Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

Theories and Speculation (May Contain Spoilers)

shadowscott

[1]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 23

Hey everyone. This thread is where everyone can speculate about anything that is a theory in Bleach. I was inspired by one of our other members of this forum and I too believe that this is a good thread. RB17, if you could pin this topic so it will not get lost, it would be greatly appreciated. Lets start off with some topics...

The story behind the Kurosaki family

The history of Urahara

How Isshin knows about the Vizards

How the Vizards and Isshin know about Aizen and Arrancars

Hope this thread is good for all you speculators out there!!

-Scott

RULES!!!!:

We need a set of rules and they need to be followed.

1. No bad language.

2. No flaming other users posts. This is mere speculation and if i see anyone doing this they will be warned, followed by a report. If it gets out of hand, I will ask for a lock of this thread. If you do not want to see it be locked, then don't post here.

3. An addition to the flaming rule, please no quote wars. I do not have to want to shut this thread down because of a post with 12 quotes on them. Its just annoying and pointless. 

More rules as people post and abuse what I think is bad.

Edited on 04/03/2012 5:36pm
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MalignantManor

[2]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 8

How Isshin knows about the Vaizards
    How the Vaizards and Isshin know about Aizen and Arrancars

Well most of SS should know of the Vizard. Arrancar were naturally occuring before Aizen came along and started to artificially make them so SS should know about them too. Isshin is a friend of Urahara so he has been kept in the loop. He also spies on Ichigo (atleast in his house if not elsewhere).

Edit- The story behind the Kurosaki family

Isshin seems to have fled because of the Shinigami/Quincy war or around that time. He stopped being a Shinigami 20 years ago. He is on very familiar terms with Ryūken. Urahara helped him by making a gigai that is probably hard to trace. He notes that it wouldn't be Urahara's fault if he was weaker. Isshin seems like he could hav been a captain, but we don't know for certain. If he was a captain, Hitsugaya is probably his replacement so he would have been in the 10th division.

Edit again:p- Quincy shinigami war war 200 years ago so that doesn't seem to be a major cause.

Edited on 04/26/2007 5:40pm
    Edited 2 total times.

shadowscott

[3]Apr 26, 2007
    When Kibu decides to end the manga, do you think Ichigo will die in the end? Will the end of the manga be when Ichigo defeats/is defeated by Aizen?

post some thoughts

peaceknuckle

[4]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 15
    MalignantManor wrote:

Edit- The story behind the Kurosaki family

Isshin seems to have fled because of the Shinigami/Quincy war or around that time. He stopped being a Shinigami 20 years ago. He is on very familiar terms with Ryûken. Urahara helped him by making a gigai that is probably hard to trace. He notes that it wouldn't be Urahara's fault if he was weaker. Isshin seems like he could hav been a captain, but we don't know for certain. If he was a captain, Hitsugaya is probably his replacement so he would have been in the 10th division.

I think that's a good possibility since Hitsuguya probably has the shortest current tenure as a captain.  Another theory I came up with is, what if Isshin was the previous 11th division captain who was killed by Zaraki Kenpachi?  I know it's highly unlikely, but it would be a pretty funny twist.  The other possibility is that he was part of the Royal Special Task Force, which would explain why no one really recognized the Kurosaki name in Soul Society

MalignantManor

[5]Apr 26, 2007

I think it would be more of a shock that he looked exactly like Kaien with his hair bleached. That is what everyone was focused on when they saw him. Isshin could have easily changed his family name.

One person tried to say that he was a captain before even Yamamoto, but that doesn't make since at all especially considering his ties to other people and the fact that he wasn't a Shinigami for 20 years not 800+.

Edited on 04/26/2007 5:01pm

Rukia_Kuchiki

[6]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 25

I would like to make one statement here, before this thread gets pretty far in post. Is that I know theories and specs can cause flame wars, so maybe there should be something like a mini-set of rules for this thread. So it doesn't get out of hand. This thread should probably also include questions you want answered in Bleach before it ends.

I want to know how much does Ryuken know about Aizen's and his plans, if so how many years has he known? I have a theory on it, but there is not enough background.

Ryuken, Isshin and Masaki? Is Masaki the cause of the hate for shinigami's because Isshin took her away from Ryuken. That is a thoery I heard. I also want to know why Masaki, seemed that important for Isshin to give up his Shinigami form.

As seen around episode 21, how does the Soul Society keeps it banishment on people they send to the real world. Because if they can block any kind of enterance, shouldn't Gin, Tosen and Aizen have no way to enter.

Why is Ryuken and Isshin, keeping important stuff from there son's knowledge. Safety? They went through the same thing?

One thing that peaked my interest is, that I read at some places, that every Shinigami has a hollow inside of them, but isn't accessable unless illegal techs. Same for hollows, they all have shinigami powers inside. Will the Soul Society allow this techs to even out the odds aganist the strongest of Aizen's and his army.

As for the end of Bleach, if Ichigo does die after Aizen, it will be the end of Bleach. But if there is another arc, no he won't be killed, if no other arc is planned, then yes.  

peaceknuckle

[7]Apr 26, 2007

I agree that there should be some no flame rules on this thread because everthing posted her is mere speculation and while some of it may be based on fact, it's really just an opinion thread. I just thought it would be interesting to see what other people think of these "Bleach mysteries", and see just how far out there some people think. 

Responding to Rukia's post about Ryukken,  It would stand to reason that he probably knows just as much as Isshin since he is retraining his son to fight in this war, and the conversation between the two earlier would lead you to believe no less.  I also think it's a very good possiblilty that there was some sort of love triangle between Isshin, Ryukken, and Masaki. And that it's also kind of funny that the same thing could end up repeating itself with Ichigo, Uryuu, and Orihime, althought I would like to see the series stay away from any kind of love triangle storyline, Rukia included.  

I also think it's highly probable that Aizen vs. Ichigo would be the end of the series, although it wouldn't surprise me to see Yamamoto, Shunsui, or Ukitake get to fight Aizen either.

And who says the series has to end there? The main story may be over by then, but I've read in Shonen interviews where Tite Kubo has said that he would like to write side and back stories for a lot of the characters and that the Bleach universe is far from having it's story finished. In particular he mentioned Zaraki and Hitsuguya. I'll look for the source, so don't flame me for not providing a link yet.

shadowscott

[8]Apr 26, 2007
    i added a few rules...message me if you think i should add some

Rukia_Kuchiki

[9]Apr 26, 2007
    • level: 25

I have mine own theories to my own questions, but I just wanted to see what others thought. Since the father characters are a big unknown in Bleach. I was thinking Ryuken pretty much knows everything what is going on. He is a loving father in his cold sense of ways.

Lets just say with my job, the times I think about Bleach, I get really odd theories. But that also causes many questions.  I do believe Bleach could almost do a spin-off. But I would like it to go more in the background as the story progresses, personally. How I think either Bleach will have a new arc or not, will be on when this Aizen is dead. If it is still like selling really well, I think there will be one more arc. If sales are ehh, I would image it to stop.  But the new bad guy won't be stronger then Aizen. I think after that arc would happen (if), Bleach will end.

With sides stories of background on characters, like Rukia. Rukia's past isn't all known. I want to know what her name was before Kuchiki became her name.

framebreak

[10]Apr 27, 2007
    • level: 1
    No theories but I have a question... anybody feel free to answer it.

1)Where the hell did the shinigami first come from? Byakuya constantly stated that Ichigo was only human leading me to believe that he always has been a shinigami. Is that the case? Were they always in Soul Society or were they all humans at one time that died?

peaceknuckle

[11]Apr 27, 2007

framebreak wrote:
    No theories but I have a question... anybody feel free to answer it. 1)Where the hell did the shinigami first come from? Byakuya constantly stated that Ichigo was only human leading me to believe that he always has been a shinigami. Is that the case? Were they always in Soul Society or were they all humans at one time that died?
    Soul Society is supposed to be like Heaven, so when any human dies who doesn't go to hell, or get turned into a hollow, they are sent to SS.  I would assume as long as this world was around, so was SS.  As for shinigami, Yamamoto started the Shinigami Institure over 2000 years ago, but I would venture to say that there were shinigami before that, just probably less organized. As for Byakuya, I don't know how the royal families or noble houses get their members, but it is said that when your body dies in this world you move on to SS, and when you die over there, you are reborn in the real world. I'm hoping this is explained more later, but I would have to guess that noble families and SS royalty would have to be born in SS.

I agree with Rukia, I think if they do a spin-off series, it would be awesome  to see one about the older characters in Bleach.  You can kind of group Urahara, Ryukken, Isshin, Yoruichi, Kuukaku Shiba, and get some pretty good back story out of those characters.

Shining_Bullet

[12]Apr 27, 2007
    • level: 5
    well, i dunno if this helps but5 i'll try.

its assumed that when a human dies, they are reborn into soul society depending on their time alive, and when a shinigami or soul from soul society dies, they are reborn on earth. now, there is some conflicting information that i see with something.
    if the souls are reborn, why are some of them still growing, yet others never age or grow? rukia, renji, and those kids all grew up, but the child chad saved stayed the same as when he was sent to soul society. if anyone has info on this, please do tell.

peaceknuckle

[13]Apr 27, 2007

Yeah, the whole aging in SS thing is a big question in the series. I think a better example than the parrot boy that Chad saved would be Yachiru, she has been around forever buty barely aged at all.  Does anyone know if they can get pregnant in Soul Society?

shadowscott

[14]Apr 27, 2007
    Just one more reminder. This is strictly a Speculation Thread. Any questions relating to the show that are answerable by concrete info (and not speculation) should be posted in my other thread, Ask a Question, Get an Answer.

framebreak

[15]Apr 27, 2007
    • level: 1
    peaceknuckle wrote:

Yeah, the whole aging in SS thing is a big question in the series. I think a better example than the parrot boy that Chad saved would be Yachiru, she has been around forever buty barely aged at all. Does anyone know if they can get pregnant in Soul Society?

Hitsugaya told Hinamori that she needed to go into a deep 10 year sleep if she wanted to age and develop. I'm guessing that's necessary if they don't want to look like kids forever.

Also, on the flipside of your question... If Ichigo's father was originally a shinigami and lives in the real world in a gigai, how the hell did he get Masaki or whatever her name is pregnant??? Can  gigai do that? lmaoooooooooo 

Edited on 04/27/2007 2:36pm

MalignantManor

[16]Apr 27, 2007
    Well apparently Shinigami enjoy it. I don't know how possible it is in their spiritual bodies, but there was a guy that wanted to rape Rukia's gigai when she wasn't in it. The 11 year old looking blond (too lazy to look up her name) was worried about losing her virginity (probably joking though)when poked by Shinji. They seemed to be in spiritual bodies at the time.

As seen around episode 21, how does the Soul Society keeps it banishment on people they send to the real world. Because if they can block any kind of enterance, shouldn't Gin, Tosen and Aizen have no way to enter.

Well it is show time and time again that they can't stop people very well. Ichigo and others entered through a cannon ball. They could have entered through the gates if it wasn't for Gin. This is the opposite, but Aizen and company got away pretty easily.

On another note from earlier in the thread. Soul Society sure isn't much of a heaven. It is shown to be a pretty horrible place for thousands or millions of people. Yachiru grew up playing in blood and watching everyone kill each other. After that, it got a little better after she was safe and got to watch Kenpachi do all the killing. Renji and Rukia stole food to survive although most people don't need food to survive. They all seem to feel the need to eat.

Gilgalad505

[17]Apr 28, 2007
    • level: 4
    heres my wack job theroy: Aziens Boss = Maskai or at least Masaki being on of the vastro loads (sp)

peaceknuckle

[18]Apr 30, 2007
    I was watching an episode where Aizen says they still have to finish gathering the Vastro Lordes,  I was wondering how many of the current Espada were Vastro's, and how many more could there be out there to convert?  I would kind of eliminate Yami, and going by the ease that Grimmjaw dispatched Luppi, I would think he might be the lowest ranked Vastro Lorde, giving a possibility of six of them so far. And besides that, the only one that really looked like what the outline of a Vastro was Ulquiorra. So who do you think are Vastro Lordes out of the Espada, and how many more do you think will be introduced later?

rex41e

[19]May 4, 2007
    • level: 5

I agree with ichigo fathers being 10th squad captain. I also think he left SS because he came to earth on an assignment and fell inlove with Ichigo's mom, so he left SS to be with her... or he left SS because urahara-san was exiled and since they were friends he didnot approve of the jugdement and he left SS with urahara.

My question is Aizen said even God was not in heaven... so is God the king of SS? and that means SS is not heaven... so heaven is? where is this heaven?

xiaolin_warrior

[20]May 4, 2007
    • level: 6

question..... I don't know if it has something to do with Isshin's past or it's already known but

how did Karin knew that Ichigo was a shinigami, could her father possibly say that to her? and another question is

is there a reason for letting Rukia stay in Kurosaki's house? it's possible that Isshin know something about Rukia being a shinigami right?