Bleach

TV Tokyo (ended 2012)

deershadow

Bleach Fan Reviews (516)

• Simply amazing. even thaat doesn't describe Bleach! I'm totally in love with it, theres nothing to hate about it!!

Amazing doesn't even summarize Bleach. As soon as I saw the seventh episode on Bionix, I was hooked. Now, I am everything Bleach. Bleached my brain, my mind, my clothes. It's one stain I love living with. The characters are hilarious, the plot line is great. Even the few filler episodes in this series has a purpose!
    Theres no point wasting your time or bandwidth on other anime shows when you could be watching the 192 episodes of heaven.
    The only flaw with this is the anime is a little chopped up. It has two filler storylines, although they are good, they do not fit in with the usual stpryline of the manga.
  • Overall the way it starts off is slow, but as it gets along the story gets better. It also shows how friendship should really be. With twist and turns that you normally would expect.

The episdoes are fast paced and usually has enough action to keep an episode going. The whole saving a person thing is really cool. This show also follows the manga pretty close, so if you can get ahead of the show. It shouldn't go down fast, but will have a twist so good much later in the show, that no one should expect. The plot always seems to thicken, which makes you want to watch more and more.
  • I am finally writing my review on Bleach I never thought I would have a chance to write this but here is my review.

Bleach is a manga and anime series about a man named Ichigo Kurosaki who one day meets a shinigami (dubbed soul reaper in english) named Rukia Kuchiki and Ichigo steals her job as soul reaper and becomes one himself and along with him are Uryu Ishida a man who hates soul reapers because one of them killed his family except for his dad and Yasatora Sado who's nickname is "Chad" who gets strong after getting bitten by a hollow and can see hollows and Orihime a girl who can heal people. On there way they enter the soul society and what happens is that a evil soul reaper named Souske Azien who is the antagonist of the series who of course is the one who was unleashing hollows upon the world and wants to become ruler of the world so it is up to Ichigo to defeat Souske Aizen and save the world. Bleach is a great series the only problem is that in the anime they don't usually have much action this series right now has been getting worse since then but Bleach I will still watch now and then so Bleach is a good series I would give this a 8.5.
  • Theres always a demon vs humans anime but but theres also one that stands out from the rest and bleach is the one. beware spoilerss below

when Ichigo touched a ghost his reatsu was unsealed and hollows (souls that have either refused to descend to heaven, had great resentment in their hearts or were turned into hollows by other hollows) come after him. Then Rukia a shinigami from squad 13 lead by Captain Jushiro Ukitake shows up at his house. The soul society saves lost souls and protects humans from hollows. Rukia was unable to fight such a powerful hollow and decided to lend Ichigo her powers temp.
    But he over absorbed her powers and left her in a weakened state until they return. After Ichigo gains the powers of a shinigami he gets into a fight with Uryu Ishida of the Quincy clan. Ishida hates shinigami for leaving his grandfather to die. He decieds to have a contest with Ichigo to see who can kill more hollows. He breaks hollow bait before Ichigo can decline. So many hollows gather that a Menos a huge hollow shows up. No one but a captain and some lieutenants can fight evenly with one. But Ichigo has such a huge amount of energy he was able to wound it. Soul society soon finds out and thus starting Rukia's punishment as its illegal to give humans their powers. She was sentenced to death Her borhter Byakuya Kuchiki and his liutentant Renji Abarai capture her and injure ichigo and ishida who try to protect her. She is taken to soul society to await execution. but that was only a ruse planned by former squad 5's captain Sosuke Aizen along with his assistants Tousen and gin ichimaru to get a special tool inside her the hogyoku. Soon after he escaped with the help of some menos. They escaped to the land of hollows Hueco Mundo. Now they plan on using the power of the hollows to kill the King of soul society.
  • One of the best anime shows of all time!

This show is basically about a teenager named Ichigo a girl Soul Reaper (shinigami) named Rukia gives him her shinigami powers to save his family. He is now a shinigami and with the help of his best friends, they keep the world safe from Hollows. Hollows are evil spirits that look really freaky. "They are formerly human spirits that were not sent to Soul Society in due time after death. This led to their corruption, robbing them of their sense of being and giving them a craving for human souls." (Wikipedia)

The main characters are:
    Ichigo Kurosaki
    Rukia Kuchiki Renji Abarai
    Inoue Orihime Sado Yasutora (Ichigo calls him Chad)
    Uryu Ishida My favorite characters are Renji and Ichigo! They both crack me up!

The fighting is awesome in Bleach! (There is pleanty of it!) And it also has humor! The best genres together! =D

I didn't think the show sounded good at first, but it is much better than I thought! Definately watch it or at least give it a shot! 10/10 show!
  • Bleach is a great action anime but it's kind of annoying now because of fillers.

I watched 1 episode of Bleach and I got hooked on to it. The biggest thing that bothers me is the fillers. I didn't mind 1 or 2 fillers to get back to the original story but whole seasons for fillers?! The zanpakuto season was extremely boring and now there's another one! I also think some of the minor characters should be more important like Keigo or Tatsuki. The thing I like most about Bleach are the characters and the fights. Most characters are well likable and it's impossible not having a favorite character from Bleach. Bleach is also very funny, Kon's perverted attempts are hilarious! I also love Rukia beating up Ichigo for insulting her drawings! I love the intensity of the fights. I think Bleach is an anime worth watching!
  • Incredible... Absoulutly incredible.

There is so much I could say about this show. First off, in any anime, you should look at the script and voice dubs. Both are impecable. The storyline is fabulous, starting out slow then propelling it self along, creating cool and complexicated characters. With the perfect amount of action and humor, this show pushes everything to the limits. The amount of time out into this series is incredible. If you come in when the show is at its 204 episode, it will demand your time for you to catch up. The indepth in the story line is amazing, and is hard to understand if you just came in, so I recommend starting from the start. Don't be lazy! Now go and watch it. You'll be glad that you did.
  • There is just one word to describe this show - Fantastic!

The show centres on Kurosaki Ichigo a normal highschool student who has always been able to see ghosts. One day he is attacked by one of these and a deathgod called Kuchiki Rukia arrives to save him. However, when she becomes injured Ichigo accepts her powers and from that day forth becomes a Substitute deathgod.

Firstly I have to say that if you don't like anime then you won't like this but if like me you do then this will rock your world. The plotline is original and the characters are great with real depth and great development throughout the show.

The animation is fabulous as is the voice talent. All in all this is a must for anime fans.
  • Awesome show

If there was an anime i did like it was bleach...i learned to read faster when i was watching the japanese versions of the show lol.
    I dont really like anime shows but i do acually like this one....well maybe it is the good anime art, it isnt all badly drawn like alot of other animes, which is a good thing.
    My favorite character is Ikkaku Madarame This si a show worth watching..alot of people think that it is not in depth enough or it is repeitive but it is better then deathnote ..bleach is the way to go dude out!
  • tis show is cool because it has a dude with orange haire like naruto but bleach they can also fly and they have cool powers. :0

this is cool because it has dudes that wear cool clothes like ninjas do and they can sommon animals and has captian codiga from naruto. you think this show is not cool but it is since there is nothing on tv too watch on this time so just watch it but the cool shows are naruto, code gease and espically not family guy. watch naruto its the same but it doesnt show the same mission like to destroy the dolss that toke about 2 months to kill the 4 of doll or 3 of them that is boring BUT has action nija style taijutsu and super powers . :0 :@ ).
  • The show follows Ichigo Kurosaki, a substitute Shinigame, and all of his friends trying to battle unseen evils. Chad, Rukia, Renji, Orihme, and Ishida. Each character has their own special abilities.

Ichigo Kurosaki was a normal high school student in modern Japan, except for one thing.. He can see ghosts. He later becomes a Shinigami, or death god after taking the powers of Rukia another Shinigami. His friends all seem to have strange powers. Ishida Uryuu is the last of the Quincys a race of people that hate Shinigames but try to achieve the same goal of exterminating hollows, or evil ghosts. Sado "Chad" Yastora is an extremely large and strong individual that hates to fight, however he believes in doing the right thing and later gains the ability to fight with giant fists, which become known as giants right arm and left arm of the devil. Inue Orihme gains the powers of the hibiscus sheild and can use that power for healing purposes but have very little attack power
  • Bleach is about a 15 year old boy named Ichigo Kurosaki who has can see spirits of the dead. One day, he meets a soul reaper named Rukia Kuchki. While Ichigo's family is being attacked by hollows, he's given the powers of a soul reaper by to save them.

Bleach is quickly becoming my favorite show (well not right now because of the fillers).the story itself is very creative. i like the whole idea about wholes and hollows, and i also like the idea of the zanpakutou, and how each one has their own name and unique power. theres a lot of action, and thats what got me into the show in the first place. before Bleach the only other anime i ever watched was Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon (if you can even count that as an anime). it's a really interesting show if you ever get a chance to watch it.
  • Bleach is an amazing anime, but there are somethings that have made me lose interest. I have followed this anime for 9 seasons. It kept wanting more and more then the fillers came. I understand that they needed to place fillers in, but their boring

Bleach is an amazing anime, but there are somethings that have made me lose interest. I have followed this anime for 9 seasons. It kept wanting more and more then the fillers came. I understand that they needed to place fillers in to allow the manga, that their following, time to get ahead for a short while, but the fillers that they placed into the anime were both boring and, to me, unappealing. The bounto season was great for originality, but the others I cannot watch. Other than the fillers, except the bountos, I'm completely addicted to BLEACH. Love It!!!
  • A legend comes to end

still cant believe that this amazing masterpieace is over , it really was a one hell of a ride. I envy everyone who hasnt watched it yet because i would do anything to watch it all over again for the first time.
  • About a soul Reaper named Ichigo

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING
  • the best anime ever

To be honest, i think bleach is one of the most exciting, dramatic, action packed anime series. Almost every fight in the series is detailed and exciting to watch. You can really see how the character's mood changes all the time. With unexpected twists and turns. There is much added comedy and feuds even between friends and family that just make bleach even more interesting. The one thing i find good about a series, is the music. "Bleach" had exceptional music, all the emotional music actually made you feel sad, and the funny music always made you laugh, no matter how many times you've heard it. Bleach is a very origional series that one can definitely look forward to as this year's top anime series. The story is very origional as it employs a relationship with a shinigami, which can be compared to the grim reaper in the European society and United States culture. As the series goes on, it discusses the real truth behind hollows and the society in which the ghosts are vanquished to, the Soul Society. Although the jokes in the manga are not carried well to the anime, many people will find the series funny with plenty of places to laugh at. With many plot twist coming toward to viewers, it is sure to please those who look for genre that include comedy, super power, school kids, and fighting. The Manga is most definitely worth a read. As with most things, the book is always better. However, the use of understated body language and charged silences in Bleach is one of the main reasons I became hooked on this series. It is why I would also recommend you watch the show.
  • Bleach is an excellent show and one of my top ten favorite animes.

Bleach is an excellent show, but it will move a little slow at first if you watch it episode by episode. I think bleach is best when you watch like 3 to 5 episodes at a time, but the show is so good you probably won't be able to wait. The intense story and fight scenes make this anime great. The opening themes just keep getting better and better. The comedy is nice sometimes, but sometimes it really isn't need. If you like anime and action, you should check it out.
  • this is the best show i have ever wached and it is super full of action and supence it just wants you to wach more and more of it i just can't blieve peolpe say it is bad it is the best they are wrong when they say that it is bad they are not smart!!!!!!!

this is the best show i have everwachedand it is super full of

action andsupenceit just wants you towachmore and more

of it i just can'tblievepeolpesay it is bad it is the best they are

wrong when they say that it is bad they are not smart!!!!!!!

• Right now... Bleach is probably my favourite anime, and I doubt that I'll ever lose my obsession with it.

Amazing. And the episodes are still coming! It's so Awesome! Right now... Bleach is probably my favourite anime, and hopefully, I'll never lose interest in it. I haven't seen a lot of episodes, and I'm just near the start of the second season, but it's getting really awesome. Not to mention that Ichigo's getting more powerful, and everyone's killing everyone else, the major funny moments, AND... Toshiro Hitsugaya is just a little cutie, so Awesome and Adorable! I Loved him as soon as I saw him, except... I kinda spoiled everything for myself, since I read what happens to him and Momo and Aizen on the internet before I watched it, but now I know what to expect... still, I wish I hadn't done that. Anyways, at the start when Ichigo first became a Soul Reaper I just loved it, not to mention Keigo's Awesomeness with his jokes and all, I couldn't stop laughing. And then came all the Hollows, the Quincy's, the... ah... Spiritual Pressure, lol, the Zan-Pakuto (or however it's spelt), the Lieutenants, and of course the Awesome and Lovable Captains, then the murdering of a fellow captain. Non-Stop Awesome fights and never-ending hilarious moments are hopefullly going to never stop! It's something that you can't get out of, obsession much, lol. I'd have a lot more to say about Bleach, but that's be too many words to type. Forever will Bleach be Awesome. ... The Hotness of the guys are an added bonus!
  • Excellent...

I don't know what to say about Bleach that hasn't been said already but I'll try. One of the parts of it that I like the most is the fact that it sticks to the manga quite closely and doesn't diverge or contradict manga very much. Characters are great, story and atmosphere are quite interesting. Don't get me wrong it ain't the best story in the world but is more or less above average. Among the minuses of the anime I count long filler arcs, over use of censorship on human or human looking characters and general slow pace. Those who love shonen will probably love Bleach, and those who don't will find some other entertainment. For the rest enjoy this great show because there ain't that many that can compare to it in the shows genre.
  • Bleach is adapted from Tite Kubo's manga. The story follows a fifteen-year-old boy named Ichigo Kurosaki who can see the souls of the dead. After meeting a Soul Reaper(shinigami or death god), Ichigo is forced to fight corrupted souls called hollows.

Note: For people who have watched some of the first couple of episodes, it is completely different from the rest of the series. It starts off slow, but picks up after the first ten episodes. Bleach is the only anime I have ever watched that completely intrigued me. The story is unlike anything I've ever observed. I don't want to say too much about the story because it might spoil the show for anyone interested. Characters have deep individual plot lines that intertwine and blend seamlessly. Even some of the characters that have only background purposes are deeper than then main characters of other shows. Bleach can be described as an action, drama, comedy, and romantic show. The action includes innovative fighting with an extraordinary amount of abilities unique to each character. The connections the characters have develop continually throughout the series and keep the viewer interested and guessing. The comedy in Bleach seems to be completely random, but this makes it all the more hilarious. There will be a completely serious moment with high tension when all of the sudden, one of many comical relief characters will appear accompanied with playful music. This usually lasts only a few seconds before returning to the tense moment. The romantic component of the show is split into many different love stories. Some may be extremely obvious, and some obscure. There are those that are simple and easy to predict, and others are complex that will keep fans guessing. Another great part of Bleach is the Soundtrack. The background music greatly compliments the scene at any point in the series. Every season, new music is added which keeps it fresh and lively. There are constantly changing opening and closing themes in each episode. Each theme song has become an essential part of my music library. Final Overview: A great show for anyone, even if you have never seen an anime, or have little interest in doing so. Although it might not be appropriate for smaller children, adults and children can appreciate The Humor and action. I have yet to meet someone who did not like the show after watching the full first season.
  • A new anime I got into!

This Anime totally rocks my socks. First of all all the action and all the violence and swearing. I just love all the action and fithing. I got into it not a long time ago and it is pure original and I never thought some one couls actually think of something this amazing like this. I will eventually give this show a 10/10. I only watched a couple of episodes it is not even edited it is like watching the original Japanese version. This is an amazing anime I have seen in a long time so I will continue wacthing it and see what Ichigo and Rukia are up to.
  • Ichigo, a young rangah man, has the similarities of a shinigami, that is rare of a human to have. He discovers that a young shinigami girl, Rukia, walks through his walls and into his bedroom. He then punched her and since then his life had changed 4eva.

This is one of my top favorites. I really like that girl, who I forgot. But she uses her hairclips to fight. I liked it when she discovered her powers, because I like reading Zombie Mangas. I'm ready High School of the Dead at the moment. Anyways, I really like it now, and its actually more unpredcictable than I anticipated. I didn't think it would be this great. I love it now and I will never stop reading it. It didn't have a get impact on my life, but I did find it boring at first. Now I am adicted.
  • Kurosaki Ichigo is a 15 year old student, with the ability to see ghosts. His life was forever changed when he met Kuchiki Rukia, a Death God, who is charged with sending lost souls to Soul Society. Now Ichigo ha to take up the powers of a shinigami.

When you first hear the word "bleach," you probably think about disastrous washing experiences. But the series Bleach is anything but disastrous. Tite Kubo (the creator of Bleach) proves that even an old formula can be a huge success if you just add a few original twists and some hilarious comedy. However many people argue that Bleach is simply another "all about the fighting" anime. I will argue against that.

Bleach is the story of a young man named Ichigo Kurosaki who is suddenly thrust into a world of Death Gods, ghosts and Hallows, where the rules are complex and deadly if broken. Death Gods send the "good souls" to be purified in Soul Society and cleanse Hallows. However, Hallows are much more dangerous than they look and one day a Death God named Rukia is bested and forced to give up her powers. To save Ichigo and his family, she offers her spirit ability to Ichigo. In an act of desperation to save his family, Ichigo accepts the transfer.

The story following is that of Ichigo trying to come to terms with suddenly being the hero, and the responsibility that is a requirement of that job. Several other characters are introduced, all with varying views of Death Gods and powers of their own. Eventually Ichigo's adventures take him to Soul Society itself, where he battles to save one of his dearest friends.

Yes, the fights are a huge part of Bleach. But the characters are what drive the story on. Ichigo's the rebel, but with likeability that no one can resist. His personality is a perfect contrast from Rukia's serious and smart one. The dialogue between them is absolutely hilarious, making for many a great situation. (Especially when Rukia starts living in his closet.)

The wide variety of characters create a funny and lovable cast, from the ditzy Orihime to the silent Chad, to the dorky Ishida, to.... a stuffed animal named Kon? Between them all, it's impossible not to like at least one and keep cheering for them episode after episode.

The soundtrack is well done, too. It adds to the humor, but also to the mystery that surrounds a lot of the plot. The animation has some interesting techniques, blending colors together to create a more "water-color" look, at least in the first few episodes.

This is a wonderful anime that deserves a fair chance. It's not your average fighting show. Go Bleach!
  • starts out with Kuchiki Rukia, a death god giving her powers to kurosaki Ichigo, a 15 year old guy, but with breaking the laws of the other world, leads to serious trouble....

started out cool, almost liek an inuyasha thing except it starts to get cooler with his death god powrers growing and learning new things, and when the went to soul society, this anime just heated up. this is my second favourite anime, ahead is gundam seed destiny and following behind this is Naruto.

reccomended for those into anime!
  • Beautifully crafted anime...I've fallen in luv once again.

Ah, For awhile I thought my love for InuYasha had been overshadowed by Bleach, but I've come to the decision that they are both my number one. Bleach is a beautifully drawn anime about a orange-haired fifteen year old named Ichigo with the ability to see spirits. Enter Rukia, a Shinigami (Soul Reaper) who transfers her powers to Ichigo after she is gravely injured and unable to save his family. That's the start of a face paced-some what comical tale about Ichigo who has to save Rukia from her own people (Soul Society) when they set out to kill her. And that's just the first arc. Bleach has morphed into a weekly obsession for me, where I sit and giggle at Rukia's rough treatment of Ichigo, Keigo's psych-babble (my baby!) and where I also cringe at Orihime's idiotic nonsense. She's annoying...but still a well thoughtout character.
  • The story of Kurosaki Ichigo, the high school boy with orange hair who can see the dead. One fateful day his life is changed by Kuchiki Rukia a Shinigami otherwise known as a Death God. Kurosaki Ichigo will now fight to protect everthing he holds dear.

Bleach is an incredible Manga and Anime from Japan. A fine example of a story that could rival the Dragonball series which most people highlight as the example of an action series. I had my first exposure to Bleach watching the first 25 episodes fairly quickly one after the other, what I saw was a well animated slick presentation and something that was far more violent than I had expected.

The comedy isn't over the top and it plays well with the characters, the development of the characters also means that you begin to care about them.

I also can't let this review go without mentioning how well it handled a potential real problem for anime series based on concurrently running mangas is the problem of filler. We know of shows that handled it very badly which will remain unnamed. Bleach chose to use a single arc that while it did not and could not provide much in the way of character development it was reasonably entertaining and brief.

I would recommend Bleach the Anime it stands the test as easily one of the great long running series available today.
  • The best Shonen Jump series currently in Japan. While it may bring nothing new to the table, Bleach is just plain fun. From a huge cast of characters to incredible action sequences, Bleach is one of the most addictive series in recent memory.

One of my personal favourite anime series, Bleach is the adaptation of Kubo Tite\'s popular manga (as featured in Shonen Jump).

Named after Nirvana\'s first album, Bleach is the story of 15-year-old Kurosaki Ichigo, a boy with a constant scowl on his face, who just happens to see ghosts.

One fateful night, Ichigo meets a Shinigami (Death God) by the name of Kuchiki Rukia. The Shinigami are powerful beings responsible for the slaying of demonic spirits known as \'Hollows\' and sending the spirits of the dead to the after life, Soul Society.

When his family is attacked by a Hollow, Ichigo is forced to stand up and protect the people he cares about most. The only way to do so... to become a Shinigami himself.

The basic premise of Bleach may be nothing new, but where the series shines is in the characters. The relationship between Ichigo and Rukia is undoubtedly the core of the show and a lot of the emotional and comedic moments comes form the interaction between the two.

But Ichigo and Rukia aren\'t the only players; there\'s a HUGE cast of characters, each with their own personalities and pasts. Characters who may at first appear to be antagonistic, turn out to be good people deep down. The series has a great habit of making the viewer not only root for Ichigo, but for his friends and enemies too. You really become attatched to these people and care about what happens to them.

Throw in some great action, an intriguing view on the afterlife, a murder-mystery, and a talking stuffed animal and you have one of the most addictive anime series in the last couple of years. Bleach is good fun and will keep the viewer glued to the screen desperately awaiting the next episode.
  • A orange-haired protagonist, hollows, pluses, and samurai spirits that protect the balance between spirit world and human world!? What more could a person ask for .. *read on*

Warning - Reading this review might make your eyes bleed. ForlornHope claims no responsibility for any kind of injury that might result from this ^^; Now that we've got that settled and you're willing to take the risk..

Bleach is about a 15-year-old guy named Ichigo who has the strange ability to see ghosts, but one day when he touches a female spirit the seal on his spirit energy is broken and all of a sudden all these bad spirits, or hollows as they're called come after him since high leveled people are on the top of their eat list y'know. Enter Rukia, a spunky 150-year-old "Death God" who sports black samurai clothes and sword to the rescue. Unfortunately she gets seriously wounded in a battle, so at last resort she transfers all her powers to Ichigo and he takes the place as a "Substitute Death God" until she regains her spirit energy. And later on he even gets to go to soul society on a rescue mission where it becomes much more than the monster of the day anime. The only cons I see about this series is that it's really cliché. It's shounen, what else can I say? Our loud-mouthed main character has unnatural power without even training and the "damsel in distress" thing that comes in later is really really cliché. But if that doesn't bug you I say that you should go for it! You won't be disappointed ^^
  • Ichigo, a typical rebellious teenager is gifted with the ability to see and sense spirits. In a moment of desperation, he is given the powers of a death god, and his life would never be the same.

7.8
    Bleach. It has become one of the most popular and watched animes on the charts, and I simply had to find out what was so good about it. I have watched all the way to episode 65, and so I have a pretty good grasp on this show. Bleach was nothing brand spankin' new in my book. It had the typical shonen hero who happened to be a rebellious thug infamous for how hard his punches were. He was commonly ridiculed for the color of his hair, which affected the number of friends he had in his life negativly. Amazingly, his life took a gut wrenching twist when he met Rukia, who happened to be a full fledged shinigami. Because desperate times call for desperate measures, Ichigo, the main character, was given these powers to save his family from demon like creatures named Hollows.

Later in the anime, things didn't become much more original. I will not mention any spoilers in this review, but only that the typical themes of past shonen animes were very much used, including physical training through a master who happened to be incredibly famous and strong (not to mention he was a stud when he was younger), and Ichigo undertaking many tests and quests that constantly brought me to a De Ja Vu.

This anime entirely reflected a LOT of ideas used in animes such as Yu Yu Hakusho, and it really disappointed me.

However, this show was full of really cool looking characters that really complemented each other. I enjoyed looking at them. The bad thing about that though was that there were simply TOO many characters introduced at one time, I can't even remember half of their names.

If you like action packed, ghost-bustin, fist beating animes , then you'll definelty like Bleach. However, do not expect anything completely original from this show. Sadly, I'm afraid to say Bleach is extremely overrated.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10