Bleach

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

deershadow

Bleach Fan Reviews page 10 of 18

• Ichigo And Synopsis

Ichigois a 15-year-old who attempts to cultivate a detached image, for which he keeps his eyebrows constantly furrowed and his mouth always in a scowl. However, he is revealed to be kinder and more intelligent under the surface than his appearance and attitude would suggest. Ichigo has natural orange hair, a fact that annoys many upperclassmen in his school, who constantly pick fights with him.[3] Ichigo claims that he does not care what others think (both about his hair and other subjects) and seems to enjoy fighting the bullies.

Ichigo is also a capable student, ranked at 23 of 322 in his school.[4] Ichigo regularly studies and doesn't neglect his schoolwork, due to the fact that he has nothing better to do at home. It is later revealed that Ichigo works so hard only to overcome the misconceptions that many teachers tends to have about him, based on his hair color and interactions with other students.

Ichigo possesses the unusual ability to see spirits as a consequence of his innate spiritual power. After the full extent of Ichigo's immense spiritual power is unlocked as a consequence of his meeting with Rukia Kuchiki, as well as his subsequent inability to control it, many of his friends begin to develop spiritual powers due to their proximity with him. Constant exposure to Ichigo's energy causes several of his classmates to become spiritually aware, and some even develop their own unique powers as a result.

Ichigo lives with his father Isshin Kurosaki and his two younger sisters, Yuzu and Karin. His father runs a small medical clinic in their house, and recruits the entire family in his business. While Ichigo's father is portrayed as a comical, inept character who often challenges his son with mock attacks and berates him for being late for dinner, his two younger sisters both have the ability to see ghosts to a lesser degree. They are also more normal than their father.

Ichigo likes chocolate and spicy food. His favorite celebrities are Al Pacino and Mike Ness and the person he admires most is William Shakespeare.[1] He is uncomfortable around nude or immodestly dressed women due to the "tough guy" image he tries to maintain.

Ichigo's name, written with homophone kanji, means 1 and 5 or 15 when separated as ichi (Ò») and go (Îå), the reason behind the two numbers' frequent appearances in the series. The word ichigo (¥¤¥Á¥´), written in yet another way, actually means "strawberry" in Japanese, and is normally only used as a girl's name; when the gatekeeper Jidanb¨­ teases Ichigo about this fact, Ichigo proudly states that his name is spelled with ichi (Ò») as in "one" and go (×o) from "guardian". Ichigo's father once told him that his name means "he who protects."

[edit] History Ichigo at age nine, shortly before his mother's death.Ichigo's mother, Masaki Kurosaki, began taking him to a dojo to learn karate when he was four years old.[5] There, he met and fought with Tatsuki Arisawa, whom he lost to the first few times. Whenever this happened, he would start crying, only to stop instantly when comforted by his mother, to whom he was deeply attached. Tatsuki described Ichigo as a thin child, who looked very happy and always smiled when around his mother.[6]

When Ichigo was nine, Masaki was killed by the hollow Grand Fisher, although Ichigo did not find out the true cause of her death until early in the main Bleach storyline.[7] After her death, Ichigo was distraught and stood on the shore where his mother was killed for days. The entire Kurosaki family transformed at the death of Masaki ¡ª Karin became tough and did not cry again, while Yuzu took up the household chores. Prior to learning about Grand Fisher, Ichigo felt guilty for his mother's death, blaming himself for wandering too close to the water and causing her to put herself in harm's way to save him. Even after that, Masaki's death continues to influence Ichigo by causing him to feel guilt for his inability to protect those close to him: because of this guilt, Ichigo developed a resolute will to gain the power to protect his loved ones.

Three years before the main storyline, Orihime Inoue's older brother Sora died in the Kurosaki clinic from injuries acquired in a car accident.[8] Ichigo watched as Orihime cried for her brother, although he did not find out that the crying girl he saw was Orihime until a short time before the main storyline.[8]

While in junior high school, Ichigo met Yasutora Sado, then from Mashiba Junior High, who helped him out of a fight. Ichigo called him Chad because of the nametag he was wearing, which can be read either Sado or Chad, and continued using the name after being corrected. Chad, although extremely strong, was often the target of beatings because he refused to fight for his own sake due to a promise he had made as a child to his grandfather. Upon discovering this, Ichigo made a deal with Chad in which they both agreed to fight and risk their lives for something the other was willing to risk their life for.

[edit] Synopsis

[edit] Early story
    At the beginning of the series, Ichigo sees and confronts Rukia Kuchiki, a shinigami, when she enters his home. During their conversation, a hollow attacks, having tracked Ichigo back to his house. Because of Ichigo's interference with Rukia's work in his personal effort to protect his family from the hollow, Rukia is wounded and forced to transfer her powers to him in a desperate measure to save the Kurosaki family. During the transfer, Ichigo fully absorbs Rukia's powers rather than taking half, as she had intended. Having her shinigami abilities and his own immense spiritual power, Ichigo makes short work of the hollow and Rukia leaves.

The next day, Rukia shows up in Ichigo's class, now apparently a normal human as the other students are capable of seeing her. Rukia informs Ichigo that she is using a gigai ¡ª an artificial body used by shinigami when they need to recover their powers or stay in the human world for extended periods. While she recovers her abilities, Rukia insists that Ichigo take over her job, battling hollows and performing soul burials in her stead. At this time, he is only able to transform into a shinigami when a special seal on Rukia's glove is used to "knock out" the shinigami portion of his soul, and is dependent on Rukia to transform. Their acquisition of the modsoul Kon removes this dependency.

Ichigo's new duties set off a flurry of activity both in the human and spirit worlds. At one point, the hollow Grand Fisher, who has evaded the shinigami for over fifty years, comes to the human world and attempts to consume Ichigo's sisters, Karin and Yuzu. It is at this point that Ichigo finds out that Grand Fisher killed his mother and seeks revenge. Rukia tries to keep Ichigo from fighting, as she feared the hollow was too strong, but Ichigo orders her to go with Kon and take his sisters home. She is reminded of Kaien Shiba's last fight as a fight for honor, and reluctantly follows his orders. Ichigo greatly wounds Grand Fisher, but the hollow manages to escape.

During a duel with Ury¨± Ishida, a Quincy, a massive amount of hollows, including a Menos Grande, are drawn to the human world and defeated in one form or another, mostly by Ichigo and Ishida. Chad and Orihime also have their dormant powers awakened as a result, and each defeat a hollow on their own. Ichigo's victory against the Menos draws the attention of Soul Society, triggering the beginning of the next arc. Meanwhile, Ishida and Ichigo develop an uneasy friendship as shinigami and Quincy, with both of them apparently saving each other's lives.
  • One of the best animes ever and one of my favorites.

Bleach is such a friggin' awesome show. It is, by far, one of the best animes ever. The animation is incredible, almost perfect. I absolutely love the characters and their voices. They are so strange, but awesome at the same time.(Especially Ichigo...and his hair. :P) The plot is so unique. I've never read any manga or seen any anime like it. It gets you hooked very quickly. I watched one episode and I was hooked. I'm in love with the show, and I've only seen 5-ish episode. Lol. That's how good it is. So yeah, Bleach is one of my favorite shows and one of the best anime shows ever.
  • This is one of the greatest animes of all time, and just keeps gettin better

This show is about a 15 year old boy named Ichigo. Ichigo can see spirits and the dead. One day Ichigo is attacked by a hollow and meets Rukia, a Soul Reaper. At his house Ichigo is attacked by another hollow and is saved by rukia. She then Gives him her powers to defeat him.

This is a great tv show that has been around for a good amount of time in Japan. The show came on Saturday nights in English and recently began to come on every night. I recomend this show to any one who likes anime, cartoons, or just tv in general.

The only problem is the episodes go by too fast and are over, probably because I'm enjoying every minute of it.
  • Bleach is a creative world of Gods of Death and what they fight. To protect humans from all different enemys,and one night Ichigo gets tangled into this fight and becomes a God of Death.

Awsome show which you can sink your teeth into. It proves to be the Naruto of Swords and a way better story line. Each adventure Ichigo goess on will make you want even more. Every episode getting nearer to the end. Bleach is a creative world of Gods of Death and what they fight. To protect humans from all different enemys,and one night Ichigo gets tangled into this fight and becomes a God of Death. After you see the second and third season will keep you on your feet and thinking what the hell just happend! Well that was what happend to me.
  • My favorite show of all time.

I just recently started watching this show and I have to say it was amazing. The story is about a 15 year old kid named Ichigo who is given the powers of a death god by Rukia to destroy a hollow.Rukia cannot become a death god again because Ichigo took all of her powers. While being a death god Ichigo has to defeat hollows which are evil souls or something like that. I would reccomend this show to anyone that likes anime.
  • I just started watching this show recently. Like as in, yesterday.

The first time I saw this show, I didn't really get it. Although, the one I saw was a new episode. It was the one where Ichigo's sisters find a kitty and Yuzu names it Cami. I saw the first episode yesterday and thought, "Hey I kinda like this show." So now I have added it to my "List Of Anime Shows That Must Be Watched!" Others on that list are Naruto, Fruits Basket, Case Closed, Spiral, Negima, Avatar, Digimon, and now Bleach. I have only seen the first two episodes, but I think Rukia is my favorite. AFter that, I guess Ichigo. I can kinda guess what his character will be like, because in animes, normally the guys with orange or blonde hair are the main characters that always get into trouble. It's kinda odd, I often don't like the main character much in most animes. I don't hate them, but they're somewhere in the middle of my favorite character list. The second main character (example: Rukia) is often my favorite for whatever reason.
  • An amazing anime series!

This anime is absolutely amazing. The series is jam packed with awesome and dazzling fights. It is one of the funniest action anime series I've ever seen. Not to mention the emotional part of it is really effective. The characters are really likable in my oppinion. The story is really good, and the english version is one of the best dubs I've seen in a while, they cut out next to nothing! I can't believe I didn't know about this series until recently, oh well, anyway I would say this is a must see for anime fans, and for folks who like naruto, I bet you'll like this too!

I dont get y ichigo in episode 68-69 didnt use his ban kai i mean wats the point if u dont use it in a time of need lol well thats all i have to say bye. have a nice name o and my name is jake mims im 12 years old and i love animation it the best some one tell me if u find a better animie web site ill check it out well good bye for now. o and how come rukia comes back in episode 70 i mean i thought she was staying up there. bye
  • I hate this show, the charaters never use their brains

1.1
    This show is by far one of the stupiest shows I have EVER seen in my life. First of all, it is a rip off of Yakkity yak, which has become stupid in itself over the years. This show is one of those shows that I would not let my kids near. It will distort their brain. Horrible, horrible and horrible! Please do us a favor and stop the madness!

That's all I have to say about this show.

Overall, I saw it is terrible and show be taken off the air as soon as possible before little kids start to talk to idiots!
  • Ichigo Kurosaki is a 15 year old who can see the spirits of the dead. One day he sees a strange creature attacking a lone soul and a girl who destroys it. After this encounter his whole life becomes mixed up with Soul Reapers and monsters called Hollows.

This is a very good show that is both exciting and very funny. It is sort of for an older crowd of teens and older because of some language. However it is easily my favorite show with funny dialogue, interesting storylines and of course, awesome anime sword battles. Though the battles include a lot of blood and the story sometimes has more fillers then are really needed, the overall feeling is that I cannot wait for the next episodes to air and I am always waiting for a new twist or battle.
  • Ichi and Ruki!

There so cute together.When Ichigo risked everything to go save Rukia is was so sweet.He really cares about her and he could have just left her in the Soul Society but he didn't,even after she let him nearly get killed.I really hope they make it out all right.I so want everything to turn out okay.I love Ichigo and Rukia together so much.

Ichi and Ruki together forever!
  • this show is about a guy name ichigo (which is the main chasracter) and in the 1st episode he becomes a shinigami cause og rukia. But then he became a shinigami by him self. Now he has his own spirit power and hes stronger than he used to be.

I give this show perfect because is funny and it has action in it. For me this show is better than naruto not just than naruto but from any show ive ever seen. There might be more characters in this show than naruto anytime i will give this showw 100% trust me. My cousin shinigamikid says that naruto and bleach are equal but there not. I say to him your crazy man look at bleach right now it came to america in 2004 and naruto came 2006 and bleach is still better. He still keeps talkin its equal and i say shut up.
  • Bascically this show is about a boy (Ichigo)who aquires powers and must thwart evil beings and help his friends through troubles

In my opinion this is eveything a japanese anime should be and more!the humor in "Bleach" is hilarious and it meshes so good with the drama and the dialouges.The fighting scenes are superb and the creativity of the chracters is excellent.The coloring and artistc drawings are mind blowing,it is as if this cartoon consisted of real people.One of my favorite things about this show is the music.I just adore the opening themes and love the ending ones along with how the music goes with the type of mood the show is presenting.In conclusion,This is one of the best japanese anime ever created!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • A story of a kid and his friends and their struggles with their powers.

This is a very good show, but you need to watch it for a while to get into it. This show has more adult humor in it compared to another great show i watch "Naruto". Bleach is the best show i've ever seen when being coverted from japanese to english. This show also has the best fight scenes out of every anime i've ever seen, sometimes the story is a little light and the dialodge is a little bad but it makes up for it in action plus this show and manga has been getting harder to predict whats going to happen, and i think thats one of the best test of a show is to keep everyone guessing. I also every much enjoy humor they seem to make at all the other anime series like with women and their huge knookers. Bleach has some of the most interesting characters in it as well, the only thing they need to do now is start answering questions they leave open. The show has yet to really answer any of them like yourichi's, uraraha's, ichigo's dads, and most of the captains back stories and it bothers me they havent yet considering how long some of those questions have been out there but i have faith they eventually will.
  • Probably the best anime series ive ever seen so far. I recomend you give it a try.

I think it is probably the best anime series i seen so far. It’s witty lines makes me laugh out loud. It irritates me though with the "filler" eps where nothing much happens, apart from some background on a character; very much like in Lost.
    However I do appreciate that all the characters have very well connected and interwinding backgrounds, therefore giving dimension to the plot. It makes you believe this show is thought out and with a sense of direction and not just slapped together for sloppy entertainment.
    I don’t care much for the scenes with Kon and the rest of the Mod Soul rabble, they irritate me half the time.
    I really want them to develop the events that happened in eps 110-112 (If you haven’t watched this far yet I recommend you do)
    Overall I love the show I will like to see how some of the once background characters from the earlier series, become to surface with a bigger role. I love this series and I hope they will keep dubbing it too as I will watch them also. I recommend you give this series a try if its not for you then you’ve only wasted 25min of your life.
  • Bleach never sounded interesting to me. The name in itself was weird, I mean, Bleach? But then my friend Kimmy told me to watch it...and now I'm hooked for life

Bleach is one of those shows where you can get a clear opinion about something in the first three episodes. That's what I think anyway. I mean, from teh first episode on, Rukia was my favorite character, and Ichigo/Rukia was my favorite pairing. 35 episodes later that still hasn't changed.

Bleach is one of those rare shows where you find the dubbers didn't totally screw it all up. They left in most of the violence and fights, and the swears, which you almost never see in dubbed animes.

I never planned to get into it or anything, but my friend told me I'd like it, so I figured "what the hell?" and watched the first episode on YouTube. I was surprised at how good it was, I didn't know what to expect, but I certainly wasn't expecting a lot of action. Don't judge a book by it's cover, I suppose...still, great show!
  • A boy named Ichigo Kurosaki got the powers of a shingami when a soul reaper named Rukia Kuchiki gave him her powers to save his family from a hollow

A boy named Ichigo Kurosaki had a talent to see dead spirits. One night a soul reaper named Rukia Kuchiki gave Ichigo the powers of a shingami to save his family from a hollow. Now Ichigo fights hollows and anyone else who gets in the way. Once 2 soul reapers to take Rukia to jail for giving a boy her powers. The 2 soul reapers named Renji Abarai and Rukia's odler brother Byakuya Kuchiki. Ichigo fought against them and lost and got seriusy injured. Ichigo and his friends trained and went to the soul society and saved Rukia. Ichigo and his friend have fought against the Bound. Now they are fighting the Arrcanar to save Orihime.
  • ichigo has been able to c ghost since he was lil and 1 day he meet rukia although it seemed harmless it would change his life forevr

tite kubo is a genuis in jst the amount of time he has been out in teh world he has made a smash hit.when you watch this its makes u think how can ppl thing of these kinds of things.i have all 19 vols out right now and so far i would die to c mor and like it should nvr change the story is really good.when u read it it feels like ur there when this is going on but if ur lazy u should watch it it would make the laziest person in the world go out and do something with there life hoping that this could b them 1 day
  • Bleach is about a kid named Ichigo Kurasaki who sees dead people, spirts, and demons. He becomes a soul reaper with a big zaopokto and gets it shatter like a noob. Then he gets a new one without a hilt and raids the soul society to save rukia.

Ichigo starts out with a bunch of spirit energy stored inside of him. When he meets his first soul reaper and his family is put in danger his power is unleashed. The soul reaper is weakened due to ichigo stubberness and gives her powers to ichigo making him a temporary soul reaper with a gaint zaopokto. He then defeats the hallow. Ichigo then takes rukias place temorarilly and begins defeating hallows. Being exposed to all the spirit energy around ichigo his friends begin to gain there own powers. For breaking the rules of the soul society by giving her powers away and staying in the human rule rukias best friend and foster brother hunt her down. Ichigo trys to stop them but is defeated and left for dead. Rukia is then taken to the soul society to await her trial and death sentence. Ichigo goes and trains with the supernatural shop keeper and becomes a soul reaper for real while his talking cat friend helps his friends strengthen there powers. They then journey to the soul society. Once in the outside of the soul society they defeat the gaurdian of one of the gates and are still denied acess in to the soul society. They then travel to one of the cats friends house and use a cannon and travel through the barrier above the soul society with there new friend. Once in the soul society they are seperated and must fight off an endless hord of soul reapers to find rukia. Meeting new friends and gaining strength fast they are getting very close to saving rukia.
  • awsome anime

this anime isoneof my fave ever im curently on episode 112 but naruto is kwl and so is all the other anime like kenshin & beyblade & gravitatation & fake but kon is really kwl my fave battle is renji vs ichigo or byakuya vs ichigo and love there bankais but i think naruto is equal but beyblade is even more better than any anime in this world plus its funny when byakuya feeds yashiru that piece of bread during a meeting plus byukuya being rukias father or suming shocking but they do look like each other though & yukias sister ditching her frm jazmin
  • if u dont know it alredy u can get new bleach episodes for free at dattabayo.com

• One of the best shows ever if you like naruto you will love bleach!

Bleach has a good story line and lots of twists and turns that really surprise you. Bleach is an awesome show and it has high violence that is one of the main reasons why i like the show so much. It also contains alot of humor and it makes me laugh alot. I would say that this is one of the greatest shows that japanese people ever made. Bleach has alot of figthing scenes which would make a perfect AMV and the sword fighitng and magical spirit force makes it just one of the greatest shows around. Warning this show will get you adicted!
  • Kurosaki Ichigo ialah watak utama dalam manga dan siri anime Bleach.Siri ini bermula dengan Ichigo menerima kuasa shinigami daripada seorang Dewa Mautlain.Sebagai akibatnya,dia terpaksa menentang hollow untuk melindungi roh-roh yang tidak berdosa

Kurosaki Ichigo ialah remaja yang lasak dan mempunyai keupayaan luar biasa; dia boleh melihat roh .Kisah ini bermula dengan kemunculan seseorang yang tidak dikenali di bilik Ichigo. Orang itu ialah shinigami (dewa maut) Kuchiki Rukia yang terkejut dengan hakikat bahawa Ichigo boleh melihatnya.Perbualan mereka diganggu oleh kemunculan satu hollow(roh jahat). Selepas Rukia cedera parah semasa melindungi Ichigo, dia ingin memindahkan separuh daripada kuasanya kepaada Ichigo supaya dia dapat berhadapan dengan hollow tersebut.Tetapi,Ichigo menyerap kesemua kuasa Rukia dan berupaya mengalahkan Hollow itu dengan mudah.

Keesokan harinya,Rukia muncul semula sebagai rakan sekelas Ichigo.Hairannya,Rukia kelihatan seperti manusia biasa .Dia membuat andaian bahawa kekuatan semangat Ichigo yang luar biasa menyebabkannya menyerap kesemua kuasa shinigami Rukia lalu mengakibatkan Rukia terdampar di dunia manusia.Rukia kini menggunakan gigai-badan manusia tiruan - sementara menunggu kuasanya pulih. Ichigo pula terpaksa mengambil alih tugasnya sebagai shinigami (menentang hollow dan memimpin roh sesat ke alam barzakh).
  • I love the show and if tried to think of any negative comments of Bleach. It would take so long because that show is Great.

The show is great with Itchigo's ambitions and his friends. It have some comedy and lots of action and not afraid to show any blood. I love how a soul-reaper in trainig with his spiritual friends use their unique abilities. I just hope in the story line so far played in the adultswim of the u.s. Dosen't end when Itchigo finally rescues irukia. Because watching awseome anime espicially from japan they can be really short as well.
  • This show is just insane, stop reading this and watch it!!

Ichigo Kurosaki, our protagonist, is a regular kid with a special ability. He can see dead ghosts. It wasn't to much aof a problem at first until this thing called a "hollow" attacks. Basically, it was after him because of his high spiritual energy. Rukia, a shinigami, or "Death God" is searching for the creature. It injures her forcing Ichigo to take on her powers to save his family. Things just get insane from there... The story is well written, lots of constant action and excitement, strange creatures and even stranger mysteries abound (especially when you get deeper into series). There just aren't much shows out there that combine these aspects and create an excellent show. So just stop reading my garbage and WATCH THIS SHOW!
  • A good show!

this show rocks. i would say the best show ever! ive watched a lot of anime in my life and this show is as good as naruto. the fighting and the way hey suck you into the show makes this a all time classic. but there are some slow spots were they just talk and talk but other then that its all good. i know most anime has long talking spots but these and some time dull pointless. but then theres the good ones were you feel what there feeling. i havent seen something like this ever so it makes it original
  • A pretty good show.The show follows the line of the magna.It is a good series.

Bleach is a show about ghosts,hollows,soul reapers,and a lot other stuff.The show is sort of like Naruto in a way.The first four episodes of the show made me watch the show over and over.I recommend reading the magna before watching the show.The show'sepisodes follow the one before the episode.Anyway, Ichigo Kurosaki meets Rukia Kuchiki(when she's a soul reaper) and Rukia Kuchiki loses her powers in order for Ichigo to become a soul reaper and save his family.Then when Rukia Kuchiki loses her powers she suddenly relizes that Ichigo has a lot of soul energy(energy a soul reaper uses).That preety much summes up the first episode.Anyway you should watch the show.It's preety good.
  • Ichigo Kurosaki a bit of a bad-ass with an ability to see ghosts, a chance meeting with a soul reaper changes his somewhat normal life upside down.

Bleach is a great anime series. There are lots of awesome fights and storylines. The show centers around a crass teenager by the name of Ichigo Kurosaki this boy has the extraordinary gift to see ghosts!...As the story progresses his chance encounter with a being called a 'Soul Reaper' changes his whole world. She shows up after an attack from a monster known as a 'Hollow' in the human world. With each episode this show gets better and better. There lots on the edge of your seat action. I guarantee any anime die-hard fan will not want to miss this show.
  • If you likes sword fight with magic art this is your show. It has a great story lines is funny and fill with tons of action, it make you turn into a bleach fan.

This show is about a boy who could see ghost his name was ichigo kurosaki. At night his life change by meeting a girl name rukia. ichigo's family was attack by hollows. T he only way was to save his family is to possese a sul reaper power.ichigo became a substite soul reaper at while rukia had no soul reaper power.Ichigo must save people life from hollow for they won't get eaten. Soul reaper job is to vaporize hollows and send ghost to the Soul Society, which ghost rest in peace.This show has tons of actions and conflict and more.
  • GOOOO BLEACH! XD

I really enjoy watching this show, and plus the fact that it was aired on ADULT SWIM, and not something STUPID like cartoon network or 4Kids (thank GOD) but to tell you the truth, I like the manga just a bit better. =P
    PLUS there is no way in HELL *excuse the language* that they could POSSIBLY get rid of all the blood. They would probubly have to make all the characters say owie! I got a bubu! and make all the blood and gore turn into chocolate or smething gay like that... -_-
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14