Blood Ties

Deadly Departed

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 01, 2007 on Lifetime

• An attorney dies of a heart attack in an elevator and Vicki is approached by the widow to investigate the death. The suspected killer died in prison the week before. Other people, a DA and judge who were all involved in the killers trial die as well.

Much better episode than the last few and definitely a step up in the story telling. Complexity, suspense, and a little fear built into this story.

We have a witch. Well it looks like we have a number of witches. First we meet Sinead played by Christine Chatelain, a sultry reader of tarot and bones who obviously has a history with Henry and tries to mislead Vicki. The other is Lavena O'Connor (Mary Black) mother of Magnus who was the killer who died in prison. Lavena is a purveyor of the black arts and is directly involved in the current terror.

First Magnus' attorney Fred Stamp dies of a heart attack in his office elevator. Then DA George Neely buys it the same way in his car. Finally despite Vicki's efforts Justice Petigrew dies hiding in his panic room. The key was the fingerprints on the hearts. The coroner really is playing a huge part in the information that Vicki is able to put together.

Mike is forced to finally listen to Vicki and with Henry's help they are able to defeat the ghost that is being manipulated into killing. We also get an insight into what the marks on Vicki's arms are all about.

On a side note that was pretty wicked the way Vicki and Henry found Brady. His mother must have been really upset to do that to her own son. I would say that is one mother that is in charge of her families business dealings.

The scene with Sinead and Henry in his home was quite good too. The fact he was able to resist her to go to help Vicki was interesting. I wonder if we'll see her again. She said he would see her around!

Much improved and an enjoyable episode. I hope this is a sign of things to come. Thanks for reading...