Blood Ties Forums

Lifetime (ended 2007)

DVD release

meretean

[1]Apr 21, 2007
    • level: 8

A member of the production staff has confirmed that Blood Ties will be released on DVD.

In an interview on BloodTies-BloodLines, the composer for Blood Ties, James Jandricsh, hinted that there might be a soundtrack CD too.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Rockergirl81

[2]Apr 21, 2007
    • level: 2

I know I can't wait!!

dontstealmyair

[3]Apr 22, 2007
    • level: 6
    Yes! That's fantastic news. Does anyone know how many episodes they have signed on for?

Ruby1981

[4]Apr 22, 2007
    • level: 7

That's unclear at this point. They have filmed a 22 episode season, but "Army Wives" starts airing in the same timeslot in June after only 13 episodes.

spacedkane

[5]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 41
    Perhaps they will move it to another night of the week. Regarding the DVD and CD hopefully the cd will be out soon, I enjoy the song choices in the episodes.

LadyMalfoy

[6]May 4, 2007
    • level: 3

Army wives is taking over the same time slot? Hmm . . .  I'll have to watch the previews more closely next time!

DVDs are awesome!  I just hope they won't be wildly expensive like some shows. 

LdyVictoria2

[7]May 14, 2007
    • level: 1
    THANK GOODNESS I WILL Buy It As Soon As It's Released I Hope There Will be A 3rd Season Soon I look Forward To This Show,
    BloodTies Every Week I have Not Missed NOT 1 Episode.
    5 Stars As Far As I Am Concerned. V

hay2thelee

[8]May 19, 2007
    I can't wait. it's safe to say i'm the most obbsessed person with tv that i have ever heard of. I own 17 seasons of various shows and i'm getting this one too

propop

[9]May 20, 2007

hay2thelee wrote:
    I can't wait. it's safe to say i'm the most obbsessed person with tv that i have ever heard of. I own 17 seasons of various shows and i'm getting this one too

I'll give you a run for your money....I live in another country were this show will probably never see the light of day.  I am going to buy it on dvd import it without having even watched one episode, no matter the cost.  That is how much I want to check Blood Ties out! CRAZY... I KNOW

Clemontine

[10]May 21, 2007
    • level: 23
    propop wrote:

hay2thelee wrote:

I'll give you a run for your money....I live in another country were this show will probably never see the light of day. I am going to buy it on dvd import it without having even watched one episode, no matter the cost. That is how much I want to check Blood Ties out! CRAZY... I KNOW

Wow, I am just curious, what is it that you are so interested in about the show, considering that you havent even seen it?

propop

[11]May 22, 2007
    Clemontine wrote:
    propop wrote:

hay2thelee wrote:

I'll give you a run for your money....I live in another country were this show will probably never see the light of day. I am going to buy it on dvd import it without having even watched one episode, no matter the cost. That is how much I want to check Blood Ties out! CRAZY... I KNOW

Wow, I am just curious, what is it that you are so interested in about the show, considering that you havent even seen it?

It is difficult to pin point one exact reason, it is made of a few points:

Primarily I really enjoy these type of shows that you could best describe as a little off centre.  In a tv landscape littered with analytical cop shows, soap opera styled dramas and reality programs it can all get a bit tedious.  Please don't get me wrong, I actually do watch those types of shows and consider some of them excellent entertainment but as viewers we need different choices not more of the same.  Granted over the past year networks have answered the call to provide a greater variety, though  I do sometimes feel trhat this will be short lived.  Networks just don't appear to have the patience required to support alternate programs while they build an audience base...very frustrating...but hey I'm gonna take what I can get.

The premise of a vampire and a human trying to work together is very intriguing.  It is the problems that can arise from this friendship that creates an interesting relationship dynamic.  I know that vampire tv programs are not new eg Buffy/Forever Knight but they always create their own atmosphere which makes each show very unique.

Where I'm from we have five free to air networks and one pay tv company.  There is just no way they can provide all the shows available elsewhere.  Understandably they do tend to stick with mainstream popular programs and other more unusual ones sadly get left behind.  Just because something isn't the biggest in the ratings war doesn't mean it isn't an excellent show.  So I take a chance.  I want the opportunity to see it... I want to make up my own mind instead of having a network executive deciding for me. 

Lastly... it just sounds cool!

Clemontine

[12]May 23, 2007
    • level: 23
    Lol, ok. I never watched any vampire shows before, its usually not my thing. I am a nerd when it comes to tv. I watch stuff like Stargate and Star Trek, but I had some TV.com friends who watch this so I checked it out without even knowing the premise. I am so glad I did, its now one of my fave shows on air.

sam_forever

[13]May 28, 2007
    I have the same problem, I live in England where I doubt they will ever actually air this show. I have still watched the episodes up to "Norman" though. It's not exactly legal, but a couple of websites where you can watch Blood Ties include YouTube and www.alluc.org. Hope that helps.

propop

[14]May 30, 2007
    Thank you sam_forever!

ladyicehawke

[15]Sep 23, 2007
    I have tried that link and I can't get anything - it redirects me to another site when I click on the episode link and I can't see anything. What is wrong Argggg

Does anyone know of any other links to see the shows free???
    email me at ladyice@hotmail.com

xxlly

[16]Oct 7, 2007
    • level: 6

Try the Lifetime TV network site:

http://www.lifetimetv.com/on-tv/shows/blood-ties

Edited on 10/07/2007 2:44pm

WCCope

[17]Nov 17, 2007
    • level: 2
    xxlly wrote:

Try the Lifetime TV network site:

http://www.lifetimetv.com/on-tv/shows/blood-ties

BUT they are SLOW to update, don't expect a new episode before the Tuesday or Wednesday after it airs.

meretean

[18]Mar 4, 2009

Blood Ties is set to be released in the US on June 2, 2009.

According to one of the producers, it will have extensive extras.

Seeing is believing .... and I ain't seeing it yet.

TesserT

[19]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 76
    The series was produced as 1 season but Lifetime split it into 2 seasons. The British Blood Ties box set when it was releasd featured all 22 episodes and no extras, but this US release on Jun 2 is for Season 1 (first 11 episodes on 4 discs (615 mins) + extras according to distributor Vivendi Entertainment). Available for pre-order at Amazon for $22.99. The release for Season 2 is tentatively scheduled for September 2009.
    Edited on 03/12/2009 7:10am

angelbabe1973

[20]Apr 13, 2009
    • level: 12
    the blood ties boxset on amazon uk is only £5.78..