Bleach

Urgent Report! Aizen's Terrifying Plan

Aired Tuesday 7:00 PM May 09, 2007 on TV Tokyo

• Aizen's true intentions

First half started off with where the previous one left off; Ichigo is continuing his internal battle in order to tame the hollow within him. Fortunately this imaginary battle with Kenpachi is better than the other two he's had, and most importantly, it finally ends. In a way though the first half felt like it was just really lacking; the fact that this dragged on for so long just detracts from it. Second half though, despite no action, it gets a huge boost in character development as we discover the true intentions of Aizen. It was like solving a mystery and you were itching to find out more. The second half does a great job of compensating for the first half.
  • Brought great influence and brought back the decent soundtrack! Best one in ages!

A fantastic way to conclude Ichigo’s fight with his inner hollow. Loved the quick twirl of the sword before attacking. I also loved the fact that they used decent soundtrack, ‘Nothing Can Be Explained’ and ‘On the Principe of Defeat’, throughout the episode. The plot was carried very well leading from one event to the next. The episode certainly shows why Bleach is one of the best animes of all time. I feel that it succeeds in suggesting that we will see Ichigo’s hollow again by having the voice actor emphasise his last words before he disappears. Ichigo shows why he is the main character of this story.