Blind Justice

ABC (ended 2005)

Gino24

Blind Justice Fan Reviews (34)

• Thankfully this show has been cancelled and Ron can move on to better things. Blind Justice was entertaining, but sadly just too bland. Had it taken a leapt of faith and show guts it might have been one of the great police dramas.

4.8
    I am a fan of Ron Eldard, and as much I love his work I have to say that Blind Justice is a mediocre series.

It starts strong and with a lot of promise. The premise is fresh and interesting. Ron Eldard stars as detective Jim Dunbar who lost his sight in the line of duty. Jim must face numerous challenges to get accepted at work again. He has a troubled marriage, and seems to be a multi-dimensional character.

The pilot starts strong as we see Dunbar getting back on duty and having problems with his wife because of an off-series extra marital affair. Right there the show held so much promise, but after the second episode the edge of the show started to become dull.

What happened? I don’t know. Maybe it was conceived like that from the beginning or the producers changed their direction and decided to go on a “safe” and formulaic route.

Jim’s problems get resolved too easily. His relationship with his wife gets fixed too fast his partners suddenly accept him too easily. Where there was a lot of opportunity to explore complex issues about being visually impaired, having to work through an affair, and deal with obnoxious coworkers, we get run of the mill solutions more fit for Disney movies than for a police drama.

For crying out loud, his wife meets his partner and doesn’t get even concerned, not to mention jealous. After only two (2) shows his captain (initially cold and skeptical of having a blind cop with a gun under his command) suddenly trusts him. No wonder ratings started to take a plunge after the second episode and never came up again

Thankfully this show has been cancelled and Ron can move on to better things. I wish him and the cast the best of luck. Blind Justice was entertaining, but sadly just too bland. Had it taken a leapt of faith and show guts it might have been one of the great police dramas.