Bleach Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

Theories and Speculation (May Contain Spoilers)

JadeRent13

[121]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 12
    Rukia's definitely got some mystery behind her that will hopefully be revealed later. I think one clue is her name. Kubo Tite is really clever with all the meanings/names of his characters that fit with their personality, but I think Rukia's meaning is somewhat of a fill inthe blank. Like he's not ready to reveal something.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Zuk0

[122]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 5
    JadeRent13 wrote:
    Rukia's definitely got some mystery behind her that will hopefully be revealed later. I think one clue is her name. Kubo Tite is really clever with all the meanings/names of his characters that fit with their personality, but I think Rukia's meaning is somewhat of a fill inthe blank. Like he's not ready to reveal something.

Well there kind of was already something behind Rukia, the fact that Kiske put that thing that allows soul reapers to gain hollow powers, other than that I think shes just normal.

OneNotTaken

[123]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 21
    Zuk0 wrote:
    JadeRent13 wrote:

Well there kind of was already something behind Rukia, the fact that Kiske put that thing that allows soul reapers to gain hollow powers, other than that I think shes just normal.

Yeah but that doesn't answer the question as to why he put it in her. If she isn't anything special, then why did he choose her? why did he think it would be safe there?

Zuk0

[124]Jan 20, 2008
    because he got the opportunity to, i don't think he was expecting her to be able to protect it very well, just for nobody to find out

JadeRent13

[125]Jan 21, 2008

Urahara put the hogyuku in the gigai hoping to get rid of it once and for all. Aizen is using the powers to make hollows into arrancar, but Urahara said that if Rukia had stayed in the gigai longer, then she would have just turned into a regular human. At least that's what I can remember.

I was speculating that there's something more to Rukia because her first name doesn't have any special meaning. Ichigo's name is about protecting, Orihime's a princess, Tatsuki's a dragon, blah blah, the rest have really cool meanings too. (Hanatarou's is so funny!) I just thought it was odd that Rukia's just about the only one who doesn't have something like that. It's the speculation thread so I thought maybe there was more to it. It's fun to think about conspiracy's.

Rogue_Beeyatch

[126]Jan 21, 2008
    • level: 23
    JadeRent13 wrote:

Urahara put the hogyuku in the gigai hoping to get rid of it once and for all. Aizen is using the powers to make hollows into arrancar, but Urahara said that if Rukia had stayed in the gigai longer, then she would have just turned into a regular human. At least that's what I can remember.

I was speculating that there's something more to Rukia because her first name doesn't have any special meaning. Ichigo's name is about protecting, Orihime's a princess, Tatsuki's a dragon, blah blah, the rest have really cool meanings too. (Hanatarou's is so funny!) I just thought it was odd that Rukia's just about the only one who doesn't have something like that. It's the speculation thread so I thought maybe there was more to it. It's fun to think about conspiracy's.

Seriously - some people really get mad, but there is nothing more fun then speculating (:

As for her name, I just remember that in one manga chapter (the one when Renji first remember his and Rukia's past) she's referenced as star, at least I figured that "A stray dog and a star" were Renji and Rukia. But it's possible that I misunderstood.

Zuk0

[127]Jan 22, 2008
    JadeRent13 wrote:

When i look up the names each one gives me nothing.

Llama_guy

[128]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 53
    Zuk0 wrote:
    JadeRent13 wrote:

The -go part of Ichigo's name has something to do with that, I think. He said that one part of his name has something to do with protecting after his fight with Ikkaku. Orihime's... Hime means princess.
    Edited on 01/22/2008 10:24am

Zuk0

[129]Jan 22, 2008
    Llama_guy wrote:
    Zuk0 wrote:
    JadeRent13 wrote:

The -go part of Ichigo's name has something to do with that, I think. He said that one part of his name has something to do with protecting after his fight with Ikkaku. Orihime's... Hime means princess.

I know ichigos means like number one protector, and of orihimes, but when i looked up hanas, renjis, and Byakuyas i found nothing.

OneNotTaken

[130]Jan 22, 2008
    Zuk0 wrote:
    Llama_guy wrote:
    Zuk0 wrote:
    JadeRent13 wrote:

I know ichigos means like number one protector, and of orihimes, but when i looked up hanas, renjis, and Byakuyas i found nothing.

I was under the impression that the closest literal meaning for Ichigo is strawberry... -_-

erattic_enigma

[131]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 6

peaceknuckle wrote:
    I was watching an episode where Aizen says they still have to finish gathering the Vastro Lordes, I was wondering how many of the current Espada were Vastro's, and how many more could there be out there to convert? I would kind of eliminate Yami, and going by the ease that Grimmjaw dispatched Luppi, I would think he might be the lowest ranked Vastro Lorde, giving a possibility of six of them so far.And besides that, the only one that really looked like what the outline of a Vastro was Ulquiorra. So who do you think are Vastro Lordes out of the Espada, and how many more do you think will be introduced later?

If you read the manga, there is a few chapters devoted to Grimmjow's backstory where it is revealed that he was an Adjucha class panther-type hollow meaning that he wasn't Vasto Lorde I would also rule Nnoitra out as a Vasto and Ulquiorra does look like the outline but there is a possibilty that just Stark, Hallibel and the unnamed old guy are Vasto Also, when Aizen talked about gathering the Vasto Lorde I think he was talking about using them to suppliment his Arracnar/Hollow army

Zuk0

[132]Jan 22, 2008
    OneNotTaken wrote:
    Zuk0 wrote:
    Llama_guy wrote:
    Zuk0 wrote:
    JadeRent13 wrote:

I was under the impression that the closest literal meaning for Ichigo is strawberry... -_-

Im guessing you havnt watched a dubbed episode, b/c he makes a big deal out of it in like episode 16 of dub.

OneNotTaken

[133]Jan 22, 2008
    Zuk0 wrote:
    OneNotTaken wrote:
    Zuk0 wrote:
    Llama_guy wrote:
    Zuk0 wrote:
    JadeRent13 wrote:

Im guessing you havnt watched a dubbed episode, b/c he makes a big deal out of it in like episode 16 of dub.

Nope, never seen a single episode of the dub, I believe that its made a big deal of at one point in the sub, but I don't think its until the hundreds.

JadeRent13

[134]Jan 22, 2008

http://community.livejournal.com/soul_society/330097.html

Here's the list that I was looking at awhile back that spurred my whole Rukia mystery thoughts. It's long but pretty interesting.I haven't checked on the accuracy of everything, but I know the manga has verified a few of 'em. Just think about it lol

Llama_guy

[135]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 53
    OneNotTaken wrote:
    Zuk0 wrote:
    OneNotTaken wrote:
    Zuk0 wrote:
    Llama_guy wrote:
    Zuk0 wrote:
    JadeRent13 wrote:

Nope, never seen a single episode of the dub, I believe that its made a big deal of at one point in the sub, but I don't think its until the hundreds.
    Well, Ichigo actually means strawberry dicectly translated. Also, Zuk0, Hana means flower Renji's... according to the dictionary I use, ji means character/hand-writing, which may be becaue of his tattoos he has on his body.
    Edited on 01/23/2008 7:52am

peaceknuckle

[136]Jan 25, 2008
    • level: 15
    erattic_enigma wrote:

peaceknuckle wrote:
    I was watching an episode where Aizen says they still have to finish gathering the Vastro Lordes, I was wondering how many of the current Espada were Vastro's, and how many more could there be out there to convert? I would kind of eliminate Yami, and going by the ease that Grimmjaw dispatched Luppi, I would think he might be the lowest ranked Vastro Lorde, giving a possibility of six of them so far.And besides that, the only one that really looked like what the outline of a Vastro was Ulquiorra. So who do you think are Vastro Lordes out of the Espada, and how many more do you think will be introduced later?

If you read the manga, there is a few chapters devoted to Grimmjow's backstory where it is revealed that he was an Adjucha class panther-type hollow meaning that he wasn't Vasto Lorde I would also rule Nnoitra out as a Vasto and Ulquiorra does look like the outline but there is a possibilty that just Stark, Hallibel and the unnamed old guy are Vasto Also, when Aizen talked about gathering the Vasto Lorde I think he was talking about using them to suppliment his Arracnar/Hollow army

Themore the series goes on the more they reveal about the Espada. Grimmjow wasn't a Vastro Lorde yet, but all the hollows he was with were adjuchas and ended up outside the Espada. They told him to go on to become a Vastro Lorde and he left them all behind, I think there is more of the Grimmjow flashback to come. The way the talk about the Espada is going, now I think Aaronero is the only non Vastro Lorde. ButI am almost100% that Grimmjow is a VL.

OneNotTaken

[137]Jan 25, 2008
    peaceknuckle wrote:
    erattic_enigma wrote:

peaceknuckle wrote:

Themore the series goes on the more they reveal about the Espada. Grimmjow wasn't a Vastro Lorde yet, but all the hollows he was with were adjuchas and ended up outside the Espada. They told him to go on to become a Vastro Lorde and he left them all behind, I think there is more of the Grimmjow flashback to come. The way the talk about the Espada is going, now I think Aaronero is the only non Vastro Lorde. ButI am almost100% that Grimmjow is a VL.

Aaronero is the only gillian. He states this as fact. Grimmjow is an adjuchas. He states this as fact. I do not thing that Nnoitra is a vasto lorde just because his body proportions are so non human. That being said, it is VERY obvious that ulquiorra is a vasto lorde because his mask is exactly half of what their typical mast looks like, Which means that it is VERY likely that the top 4 espada are vasto lorde, and those are the only vasto lordes that Aizen has found because if he found more, they would without a doubt be powerful enough to be espada. Some newly created arrancar could be vasto lorde as well, like wonderweiss, but we havn't seen enough of them yet to decide. I say that he has 5 vasto lorde maximum. At the moment.

wizard_ninja

[138]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 4
    OneNotTaken wrote:
    Zuk0 wrote:
    OneNotTaken wrote:
    Zuk0 wrote:
    Llama_guy wrote:
    Zuk0 wrote:
    JadeRent13 wrote:

Jidanbou says "Ichigo? That's so cute!!" because it means strawberry but Ichigo's all like "That's not it! It's "ichi" for number one and "go" for guardian/protector (shuGOtenshi, hoGOsuru, aiGOsuru)!! It aint cute!!"

ryoko_masaki

[139]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 6

This is what I think. Ichigo's Das was a captain, but after coming to the real world fell in love with masaki and decided to give up SS. Urahara helped him by creatin that gia. Anyways, Ichigo is going to be the one who defeats Aizen, but it won't be for a while. First Ichigo is going to have to get stronger so we are going to get a filler arc. I don't know about Orihime dying cause right now in the Manga she
    ***SPOILER***

but I think that Aizen is going to attack them and send them back to the real world. Thats where Ichigo will learn of his father's past, and the story will continue until the BIG winter battle where Ichigo is going to die and become a real shinigami.

What do you all think?

Zuk0

[140]Jan 30, 2008
    I think that that's a damn good prediction. I pretty much had the same thoughts as you, and I'm sure that nobody is more fit to fight against Aizen than Ichigo. However, I think that Ichigo's dad will reveal himself to Ichigo sooner than you think in order to get Ichigo out of something. what it will be i don't have any idea.