Bleach

Uryu vs. Ryuken! Clash of the Parent-Child Quincy

Aired Tuesday 7:00 PM May 16, 2007 on TV Tokyo

• Agreed with the other review, misleading title.

5.5
    This is what I call a true waste of an episode. It's bad enough the title does a good job of misleading you; we don't see Ishida fight with his father until the last 5 minutes, and the climax of his training to get his powers back was disappointing. And the worst part is that that wasn't even the worst part of this episode. There was one that dumb sequence with Renji, Urahara, and his other young tenants about training Chad, and although it was supposed to be emotional, Hinamori's little talk with Hitsuga-ya wasn't really emotional enough and just felt like a waste of time. Not an impressive episode at all.
  • Miss-Leading Title?

6.8
    When I saw the title I was expecting at least half the episode to be based on the fight between Uryû and Ryûken, not the last five minutes. Although I did prefer that the fight didn’t take up most of the episode as it allowed the storyline to continue along. The rest of the episode didn’t amaze me like the last episode but portrayed the manga very well. There was a scene that I found quite amusing which was Kensei talking about the Hollow training and Mashiro questioning why Ichigo was do this. When Kensei realizes that Mashiro didn’t have to do the training Mashiro calls him a dummy and then Kensei shows his short temper. I felt that this episode did the job of carrying the plot but wasn’t a banger.