies, they don't really fit. I'm pretty sure in the second movie, Ishida has powers that he doesn't get until much later in the series.

    well in the second movie if i remember right


    ***SPOILER***


    nothing major but enough to have you wondering "what just happened?".

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ElijahHawkins4

    ElijahHawkins4

    [9]Jul 28, 2009
    • member since: 07/31/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 149
    Ok so going off of what you guys just said...after which episode should i watch the first movie??
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of YoruichiMeow

    YoruichiMeow

    [10]Jul 28, 2009
    • member since: 02/21/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,412
    I'd watch it after the SS arc, so after episode 62 or so.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ranemoraken

    Ranemoraken

    [11]Jul 31, 2009
    • member since: 04/18/07
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 3,333
    Technically, IF you know absolutely nothing about Bleach beyond what you have seen on TV. Then to avoid the slightest possibility of spoilers, you can watch the first movie after 120 and the second after 125.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of peaceknuckle

    peaceknuckle

    [12]Aug 1, 2009
    • member since: 10/19/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,388
    Ranemoraken wrote:
    Technically, IF you know absolutely nothing about Bleach beyond what you have seen on TV. Then to avoid the slightest possibility of spoilers, you can watch the first movie after 120 and the second after 125.
    The real world crew all have their HM powers in the second movie, so you would have to at least get past their first HM fights.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.