Blood Ties Forums

Lifetime (ended 2007)

Could Blood Ties Come Back?!

wingchick99

[1]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 13

I found this and thought I should share so lets keep our fingers crossed I copy and pasted this article i found

Fans, your voices have been heard!

When I posted our TV Throwdown, I asked you guys to email me if a show you loved was missing from the list. Fans of Lifetime's canceled vampire drama, Blood Ties, responded in droves.

If you haven't been watching, here's how fan Tami Z. describes it: "Blood Tiesshould be on the list of best shows of 2007! It's a great drama about a take-charge woman P.I. that teams up with a sexy vampire to solve 'strange' cases, which also tend to involve her ex-partner/lover cop. The great chemistry among the three main actors (Christina Cox, Kyle Schmid and Dylan Neal) combine with the witty one-liners to make this show completely addicting. You can watch the past 22 episodes on Lifetime's Website. It's a crime drama you can really sink your teeth into! (Pun totally intended.)"

Not that I don't love any show that generates bad puns, but since Blood had been booted from the airwaves, as a dead show it was disqualified from the poll...right?

Not so fast! Because so many of you were so passionate about this series, I did some digging (I've learned never to underestimate a rabid fanbase), and lo and behold, there is hope!

According to Blood Ties executive producer Randy Zalken, even though the show is off the air in the States, all is not lost. When asked about possibly getting the show back into production, he says, "We're hopeful." Why? Because of fans like you. According to Zalken, "We're very happy with the support of the online fans," and he thinks the built-in audience is strong enough to attract new backers to the show.

So, here's the sitch:

Who Can Bring It Back: The series is Canadian, and according to Zalken, "Some of the Canadian broadcasters have said, 'Yeah, we're interested in it; let us know what and when and how.' We're also hopeful that a new home in the U.S. will present itself." The series would likely need financing from both a Canadian and an American network if it were to pull off a second season. Sci Fi? SoapNet? Starz? Which nets do you think should take a look?

Why It Stands Out During the Strike: According to Zalken, "I don't think the strike is going to hurt us, because Canadian writers are not hindered by the U.S. guild rules. So, we can be delivering new shows for the fall... I guess that's more than a lot of producers are saying now." That's good news for fans and Blood Ties staffers, but it's probably less exciting for our local American writer pals, as it could alleviate some of the pressure they're attempting to put on American conglomutainment outlets.

What's at the Ready: Should a vampire-friendly guardian angel with deep pockets happen to fall out of the sky tomorrow, the show could resume production relatively quickly, says Zalken. "The sets are still available-they've not been destroyed-our talent is very eager to come back, and our show runner, Peter Mohan, is standing by."

Post your feelings about Blood Ties below, and with any luck, a curious passerby with a big fat network budget will happen upon the scene and realize exactly how beloved this series is by you, the fans.

-With reporting by Jennifer Godwin

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

appara

[3]Feb 28, 2008
    • level: 12

Now that might be the best news for 2008!

I was hoping after the writers strike was settled there would be an update to this show and its fate! I am keeping my fingers crossed that somebody picks up this fantastic show and continues with Season 3!

nikkirae5680

[4]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 6
    Please don't cancel, I miss this show already

firedrakes

[5]Mar 7, 2008
    i was talking to Kyle Schmid yesterday about the series and it at the moment on hiatus and their(actors) are not sure if it will be pick up again. and also the company that own the tv rights merge with another company and that did not do well while the show got very popular

melaty

[6]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 2
    Tell us which Powers that Be we have to write to.

TesserT

[7]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 75

Now owns BT prods:

CTVglobemedia Inc.
    9 Channel Nine Court
    Scarborough, Ontario M1S 4B5
    tel:416.332.5000
    www.ctvglobemedia.com

Corporate Communications
    tel: 416.332.5000
    e-mail: ctvglobemediacommunications@ctvglobemedia.com

Edited on 04/07/2008 8:59am

firedrakes

[8]Apr 29, 2008
    blood ties in other country's is mega hit. but again it the money to make this show

happytoes

[9]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 8

YouChoose.net has a petition to sign. Make sure you get all your friends to sign too.

http:www.youchoose.net/campain/blood_ties_season_3

TesserT

[10]Jun 5, 2008
    happytoes wrote:

YouChoose.net has a petition to sign. Make sure you get all your friends to sign too.

http://www.youchoose.net/campaign/blood_ties_season_3

Done! & I made your link active (thanks for the correct spelling Jim!)

Edited on 06/14/2008 6:48am

jimmyzark2

[11]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 3

Hi. Let's hope we can work together and bring it back. There was a misspelling in the link. The corrected link is below:

happytoes

[12]Jun 25, 2008

Sorry for the mistakes guys.

WE are going well at TV_Vote. Position 36, Yay. Get over there and start voting. You can vote once an hour.

Good luck Blood Ties.

TesserT

[13]Jun 26, 2008
    jimmyzark2 wrote:

Hi. Let's hope we can work together and bring it back. There was a misspelling in the link. The corrected link is below:

Made your link active.

Crazywho

[14]Jul 28, 2008
    Sad thing for BT! Lifetime has decided that they will NOT pick up the show again but if we keep voting we could possibly get another network to pick it up. I'll keep voting and hoping! BT fans keep up your wonderful work, I have confidence we can get SOMEONE to pick this show back up.

amoran968

[15]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 3
    Why is it that every vampire show on television, gets cancelled after one or two seasons? Blood Ties, Moonlight, Forever Knight just to name a few? I personally can not stand reality tv. (The Real World, Big Brother, Survivor.) HELLO!!!! No one likes reality, that's why they made television, as an escape from everyday things. I know it's cheaper to use non-professionals but give me a break. I guess Andy Warhol was right. Bring Back Blood Ties!!!

VanGriffin

[16]Aug 11, 2008

It was my favorite LaifeTime show.

And i can't beieve it was produced for one season (they aired it in 2).

But since they seem so happy with Amy Wives ; little more than Desperate Housewives on a base.
    I doubt it will be returning anytime soon.

Forever Knight back in its day DID last for more than season, if remember. Unlike Moonlight, which was a massive stunner to be cancelled.

I still hope for a revival. Ya never now.

Zustin662

[17]Aug 18, 2008

Blood Ties,Is one of the best show on tv if they stop making it that would be crazy,I might go crazy if they stop,Becuse I'm mjust so mad with all of these good show going away after one Season 1,HopeThey will make more Blood Ties is the best vampire show right now It Woulod really s**k if True Blood was the only vampire show on tv "True Blood S***s Big time!

WE NEED 8 Season's of Blood Ties

osobenawitch

[18]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 12
    Hey, guys! What is going on? I hate the way the series finished and I wonder will they at least make a proper finalle?

WillemijnBouw

[19]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 2

i just love it ! i still wonder what happens next .. but I'll never know , its not knowing angers alot