Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

Theories and Speculation (May Contain Spoilers)

MalignantManor

[61]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 8
    They were talking about Kaien Shiba who looked exactly like Ichigo just with black hair.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WKWARRIOR

[63]Jul 7, 2007
    • level: 2
    I have an outlandish theory about hitsguya's bankai. When Shawlong said that hitsguya's bankai lost all its flowers, his power went away, and everyone here seems to just believe that. At the end of the fight, after he defeated Shawlong, though, hitsguya was relieved to see one of the petals left, when he didn't even need his bankai anymore. I don't think hitsguya's bankai actually disappears when the petals are gone, i think the petals are seals that contain his true power. I think he needs the petals because he can't control the complete power of his ice dragon thing. Maybe when the petals disappear, hitsguya gains immense power but loses control to his zanpakto which just begins to attack anyone and everything near by. What do you all think. Also, someone asked earlier who the vasto lord espada were. For sure ulquirra and up are vastos as ulquirra has the same helmet and all more powerful than him would be vasto. Grimmjow maybe a vasto since he seems to at least be on level with ulquirra (i remember hearing that ulquirra was afraid to fight grimmjow) so the vasto lord are definitly 1-4, possibly 1-6, definitly not 9 or 10 (9 was only an espada cause he absorbed other hollows and yami has the same head ridges as the adjuchas)
    Edited on 07/07/2007 12:28pm

ore-wa

[64]Jul 7, 2007
    • level: 42
    WKWARRIOR wrote:
    I have an outlandish theory about hitsguya's bankai. When Shawlong said that hitsguya's bankai lost all its flowers, his power went away, and everyone here seems to just believe that. At the end of the fight, after he defeated Shawlong, though, hitsguya was relieved to see one of the petals left, when he didn't even need his bankai anymore. I don't think hitsguya's bankai actually disappears when the petals are gone, i think the petals are seals that contain his true power. I think he needs the petals because he can't control the complete power of his ice dragon thing. Maybe when the petals disappear, hitsguya gains immense power but loses control to his zanpakto which just begins to attack anyone and everything near by. ...

***SPOILER***
    so the meaning of the petals is still a mystery, or maybe he's already grown out of his "petals" stage during that fight. we'll probably find out when the witer war arc comes.
    Edited on 07/07/2007 4:27pm

enctv

[65]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 14

someguy0830 wrote:
    The orb was in the gigai, and got into her upon her possessing the gigai. She hasn't had it for fifty some-odd years.

I'm pretty sure that the Orb was in Rukia before she left the SS, because Aizen was looking for her right before she started her assignment, then she got "lost" on Earth, so he could not find her, but he already knew who she was. Although how they could not have met in the SS would come into question. I contend that Urahara has an accomplice in the SS, and right before Rukia's assignment, implanted the Orb. I think it is Mayuri Kurotsuchi because he likes to "play" with people.

NeoDreamslayer

[66]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 29
    That is an interesting theory about Hitsugaya's bankai. I never thought about that. I have another theory about the vasto lorde. Grimmjow totally destroyed Lupee after he got his arm back but Lupee was also number 6. Since they are the same number, why was Grimmjow able to kill him so quickly. Maybe Grimmjow is a Vasto but Lupee wasnt so 1-5 might be vasto and Grimmjow just barely made it into the Vasto Lorde category.

NP3Guitar

[67]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 4
    Hey just a random odd thing I found..... back in the soul-society arc when soukyoku was released Yamamoto called it's released form "KING" Kikou. Maybe soukyoku is somehow related to the actual king of ss?

someguy0830

[68]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 27
    enctv wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that the Orb was in Rukia before she left the SS, because Aizen was looking for her right before she started her assignment, then she got "lost" on Earth, so he could not find her, but he already knew who she was. Although how they could not have met in the SS would come into question. I contend that Urahara has an accomplice in the SS, and right before Rukia's assignment, implanted the Orb. I think it is Mayuri Kurotsuchi because he likes to "play" with people.
    When he heard about her disappearance in the real world, he started his plan. Getting a list of orders is easy, and the orb would have been detected if it were left in an active body. It needed a barrier to disguise its presence, something that couldn't be done with Rukia before she took the gigai. She couldn't have had the orb for any longer than she had Kisuke's gigai.
    Edited on 07/09/2007 7:41pm

WKWARRIOR

[69]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 2
    NeoDreamslayer wrote:
    That is an interesting theory about Hitsugaya's bankai. I never thought about that. I have another theory about the vasto lorde. Grimmjow totally destroyed Lupee after he got his arm back but Lupee was also number 6. Since they are the same number, why was Grimmjow able to kill him so quickly. Maybe Grimmjow is a Vasto but Lupee wasnt so 1-5 might be vasto and Grimmjow just barely made it into the Vasto Lorde category.

Lupee was a replacement though, so it makes sense that s/he'd be weaker. If lupee had been stronger then s/he would have been the sixth espada all along.

saikyan

[70]Jul 10, 2007
    • level: 1
    It never made sense to me as to why Luppi was made 6th espada anyway. Since they are ranked by power, that would mean Luppi was promoted over four espada. Makes no sense. My guess is that Luppi was promoted just to antagonize Grimmjow, or something.

MoCrovellie

[71]Jul 16, 2007
    • level: 11

The espada could be all extisting out of vasto lordes at the winter wars....
    Becauze Aizen is still looking for all the Vasto Lorde, remember when he said that to Gin: "No one shall stand in our way once we have gathered the Vasto Lorde together and have completed the Espada".

This seems very interesting...

Maybe he will have gathered them when the winter wars arc begins.

Rukia_Kuchiki

[72]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 25

Something has come to mind, because of last week episode. And it also ties into previous episodes.

I think Orihime is going to die at the end of this arc, or before the end of Bleach. Kubo "did" foreshadow Shijin into the first chapter and it took almost 200 chapters to get him in the story.

I lost sleep last night thinking this. Basically, the first hint was her powers, have a release phrase like a shinigami zanpakato release. Nothing much there that I real thought about. But during the Soul Society, she was the one who thought of the idea to "borrow" shinigami robe so they can blend in and not be noticed. I really didn't think much after that. Well time goes on to when she see's Hachigen and says her powers are like the power of a Shinigami. Which sort of matchs up with my 1st statment. Well in the last episode, Ukitake said "when she die's, she will make a great Shinigami."

This also ties into my theory how Ichigo will either beat Ulquiorra or Aizen. Since if a normal person dies, and she goes to the Soul Society and is made a Shinigami right away. Lets just say Ichigo is about to be killed by Aizen, Orihime watching from behind jumps out and takes the full force of Aizen's power, killing her and sending her to the Soul Society. Ichigo flips out because Orihime dies, but forgetting that she went to the Soul Society. Gets enough strengths and beats Aizen. It sort of ties into that theory, but I know there is a lot of plotholes here. So I don't think my end half will come true.

MoCrovellie

[73]Sep 4, 2007
    Rukia_Kuchiki wrote:

Something has come to mind, because of last week episode. And it also ties into previous episodes.

I think Orihime is going to die at the end of this arc, or before the end of Bleach. Kubo "did" foreshadow Shijin into the first chapter and it took almost 200 chapters to get him in the story.

I lost sleep last night thinking this. Basically, the first hint was her powers, have a release phrase like a shinigami zanpakato release. Nothing much there that I real thought about. But during the Soul Society, she was the one who thought of the idea to "borrow" shinigami robe so they can blend in and not be noticed. I really didn't think much after that. Well time goes on to when she see's Hachigen and says her powers are like the power of a Shinigami. Which sort of matchs up with my 1st statment. Well in the last episode, Ukitake said "when she die's, she will make a great Shinigami."

This also ties into my theory how Ichigo will either beat Ulquiorra or Aizen. Since if a normal person dies, and she goes to the Soul Society and is made a Shinigami right away. Lets just say Ichigo is about to be killed by Aizen, Orihime watching from behind jumps out and takes the full force of Aizen's power, killing her and sending her to the Soul Society. Ichigo flips out because Orihime dies, but forgetting that she went to the Soul Society. Gets enough strengths and beats Aizen. It sort of ties into that theory, but I know there is a lot of plotholes here. So I don't think my end half will come true.

She can also become a substitute shinigami like ichigo, becauze ukitake didn't really said when she dies....

Darketernal777

[74]Sep 6, 2007
    • level: 7

saikyan wrote:
    Welcome! Ive heard theories like that before, regarding Isshin and Urahara... The story does say that Urahara was kicked out a century ago, while Isshin "hasnt been a shinigami in 20 years". Take that as you will, but to me that sounds like "Isshin left 20 years ago." Which is obviously less than 100. The gigai thing still makes a lot of sense though, because how else would a guy like Isshin stay incognito? theres also the power-loss issue you mentioned. The noble family thing is a good call too. I'm saying that Isshin took Masaki's name, as Isshin's original name was Shiba. That would explain Ichigo's resemblance to Kaien which the story has gone out of its way to take note of on more than one occasion. It would also add twist to the Shiba clan's loss of status. im not sure im with you on Mayuri... but then we only have one frame of his real face. what a freak.

Damn, that sounds like a really sound theory. I gotta say, it's one of the more solid ones in this topic. Lemme add to your theory: Byakuya said that his super senbon zakura technique(the one with the dome and the swords on the walls), when used on Ichigo, was the "second person he used this on". Perhaps, in his attempt to escape SS, Isshin had to deal with Byakuya and therefore deal with his bankai. It would make a lot of sense, seeing as how Isshin was a captain himself. I know some people aren't sure of this cuz it was never stated in black and white, but for god's sake, the man shows up with the white captain robe wrapped around his arm. He talks about the captain class zanpaktou intimately...trust me, he's a captain.

Anyway, maybe that's also the reason why when Jyuushiro asks byakuya who that is when he sees Ichigo, byakuya dismisses it and says its just a ryoka that he's gunna kill....seems like he knew who it was exactly, but it deeply angered him and he didnt wanna get into it.

Here's a less story related theory: I think Zaraki's zanpaktou is gunna be some kinda chainsaw/saw like zanpaktou, both in shikai and bankai form. I say this because his normal zanpaktou is all jagged edged, so that's a hint, and another reason I say this is because in kubo's first work, zombie powder, the main character had a chainsaw sword, which establishes a pattern and perhaps will go in that direction.

BTW, just to clarify, when a shinigami or soul dies in soul society, it doesnt go back to earth. It's spirit particles merge with Soul Society and they become a part of it(the buildings, the land,etc.)

GodVegeta1982

[75]Sep 6, 2007
    • level: 6

Here is a speculation of mine that I've had for awhile and its about Kenpachi's zanpakuto, remember this is just throwing it out there...

I have been wondering, why cant Kenpachi talk to his zanpakuto? Then it came to me, maybe has been all along and just hasnt realized it. Maybe Yachiru is his physical form of it, I mean from what I saw she came out of nowhere after one of his fights, she couldnt remember where she had came from or even who she was. She has been seen with a zanpakuto of her own but has anyone ever saw her use it? In resent episodes from japan *Dont read on if you dont want spoilers* they were saying that Kenpachi has been found sleeping all the time but his lieutenant has not been seen in along time ... coincidence? I dunno, maybe he has finally realized it and is one with his zanpakuto now. In any case, weirder things have taken place in Bleach so it could be a possibilty no matter how far fetched it is. So what do you guys think? Could it be possible?

KappaPsi

[76]Sep 6, 2007
    • level: 9
    GodVegeta1982 wrote:

Here is a speculation of mine that I've had for awhile and its about Kenpachi's zanpakuto, remember this is just throwing it out there...

I have been wondering, why cant Kenpachi talk to his zanpakuto? Then it came to me, maybe has been all along and just hasnt realized it. Maybe Yachiru is his physical form of it, I mean from what I saw she came out of nowhere after one of his fights, she couldnt remember where she had came from or even who she was. She has been seen with a zanpakuto of her own but has anyone ever saw her use it? In resent episodes from japan *Dont read on if you dont want spoilers* they were saying that Kenpachi has been found sleeping all the time but his lieutenant has not been seen in along time ... coincidence? I dunno, maybe he has finally realized it and is one with his zanpakuto now. In any case, weirder things have taken place in Bleach so it could be a possibilty no matter how far fetched it is. So what do you guys think? Could it be possible?

definitly an intresting theory and twist, but other people have seen Yachiru and as far as i can tell no one has been able to see other peoples physical forms of thier zanpakuto. cool idea though if it was the case, i mean he is crazy powerful so it could be something like hes so powerful other people can see her, but i doubt it.

MoCrovellie

[77]Sep 7, 2007
    KappaPsi wrote:
    GodVegeta1982 wrote:

definitly an intresting theory and twist, but other people have seen Yachiru and as far as i can tell no one has been able to see other peoples physical forms of thier zanpakuto. cool idea though if it was the case, i mean he is crazy powerful so it could be something like hes so powerful other people can see her, but i doubt it.

Other people can see the physical forms of zanpaktuo's, like when Yoruichi saw Zangetsu and when Ichigo and Yoruichi saw Zabimaru.

About Yachiru being Zaraki's Zanpaktuo, too farfechted for me, and she couldn't remember becauze she was an infant when he found her. His Zanpaktuo is just like him, a loner. But still some zanpaktuo's aren't like their wielders, like Ikkaku and his Zanpaktuo, he works hard, his Zanpaktuo is lazy, maybe becauze Ikkaku doesn't use all the power of his Zanpaktuo. dunno.

Still, like i said before, at the winter wars we will see a full espada existing out of Vasto Lorde i think. The Espada is already getting thinned out now. And the hougyoku will be fully awakened, freaking powerfull espada then.

If Ichigo could hold his Hollow form, like the chick that calls him Berry San, she hold her hollow form at the first time for 15 hours, he would be the unbeatable man.

Rukia_Kuchiki

[78]Sep 7, 2007
    • level: 25

At first I thought the theory around Yachiru being Zaraki's spirit for his zanpakoto sounded right, but I think it is odd that she does have her own. Which is the biggest threat to that theory.

BTW about my Orihime theory, I didn't mean Ukitake wanted her dead, just saying his line says she will make a good one someday. As for her being like Ichigo, I really don't see it happening, Ichigo is strong enough to be on his own, she would need some training.

Something has been bothering me about Urahara as of late. People say that Isshin is a royal knight. I think to a point he is, but I'm starting to think Urahara is a royal knight. First of all hogyoku, could be taken two ways. One was his job was to make a team of hybirds to defend King on both sides. The other which seems to fit a lot better is if Urahara "invited" it in the Soul Society, why could Aizen just make it. I mean Urahara had to have notes on it, to what it was created from. Aizen could have just skipped it and made one for himself. Like he wants to do with the Royal Key. Or on top of that Mayuri could have made one, if was made of Soul Society parts. If it was made of Soul Society stuff, he should have been able to destory it. Also how did the "old" Espada and the Vizard know of hogyoku, the "old" Espada knew once it got there, they would be replaced. Vizards also knew of this to and Aizen's plans. Urahara sealed it right away it was has been said.

And his untraceable gigai or Isshin's one's that made him almost human. He was the first one to make on of them. Besides hinding hogyoku in a real person. Could it be that he is trying to hide other Royal Knights, so they can also guard Karakura Town, since that is where the spiritally high area is. Which would also support the fact why he chose that area too. I also think it was his job to get an army together, in case on an invasion. Which would be the Vizards (hopefully), Isshin, Ryuken, and Yorucihi. I know it isn't a huge army, but numbers really don't mean a lot when it comes to strength. Because it is also weird,how Ryuken is in this town. Strongest of the Quincies, Vizards, and Shinigami living in this one town, and Urahara could be the reason they are all there.

Another thing is his fast way to get to bankai. The thing he used on himself and Ichigo. If he wanted to get make them stronger. Hogyoku and this doll, would make them almost unstoppable. This seems rare and really useless, unless it is training to make someone important stronger. Yet no other captain has tried to use it yet on there Vice Captains or higher up ones. So it has to be a rare thing. Also Soul Candy fits in there a little, but nothing major that I can really think of.

Sorry for the long post. But I think Urahara's inventions seem a just bit odd for a normal smart captain, who happens to be in the exact location of the highest spirtial area, along with the Vizards and strongest Quincies. I think the King knew of Aizen, but wanted Urahara to test him to see if he would attack. Assigned to him by the king. I know there is gaps in it, but something doesn't make sense, why he would make them, unless he wanted to get banished so he could work away from Aizen to make him make his move first.

Darketernal777

[79]Sep 7, 2007
    • level: 7
    MoCrovellie wrote:
    KappaPsi wrote:
    GodVegeta1982 wrote:

Other people can see the physical forms of zanpaktuo's, like when Yoruichi saw Zangetsu and when Ichigo and Yoruichi saw Zabimaru. About Yachiru being Zaraki's Zanpaktuo, too farfechted for me, and she couldn't remember becauze she was an infant when he found her. His Zanpaktuo is just like him, a loner. But still some zanpaktuo's aren't like their wielders, like Ikkaku and his Zanpaktuo, he works hard, his Zanpaktuo is lazy, maybe becauze Ikkaku doesn't use all the power of his Zanpaktuo. dunno. Still, like i said before, at the winter wars we will see a full espada existing out of Vasto Lorde i think. The Espada is already getting thinned out now. And the hougyoku will be fully awakened, freaking powerfull espada then. If Ichigo could hold his Hollow form, like the chick that calls him Berry San, she hold her hollow form at the first time for 15 hours, he would be the unbeatable man.

Im not so sure about your Ichigo assessment, seeing as how he barely beat a fully released Grimmjow in his sustained hollow form. Personally I would place Ichigo's power as a 6th ranked Espada, which I believe is the very bottom rung of the Vasto Lorde ladder. I think from 6 up begins the Vasto Lorde category, seeing as how 7 and down arent even worthy of being espada since 1 of them is a gillian, the lowest form of menos grande, and another one is some octopus looking, theatre rat. Really uninspiring.

I think Kenpachi's zanpaktou hasnt spoken to him because Kenpachi for so long has refused to speak to it. However, now that he seeks contact, with some time, I do believe he'll emerge in some chapter soon enough and release at least a shikai on some powerful espada and totally mop up with his zanpaktou. Now, here's my theory about Kenpachi's sleeping: Hitsugaya told Matsumoto that she would have to enter a deep sleep for 10 years in order to age/grow stronger/etc. during the SS arc. What if Kenpachi is attempting some crash course of this idea? Meaning, not sleeping for 10 years, but being in a deep sleep for weeks or perhaps even months while the Hueco Mundo stuff is going on so he can become stronger(since he said that was his goal after he drew against Ichigo) and through this process speaks to his zanpaktou and finally releases AT least a shikai(Personally I'd love to see Kubo give what Im sure every Kenpachi fan alive seeks is a shikai and finally a bankai of kenpachi's zanpaktou)? Oh well, this is all just speculation and we'll see what actually happens.

Though, most people seem to think that Hueco Mundo and the winter war are gunna be 2 seperate arcs but....isn't that a little too much? I feel like Bleach is kinda dragging already with the Hueco Mundo arc being just constant fights. I mean, the last 20 or 30 chapters were fights. Nothing but fights. Not even a little side step to find out what's happening in soul society, nothing. Just fights in Hueco Mundo. I dunno about you guys, but im kinda getting bored with NOTHING BUT FIGHTS for the past many chapters.

MoCrovellie

[80]Sep 8, 2007
    Darketernal777 wrote:
    MoCrovellie wrote:
    KappaPsi wrote:
    GodVegeta1982 wrote:

Other people can see the physical forms of zanpaktuo's, like when Yoruichi saw Zangetsu and when Ichigo and Yoruichi saw Zabimaru. About Yachiru being Zaraki's Zanpaktuo, too farfechted for me, and she couldn't remember becauze she was an infant when he found her. His Zanpaktuo is just like him, a loner. But still some zanpaktuo's aren't like their wielders, like Ikkaku and his Zanpaktuo, he works hard, his Zanpaktuo is lazy, maybe becauze Ikkaku doesn't use all the power of his Zanpaktuo. dunno. Still, like i said before, at the winter wars we will see a full espada existing out of Vasto Lorde i think. The Espada is already getting thinned out now. And the hougyoku will be fully awakened, freaking powerfull espada then. If Ichigo could hold his Hollow form, like the chick that calls him Berry San, she hold her hollow form at the first time for 15 hours, he would be the unbeatable man.

Im not so sure about your Ichigo assessment, seeing as how he barely beat a fully released Grimmjow in his sustained hollow form. Personally I would place Ichigo's power as a 6th ranked Espada, which I believe is the very bottom rung of the Vasto Lorde ladder. I think from 6 up begins the Vasto Lorde category, seeing as how 7 and down arent even worthy of being espada since 1 of them is a gillian, the lowest form of menos grande, and another one is some octopus looking, theatre rat. Really uninspiring.

I think Kenpachi's zanpaktou hasnt spoken to him because Kenpachi for so long has refused to speak to it. However, now that he seeks contact, with some time, I do believe he'll emerge in some chapter soon enough and release at least a shikai on some powerful espada and totally mop up with his zanpaktou. Now, here's my theory about Kenpachi's sleeping: Hitsugaya told Matsumoto that she would have to enter a deep sleep for 10 years in order to age/grow stronger/etc. during the SS arc. What if Kenpachi is attempting some crash course of this idea? Meaning, not sleeping for 10 years, but being in a deep sleep for weeks or perhaps even months while the Hueco Mundo stuff is going on so he can become stronger(since he said that was his goal after he drew against Ichigo) and through this process speaks to his zanpaktou and finally releases AT least a shikai(Personally I'd love to see Kubo give what Im sure every Kenpachi fan alive seeks is a shikai and finally a bankai of kenpachi's zanpaktou)? Oh well, this is all just speculation and we'll see what actually happens.

Though, most people seem to think that Hueco Mundo and the winter war are gunna be 2 seperate arcs but....isn't that a little too much? I feel like Bleach is kinda dragging already with the Hueco Mundo arc being just constant fights. I mean, the last 20 or 30 chapters were fights. Nothing but fights. Not even a little side step to find out what's happening in soul society, nothing. Just fights in Hueco Mundo. I dunno about you guys, but im kinda getting bored with NOTHING BUT FIGHTS for the past many chapters.

Yeah i don't really read the Manga, but i still read the posts in the Manga thread, so didn't know he barely beat released Grimmjow. About Kenpachi, hmmm maybe he's sleeping a lott becauze he is bored, or it looks like he's sleeping, but in fact he's concentrating so that his zanpakuto will reveal itself and tell him his name. About kenpachi's shikai, it is already in shikai i think, becauze he can't seal his sword, cuz of his reiatsu, as he said to Ichigo, when ichigo then thought he could win becauze he couldn't get stronger then, big mistake of him lol. Well if i am not mistaken.

I Hope after the hueco mundo arc they will have some time of, and concentrate on some other stories, more background info on the chars etc.